Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
P
Legend
Legend
P
I must admit I was worried. However, I think they hit a delicate balance just fine. They changed it enough to appeal to younger fans, without going over the top to offend the older, more tradition based fans.

I believe they did a great job and I'm very pleasantly surprised.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I am too. I actually find myself liking them even more the more I look at them.

I still don't like the brown jersey with white pants though. (which I would have had as one of my favorites going into this who change process)

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
New uniforms, but WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY 100 combinations? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY???????????????????????

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
New uniforms, but WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY 100 combinations? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY???????????????????????

Only 9 combinations.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack

Only 9 combinations.

9-100...What's the difference?
I can live with 2 or 3 combinations, but 9?????
That's just silly.
Are they so desperate, they need to sell 3 or 4 different jerseys?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack

Only 9 combinations.

9-100...What's the difference?

And the Browns have three, not four jerseys to sell.

Plus, most NFL teams have three jerseys to sell. If that makes the Browns desperate, then every other NFL team is just as desperate.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
D
Legend
Legend
D
JMO, but the orange-on-orange must NEVER be worn. I always liked the brown jerseys on white pants best, but I must say, I don't like the orange 3-D numbers on the brown jerseys. Other than that, I think the uni's are okay.

Legend
Legend
The only jerseys I'd like to see us wear:

white over white (1/2 of AWAY)
white over brown (1/2 of AWAY)
brown over orange (3/4 of HOME)
orange over brown (ALT HOME)

that's it

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
I like the Brown Jersey over the White Pants - looks the most traditional. I don't like any of the other combinations. Then again, all of them are better looking than the Steeler bumblebee uniforms wink

Last edited by sk8termom; 04/15/15 08:32 PM.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy
Originally Posted By: Spiritbro77
If they go 3-13 this year they will look awfully stupid for making such a big deal out of a uniform change.

"Complain if they did."

"Complain if they didn't."

At least you're consistent.

"Complain."

On the other hand.....
Praise if they win [they don't]

Praise if they lose [they do]

At least you are consistent.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
j/c

I like the jerseys for the most part. Disappointed with the helmet, could have done so much more with it. Metallic or fish scale would have been better. I think in the end, the browns just didn't want to alienate the "older" generations. Browns down the side of the pants is a nice twist, and I like the CLEVELAND across the front. The shoulder stripes at first struck me as awkward, but they are growing on me.

Not a big fan of the orange on orange. All other combinations look pretty solid.

S
Legend
Legend
S
I love that orange top/brown pants combo. I thought for the most part all the combinations look good. I'd like to see the jerseys in person, and how they look on the field too.

This change was needed badly. Yes, obviously the more important issue is fixing our QB situation and run defense, but I just love how some of these fans are having this take that you either care about jerseys or you care about winning. Apparently you can't handle both. Just unreal. I think some Browns fans just want to watch the world burn.

Legend
Legend
A few nice, clean shots (pics) of the new uniforms, then our old ones, just to compare them to. Now I'm thinkin' some of the new ones look better? I'm not certain. I think when they are all on the field wearing them it will be easier to tell?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdo...-000912750.html

D
Legend
Legend
D
After a few days of soaking it in, I think my favorite color combo is the brown jersey with orange pants.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
After a few days of soaking it in, I think my favorite color combo is the brown jersey with orange pants.

No doubt about it IMO ... and it isn't close

I don't want to ever see the brown on white, white on brown, orange on white, or white on orange

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm just glad the new uniforms aren't fugly. I like them, with the exception of the orange jerseys. I'm more into the traditional look, and I've always been proud that no one will buy a Browns jersey unless they're a Browns fan. Let the steelers, raiders, jaguars, and others have their jerseys bought for fashion.

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
B
Rookie
Rookie
B
Gotta say I love the new look! They would look even better with some W's to back'em up! Woof Woof

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I don't like "CLEVELAND" on the jerseys. It's not needed and it looks college. I do like the Browns on the sides though. Am I alone?

Legend
Legend
I don't like "CLEVELAND" on the jerseys. It's not needed and it looks college.

Actually, I went to look at a few other NFL jerseys, most have a name or alternate logo right under the collar and above the numbers. So, it's not really "college", unless you're saying that because its the city/state name.

The NFL jerseys I saw have the team name, not the city, and none are as big as ours, but go look at the Patriots, Broncos, Redskins, Titans, Rams, 49ers, Chargers, Eagles, Giants ("NY" logo), Cards, Falcons, Vikings, Dolphins, Texans, Lions, Cowboys, Bengals ("B" logo), and Ravens. Those all have their team name or alternate logo in the same location.

It's funny, Wilbon RIPPED the new jerseys a few days ago. He said it's so bush league to have your team name or city on the uniform as if the player forgot who they were playing for. Yet, most have it there. He just can't stand the Browns.

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
I love having Cleveland on the front of the jerseys. I think it's a great touch, and I love that we are the first NFL team to do so. (and watch, as other teams redo their uniforms, others will follow suit)

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I love the Cleveland and browns on the jersey/pants. I love the orange the best too.

We are already unique to have a helmet with no logo. May as well be unique to have the city on our chests Dawg Pound on their neck and Browns on their legs.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
L
Legend
Legend
L
These uniforms are awesome.. I like them all...Going to be an expensive offseason buying them all...lol. Only thing i wish is they went with like a Matte orange helmet with black masks

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
I'm just relieved that these new unis got decent treatment, and that our team won't look clownish when they take the field.

It's a nice updating that didn't go too far afield... I can easily live with them.

