Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Did you read the interview article above?

Propaganda? For what? The guy was #53 of 53.

Pett explained the situation...the players quoted in the article understood the situation.

But you see "mixed messages"? willynilly

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
willie...what do you call this?

On Monday we had Pettine talking about the need to see progress from Pryor and on Thursday we had DeFillippo saying, " He has progressed nicely."

Then, they cut the guy!

BTW, Pettine was saying he "thought" of Pryor as being the 53rd on the roster...they don't tell the individual that and they do not number how the players rank on the 53 man roster.

Pettine used the 53 man comment as an excuse...but he did not number the players on the roster nor tell the players they had a number.

I'm sure Pryor didn't get the impression that he was the 53rd man on the roster, after being praised for his progress just before Pettine cut him.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A project at WR for a proven RB. I can't see the problem many do.

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: mac

On Monday we had Pettine talking about the need to see progress from Pryor and on Thursday we had DeFillippo saying, " He has progressed nicely."

Then, they cut the guy!

BTW, Pettine was saying he "thought" of Pryor as being the 53rd on the roster...they don't tell the individual that and they do not number how the players rank on the 53 man roster.

Pettine used the 53 man comment as an excuse...but he did not number the players on the roster nor tell the players they had a number.

I'm sure Pryor didn't get the impression that he was the 53rd man on the roster, after being praised for his progress just before Pettine cut him.

pryor was gone the minute he took a snap at QB. doesnt matter if it was only the wildcat.

winn was gone when he wrote on twitter about John Hughes getting a contract.

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W

The truth.

Quote:
Then, they cut the guy!

Happens all the time at the bottom of the depth chart and/or for a project guy.

Quote:

He said just that in the article. Why put the word "thought" in quotes?

Quote:

Excuse? He's limited to keeping 53 guys...he can't do anything about that. He simply told the truth as he sees it. Of course they don't tell the players their "number" on the 53...what good would that do? Once he was cut, Pett said TP was 53rd in the article above.

Quote:

So what? He was praised for making progress...he wasn't promised a darned thing. Tough league and all.

The ridiculous projecting and speculation surrounding these moves is off the charts. There are reasons to criticize/dislike moves that have been made, put to suggest excuse/propoganda/use-a-guy-for-positive-press etc is nothing but agenda posting.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: pblack18707

Then, they cut the guy!

pryor was gone the minute he took a snap at QB. doesnt matter if it was only the wildcat.

winn was gone when he wrote on twitter about John Hughes getting a contract.

Here again I say:

The ridiculous projecting and speculation surrounding these moves is off the charts. There are reasons to criticize/dislike moves that have been made, put to suggest excuse/propoganda/use-a-guy-for-positive-press etc is nothing but agenda posting.

Now you can add a certain play from scrimmage and a Tweet to the list. Ridiculous.

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Originally Posted By: E.Ryze19
A project at WR for a proven RB. I can't see the problem many do.

That's the problem...he's not a proven RB AND he's hurt. Statistically, there were 3-4 FA RBs still available who had better stats last year.

He seems like a decent 3rd running back to have around, but production should be less than what we saw from West.

L
Legend
Legend
L
thats the way I see it, most don't have the problem of pryor being cut, its doing so for a nobody who can't even contribute for half the season, especially when there were much much better options sitting there.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I actually disagree with that. I think Turbin is a "good" (see: not GREAT) RB. He's just been buried behind Lynch in Seattle. I wouldn't be surprised if he's our starter over Crow by the end of the season (if he gets healthy) with Duke as our 3rd down back (if he's healthy). Lots of ifs there....

But remember Crowell was a UDFA guy for a reason. Yes, he surprised some people last year but he wasn't "great". Certainly didn't set the league on fire. They drafted Duke in the off-season. Then this year, Crow is a part of the RB group that had their position coach openly frustrated and pleading for SOMEBODY/ANYBODY to actually earn the starters spot, followed by his inability to beat out a guy we just traded to be the 3rd RB for the freaking Tennessee Titans.

The sad part in all of this is the following:
1) An injured/cut RB could very well be the best RB on our roster
2) A cut QB (A. Davis) could very well be the best QB on our roster
3) A former QB turned project WR (T. Pryor) had the most athletic ability and measurables of any of the WR on our roster

Last edited by GraffZ06; 09/12/15 12:33 PM.

[Linked Image]

Fear us, for we are the BROWNS, led by the mighty BM! Only in Cleveland.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DjangoBrown
...and as I said in the other thread, Turbin can't run full speed either right now. Why did he pick him up?

Because they did not want to risk someone else claiming him, or him signing elsewhere if he cleared waivers. They can sit him as an inactive while he heals, as another poster said.

Someone else mentioned the outrage when we claimed Charles Johnson from the Packers. He was hurt, and he wound up on our IR shortly after we claimed him. Now people wonder why we didn't keep him.

