Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 19 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 18 19
Swish #967691 06/15/15 09:24 AM
R
Legend
Legend
R
Terrible feeling but I'm still holding out hope. Just force a game 7 and see what happens.

Really concerned with the psyche of the team now though. Their body language looks terrible.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Why does lebron ever settle for a contested, fading jumper? It seems like he can just back anyone down and get a layup

Because he gets hacked on at least half of those layups and never gets the call.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Well hey guys...

Just keeping it real, if you don't want a "negative Nancy" opinion then I would not continue reading...

We just don't have the personnel needed to beat an elite team. Our guys are gassing out quickly.

We ought to be damn proud of our Cavs making it the distance and especially factoring being out a starting center and then two All-Stars. But, it is what it is, we cannot beat Golden State.

Like I said, I'm still so very proud of our Cavs. Healthy with Irving and Love, I feel with the utmost confidence we'd be able to get the job done.

DCDAWGFAN #967694 06/15/15 09:36 AM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
I wish I had a dollar for every time the announcers said last night that the officials missed a call that should have gone the Cavs way, I'd have filet mignon for lunch today. I think the announcers have done a pretty good job of pointing out that the Cavs aren't getting any calls, LeBron takes more contact than anybody in the NBA when he goes to the basket and gets very few calls... and when Dramond Green does get called for a foul, he acts like somebody assaulted his kids. In his mind, that dude hasn't committed a single foul yet in this series.

With that said, what bit the Cavs last night is what has bitten them in several games in this series, they don't finish games well. They should have won games 1 and 2 in regulation but both went to OT and they won 1 of them...

Well, just like you said before, they are mentally and physically exhausted by the 4th quarter. The Warriors keep trying to push the pace and we're running a 7.5 man rotation. Plus all the previous wear and tear on these guys. You can see it in their shots that they have no legs left.

Then you've even got Jeff Van Gundy saying "You can't say Lebron gets every call now" ... The only thing the guys have going at this point is heart, and the refs seem to be plunging a knife into that as well. It's pretty hard to keep pushing when you drive through the lane and get hit three or four times with no call, they get the rebound drive down, miss a shot, get the rebound by climbing over your back and then get a touch foul on the next shot. In the 4th quarter, it just seemed like they stopped trying because they knew they were going to get hosed on the call and their legs didn't want to bother expending the energy.

EveDawg #967696 06/15/15 09:56 AM
Legend
Legend
Not enough lipstick for what is left of this pig. We looked clueless at times.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Bard Dawg #967697 06/15/15 10:00 AM
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
We looked clueless at times.

Especially TT on defense. Clueless and then some...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Some one not named James has to get the ball and shoot in the fourth !

Swish #967705 06/15/15 10:41 AM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish
let's hope we can push a game 7 on tuesday. i'd really hate for our season to end on our home court.

I agree, extend the season, force the game 7.. in one game, anything can happen.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
There's no excuse to let Harrison Barnes dominate like he did last night. TT is not a max player. If he wants the max, let him walk and try to draft Montrez Harrell who's basically the same damn guy except with a jumpy shot. TT needs to react quicker when he gets the ball inside. His reaction time is really bad.

DCDAWGFAN #967738 06/15/15 12:30 PM
W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
Originally Posted By: Swish
let's hope we can push a game 7 on tuesday. i'd really hate for our season to end on our home court.

I agree, extend the season, force the game 7.. in one game, anything can happen.

I'm down with this as well, DC. I know I was pretty negative last night, but the refs just have not given the Cavs any breaks. Granted, we had some bad fouls and a few breakdowns defensively, but some of the no calls were bad...

#gmstrong.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
After last nights game I got to thinking.

It's kind of amazing that Cleveland has won two games thus far in the series when you consider how much faster and deeper the Warriors are.

Outside of LeBron, Kyrie and Love, I'm not sure that anyone Cleveland has even makes that Warriors team. Mozgov and J.R. Smith MAYBE as off the bench guys, but that would be it.

I think the Cavs are capable of winning game six at home tomorrow night, but man I don't like their chances at winning the last two and bringing home the championship.

Tristian makes that team. Forgot him.

Last edited by MrKelso; 06/15/15 12:47 PM. Reason: Remembered.

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave"
MrKelso #967755 06/15/15 12:57 PM
C
Legend
Legend
C
Mozgov > Thompson

MrKelso #967764 06/15/15 01:12 PM
Legend
Legend
Quote:
It's kind of amazing that Cleveland has won two games thus far in the series when you consider how much faster and deeper the Warriors are.

Saw on twitter, imagine if the situation was reversed, Cavs completely healthy, Warriors without Thompson and Green... would Curry be dragging them into a game 6?

