Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
QB - Connor Halliday, Blake Sims, Bryan Bennett
RB - Michael Dyer
WR - George Farmer
TE - Wes Saxton
OL - La'el Collins (if cleared of murder)
DL - Ellis McCarthy
LB - Zack Hodges, A.J. Tarpley
CB - Garry Peters, Kevin White, Troy Hill
S - Tevin McDonald
K - All of them

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
The Seahawks already signed the green beret, that was fast.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I hope we have established a connection with Collins, in case he is cleared.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Go get:

WR Goodley
CB Gunter
ILB Taiwan Jones
OG Matias
QB Bridge
FB Varga
WR Devante Davis
DL B.Richardson
a couple of kickers

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Can you clarify the title to UFA's you want? So we don't get it confused with guys we've signed?

Guys I like:

QB: Austin Dodge, SOU

HB: John Crockett, NDSU

FB: Jeff Luc (conversion from ILB, special teams value, possible spot thumper)

WR: DeAndre Carter, Sacramento St.
R.J. Harris, New Hampshire
Rasheed Bailey, Delaware Valley
Gavin Lutman. Pitt St.

TE: Brian Parker, UAlbany

NT: Terry Williams, ECU

ILB: Curtis Grant, Ohio St.

RT: Darryl Baldwin, Ohio St.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain

I would think that he would prefer a team where he has a good chance of coming in and starting right away. I don't know how UDFA contracts work, but maybe a team could work out a "per start" bonus that would pay him a little more than his UDFA contract?

Regardless, I doubt that he wants to come in and see Thomas, Schwartz, a fresh 1st rounder in Erving, and a highly though of guy who was injured last year in Bowie.

He should look for a team where he could start right away, and sign a 1 year deal or something.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: GrimmBrown
Can you clarify the title to UFA's you want? So we don't get it confused with guys we've signed?

No.

B
All Pro
All Pro
B
Question for anyone who can answer,

Is there a cap on how much these undrafted free agents can be signed for?

Let's say Collins is cleared of any wrong doing. He would obviously be the most sought after undrafted. Could he just go to the highest bidder, essentially making what he would have if he was a first rounder?

[color:"white"]I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane -Waylon Jennings
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Best site or twitter to track these signings?

#gmstrong

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: bringbackbernie
Question for anyone who can answer,

Let's say Collins is cleared of any wrong doing. He would obviously be the most sought after undrafted. Could he just go to the highest bidder, essentially making what he would have if he was a first rounder?

He would have to fit into the draft pool, I believe.

However, other teams can offer him something we cannot, and that is a clear path to a starting job.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

I would think that he would prefer a team where he has a good chance of coming in and starting right away. I don't know how UDFA contracts work, but maybe a team could work out a "per start" bonus that would pay him a little more than his UDFA contract?

Regardless, I doubt that he wants to come in and see Thomas, Schwartz, a fresh 1st rounder in Erving, and a highly though of guy who was injured last year in Bowie.

He should look for a team where he could start right away, and sign a 1 year deal or something.
I can see that, but it doesn't absolutely exclude us. It doesn't hurt to have the connection.

1. #GMstrong
4. ClemenZa #1
Legend
Legend
As far as I know, all teams will be limited as to what they can pay him, but I am not sure if they can "bend the rules" with a bonus based upon games started. If they can, then he would be wise to go to a team where he can start right away, and, unfortunately, that's not us. Frankly, he would be wise to do so anyway.

Legend
Legend
2015 NFL Draft: Best available undrafted free agents - CBSSports.com
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-d...ted-free-agents

Although several players didn't hear their names called in the 2015 NFL Draft, that doesn't mean their NFL dream is over as hundreds of players will sign undrafted contracts. With 256 players drafted, here is a look at this year's top undrafted free agents:

1. La'el Collins, OT, LSU (6-5, 305, 5.12)
A wrecking ball in the run game, Collins isn't always the most controlled, but he sells out to eliminate bodies in his path that are wearing the other color jersey. He needs to show better bend and consistency in pass protection, too often falling off balance with limited range in his kickslide, but there is no question about his 100 percent effort and mean streak. Collins is a first-round talent, but because of his connection with an off-field incident, he is now a free agent and cannot enter the 2016 NFL Draft.

2. B.J. Finney, OC, Kansas State (6-4, 318, 5.25)
Finney almost gave up football when his father (and football coach) passed away from a heart attack in 2004, but he decided to dedicate his play to his dad, which might explain the strong-willed, non-stop effort on every snap. As a former walk-on, he has the toughness, competitive appetite and strong intangibles both on and off the field that NFL coaches covet. Finney has quick feet and gets every ounce of power out of his body, rarely making mistakes, but he also doesn't have a lot of physical traits to get excited about. Nonetheless, he has surpassed expectations at every level he's played and that likely won't stop once he gets to the NFL.

