Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
J/C

I really like em. I like that they still come off feeling classic though still updated. The subtle orange stitching in the brown is slick. Though I wish they added white around the orange CLEVELAND.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Those shoulder strips are flat out horrible looking. orange jerseys? What are we the Cleveland Oranges? Oh, or maybe we want to become the tennesee vols =(

The Browns name being phased out too. I guess a Team name is in the works too... I know ... we will become the Cleveland Bulldogs ... to fit the mascot I guess.

I liked the old uniform much better.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
New uniforms look red and brown. Wassup???

But if they win a Super Bowl in them, who gives a rat's patootie??

Not that I think the ARE going to win a Super Bowl in them ...

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Razorthorns
Those shoulder strips are flat out horrible looking. orange jerseys? What are we the Cleveland Oranges? Oh, or maybe we want to become the tennesee vols =(

The Browns name being phased out too. I guess a Team name is in the works too... I know ... we will become the Cleveland Bulldogs ... to fit the mascot I guess.

Who said the Browns name is being phased out? Conspiracy much?

And if we're changing our name to the Oranges because we have orange jerseys, should we also had been called the Whites in the past? We've had White jerseys a long freaking time.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
T
Legend
Legend
T
Well, I was able to see 2 of the jerseys and that's it.

The orange jerseys, I prefer, and note that the shoulder stripes on the orange jersey are identical to the helmut stripe. That'll be great! It'll seem like 33 helmuts out there. Did the player lead with his helmut or his shoulder, they'll not be able to tell.

I want to see the orange jerseys often.

I' think I'd prefer, Orange jerseys for home, White jerseys for road, and Brown pants for both.

Maybe someday the photos will be available online.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Spiritbro77
If they go 3-13 this year they will look awfully stupid for making such a big deal out of a uniform change.

So, they should only make a big deal if they already know our record will be better than 3-13 next year?

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Legend
Legend

The new uniform pants have the name "Browns" in huge print on the pant leg. Geesh, the name is not changing.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Spiritbro77
If they go 3-13 this year they will look awfully stupid for making such a big deal out of a uniform change.

"Complain if they did."

"Complain if they didn't."

At least you're consistent.

"Complain."

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
C
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
C
NRTU

I guess I'm the downer - Frankenstein loves all the stitched together pieces that make the jersey. thumbsdown

Seal Brown and Burnt Orange have disappeared - Tangerine is the new orange. saywhat

Whomever said the orange is subtle needs to look up that definition. tsktsk

'Cleveland' on the jersey - why? 'Browns' on the pants - not subtle. Maybe get them both going vertical so being on the ground is readily identifiable. tongue

Change for change (and Marketing's) sake. Thanks to Mrs. Halsam for all her tasteful influence. thumbsdown

Go Tennessee.

Last edited by chet the jet; 04/15/15 03:20 AM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
After having the night to let the new uni's sink in, I guess I feel more underwhelmed than anything. I don't love them, I don't hate them. I think that there were multiple fan designs that were better.

Anybody look at the new uni's and think "OMG, these are awesome"?
Anybody look at the new uni's and think "OMG, these are awful"?

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

If that was true wouldn't the name be changed to Bullmastiff's??

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
YESSSSSSS They made no changes to the designs they came up with. These jerseys are the same as I saw 6 months ago. Now I am still hoping that the orange pants and Brown jersey combo gets worn at least a half dozen times this year fingerscrossed

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
B
Legend
Legend
B
It will be interesting to see which combo's they tend to wear, and when.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: 1JohnnyG
New uniforms look red and brown. Wassup???

But if they win a Super Bowl in them, who gives a rat's patootie??

Not that I think the ARE going to win a Super Bowl in them ...

If you are looking at all of the videos with this comment, that would be because they apparently didn't do anything to help white balance any of the camera's. I haven't found a good video yet. For all of the talk about testing these on camera, you would think that they would give a chance for everyone to white balance their cameras. It's pretty easy to do, send someone up with a a white cue card before the event starts with the lights up and let them do their thing. If you wanted to get extra fancy, the flip side could have been the new orange color to just ensure that it looks right.

