Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
mac #953089 05/01/15 09:03 AM
D
Legend
Legend
D
I can't tell you all the feelings I felt before and after knowing/not knowing that the Titans didn't agree to any trades and just scooped the player themselves.

So nervous with giving picks away to move up, or giving them away for broken knees and when Eisen said officially that the pick was in and of Tennessee selection, oh so happy!

I feel Chip now regrets his move involving Bradford, I would bet heavily Kelly had no intention of keeping him, but, now it appears he has no choice. Bradford, Sanchez and Tebow... nothing I would go into the season with tons of confidence with. Nothing at all and mark my words, all you Bradford pimps will be happy when you're tuning into Espn highlights and watch Sam tear his knee up again for the third and final time.

mac #953097 05/01/15 09:27 AM
F
Legend
Legend
F
Chip Kelly took control of that ship, and I think he was trying to outsmart everyone. He now has to drive that ship and if it sinks he will probably be gone soon.

I think he watched Draft Day too many times and thought it worked like that.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: FloridaFan
Chip Kelly took control of that ship, and I think he was trying to outsmart everyone. He now has to drive that ship and if it sinks he will probably be gone soon.

I think he watched Draft Day too many times and thought it worked like that.

If only the Titans' GM was eating pancakes ...

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
R
Legend
Legend
R
jc...

Does anyone ever wonder if we had had hired Kelly how him and Banner would have coexisted? Kelly appears to be the ultimate control freak and I'm smarter than everyone guy. Banner also had a huge ego and liked the control. At the time, I was bummed we didn't get Kelly, but I don't think it would have worked.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I like where we're at now. We'll see how it works out, but our staff seems the most cohesive that it has ever been.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
jc...

Does anyone ever wonder if we had had hired Kelly how him and Banner would have coexisted? Kelly appears to be the ultimate control freak and I'm smarter than everyone guy. Banner also had a huge ego and liked the control. At the time, I was bummed we didn't get Kelly, but I don't think it would have worked.

I'm thinking they'd either be best friends or we'd be reading a story in the Plain Dealer that there was a murder in Berea LOL

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
mac #953187 05/01/15 11:16 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
No Hoyer check
No Mariotta check
No Bradford check

Johnny's career being resurrected check lol

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Brown to the Bone
Another half hour and Sam Bradford WILL be a Cleveland Brown...... nanner nanner

I hope...........lol

What was that again?

naughtydevil

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
mac #953298 05/01/15 02:11 PM
All Pro
All Pro
Maybe the Titans will take a 4th round pick for Mettenberger tongue

After all, they only used a 6th rounder on him last year and just drafted his replacement.

People ask me what I do in spring when there's no football. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for fall
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Mourgrym
No Hoyer check
No Mariotta check
No Bradford check

mourg...sorry, but my confidence in Johnny is not that high and I base my opinion on his QB skills as well as his off the field issues.

I have a saying concerning QBs who rely their running skills at the NFL level...these college QBs who take their running game to the NFL, "they run until they can't run any longer".

...prime example, what happened Manziel last year when he ran?

...answer: the rest of his season was ended due to "injury"?

Manziel has a lot to learn.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
No Hoyer check
No Mariotta check
No Bradford check

It may make you feel good knowing we have no other option but it makes me think that 2-14 is coming down the pike. Will see but without any other option it concerns me that we have NO other choice but to play him, and based on his performance last season its not something I look forward too.

I know you were high on the guy, he is about to get his shot if he can't beat out McCown then I would cut him and be done with it.

Pitt when Bradford has the Eagles in the PO next year, and JF has us lined up for the 1st pick in the draft, lets talk about it OK? tsktsk

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Pitt when Bradford has the Eagles in the PO next year, and JF has us lined up for the 1st pick in the draft, lets talk about it OK? tsktsk

Unless Bradford gets hurt in training camp and manages to make it back before the season ends, I don't see that happening. Those who refuse to learn from history are bound to repeat their mistakes.

And BTW- I'd be happy to take the #1 pick in next years draft over a QB who can't seem to stay healthy for a season.

Last edited by PitDAWG; 05/01/15 03:21 PM. Reason: addirional comment.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
No Hoyer check
No Mariotta check
No Bradford check

It may make you feel good knowing we have no other option but it makes me think that 2-14 is coming down the pike. Will see but without any other option it concerns me that we have NO other choice but to play him, and based on his performance last season its not something I look forward too.

I know you were high on the guy, he is about to get his shot if he can't beat out McCown then I would cut him and be done with it.

Geez BTTB, I don't know anyone that feels happy about us having no other option.

Dude, it's really not you against the world.It's just that Bradford was and remains too big a risk at anything but a low cost.

Please note, nobody but Kelly went for it with Bradford and then there was talk (and that's ALL IT WAS) that Bradford was tradebait. With no apparent takers.