3. Dres Anderson, WR, Utah (6-1, 187)
A prospect that ranks top-five in Utes history in receiving yards (2,077), Anderson is looking to follow in the steps of Flipper Anderson, his father who played 10 years (1988-97) in the NFL. He grew up in a football environment and has a strong understanding of the dedication and work ethic needed to thrive at the next level, but his knee injury kept him from working out prior to the draft and needs medical clearance. Anderson has excellent timed and play speed to stretch the field, showing little hesitation with his acceleration, making him dangerous to defend after the catch, although his unpolished routes and focus could limit his role at the next level.

4. Mike Hull, OT, Penn State (6-0, 237, 4.64)
The next product of “Linebacker U,” Hull emerged as the MVP of the Penn State defense the past two seasons, playing inside and outside. He has excellent diagnose skills to break down the action and attack in the blink of an eye – the type of player that the ballcarrier seems to find every snap. Hull doesn't play with the ideal size/speed/strength traits that NFL teams seek, but he has the football smarts and instinctive talent to stick and start in the league, fitting best as a weakside or middle linebacker and special teams ace.

5. Cody Prewitt, FS, Mississippi (6-2, 208, 4.46)
Prewitt put his name on the national radar after a stand-out junior campaign, becoming the first All-American safety at Ole Miss since 1973 (Harry Harrison). He arrived in Oxford with little experience at the safety position, but made the quick transition and took advantage of the center-field role, using his vantage point to break down the action, dissect route concepts and anticipate where the ball is going to get a jump. Prewitt has a strong SEC résumé with an all-around skill-set to play single-high, but his inconsistent backfield vision and shed technique could keep him from lining up near the line of scrimmage.

6. Alani Fua, OLB, BYU (6-5, 238, 4.58)
A prospect of Tongan descent, Fua lined up mostly at strongside linebacker the last two seasons for BYU and did everything on defense from rushing the passer to lining up and covering slot targets. He sucks up tight ends with the size, speed and agility that cannot be coached, using his range to be an excellent pursuit player. Athleticism and talent aren't problems for Fua, but he does need to add technique and discipline to his play style. He needs to get stronger and add bulk, but there are questions about how much muscle mass he can add to his frame. Fua's best fit at the next level will depend on scheme, but he has the versatility to stand out on special teams while he develops into a specific role on defense.

7. Reese Dismukes, OC, Auburn (6-3, 296, 5.31)
The most decorated offensive lineman in Auburn history, Dismukes earned multiple All-SEC and All-American honors as a four-year starter and was awarded the Rimington Trophy in 2014 as the top center in college football. He isn't physically imposing, but uses snap quickness to win with positioning and a pit bull mentality and also stands out above the neck – rarely fooled with his smarts and sharp-minded play. Dismukes loves football and would probably play for minimum wage, displaying terrific toughness, both physically and mentally, to battle through injuries. His lack of physical tools, including size and strength, might keep him from starting long-term in the NFL, but his football character and hustle will earn him the chance.

8. Kevin White, CB, TCU (5-9, 183, 4.63)
Although often overlooked playing opposite Jason Verrett in TCU's secondary, White put together a strong senior season on tape, including a consistent performance against West Virginia's Kevin White. He is pint-sized for the position and his lack of length shows up quite a bit in coverage, but he has the athletic process to plant, gather and go. Although his size limitations also hinder his ability as a run defender, White's cup is overfilling with confidence and toughness to hold his own as a nickel corner. He will guess wrong at times, but his short-area quickness and sticky cover skills transition well to the NFL level.

9. Kurtis Drummond, FS, Michigan State (6-1, 208, 4.65)
A well-rounded player, Drummond possesses the anticipation and pursuit downhill to close in the ground game while also showing the coordinated body control and ballskills in coverage to make plays in pass defense. But he needs to keep the play in front of him, struggling to consistently turn his back to the ball and maintain his effectiveness. Drummond has traits that project him as a starting quality free safety at the next level, but his instinctive and recovery limitations likely make him a player better suited as a back-up and first safety off the bench.

10. Durell Eskridge, FS, Syracuse (6-3, 208, 4.63)
Best friends with Atlanta Falcons 2014 fourth round running back Devonta Freeman, Eskridge had a tough upbringing and left school early to help his family. He emerged as a promising young player as a sophomore, leading the team in tackles and interceptions, but his junior season was underwhelming with little improvement on the field. Eskridge shows hot/cold breakdown skills in space against the run and although he flashes anticipation vs. the pass, it's not there consistently. There isn't much about his game to get excited about, but he might be able to carve out a NFL career on special teams while his instincts continue to develop.

Others to watch: Josue Matias, OG, Florida State; Titus Davis, WR, Central Michigan; Lynden Trail, DE, Norfolk State; Taiwan Jones, ILB, Michigan State; Jacoby Glenn, CB, UCF

2nd String
2nd String
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
As far as I know, all teams will be limited as to what they can pay him, but I am not sure if they can "bend the rules" with a bonus based upon games started. If they can, then he would be wise to go to a team where he can start right away, and, unfortunately, that's not us. Frankly, he would be wise to do so anyway.

They still have to fit under the draft cap guidelines...