[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
When I first saw the replicas, I cringed. I hated that it said "CLEVELAND" on the front and I didn't like how the jerseys looked on the shoulders.

Now, having seen the real thing with the entire uniform, I get it now.

I would rather it say "Browns" on the jersey and have a solid 3 stripe pattern down the pants, and I also think the brown jersey needed white numbers with orange shadows, but I see how it's cohesive and I'll take it.

My personal favorite part is the helmet with the textured stripes. It's going to pop on TV and in the stadium.

It kind of reminds me of how Nike does the Ohio State "night game" jerseys and I'm very ok with that.

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
I said the orange stitching on the Brown jersey was a subtle move

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I absolutely love the jersey's and all the different color combinations.

I don't know that I'll buy one right away (as I JUST got a brand new Haden jersey) but in due time I will.

I wonder if the new jersey's will mean the NFL will feel inclined to give us a primetime game or two? rofl

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave"
F
Legend
Legend
F
http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/media-cen...52-3e845503b96c

I like the browns name on the pant stripe.

Last edited by FloridaFan; 04/15/15 09:07 AM.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: FloridaFan
Growing Old Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional.

I like the fact the legs didn't go all the way to the ankle.

Great sig. I choose to not exercise my rights on the latter.

#GMSTRONG
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
The new color scheme reminds me of just how bad of an owner Randy Lerner was. The 2006 redesign (all on-field nonsense aside) set the team back decades.

The darker brown was good, but the more washed out orange, grey facemasks and black cleats looked horrible.

The new color scheme is definitely 2015 but it's still brown and orange in the end. The TV testing and stadium testing is going to go a long way toward making the entire uniform scheme look damn good on TV and in the stands.

All that being said, I doubt these jerseys are around for decades like the old jerseys. I can see another revision in 10 years maintaining the same general layout but with whatever evolves by then.

Last edited by Ammo; 04/15/15 09:08 AM.
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
I really don't like "CLEVELAND" on the jerseys...that's sooo college...The Browns on the sides look OK.
I do like the brown jerseys with the orange player's name.
Overall, I am pretty blah about them. Start winning and I can get over it.

I really like the Cleveland across the front. Brown with orange letters are my favorites, will be ordering a Haden shortly in that version once I can find it in the Elite version.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
I like the new uniforms. Some combinations are "meh". The big build up and "show" to introduce them was overkill, leaving me feeling like "will they help the team win? can they QB? will they send text during games?"

New Uniforms, check... now move on already.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Maybe I'm the only one, but I kinda wished they would have spent the entire half hour just introducing each jersey separately. Give us like 3 minutes to see it, have them zoom in to see details/colors, and then have them move onto the next one.

It was sensory overload to see all 9 guys at once ... I basically had to look online to "see" them

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c

These would have been AWESOME in 2002. In 2015, not so much, they already look outdated and cheap. Should have either went completely modern or kept the traditional like Green Bay and Chicago. I like the additional color combo's but the rest of the execution completely missed. Browns down the side looks like some Victoria Secret's sweatpants, number font and shadows look like they are straight out of a Madden create a team.

Oh well, if we ever win, that is all that matters.

Eat it Phil...
Legend
Legend
Best looking NCAA outfit in the Bigs. Three jerseys to sell.

"The opposite of "Winning ugly" is "Losing pretty." Sad to see this as the best. As a vendor, Nike is happy. Just overwhelmed by the indifference to this hoopla.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
I'm still trying to digest how I feel about the uniforms. My snap judgments like some combo more than others. I like the all brown unis much like I did with the old ones.

I really like CLEVELAND on the front...loud and proud. I like Dawg Pound on the neckline as well. A constant reminder of how great the fans are and who are right behind you on Sundays.

BROWNS on the leg seems a little minor league for me. I'm not a big fan but its not turrible.

