Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
A
All Pro
All Pro
A
I really like hearing this. Joe is a future hall of famer. I'm glad John is doing and not talking enough to get Joe to say this. Joe kind of called him out before, and I have a feeling he at the least wouldn't offer a comment if he thought John was still the same guy from last year.

I'm in the same camp as a lot of folks that Vers summed up so nicely. We need JM to be good. It sure would be nice. It's more fun hoping for the best anyway.......after all we are Browns fans.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Thanks for posting that Grimm. wish it had been longer but Joe holding no punches and speaking up for Johnny is a good thing. Their relationship is vital to the success of this team. It is fantastic hearing that Manziel is putting in the work and not squandering his opportunity to be the player we invested so much in.

C
Legend
Legend
C
It's going to be hilarious when we draft Mariota and trade Manziel to Dallas for a 7th round pick. The 10,000,000,000 words spent on Manziel will have meant nothing.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Vambo
Joe Thomas: Manziel 'night and day from last year'

By Marc Sessler
Around the NFL Writer
Published: April 28, 2015 at 05:14 p.m.
Updated: April 28, 2015 at 09:45 p.m.

Joe Thomas sees a transformation in quarterback Johnny Manziel.

In an exclusive interview with NFL Media's Andrea Kremer, Cleveland's Pro Bowl left tackle heaped praise on Johnny after saying earlier this month that the Browns passer "lost probably a lot of trust" among teammates with the way he handled himself as a rookie.

"The way he is now is night and day from last year," Thomas said Tuesday. "He has a bright future ahead of him."

Thomas quipped that Manziel, recently released from treatment, now spends his Saturdays studying the playbook and watching film instead of riding "a swan in a swimming pool drinking champagne," saying: "It's apparent he's realized how important football is to him. He's realized you can't get away with those things anymore."

Said Thomas: "As one of the leaders, it'll be my job to talk to him sometimes, (but) he's already impressed a lot of people here now in the last couple of weeks."

Pro Bowl cornerback Joe Haden told Kremer that Manziel has been a workhorse around the facility, staying later to study the new offense.

"He has the it-factor. He has what you can't teach," said Haden, adding: "Actions speak louder than words. He's putting forth those actions. That's all he can do."

Link thumbsup

I was just gonna post this story, too late! But it was great to hear.

Don't give up on Johnny just yet. Hot damn if he could get his playing together & stay clean & sober it would be a great success story.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It could happen, but I don't think it likely, and would not find the least bit of hilarity. Sadly, those words/pictures on the green/tan cloth/paper are worth something. With inflation, not what they used to be.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
C
Legend
Legend
C
I don't think it'd be funny that we wasted a pick. I think it'd be funny that we all spent the entire off-season talking about a player who was irrelevant to the future plans of our team (kind of like we did during the season with Hoyer).

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Vambo
Joe Thomas: Manziel 'night and day from last year'

By Marc Sessler
Around the NFL Writer
Published: April 28, 2015 at 05:14 p.m.
Updated: April 28, 2015 at 09:45 p.m.

Joe Thomas sees a transformation in quarterback Johnny Manziel.

In an exclusive interview with NFL Media's Andrea Kremer, Cleveland's Pro Bowl left tackle heaped praise on Johnny after saying earlier this month that the Browns passer "lost probably a lot of trust" among teammates with the way he handled himself as a rookie.

"The way he is now is night and day from last year," Thomas said Tuesday. "He has a bright future ahead of him."

Thomas quipped that Manziel, recently released from treatment, now spends his Saturdays studying the playbook and watching film instead of riding "a swan in a swimming pool drinking champagne," saying: "It's apparent he's realized how important football is to him. He's realized you can't get away with those things anymore."

Said Thomas: "As one of the leaders, it'll be my job to talk to him sometimes, (but) he's already impressed a lot of people here now in the last couple of weeks."

Pro Bowl cornerback Joe Haden told Kremer that Manziel has been a workhorse around the facility, staying later to study the new offense.

"He has the it-factor. He has what you can't teach," said Haden, adding: "Actions speak louder than words. He's putting forth those actions. That's all he can do."

Link thumbsup

lol, 2 days before the draft, which means we are trading manziel and going all in on Mariota.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

C
Legend
Legend
C
"Hey Joe, it'd be nice if you'd say something good about Johnny right before the draft", Ray Farmer said.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Anyone else I would buy that. JT strikes me as a man whose words mean something.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: GrimmBrown
Anyone else I would buy that. JT strikes me as a man whose words mean something.

I tend to agree with this. As he has gotten older, it seems that he has found his voice, and tends to call it as he sees it. I don't think that he would blow smoke after having been so critical of Manziel. He's not in danger of being cut and losing a big contract or anything.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: GrimmBrown

I was mostly joking.

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Johnny Manziel...the return...

Link Copied to Clipboard