I think what LeBron is doing is pretty much unprecedented. I get that a lot of people don't like him.... but if you can't appreciate what he's doing during this playoff run, you are just a blind hater. Can somebody show me a finals where any of the superstars, MJ, Magic, Bird, Kobe, anybody... lost their 2 best running mates going into the finals? I mean c'mon.. they lost 38 points, 13 rebounds, and about 8 assists per game when Love and Irving went out... yet they have a legit chance to force a game 7... who else has ever done that?

yebat' Putin
DCDAWGFAN #967766 06/15/15 01:27 PM
Legend
Legend
I wish I had a dollar for every time the announcers said last night that the officials missed a call that should have gone the Cavs way, I'd have filet mignon for lunch today. I think the announcers have done a pretty good job of pointing out that the Cavs aren't getting any calls, LeBron takes more contact than anybody in the NBA when he goes to the basket and gets very few calls... and when Dramond Green does get called for a foul, he acts like somebody assaulted his kids. In his mind, that dude hasn't committed a single foul yet in this series.

With that said, what bit the Cavs last night is what has bitten them in several games in this series, they don't finish games well. They should have won games 1 and 2 in regulation but both went to OT and they won 1 of them...

I think that they fail to finish games well because their depth is decimated. Blatt is forced to play his role players more in starters minutes, and then his starters are forced into more minutes. That wears on the starters. GS has no such problem, because their established backups are playing the roles they are supposed to play.

I wonder how GS would have done if they were missing say, maybe, Bogut, Thompson, and Iguodala? I bet that they would not have even made the finals.

They have been remarkably lucky ... both because of their remarkable health, and the fact that the Cavaliers are so injury riddled. We are not only missing Andy, Kyrie, and Kevin, we also have Shumpert playing with 1 1/2 arms.

The Cavaliers have done an incredible job so far ... but GS is so talented, and so healthy, that it will be extremely difficult for the Cavaliers, in their current state, to beat them in 2 games straight.

If they do, though, it will be one of the all time greatest accomplishments in sports history.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Well everyone, prepare for the montage of playoff futility that the network a-holes will inevitably play for us if we're on our way to a Game 6 loss. thumbsdown

ExclDawg #967778 06/15/15 02:08 PM
W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg
Well everyone, prepare for the montage of playoff futility that the network a-holes will inevitably play for us if we're on our way to a Game 6 loss. thumbsdown

I don't think anything any of those guys can say will lessen my feelings towards this team in particular. I'm proud of them, win or lose with the grit and heart they have played with.

I would like to see us win game 6 just so people have to talk about if GS has enough guts to pull it out.

Anything can happen in a game 7 and I wouldn't be surprised if we came out loose and ready to play and they came out tight hoping not to choke on the big stage.

At any rate..... GO CAVS!!!! fingerscrossed

#gmstrong.
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: candyman92
There's no excuse to let Harrison Barnes dominate like he did last night. TT is not a max player. If he wants the max, let him walk and try to draft Montrez Harrell who's basically the same damn guy except with a jumpy shot. TT needs to react quicker when he gets the ball inside. His reaction time is really bad.

I think GS has more or less neutralized TT's rebounding as well. He's getting numbers, but they aren't as impactful, timely, or demoralizing to the other team. And with zero offensive game, I think he hurt his value somewhat with this series.

And agree on Harrison. If Harrison is getting multiple offensive rebound put backs in a game, chances are you're not going to win.

I fear the team is already defeated mentally. I could kind of see it on LeBron's face last night. If that's the case, GS will win on the Cavs home floor. Would like to see LeBron be more of leader with his body language even if he has to fake it. He looked down to me last night. The rest of the team will feed off of that, and that's not good.

Rishuz #967791 06/15/15 02:29 PM
C
Legend
Legend
C
I think LeBron is just tired more than anything. Dude has been in the last five finals and none have been as taxing as this one. I think he's gassed.

DCDAWGFAN #967792 06/15/15 02:31 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Saw on twitter, imagine if the situation was reversed, Cavs completely healthy, Warriors without Thompson and Green... would Curry be dragging them into a game 6?

I think what LeBron is doing is pretty much unprecedented. I get that a lot of people don't like him.... but if you can't appreciate what he's doing during this playoff run, you are just a blind hater. Can somebody show me a finals where any of the superstars, MJ, Magic, Bird, Kobe, anybody... lost their 2 best running mates going into the finals? I mean c'mon.. they lost 38 points, 13 rebounds, and about 8 assists per game when Love and Irving went out... yet they have a legit chance to force a game 7... who else has ever done that?

Never meant to sound like I was discrediting LeBron.

He's the biggest reason we've even won two games! He's the kind of leader that makes the players around him better, and that's REALLY rare in today's NBA Superstars.

Of course we have a chance to force a game seven, but with the way the Warriors are playing right now, it's just going to be extremely difficult.