Maybe, if I have time, I'll go look for that thread and see what posters said about claiming Johnson from the Packers when he was hurt. That might be interesting.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I remember the guy in College, and there were some guys on here that wanted us to draft him.

The biggest thing that I see is that when I look at what Seattle fans have to say, he seems like a very popular guy.

Pettine says he's a fan, the guy's young, and he could be playing by like week 4. Hardly half a season.....

Plus, his nickname is Turbo.

Pryor has plenty of talent, but he wasn't able to see the field during the pre-season. Plenty of people were upset we kept him in the first place. He's our 53rd guy.... I have no problem with this.

Feed the Crow, see how Duke does for the first few weeks. Then Turbo comes in and adds something to the competition. Word has it he can catch, run, and block. Sounds pretty useful

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PeteyDangerous
Word has it he can catch, run, and block. Sounds pretty useful

That reminds me of one of my favorite players. I don't remember if he said it or if it was the Cardinal PR department that put it out there but anybody else remember:

Larry Runs
Larry Blocks
Larry Catches

Larry Centers

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Mac, Pryor was the last man. Pettine said so and he told Pryor so.

Once other teams start making cuts, the last man many times becomes the odd man out. Turbin is a good player. The fact he may not play for 3,4, even 5 weeks doesn't matter. In the long term, Turbine will help the team more than Pryor.

And who knows, have teams around the league jumped at getting him? As far as I know he is still a free agent. Nothing says we won't bring him back, but I doubt it, Pryor is more hype than anything else.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: KashDawg
So what do we do with Gaines then? Cut him and risk someone else picking him up? From what I understand, stashing him on the IR doesn't count against our 53 right?

Cut him or just place him on IR. He's our fifth corner. This is not Joe Thomas.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
So what do we do with Gaines then? Cut him and risk someone else picking him up? From what I understand, stashing him on the IR doesn't count against our 53 right?

Again 4/5 receiver sets, team can use 5 corners, and even if they don't, they better have an extra in case of injury.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

Again 4/5 receiver sets, team can use 5 corners, and even if they don't, they better have an extra in case of injury.

Teams use five corners all the time. Yes. But how much better is the fifth corner than the sixth corner?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
There are reasons some teams stay at the bottom and other teams either mover or stay at the top.

We have 4 TEs and a FB who could play TE.

Brilliant!!!

And the Patriots have 4 TE and 4 RB. Those dummies!

Those moronic Seahawks have 3 TE and 2 FB! What idiots they must be!

Those stupid Vikings have kept 4 TE and a FB too. Oh how ridiculous! Who would do such a thing?

Our TEs are nothing special. Pryor would have been interesting, and the book is not written on him yet as a WR. Housler, Dray and Barnidge ... we know what they are. Easily replaceable with other TEs we can find on the streets.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
There are reasons some teams stay at the bottom and other teams either mover or stay at the top.

We have 4 TEs and a FB who could play TE.

Brilliant!!!

And the Patriots have 4 TE and 4 RB. Those dummies!

Those moronic Seahawks have 3 TE and 2 FB! What idiots they must be!

Those stupid Vikings have kept 4 TE and a FB too. Oh how ridiculous! Who would do such a thing?

Our TEs are nothing special. Pryor would have been interesting, and the book is not written on him yet as a WR. Housler, Dray and Barnidge ... we know what they are. Easily replaceable with other TEs we can find on the streets.

They are all also able to play in a game tomorrow.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: Jester
Originally Posted By: PeteyDangerous
Word has it he can catch, run, and block. Sounds pretty useful

That reminds me of one of my favorite players. I don't remember if he said it or if it was the Cardinal PR department that put it out there but anybody else remember:

Larry Runs
Larry Blocks
Larry Catches

Larry Centers

Larry Centers was a beast...and excelled in all ways...was a true weapon for a position that is never feared as a weapon...all I know is Larry Centers at FB would lead us in Rushing and receiving yards and TDs too lol

Legend
Legend

Teams use five corners all the time. Yes. But how much better is the fifth corner than the sixth corner?

Well, Gaines looked pretty good when he got playing time. Our 6th corner would have been Robert Nelson, but he signed with Cardinals practice squad.

Right now we have:

Haden
T. Williams
K. Williams
Desir
Gabriel (who has a hip flexor)
Bademosi

Of these, the top 5 are the ones who will really see action at CB. One injury can make this deep unit a short unit in a hurry. Again, Gaines looked really good in preseason action, so I am glad we didn't just IR him for the whole season. I think the kid can play.

Legend
Legend
Gilbert.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: clevesteve
Gilbert.

I thought he was a drag racer... rofl

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: clevesteve
Gilbert.

Yeah Gilbert.

