Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
#970555 06/22/15 04:20 PM
M
Legend
OP Online
Legend
M
As @ProFootballTalk said, the Browns have claimed (now) WR Terrelle Pryor off waivers.

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer

Two questions.

1. Who lasts longer w/ Cleveland-- Vince Young or Terrelle?

2. How many pages before this turns into a Brian Hoyer topic?

Ready.....GO!

Tackles are tackles.
A
Legend
Legend
A
Hoyer would've beaten him out. cool

M
Legend
OP Online
Legend
M
Good luck on the WR transition, TP.

Tackles are tackles.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I bet he'll make a better WR than Hoyer would.

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave"
D
Legend
Legend
D
Why? He's a straight up project at any positions.

Obviously he's no QB and obviously we are looking at a WR/TE switch for him, but the signing makes no sense.

I'm giving this a thumbsdown and I'm a HUGE OSU Bucs fan. Just can't find anything to get happy/excited for about this.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Nothing bad can come from this. He either figures out the receiver position or doesn't. If he doesn't we cut him. If he does then we found a useful player for nothing.

No one can question Pryor's physical gifts, there is no risk in this move.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Actually.

This signing makes sense.

We lose nothing by inviting him to camp. If he doesn't work out, we cut him, end of story.

If he has something to offer and makes the team, more power to us for taking a chance and claiming him off waivers.

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave"
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Nothing bad can come from this. He either figures out the receiver position or doesn't. If he doesn't we cut him. If he does then we found a useful player for nothing.

No one can question Pryor's physical gifts, there is no risk in this move.

Agreed.

Legend
Legend

If he makes the transition to receiver it would be shocking.

Really hard to wake up one day and say I think I will be a receiver in the NFL.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Who got cut to do this?

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB

Obviously he's no QB and obviously we are looking at a WR/TE switch for him, but the signing makes no sense.

I'm giving this a thumbsdown and I'm a HUGE OSU Bucs fan. Just can't find anything to get happy/excited for about this.

Oh come on D_LB.. What does it hurt. he's a guy that has potential. He's an athlete and can run. Why is this a bad thing.

At this time of year, with no real expectations, this makes perfect sense. I also get the feeling that had he agreed to play WR prior to this, he'd have been here sooner.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
This thread will be long

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
O
Legend
Legend
O
Flip behind this???

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
best QB on the roster.

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
The Cleveland Raiders, Thanks Flip

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: pblack18707
best QB on the roster.

so, you're saying that we have zero QB's.

it'll be interesting to see if he can stick to the roster.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Damanshot

Oh come on D_LB.. What does it hurt. he's a guy that has potential. He's an athlete and can run. Why is this a bad thing.

At this time of year, with no real expectations, this makes perfect sense. I also get the feeling that had he agreed to play WR prior to this, he'd have been here sooner.

It doesn't hurt. As others stated, he learns it and succeeds or doesn't and gets cut, no harm/questions asked. But... IDK, seems like an unneeded hassle for our skilled position coaches (Joker) to have to deal with when he could be giving the attention to a Taylor Gabriel, Rodney Smith, Mayle and oh the list is ever so continuing.

Pryor should have made this switch years ago IMO. He wasn't ever, in my eyes, set to be a NFL QB.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
best QB on the roster.

well..... what i said was he will be the best QB on our roster. what i mean by that is he has more upside than either shaw or mCcown and is more athletic than johnny. and thats all johnny has going for him so......

Legend
Legend
him as a bum QB still beat the steelers in his first try, something we get lucky doing time to time.

the guy has some serious talent. he's fast, he might have hands too.

i don't see what the problem is. one of these WR deep in the back might have cut.....so? they was more likely camp fodder anyway.

