Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: FreeAgent
Originally Posted By: Spiritbro77
So who sits? Greco or Bitonio? One of them is the odd man out. Or do we yet again sit a first round pick all season?

Mitchel Rollerskates Schwartz sits

Erving is NOT a better RT than Schwartz, not on paper and certainly not for 2015. The Browns just drafted their 6th OL in round 1. They certainly have that luxury tongue

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
You guys are over thinking this. You need more than 5 starters for an OL. When was the last year the 5 that started the year finished the year? How many years has an OL injury tanked the whole season? We have 2 starters who are FA's next year. You can say depth is a luxury and not what you draft in the 1st round but talent is talent and a highly versatile OL starter is very necessary for us.

Yes, we have other needs. Look on the bright side, Farmer knocked it out of the park from the 2nd round on last year. Maybe he does it again this year. I'm much much less worried about this year's draft after the 1st round than I was last year's 1st round.

Last edited by 10YrOvernightSuccess; 04/30/15 10:53 PM.

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
So who sits? Greco or Bitonio? One of them is the odd man out. Or do we yet again sit a first round pick all season?

I see. So this Guard will play Tackle? Cool. So since we are all set. I can expcet the playoffs. Or I can expect a new GM/HC team next year..... I wonder which one is more likely? lol

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
so...we are drafting for next year already?

new record.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
D
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
D
I don't mind the pick at all, you win in the trenches and the OL isn't going to stay healthy all year and if they do then your very lucky. He's not going to sit a year, he can play anywhere on the line so at the very least you go into training camp with a competition at RG and RT. If Mack leaves then you slide him over and he will be an all-pro center for years. He's not going to sit for a year, they want to build a team that is dominant in the trenches and that's what they are doing.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I see. So this Guard will play Tackle? Cool. So since we are all set. I can expcet the playoffs. Or I can expect a new GM/HC team next year..... I wonder which one is more likely? lol

He is able to play all 5 positions. Schwartz is terrible in pass protection and can't handle the bull rush.

[Linked Image from mypsn.eu.playstation.com]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I Cant see how anyone who has looked at Browns 1st round pics can even begin to be critical of this pick! Mack is going to want HUGE dollars next year and has all but said he is not coming back. The right side of the oline can use a upgrade and this kid is it!!!. It might not be sexy but when our backs are avg over 100 yards during the season, let me know your thoughts then!

Also, the literally fell apart when Mack went down. If we lose a center or guard, this kid can fill in!!.. Good pick!!

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Being able to play and being good at are not the same thing.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Bitonio may be the best guard in all of football. Joe thomas is the best LT, Mack has become one of the top centers. Now you add a RG that has great feet, power, and he is tenacious. i saw him block 3 guys on one pass play against FSU.

People didnt want Bitonio last year and he is a freaking stud. Some dont want Erving but this kid is capable of Great things. hell we may upgrade Schwatz in the next round!

Last edited by Mourgrym; 04/30/15 11:00 PM.
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Bitonio filled an obvious hole. Irving fills. . .

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Cameron Erving selected by Cleveland Browns, 19th overall in NFL Draft 2015

Mary Kay Cabot, Northeast Ohio Media Group By Mary Kay Cabot, Northeast Ohio Media Group
Follow on Twitter
on April 30, 2015 at 10:24 PM, updated April 30, 2015 at 10:31 PM

BEREA, Ohio - The Cleveland Browns took offensive lineman Cameron Erving from Florida State on Thursday night, 19th overall in the first round of NFL Draft 2015.

Erving, a Georgia native, is listed at 6-foot-6 and 308 pounds. Earlier in the night, the Browns selected Washington defensive lineman Danny Shelton 12th overall.

Here is his scouting report from The Associated Press:

Erving began his career at Florida State as a defensive tackle and was a huge force for a defense that allowed an average of 82.7 rushing yards his freshman season in 2011 for the nation's second-best mark. Despite that success, he moved to left tackle the following season and quickly developed into an elite offensive lineman by starting all 14 games there in 2012. The next season, his work on the blindside helped pave the way for Jameis Winston to win the Heisman Trophy as the Seminoles went 14-0 and captured the BCS championship.