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave"
MrKelso #967821 06/15/15 03:20 PM
Legend
Legend
Quote:
Never meant to sound like I was discrediting LeBron.

I didn't take it that way, sorry if my response was confusing.

yebat' Putin
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
We are freaking set!! Only 2 games away from an NBA Championship!!

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
SaintDawg #967838 06/15/15 04:09 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
thumbsup

Joe Thomas #73
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
This team is gonna need to go through some changes this offseason.

The East is terrible and LeBron alone gets us through it.

I don't think Kyrie Irving is near the player everyone likes to think he is.

I'd like to have Love back and look to deal Kyrie.

The problem isn't Kyrie being out, it's who's had to play because he's out, if that makes sense.

I'll get blasted for that opinion, but the dude isn't that good. Sorry.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Also, Steph Curry and Draymond Green are very unlikable.

I know a lot of people agree with me on Draymond, but Curry is just as bad.

When LeBron whines and cries about fouls, people lose their mind (And rightfully so, I hate when he does it) but Curry is just as bad and gets a free pass.

He literally stomps his feet and throws a tantrum like a 4 year old. It's embarrassing.

TopDawg16 #967853 06/15/15 05:04 PM
Legend
Legend
The odds that the Cavs deal Kyrie are somewhere between zero and none. I think there are some changes they can make but they involve the bench players. Personally, I don't think the changes will be that great.

When I look at how this team was built, on an accelerated schedule after LeBron came here.... and then piece-mealed together as the season went on, learning to play together and developing chemistry and schemes on the fly...

I'm not a big contracts guy, I don't know who is out there and who we can let go if we want to deal to upgrade the bench... but one would think that a team with LeBron that was 2 games away from a championship shouldn't have much problem luring the top tier bench talent to Cleveland...

yebat' Putin
TopDawg16 #967854 06/15/15 05:09 PM
R
Legend
Legend
R
Stephen Curry is completely unlikeable, but I only started thinking that since this series began.

The constant chewing on his mouth guard. The way he won't look up when he walks. The way he won't give anyone on the Cavs any credit. And I can't stand seeing his parents in the stands every five minutes.

I probably wouldn't care about any of that if he weren't playing the Cavs ...heck, I might even be rooting for them. But now I can't stand the guy.

Take note folks, this is the same reason people don't like Delly. Or LeBron. All these little behaviors are cool when your guys are doing it, but they are annoying as hell when it's the other guys.

The only solution is to beat them. Win. Who wants to see the Warriors celebrate on the Cavs home floor with Riley Curry as the center of attention? I'd rather watch paint dry.

DCDAWGFAN #967855 06/15/15 05:14 PM
R
Legend
Legend
R
I'm starting to wish we kept Wiggins over Love.

I'm not mad about the move, and I think it was the right move at that time. You trade potential vs. legit talent any day of the week.

But I'm wondering if it fell through or never materialized what this team would be like. And if Wiggins rookie year serves as a projection forward for him, you could have a guy ready to take over for LeBron when he retires. The Cavs could have literally been good for the next 15 or so years.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
When I look at Stephen Curry only one thing comes to mind.
I want to slap his mouthpiece chewing face.

TopDawg16 #967864 06/15/15 05:57 PM
Legend
Legend
no way are we dealing kyrie. he's becoming a better and better floor general now that he is seeing what a floor general is suppose to look like.

if anything we need upgrading of our bench players.

our starting 5 was this :

James
Irving
Love
Mosgov
Smith

They wanted shumpert starting, which is fine.

Smith, TT, JJ coming off the bench is PPPPPEEERFECT. even Delly. but i think we could upgrade the backup PG spot.

I want to see what Harris and them have as well. Hopwfully blatt gives a full backup squad some meaningful minutes next season.

Last edited by Swish; 06/15/15 05:57 PM.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
TopDawg16 #967868 06/15/15 06:04 PM
S
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: TopDawg16
Also, Steph Curry and Draymond Green are very unlikable.

I know a lot of people agree with me on Draymond, but Curry is just as bad.

When LeBron whines and cries about fouls, people lose their mind (And rightfully so, I hate when he does it) but Curry is just as bad and gets a free pass.

He literally stomps his feet and throws a tantrum like a 4 year old. It's embarrassing.

Green should have been T'd up several times for throwing his arms around.

I love the whole "Lebron is a crybaby" thing. THEY ARE ALL CRYBABIES. Tim Duncan who never talks, is a crybaby. Dude throws up his arms like "WHHHHAT?" every time he's whistled. Bulls fans love complaining about Lebron complaining but Jordan was a baby too. It's the NBA. These guys are politicking for the next call. I really don't care that much about it, however Draymond Green throwing his arms around after a call is a technical by rule.