Hawk, Gabriel, Bowe and Hartline aren't going anywhere. i don't care if we lose anybody after that.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Damanshot

It doesn't hurt. As others stated, he learns it and succeeds or doesn't and gets cut, no harm/questions asked. But... IDK, seems like an unneeded hassle for our skilled position coaches (Joker) to have to deal with when he could be giving the attention to a Taylor Gabriel, Rodney Smith, Mayle and oh the list is ever so continuing.

Pryor should have made this switch years ago IMO. He wasn't ever, in my eyes, set to be a NFL QB.

This time of year, you gotta look at the bottom half of the roster as if it's a funnel. you gotta put a lot in to get a little out. It's no big deal I think.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
best QB on the roster.

well..... what i said was he will be the best QB on our roster. what i mean by that is he has more upside than either shaw or mCcown and is more athletic than johnny. and thats all johnny has going for him so......

well, he's NOT a QB at this level - never was, never will be. So, you're saying that we have no QB's. wink

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Report: Bengals upset Terrelle Pryor shared practice video

Posted by Josh Alper on June 22, 2015, 4:29 PM EDT

Terrelle Pryor is now a member of the Browns, which means that he’s now a rival of his former team in Cincinnati.

That may not be the only reason for animosity toward Pryor around the Bengals, however. Coley Harvey of ESPN.com reports that Pryor upset the team by posting videos of full team drills from their practices on Twitter while discussing his decision to switch positions to wide receiver in an effort to extend his time in the NFL.

“I haven’t been around another player who has done that,” a team source told Harvey. “By no means did we think a player would do something like that.”

That source also theorized that other teams might be averse to signing Pryor because of the risk that he’d share their information as well. It’s not clear if the Browns claimed him off waivers before or after the videos went up.

The videos have been removed from Pryor’s Twitter account.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...practice-video/

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
best QB on the roster.

well, he's NOT a QB at this level - never was, never will be. So, you're saying that we have no QB's. wink

well..... yea i guess you could look at it that way. its about odds. who on our roster has the best chance no matter how slim that chance is......

Legend
Legend
http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/arti...b0-2644c029deca

The Cleveland Browns on Monday were awarded Terrelle Pryor via waivers from Cincinnati. General Manager Ray Farmer made the announcement.
Pryor will compete for a roster spot at wide receiver.
To make room on the roster, the team waived defensive back Landon Feichter.
Pryor is a 6-4, 233-pound veteran officially in his fourth NFL season out of Ohio State. Originally drafted by Oakland in in the third round of the 2011 supplemental draft, Pryor has appeared in 15 games with 10 starts at quarterback. He has completed 170 of 302 passes for 1,953 yards with nine touchdowns and 12 interceptions. He has added 627 rushing yards with three scores and one reception for 22 yards. He spent training camp in 2014 with Seattle and spent parts of the 2015 offseason with Kansas City and Cincinnati. He led Ohio State to a 31-4 record in three years as a starter. A native of Jeannette, Pa., Pryor attended Jeannette High School.
After participating in the Browns’ rookie minicamp on May 8-10 on a tryout basis, Feichter signed with Cleveland on May 11 as an undrafted free agent from Purdue.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
best QB on the roster.

This absurdity of this comment knows no limits.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
I'm hoping maybe we just signed him to get a quick view at the Bengals playbook....There's no real downside to signing him at this point of the year but there's no real upside here either.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: CanadaDawg
best QB on the roster.

This absurdity of this comment knows no limits.

well just teach me. what did i say that was absurd?

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Pryor also has the longest run from scrimmage of any NFL QB.. 93 yards.

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
Legend
Legend
Maybe Flip has some ideas as to how to use him as a weapon on offense, since he has coached him in the past and knows his abilities?

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
DeFilippo, who got the best out of former Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor when they were in Oakland together in 2013, stressed that he's not about to take the "Football'' out of "Johnny.''

"I watched a lot of Johnny's tape his year coming out of college and I gave him a draft evaluation grade,'' he said. "They ran a lot of the same pass concepts as you run in the NFL. Johnny's game is just a little unorthodox. He likes to escape the pocket, he does a lot of impromptu stuff and the thing Johnny's doing right now is he's improving his game of being a NFL quarterback and he's making great strides in doing that.