Glad to know that the orange will be a alternate jersey. My eyes kinda hurt starting at the all orange combo for too long...like the sun.

The fooled us on that gray! rofl

Tackles are tackles.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Could have been better, could have been worse. The pants look good (no more solid brown ones). The orange numbers have to go. They look awful. Best looking jersey is the orange one (because of the white numbers) but it will be the alternate for 2 home games. Hopefully we will never see the all orange unis (reminds me of the Indians all red in the 70's). As long as the are consistently in the playoffs, no one will really care. I'm not running out to buy any of them. I'll stick to my classics. Or t-shirts.

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
D
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
D
I really like the new uniforms and I'll probably buy one for myself and some for the kids for birthdays and Christmas. New design, new color patterns, 9 different uniform combinations which is really cool because just like others by the 4th game I'm thinking to myself all white uniforms again? How boring, at least now they have different combinations.

For everyone out there that is complaining about them and the helmets, what should the browns have done different? I mean if you think about it what is our logo? Orange, Brown, and White on a helmet. That is our logo, it's not a dog, it's not an elf, our logo is basically 3 colors. If the Browns would have came out with a wild and radical uniform design with grey in it and bolts or stripes people would have complained we didn't keep the Browns tradition or it looks like a XFL team or the Bengals with the stripes, etc.

I think with what they had to work with they incorporated a lot of cool stuff in the new uniforms and made them more modern. We are the only jersey with the city's name on the front of it, Dawg Pound is on the inside collar, etc.

I don't think all of the promotion and hype was necessary but it's Haslam's money if he wants to spend it on promoting the Browns then that's fine with me, he should put on a live event every weekend and let fans come and hang out with the players!

Legend
Legend
Just clicking

Had something funny happen about a 1/2 hour ago..

Was at Papous Tap and Grill to get lunch. The waitress (who is NOT a browns fan) said that one of her friends sent her a email with the All Orange unis next to an Orange Traffic Barrel. I can't get that image out of my mind LOL

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Quote:
The fooled us on that gray!

Man, that's for sure. I kept reading that brown was out as a main color, and that gray was in. I was braced for gray. Then I saw brown, standing tall and proud on that stage, and was really happy.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
Just clicking

Was at Papous Tap and Grill to get lunch. The waitress (who is NOT a browns fan) said that one of her friends sent her a email with the All Orange unis next to an Orange Traffic Barrel. I can't get that image out of my mind LOL

I guess I don't understand why that would be a bad thing? Is it the connection to traffic? What if I created a picture of a Chiefs jersey next to a Stop sign, a Jets jersey next to a field of grass, or a Colts jersey to a post office box?

Just because the color may match something we see elsewhere, is that a negative?

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
Just clicking

I guess I don't understand why that would be a bad thing? Is it the connection to traffic? What if I created a picture of a Chiefs jersey next to a Stop sign, a Jets jersey next to a field of grass, or a Colts jersey to a post office box?

Just because the color may match something we see elsewhere, is that a negative?

Never said it was a bad thing. Just a funny thing that I can't get the image out of my mind...

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
jc

Didn't Joe Thomas (and I'm paraphrasing) say he didn't like the orange and white because he didn't want to look like a construction cone?

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
The only thing I heard Joe say was that he liked the all brown uniforms the best.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
The way I look at, our QBs have no excuse for not seeing our receivers since they are now wearing "hunter orange". thumbsup

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
B
All Pro
All Pro
B
The Browns name being phased out too.

Marketing department and JH flunkies already been doing exploratory polling regarding that...

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: berea

Marketing department and JH flunkies already been doing exploratory polling regarding that...

Your tin foil hat might need a new layer.

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack
Originally Posted By: berea

Your tin foil hat might need a new layer.

Or 10.

Anyway, there is now a poll up in the K-9 Forum as far as which jersey should be our main home jersey.

Rookie
Rookie
j/c

I like them... all of the combos look good!

Now just go out there and win already thumbsup

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.
- Isaac Asimov
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum New Uniforms Pt. 2

Link Copied to Clipboard