S
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
S
NBA player complaining discussion is almost as bad as NBA mvp discussion. My god, who cares. I really don't care that Steph Curry won the MVP, and whoever wins the title, I won't care who wins the series MVP. These ESPN guys love going on forever about it.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Spergon FTWynn
THEY ARE ALL CRYBABIES.

Bingo.

Rishuz #967885 06/15/15 07:02 PM
C
Legend
Legend
C
The Love/Wiggins trade might be a loss in the end, but the Cavs had to do it. They weren't getting LeBron if they didn't get Love.

cfrs15 #967886 06/15/15 07:04 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

I don't have too much to add because a lot of you have already said it.

I agree:

--that the officiating is horrible
--our legs are dead
--losing Kyrie and Love is huge

I completely disagree with:

--TT is terrible defensively. Comments like that make me wanna slap someone. Sheesh!
--Blatt should be fired.

A couple of more thoughts. I probably shouldn't post because the TT comments just blew my mind away, but heck w/it.

--LeBron did not even jump for a couple of defensive rebounds late. He was gassed, but man, those were killer plays.

--I know Blatt had a lot of pressure on him to go w/the small lineup, but I am not sure that is the right move. I would use it occasionally, but we won our two games when we went big. I like having TT and Moz in at the same time. You don't always have to allow the other team to tell you who to play..........exploit their disadvantages. I am NOT saying to go exclusively big, but we should mix it up.

--I like Shump, but he needs to stop hesitating and develop more confidence offensively.

--I wanna beat Raymond Green's butt!

--You know, if we can somehow win Game 6......Game 7 might not be as difficult as many think.

Swish #967887 06/15/15 07:04 PM
C
Legend
Legend
C
The Cavs can run this same team out there next year and make the finals (assuming the main contributors stay healthy). They have no challengers in the East unless a team like the Hawks or Bulls makes an unforeseen upgrade.

The only thing the Cavs should be worried about is teams in the West improving.

DCDAWGFAN #967894 06/15/15 07:36 PM
Legend
Legend
Quote:
Can somebody show me a finals where any of the superstars, MJ, Magic, Bird, Kobe, anybody... lost their 2 best running mates going into the finals?

The only thing similar I can recall....1990 Bulls vs. Pistons. Game 7, Pippen had a migraine headache and Detroit destroyed Jordan and the Bulls, who had all the momentum going into that game having ripped Detroit in game 6. Had Pippen been healthy, Jordan would have had 7 rings.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
jfanent #967896 06/15/15 07:46 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
Willis Reed got hurt for the Knicks and Clyde Frazier took over.

Kareem missed a game and Magic played center on defense.

But, I can't recall two of a Big 3 going down for a series. Not saying it's never happened, but I don't remember it.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
j/c:

I don't have too much to add because a lot of you have already said it.

I agree:

--that the officiating is horrible
--our legs are dead
--losing Kyrie and Love is huge

I completely disagree with:

--TT is terrible defensively. Comments like that make me wanna slap someone. Sheesh!
--Blatt should be fired.

A couple of more thoughts. I probably shouldn't post because the TT comments just blew my mind away, but heck w/it.

--LeBron did not even jump for a couple of defensive rebounds late. He was gassed, but man, those were killer plays.

--I know Blatt had a lot of pressure on him to go w/the small lineup, but I am not sure that is the right move. I would use it occasionally, but we won our two games when we went big. I like having TT and Moz in at the same time. You don't always have to allow the other team to tell you who to play..........exploit their disadvantages. I am NOT saying to go exclusively big, but we should mix it up.

--I like Shump, but he needs to stop hesitating and develop more confidence offensively.

--I wanna beat Raymond Green's butt!

--You know, if we can somehow win Game 6......Game 7 might not be as difficult as many think.

We're on the same page about Blatt adjusting, champions impose their will..we should have never went away from playing big...maximize your size advantage. not go small with unathletic Dleague players. That being said, I couldn't disagree more about TT being bad on Defense...he is one of the worst help defenders i've ever seen, and how many times did we get embarrased when he had to switch to Curry. TT is not that great a player.. he's been handled quite easily against GS. Mosgov atleast protects the rim. TT is a very limited player..I think he lost alot of money this finals.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
L
Legend
Legend
L
and to add, I saw not only lebron, but others not going after loose balls...the things we did the 2 wins we weren't doing the last 2.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
V
Legend
Legend
V
You seem like a good guy and I wanna be nice, but man, I really have no idea what you are watching when you watch TT.

He is our best help defender. He is being utilized as the help on the pick and rolls because he is the only big that can defend. He isn't perfect, but man, he is the one guy who does understand team defense.

Page 9 of 19 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 18 19
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum NBA Finals IV

Link Copied to Clipboard