"I'm the last guy - the last guy -- that's going to take Johnny Manziel's athleticism away from him. I will not do that. I refuse to do that. Okay? And I told Terrelle Pryor the same thing. 'That's part of your game.' Now, we need to refine the other part to make you the complete quarterback.'

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/05/browns_oc_john_defilippo_johnn.html

Legend
Legend
Welcome aboard, TP. Best of luck.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Of all the signings, this guy? Good fodder for you OSU pimps.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
emergency 3rd QB and a 7th receiver. why not? and you can still put shaw on the PS. Joker took another QB in Randall Cobb and turned him into a pretty good receiver. If Pryor can catch? I dont see why not.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:
And I told Terrelle Pryor the same thing. 'That's part of your game.' Now, we need to refine the other part to make you the complete quarterback.'

I guess Flip plans on finishing up the work he started with Pryor?

The really great news is he probably is better then anyone else we got so why not?

Who else did Oakland have on the QB roster so I know who will be picked up next. That stud outfit is a great place to find our upgrades.... willynilly

Some times I don't know whether to laugh may ass off or ball my eyes out.....................

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Brown to the Bone
Quote:
And I told Terrelle Pryor the same thing. 'That's part of your game.' Now, we need to refine the other part to make you the complete quarterback.'

I guess Flip plans on finishing up the work he started with Pryor?

The really great news is he probably is better then anyone else we got so why not?

Who else did Oakland have on the QB roster so I know who will be picked up next. That stud outfit is a great place to find our upgrades.... willynilly

Some times I don't know whether to laugh may ass off or ball my eyes out.....................

well got to see how he is behind a good o-line and with a running game.........

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
hmmm.... Jordan Cameron, 6' 5" 245 lbs 4.6 40 yd dash

Terelle Pryor 6' 4" 233 lbs 4.4 40 yd dash...

Just sayin...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Pathetic.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: Halfback32
Report: Bengals upset Terrelle Pryor shared practice video

Posted by Josh Alper on June 22, 2015, 4:29 PM EDT

Terrelle Pryor is now a member of the Browns, which means that he’s now a rival of his former team in Cincinnati.

That may not be the only reason for animosity toward Pryor around the Bengals, however. Coley Harvey of ESPN.com reports that Pryor upset the team by posting videos of full team drills from their practices on Twitter while discussing his decision to switch positions to wide receiver in an effort to extend his time in the NFL.

“I haven’t been around another player who has done that,” a team source told Harvey. “By no means did we think a player would do something like that.”

That source also theorized that other teams might be averse to signing Pryor because of the risk that he’d share their information as well. It’s not clear if the Browns claimed him off waivers before or after the videos went up.

The videos have been removed from Pryor’s Twitter account.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...practice-video/

This guy is a piece of crap!

He had numerous rules infractions at OSU, said he would stay w/the team, and then decided to leave the Buckeyes and enter the Supplemental Draft. He now posts videos of full team drills in order to promote himself? Pffftttt. He is the antithesis of a team-first player.

Someone said OSU pimps would be happy? Why? The guy caused Ohio State fans plenty of heartache w/his selfishness and indiscretions.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I've been saying since his days at QB at Ohio State he would be a freak of nature at WR. He did catch a touchdown pass from Todd Beckman while lining up at WR when playing for OSU.

He has size and speed. Can he learn to run good routes? Can he display good hands in tight coverage? Those questions have to be answered. He has all of the athletic ability needed to play the position.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: DeputyDawg
hmmm.... Jordan Cameron, 6' 5" 245 lbs 4.6 40 yd dash

Just sayin...

Johnny Manziel 5' 11" 207 lbs 4.68 40 yd dash...

Just sayin...

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns claim Terrelle Pryor

Link Copied to Clipboard