It seems that just about everyone knows that Bradford isn't worth it, everyone but you that is.. Hey, wait, maybe it IS you against the world LOL

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Quote:
Pitt when Bradford has the Eagles in the PO next year

Oh boy. LOL

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Pitt when Bradford has the Eagles in the PO next year...

Listening to Jim and Pat on Sirius, they postulated that as Hundley has a similar skillset to Mariota, it makes perfect sense that the Eagles and Browns could still do a deal. The Fat Lady ain't singing yet, bro'...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
D
All Pro
All Pro
D
Let Bradford prove his value in Philly. If his play/health warrant a contract, we'll be players in free agency. We have the money. Looks like we have the best OLine to offer, too.

And if we go 2-14 (I agree, its possible) then we'll be picking on top of the draft. Perhaps getting an elite playmaker to throw in the mix.

Let's face it, its already about 2016. I'm just hoping Manziel/McCown aren't so awful that Haslam comes out swinging his axe again!

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: DonCoyote
Let's face it, its already about 2016. I'm just hoping Manziel/McCown aren't so awful that Haslam comes out swinging his axe again!

This is the real key to everything this year. Our only hope for a decent record is Manziel, and those odds appear to be long. Haslam has to let cooler heads prevail and let Pettine and Farmer continue with their plan, even if we go 2-14.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32
Pitt when Bradford has the Eagles in the PO next year...

Listening to Jim and Pat on Sirius, they postulated that as Hundley has a similar skillset to Mariota, it makes perfect sense that the Eagles and Browns could still do a deal. The Fat Lady ain't singing yet, bro'...

no doubt in my mind he want to trade up but i think he really likes bradford. i also think that first we offerd was still there for bradford but he wants to be sure he has a QB this year. jmo

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

Unless Bradford gets hurt in training camp and manages to make it back before the season ends, I don't see that happening. Those who refuse to learn from history are bound to repeat their mistakes.

And BTW- I'd be happy to take the #1 pick in next years draft over a QB who can't seem to stay healthy for a season.

Yeah we will see.... saywhat

On a side note I'm surprised nobody had anything to say about Gurley and the Rams don't you find that pick odd? Fisher is a a nut job.... willynilly

I wonder why anyone would blow a pick on damaged goods right?

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
mac #953405 05/01/15 05:26 PM
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Not for nothin.... but the play when Manziel got hurt was a designed run. Not sure what he was supposed to learn from that... when the coach calls a QB sweep, change the play?

yebat' Putin
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Quote:

Not for nothin.... but the play when Manziel got hurt was a designed run. Not sure what he was supposed to learn from that... when the coach calls a QB sweep, change the play?

Not for nothin.... but the play when Manziel got hurt was a pass play and no one touched him.

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
P
Legend
Legend
P
I doubt if Gurley had torn the same ACL twice in two years and only played half of his college games, we'd be having that part of this discussion.

Well, it's really not even worth discussing.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Originally Posted By: DonCoyote

This is the real key to everything this year. Our only hope for a decent record is Manziel, and those odds appear to be long. Haslam has to let cooler heads prevail and let Pettine and Farmer continue with their plan, even if we go 2-14.

I agree as long as Farmer refrains from play calling and coaches meetings...

It was weird watching Pet and Farmer together. Pet seems so relaxed and in control while Farmer looks like yeah sure and that he will jump out of his chair at any second. I like passion as long as its well directed I think Farmer just might make it. But while I have no way to know I think there has been a power shift in Berea in favor of Pet and I don't think Farmer loves it..

Oh and I think Flip will end up being a casualty come the end of this season.... And it won't be fair...I don't think....

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

John himself said he was hurt a play or 2 earlier.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I doubt if Gurley had torn the same ACL twice in two years and only played half of his college games, we'd be having that part of this discussion.

Well, it's really not even worth discussing.

Really the coach that threw in the towel on his QB after he tore he ACL for the 2nd straight time drafts a RB that is coming off ACL surgery and you don't think its worth talking about... Otta as Tab says............ willynilly

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Legend
Legend
I'm not even close to giving up on 2015 yet..

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
mac #953440 05/01/15 06:12 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Brown to the Bone, if you haven't iggied me and read this, I am sure Bradford is still in play. As another poster said, "The Fat Lady hasn't sung yet."
If we can get Bradford on the cheap now, I'm all for it. Go slow with him this year and franchise his a$$ next year. JMHO.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: GrimmBrown
I like where we're at now. We'll see how it works out, but our staff seems the most cohesive that it has ever been.

Why?

Text Gate?

Sitting in on coaches meetings?

Running off our best coach?

Gilbert?

Manziel?

The media circus?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Originally Posted By: GrimmBrown

Why?

Text Gate?

Sitting in on coaches meetings?