I don't know why I so often mistype those 2 names. crazy

V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
"Players don't make very good GMs,'' said Pettine. "So it was purely front office, coach.''

Wow, can't believe Pet just slammed Farmer like that.

wink

2nd String
2nd String
I just cannot understand how we cut Pryor and/or Lenz and kept Bowe (can't play the first game) who seems to stay injured and slow.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: DjangoBrown
...and as I said in the other thread, Turbin can't run full speed either right now. Why did he pick him up?

Because they did not want to risk someone else claiming him, or him signing elsewhere if he cleared waivers. They can sit him as an inactive while he heals, as another poster said.

Someone else mentioned the outrage when we claimed Charles Johnson from the Packers. He was hurt, and he wound up on our IR shortly after we claimed him. Now people wonder why we didn't keep him.

Go ahead, not from me as far as I remember.

Anyway, do I really have to explain to you the difference between claiming a guy and putting him on the IR, basically redshirting a raw talent and claiming a guy and carrying him around for a month as an healthy inactive? You see the difference, do you?

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
R
All Pro
All Pro
R
"All of a sudden I reading and scrolling down...then POOF, my screen pops up to the AD that is on the page right after the Initial post. And I scroll down and before I get down if keeps popping up to the AD. Besides paying PPE money (sorry PPE just counting pennies here) how can I stop this? Please PM me for a solution as I don't wish to HIJACK the thread. Oh and I've eliminated my cookies."

I am having this same problem. it's extremely annoying and I have just given up reading threads entirely due to this.

Please fix this

"He who buys what he does not need steals from himself."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: RocDawg
"All of a sudden I reading and scrolling down...then POOF, my screen pops up to the AD that is on the page right after the Initial post. And I scroll down and before I get down if keeps popping up to the AD. Besides paying PPE money (sorry PPE just counting pennies here) how can I stop this? Please PM me for a solution as I don't wish to HIJACK the thread. Oh and I've eliminated my cookies."

I am having this same problem. it's extremely annoying and I have just given up reading threads entirely due to this.

Please fix this

it's been awful for me the past 5 days or so ... very annoying

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: RocDawg

Please fix this

I had that problem early this week, or late last week. Only lasted for 10 minutes or so.

I don't know what I did to fix it. Actually, I didn't do anything to "fix" it. It just went away.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
They cut Pryor because he was too tall. smile They are trying to reform the "Smurfs" and Pryor's height would have thrown off the esthetic.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Spiritbro77
They cut Pryor because he was too tall. smile They are trying to reform the "Smurfs" and Pryor's height would have thrown off the esthetic.

rofl rofl rofl

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Who was that "tall wr" of the Jets that just "tourched" that little CB of the Browns?

What was it I heard the announcers say?...there is no defense for a tall WR vs a little guy.

Do you think "anyone" from the Browns management/coachP heard that comment?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Spiritbro77

You know the Smurfs were blue because Brown Smurfs are turds.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
He cleared wavers.

So obviously we're not the only team feeling like he's not worthy of being on the 53 man roster..

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: OrangeHelmet
I just cannot understand how we cut Pryor and/or Lenz and kept Bowe (can't play the first game) who seems to stay injured and slow.

Considering Brian Hartline ended up being our emergency QB in week one, it does make you wonder.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy
He cleared wavers.

So obviously we're not the only team feeling like he's not worthy of being on the 53 man roster..

If Pryor was good enough to make the Browns 53 and doing as well as DeFillippo said on the day Pryor was cut, why didn't the Browns add Pryor to the practice squad?

Not adding Pryor to the practice squad means that someone with the Browns did not view Pryor as the 53rd player on the team...someone on the team viewed Pryor as no better than the 64th (or lower) player on the team.

Either something happened to cause Pryor to be cut, or there was a vast difference of opinion concerning Pryor's value to the team.

Maybe Pettine and Farmer disagreed on Pryor's value to the team...he went from the 53rd player on the roster to not even good enough to be on the 10 man practice squad in the blink of an eye.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Pretty sure he wasn't eligible Mac.

LOL - The Rish will be upset with this news as well. KS just doesn't prioritize winning...
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Rishuz

Quote:
In order to be eligible for the practice squad, players must meet one of the following requirements: Have no prior Accrued Seasons in the NFL (An accrued season is six or more games on the active roster); Have one prior Accrued Season in which the player was on the 45-man active roster for no more than 8 games;Sep 5, 2015

#GMSTRONG
M
Legend
Legend
M

Correct. Pryor is not eligible for the PS. I think that has been discussed countless times in terms of options w/ Pryor.

Tackles are tackles.
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M

rish...if Pryor is a vested player, that would explain it...I didn't think Pryor had enough years in the nfl to be considered vested.

I will look it up..

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns waive Terrelle Pryor

Link Copied to Clipboard