Hey, Punch- I could have predicted that Wilbon would hate them, just because they were something (anything) about CLE.... what did Kornheiser think?

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend
Tony didn't like them because he thought we were one of the few NFL teams that should never change. Something along the line of, "what they had were classics and shouldn't ever change." But he wasn't mean about it.

Wilbon unleashed. He went off about us being useless, the worst franchise in sports, no reason to ever be talked about, and how our new uniforms are the worst things EVER. Of course, he doesn't follow those same rules when he constantly talks about the Cubs. They can add a video scoreboard, not have enough bathrooms for the opener, sign $155m starters that can't throw to 1st base, and be terrible for over 100 years....but talk about them with respect, admiration, and insist every thing they do is trying to improve the team and fan experience. Just annoying. Oddly enough, Tony called him out the day after the jersey unveiling about him crushing us without mercy.

And I like Wilbon in general. He has traditionally supported all things Cleveland. I guess the recent Haslam+Textgate+Manziel+Handling of Hoyer+jerseys just pushed him over the edge. He'd probably fit right in with a few on this board.

He seems to get unraveled about a few topics and can't see how crazy he sounds. I know we're all like that (me with Pete Rose, the Steelers and AP).

[Linked Image]

C
Legend
Legend
C
I have decided I am not a fan of the "Browns" down the pant peg. The stripes we used to have were much better. Also, the old jersey sleeves we had were better as well.

While there are things I like about the new uniforms, I think we made a downgrade.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
And I like Wilbon in general.

I do too... until he starts talking about the Browns. And he's been consistent over the years-

[in my best Darth Vader voice]: "the hate is strong in this one."

"too many notes, not enough music-"
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
Quote:

I do too... until he starts talking about the Browns. And he's been consistent over the years-

PTI used to be one of my favorite shows. Wilbon is now literally a troll. There are certain subjects (analytics for example) that he is unwilling to entertain and will disparage every chance he gets. The show is unwatchable because of him.

Kornheiser is the best. He is what makes the show (and always has been). You can put literally anyone else out there with him and the show would be great.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
Quote:

PTI used to be one of my favorite shows. Wilbon is now literally a troll. There are certain subjects (analytics for example) that he is unwilling to entertain and will disparage every chance he gets. The show is unwatchable because of him.

Kornheiser is the best. He is what makes the show (and always has been). You can put literally anyone else out there with him and the show would be great.

I agree Wilbon always seems to have an axe to grind about something and is so obvious about his personal bias, ( and I don't mean just Cleveland), I have basically quit watching it.

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
I love having Cleveland on the front of the jerseys. I think it's a great touch, and I love that we are the first NFL team to do so. (and watch, as other teams redo their uniforms, others will follow suit)

You might be on to something Y.... brownie
Now, you are swaying my opinion... poke

D
All Pro
All Pro
D
JC

I refuse to buy new NFL apparel so this is good for me. Used stuff should hit the market on the cheap.

Time to upgrade my Courtney Brown Jersey. Or, as I've amended it with a little white paint: Browns 92.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: DonCoyote

Time to upgrade my Courtney Brown Jersey. Or, as I've amended it with a little white paint: Browns 92.

rofl

Yes, upgrade to Gerrard Warren! Brady Quinn!!! Haha.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: DonCoyote
JC

I refuse to buy new NFL apparel so this is good for me. Used stuff should hit the market on the cheap.

I have 10 Tim Couch jerseys if you are interested... brownie

V
Legend
Legend
V
I think that PT Barnum was right when he said there is "an ass for every seat."

Let's get excited about uni changes and TC location changes and let's ignore textgate, coaches wanting out, players wanting out, polls stating that Cleveland is one of the least desirable places to play, seven straight losing season, multiple first round draft busts, etc, etc......

..........and say...........hey, we got new uniforms and I'm gonna buy a game jersey.

Take a seat...........

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
People enjoy different things, yo. How does it matter how people show their fandom? Does it matter that every fan doesn't overanalyze the decisions like we do on here?

Let people enjoy it. Go make some lemonade with your lemons.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I think that PT Barnum was right when he said there is "an ass for every seat."

Let's get excited about uni changes and TC location changes and let's ignore textgate, coaches wanting out, players wanting out, polls stating that Cleveland is one of the least desirable places to play, seven straight losing season, multiple first round draft busts, etc, etc......

..........and say...........hey, we got new uniforms and I'm gonna buy a game jersey.

Take a seat...........

You forgot about us not drafting Teddy.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
j/c

does anyone know when you can order custom jerseys? I am going to get a new jersey with my own name and number on it tired of buying a new jersey every other season because the players either leave or bust.

#brownsgoodkarma
Legend
Legend
i think a thomas, haden, bitonio, or gipson are the only safe bets to purchase

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
The way I see it is if a player can retire a Brown (whether he left or not)and his retirement actually has some significance....His jersey is worth buying. Thomas and Haden are perfect examples. Or if say I had already had a Cribbs or Dawson Jersey. Cribbs because he actually still has records with this team and Dawson just because. Not saying to buy a Cribbs or Dawson Jersey but if I had one Id still sport it. Wouldnt be wearing a like a Trent Dilfer jersey or anything if you know what I mean, lol

W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
i think a thomas, haden, bitonio, or gipson are the only safe bets to purchase

Oh...... So, you're saying that I should NOT have ordered Manziel's in all three colors? laugh

#gmstrong.
D
All Pro
All Pro
D

I have 10 Tim Couch jerseys if you are interested... brownie

ahhh, yes. Those can be fixed too. Just cover up the first letter:

"Ouch" #2

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum New Uniforms Pt. 2

Link Copied to Clipboard