Running off our best coach?

Gilbert?

Manziel?

The media circus?

I like where we're at now. Not where we were at last year.

We seem more in sync.

Manziel and Gilbert both seem to be in better places.

We disagree on our best coach last year, that is what it is. I see it as addition by subtraction, you clearly don't. That's okay.

There isn't the media circus this year around us specifically. It's the NFL, there is media everywhere.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
Brown to the Bone, if you haven't iggied me and read this, I am sure Bradford is still in play. As another poster said, "The Fat Lady hasn't sung yet."
If we can get Bradford on the cheap now, I'm all for it. Go slow with him this year and franchise his a$$ next year. JMHO.

Actually, the quote was "The Fat Lady ain't singing yet..." rofl

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
mac #953548 05/01/15 07:51 PM
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Tebow will be start for the Eagles before the season is over wink smile

#TEBOWTIME!

M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Quote:

DC..the point is..Manziel is not fast enough "in the NFL", to be used as a running QB, whether it's a designed play or a scramble. He would be putting himself at risk if he attempts to run like he did at the college.

That saying.. "they run until they can't run any longer"..there is a little more to it..

..."then they have to learn to pass from the POCKET", if they are going to have a successful NFL career.

Manziel has a lot to learn...like standing in the pocket and going through his progressions and delivering an accurate pass, without getting happy feet !

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
mac #954844 05/02/15 11:07 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Johnny should never be in a designed run. He is great when he improvises if the play breaks down but designed runs he looked retarded.

Legend
Legend
Johnny should never be in a designed run. He is great when he improvises if the play breaks down but designed runs he looked retarded.

I agree with that.

The way I look at Manziel right now is this:

He should be able to run our offense, or he should not be on the field. Now I am not saying that we should shut down his improvisational skills, because that is part of who he is, but we should give him the support of a strongly structured offense, rather than allowing him to play helter skelter.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
L
Legend
Legend
L
I think the biggest issue with JFF last year is instead of just plugging him into the same offense they ran all year, they tried to change it in a week for him...so noone was on the same page. I think he would have had more success just running the offense hoyer was running.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
I think the biggest issue with JFF last year is instead of just plugging him into the same offense they ran all year, they tried to change it in a week for him...so noone was on the same page. I think he would have had more success just running the offense hoyer was running.

I agree with this 100%. Great point.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:
It seems that just about everyone knows that Bradford isn't worth it, everyone but you that is.. Hey, wait, maybe it IS you against the world LOL

Just so you know dude I have never been scared to be the loan wolf. I was the lone wolf on Richardson a few years back, turns out I was right and the vast majority were not just wrong but dead wrong. I was all over Pig Face as well, turns out I was right in fact dead right.

And here is another kicker for you (Tab can verify and Vers too) I said we should dump the bum (Richardson), and a week later he was gone, and if you thought people were crying before they dumped him you should have heard them after they dumped him. Who was right me or the crowd. I like posters that have an original thought, aping someone else is of little to no value.

I maintain that Bradford would have gotten us to the PO. As I see it (again being the lone wolf) this team will be lucky if they win 2 games...

Let me give you a little more info.

1st ACL surgery 90% chance of full recovery. 2nd ACL surgery 75% chance of full recovery. With Bradford 75% chance we make the PO without Bradford less then 1% chance we make the PO's with what we got.

Will see in a few months how this all sorts itself out and I could be wrong but I like my odds, and to think all so we don't spend a 1st for a chance to win, seems stupid to me that anyone would pass up the CHANCE to win in favor of losing, I guess now I understand why you and others are so happy. I want to win and I'm willing to take a chance to do just that. I don't expect others to understand that becuase they are already in their happy place.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

T
All Pro
All Pro
T
Johnny's quickness is more about buying time to throw downfield. We do't want him doing designed runs. He probably plays faster than that combine 40 time, but what really sets him apart is being quick in a small area.
I guess I kept hoping some other option would develop at QB, but it looks like we are going in with Josh and Johnny, or Johnny and Josh. And really, why not? If Johnny is sober and rededicated, he might just be the guy we hoped he could be.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Nice chest thumping and all, but I notice you didn't seem to point to any of the scenarios where you were wrong. Or are you saying you never have been?

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Will see in a few months how this all sorts itself out and I could be wrong but I like my odds, and to think all so we don't spend a 1st for a chance to win, seems stupid to me that anyone would pass up the CHANCE to win in favor of losing,

The Rams are STUPID because they traded him and gave up a chance to WIN, is that what you are saying?

Why would they do that are all teams in need of a QB STUPID for not signing Bradford and have a 75% chance of making the PO and without Bradford less then 1% chance they make the PO's with what they got or is it just the Browns? saywhat

Why did no one else trade for him? tsktsk

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Bradford..continued

Link Copied to Clipboard