That season began in strong fashion as Erving held Pittsburgh star defensive tackle Aaron Donald to two tackles in a 41-13 victory in the opener; Donald was named NFL defensive rookie of the year last season for the St. Louis Rams. Erving earned the Jacobs Blocking Trophy in each of his final two seasons as voted by ACC coaches. He was forced to move to center for his final five games as a senior and was part of a unit that helped Winston lead the conference with 3,907 passing yards and Dalvin Cook set a school freshman record with 1,008 rushing yards. Erving did nothing to hurt his stock at the NFL combine, finishing with 30 reps in the bench press to rank fifth among offensive linemen, a 112-inch broad jump to tie for fourth and a 7.48-second 3-cone drill that placed him third.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ss...art_maj-story-1

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

...a hole in 2016. Downgrade at that. Wasted pick

#gmstrong

Legend
Legend

He is able to play all 5 positions. Schwartz is terrible in pass protection and can't handle the bull rush.

We allowed 31 sacks all year long, with us losing Mack, and that was with Hoyer, Manziel, and Shaw at QB. It's not like teams got to our QBs at will.

Looks like a run on 2nd/3rd round Guards.

Didn't the Lions just get a Guard in their trade with the Broncos? Hmm .... the run on 2nd/3rd round Guards in the 1st began with us.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: DjangoBrown

...a hole in 2016. Downgrade at that. Wasted pick

It's not wasted because we will eventually get something out of him, but we definitely could have drafted a player who would have helped us more in 2015.

Legend
Legend
Not saying that they are perfect at predicting how players will turn out, but here is CBS' evaluation: (and we got only the 3rd 3 in the 1st round for this pick)

Cameron Erving | OT, Florida State C+
Height: 6-5 Weight: 313
I love the player, but where does he play? He was a left tackle and a center in college, but they have those two spots pretty much set in Cleveland. Why not a receiver?

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: DogNDC
I Cant see how anyone who has looked at Browns 1st round pics can even begin to be critical of this pick! Mack is going to want HUGE dollars next year and has all but said he is not coming back. The right side of the oline can use a upgrade and this kid is it!!!. It might not be sexy but when our backs are avg over 100 yards during the season, let me know your thoughts then!

Also, the literally fell apart when Mack went down. If we lose a center or guard, this kid can fill in!!.. Good pick!!

We just spent a first round pick on him. He's not a fill in. He's a day one starter or he's a bust. Someone on last years line will have to sit.

The reason I'm critical is not because OL isn't important. It's that we have SO many outright HOLES on this team. We had ZERO pass rush last year. We have nothing at TE. At WR we have no real scoring threat. OLB is a big time need.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I can guarantee West and Crow are happy lol

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Mourgrym

Speaking of...what's the upgrade on that? That'S the WORST 1-2 punch in the enrire NFL, and I LOVE Crowell.

Name me a worse 1-2 depth chart at RB in the NFL

#gmstrong

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C

Speaking of...what's the upgrade on that? That'S the WORST 1-2 punch in the enrire NFL, and I LOVE Crowell.

Ellington and whoever else the Cardinals have, whoever the Falcons are rolling out there, Oakland, Indy, there are several.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
We do need to look at RB at some point that is for sure and for certain. And West and Crowell may not be all that effective in our new scheme. Hell, we may throw a lot more and run a lot less. Who knows what our new OC sill run?

Legend
Legend

Cowboys come to mind immediately. Lions are another.

Just off the top of my head.

M
Legend
Legend
M
I would have made a different selection - but man we picked a couple of brutes. As someone else said somewhere - looks like Pettine has had a lot of input on what he wants to do with the team and Farmer is getting it for him in this draft draft.

I trust this was BPA according to the Browns board - and the right side of the line needs an upgrade. Plus the Mack angle. I don't see why people are throwing their toys out of the pram - lots of draft left.

The 2 mock's I checked had him going in the top 20. Maycock and Walter Football.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
post is to DJ
sorry bro but those comments are just plain silly and I am happy with this draft thus far. I think Crow and West will be stars in this league and I think Erving can add another 20 lbs and not skip a beat. As i said, A lot of folks hated the Bitonio selection last year and that one turned out pretty good. I think this one will as well.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
sorry bro but those comments are just plain silly and I am happy with this draft thus far. I think Crow and West will be stars in this league and I think Erving can add another 20 lbs and not skip a beat. As i said, A lot of folks hated the Bitonio selection last year and that one turned out pretty good. I think this one will as well.