Also, no performance or accolade bonuses like Pro Bowl..

The only way to "entice" a UDFA is through signing bonus, although it is EXTREMELY limited as well. For instance, last year each team had just over $80,000 (I put all the zeros to make sure you realized that was Eighty Thousand, I didn't leave off any zeros)...and yes I said per team, not per signing...

So, you can blow the whole wad of just north of $80k to entice Collins, but somehow, I don't think that will do the trick. I think he might eventually realize a year of eligibility towards his first free agent contract is worth more than entering the 2016 draft...Then let the lottery begin for who gets him.

(edit:) I forgot also...all UDFA contracts are for 3 years...very limited in what they can make..

Last edited by IrishDawg42; 05/02/15 07:16 PM.
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I believe both Titus Davis and Ricky Collins didn't get drafted?

If so, both should be quickly scooped up by teams, hopefully the Browns get Collins.

you had a good run Hank.
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H

I would try for Collins.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: DjangoBrown
Best site or twitter to track these signings?

NFL.com

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Legend
Legend
if Collins would clear legal matters ... it would be awesome to sign him

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
2nd String
2nd String
First player I would be going after is Deontay Greenberry..So raw, but that size is enticing if he is coachable..

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Never heard of any of them except Collins. This thread serves no purpose.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Cleveland Browns
Travis Lee CB Miles College

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2015-nfl-undrafted-free-agents

A lot of signings already. Nobody seems to want to sign with the Browns tongue

#gmstrong

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'd say it serves as much purpose as anything on this board. Had you ever heard of Kirksey last year? or K'Waun Williams? Or Gipson the year we picked him up?

Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
Wow, then he was stupid to tell teams not to draft him ..... because since he went undrafted he cannot go back into the draft .... but if a team had taken him in the 7th, he could have.

Kinda crazy.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Yea, I've heard of them and all of our opponents aren't staying up late at night worrying about them either.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
Never heard of any of them except Collins. This thread serves no purpose.

Then don't come in here.

2nd String
2nd String
Along with Travis Lee, the Browns have also signed RB Mark Weisman Iowa

P
Legend
Legend
P
Browns UFA Signings as reported on Bleacher Report:

David Kruger DT Utah
Jamaine Cook RB Youngstown State
Travis Tannehill TE Kansas State
Aaron Adams OL Eastern Kentucky
Perez Ashford WR Northern Illinois
Josh Aubrey CB Stephen F. Austin
Braxton Cave C Notre Dame
Dominique Croom WR Central Arkansas

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: IrishDawg42

Who is listed as a FB by cbs, btw

#gmstrong

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Umm, those were last year's UDFA...or even two years ago? This was the LomBanner group, easily the worst UDFA crop ever, btw

Last edited by DjangoBrown; 05/02/15 07:50 PM.

#gmstrong

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
Browns UFA Signings as reported on Bleacher Report:

David Kruger DT Utah
Jamaine Cook RB Youngstown State
Travis Tannehill TE Kansas State
Aaron Adams OL Eastern Kentucky
Perez Ashford WR Northern Illinois
Josh Aubrey CB Stephen F. Austin
Braxton Cave C Notre Dame
Dominique Croom WR Central Arkansas

I think that was last year.

2nd String
2nd String

Yes, he has the size at 6' 240lbs, but he led the Hawkeyes in rushing the past three years, so he isn't a typical FB, he can run...goal line back!!

P
Legend
Legend
P
whoops wasn't paying attention just copied and pasted ... superconfused

Last edited by PastorMarc; 05/02/15 07:56 PM.

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
2nd String
2nd String
V.J. Fehoko, ILB, Texas Tech

Connor Halliday, QB, Washington State

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
A lot of signings already. Nobody seems to want to sign with the Browns

I know you are joking, but other people will complain.

We drafted 12 players, that will lead to less undrafted free agents signing with us.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: bringbackbernie

Link

Quote:
The biggest signing bonus received by a 2014 undrafted free agent was $20,000.

Link

D
Legend
Legend
D

TE Malcolm Johnson, the Browns' 6B pick today, was listed as a FB by CBS Sports too.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Supposedly picked up Kyle Prater WR, Northwestern who was previously at USC. He's intriguing to me. 6'5" 230, former five star recruit who had some injuries.

Fiercely Independent.
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
I want that ricky collins kid

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
Legend
Legend
Glad we are bringing Marvin Kloss in for a tryout. Best kicker I saw that was draft-eligible. I know literally zero of the other prospects we're bringing in.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
per Rant Sports

Cleveland Browns

V.J. Fehoko, ILB, Texas Tech
Connor Halliday, QB, Washington State
Travis Lee, CB, Miles College
Kyle Prater, WR, Northwestern
De’Ante Saunders, CB, Tennessee State

Gives the Browns 3 players from Washington State

Last edited by W84NxtYrAgain; 05/02/15 09:22 PM.

1. #GMstrong
4. ClemenZa #1
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2015 NFL Season The NFL Draft 2015 Undrafted Free Agents

Link Copied to Clipboard