I don't know what you are referring to, but Crowell and West will be stars? What gives you that indication?

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I'm happy that you like the pick. I've trusted your thoughts on OL ever since Marcus McNeil.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
D
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
D
The only player I would have liked at 19 was Bud Dupree but maybe Pettine is ok with the OLBs we have or they had Erving rated higher. There was no RB worth the 19 pick, you aren't going to double up on DT, secondary we are ok, maybe Angolar WR at 19 but maybe Erving was BPA on the Browns board. Look we don't have a QB so we are going to run the ball and play good defense so I get the philosophy... build the lines. How many years have we gone with a crappy OL/DL and everyone wanted them to invest in OL/DL and now we are and people are complaining. There is still a lot of draft to go and 8 more picks and we'll move around to fill more needs.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Thanks Bro

Usually have a pretty good eye for OL talent good and bad. defensively i miss often horrible judge on backers lol I think he is a bit to raw to play tackle right now but he can step in at RG and be a monster. I loved that FSU line and he was a key. I didnt think there was a lot of difference between the level of play between Scherrf and Erving.

Legend
Legend
post is to DJ

Django commits to a cause I'll give him credit. No matter how obviously agenda driven he is, he sticks with it. tongue

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I don't know what you are referring to, but Crowell and West will be stars? What gives you that indication?

Sorry that was for DJ tried to edit. I see 2 vicious runners with excellent hands behind what should be the Best OL in football and with an OC that wants to pound it out and throw it deep. I will say this these 2 backs will combine for 3000 yards this year running and catching.

D
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
D
God I hope you are right mourg!!! smile

Legend
Legend
Pats get brown which means he'll probably end up as a hofer

<><

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: candyman92
post is to DJ

Django commits to a cause I'll give him credit. No matter how obviously agenda driven he is, he sticks with it. tongue

Care to elaborate? I HATED LomBanner and felt relieved with Farmer. But he has proven to be an even bigger idiot. Probably 90% of this minions board would have done better in the 1st round than him last year...then textgate. He's a joke. Can't believe that anyone trusts this guy

#gmstrong

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

Sorry that was for DJ tried to edit. I see 2 vicious runners with excellent hands behind what should be the Best OL in football and with an OC that wants to pound it out and throw it deep. I will say this these 2 backs will combine for 3000 yards this year running and catching.

Good luck with that. Crowell, while very talented, is incredibly inconsistent and he can blow up off the field at any moment. West is nothing, he doesn't even count in my world. There are 50 West's looking for a job at RB.

Browns need a 3 down RB, they don't have one

#gmstrong

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Solid. He can play 4 of the 5 positions on the OL. I'm pretty happy with it. Now onto WR, S, OLB, TE, QB and a BPA or two.

Legend
Legend
It would be pretty risky but... if the Browns are 99% certain Mack is leaving, any chance they move him and that's what this pick is about? Trade Mack for a proven WR?

I'm not down on the pick. I'm not saying that just because they got the Bitonia pick so right means this one will work out equally as well.. but hey, it could happen.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: candyman92
post is to DJ

Care to elaborate? I HATED LomBanner and felt relieved with Farmer. But he has proven to be an even bigger idiot. Probably 90% of this minions board would have done better in the 1st round than him last year...then textgate. He's a joke. Can't believe that anyone trusts this guy

I'm confused....? I'm talking about you hating Farmer.......? superconfused

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
DC - I think it is because he's so versatile. He was an all american tackle, then moved to center this last year and solidified FSU's line. I can see him playing anywhere from LG to RT, and possibly even LT if needed (heaven forbid).

He's also insurance if Mack doesn't come back healthy or if he were to leave after this season. I don't think we brought him in to get rid of Mack though.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I'm not upset over the pick but I would much rather of had the WR that baltimore landed after us.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Is there anyone born after 1975 that likes this pick?

Seriously.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: TopDawg16
Is there anyone born after 1975 that likes this pick?

Seriously.

1963 here, and I hate the pick.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2015 NFL Season The NFL Draft 2015 Browns draft Cameron Erving with the 19th pick.

Link Copied to Clipboard