Original Post (Thread Starter)
by OldColdDawg
OldColdDawg
The 10 tactics of fascism | Jason Stanley | Big Think

Liked Replies
by Clemdawg
Clemdawg
I can't see the original post...

Which pretty much invalidates any opinion you might share in this thread.
Because the entire thread is based upon a video that you can't even see.

I'm going to make this interesting. I'm going to provide you with a direct link to the video you can't see on your Commodore 64.
In other words, I'm eliminating this excuse you might barf up to us every time you want to run this game of yours.
And I promise to keep providing you these links until:

1. You respond in these threads by participating in good faith.
2. You upgrade that Fred Flintstone rig of yours that can't display the embedded videos that everyone else can see.
(...so you tell us...) rolleyes

Watch the damn video. Comment in context.
None of this is difficult.

Here it is:
Click on these words. Watch the video. Write your thoughts. Do I need to draw you a map???
1 member likes this
by s003apr
s003apr
My observation has been that Fascism is like most "isms". People debate it's real meaning, but willingly accept that it is either an all good or all bad. That is strange phenomenon, We have a fuzzy understanding about what something is, but we are 100% certain that these"isms" are bad or good. This behavior naturally forces us to work backwards, observing things we don't like and rationalizing them being part of a bad "ism" or observing things we do like and rationalizing putting them in a good "ism" basket.

In the case of Fascism, most people tend to use it as a basket that represents all of the laws and restrictions that they don't like; rules that they feel overly restrict their autonomy.

The origin of the word doesn't help define the meaning of Fascism much either. "Fasci" means groups or bundles. Every political movement is composed of a group.

This Prof is doing something a little different. Instead of focusing on a specific policy, he is saying, 'I don't like this group or party' and he rationalizes putting them in the fascism basket by observing 10 behaviors and 1 other distinction that he thinks make their movement uniquely identifiable in a modern time. The 1 distinction tells you a lot about his objective in putting this together. He says that fascism can only apply to political groups on the "right". He doesn't tell you why that distinction is important, but he does take the time to tell you about how important and smart he is, letting you know that you should believe everything he says without question. I have said on here before that I don't believe in this idea of the right and the left. You can't take all of peoples beliefs and positions and then perform some sort of measurement that determines where they lie along a line. So he is really saying 'here are all these things I don't like', but he only wants you to apply a negative judgement to a group of people that he does not like.
1 member likes this
by PitDAWG
PitDAWG
After January 6th they think everything is fair game. They don't seem to comprehend that when you threaten someone with physical violence you are committing a crime. They now uphold crimes by people they agree with and claim preventing such crimes are an infringement of their rights. Only in Trumplandia.
1 member likes this
by bonefish
bonefish
What gutter trash he is.

Those poor families were put through hell because of that scum.

I hope he suffers immensely.
1 member likes this
by Jester
Jester
Originally Posted by Day of the Dawg
How about cancelling free speech. That is not what this Country was founded on. Speech even speech that you disagreed with was a right. On college campus's if Conservative speakers are brought in to speak it either gets cancelled of protested as Facism. Ask Ben Shapiro, Charlie Kirk, and Candace Owens.

How about the current Administration using the DOJ against parents of grade school and high school students that oppose certain curriculum.

Cancel culture in general.

The right is just as into cancel culture. Just disagree disagree with trump and see what happens:

https://reckonsouth.com/a-baptist-p...on-the-right-side-of-biblical-teachings/

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/nov/15/liz-cheney-wyoming-republican-party-trump

Antifa going to peoples homes, harassing them at restaurants, blocking their cars from moving in parking garages. Nothing Democratic about any of those actions.

You mean like this?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...otest-against-vaccine-mandate/ar-AAPjzay

That isn't fascism. That is voicing ones opinion gone wrong.

This is fascism:

https://news.yahoo.com/michael-flynn-demands-one-religion-050401378.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

Lockdowns, Mandates, etc... The Government has no right to issue totalitarian policies on it's people. We have even started having citizens turning against fellow citizens.

1st, vaccine mandates are not new.
2nd, You are taking an extreme example from an extraordinary circumstance to represent the norm.

There are so many similarities. Like the media walking lockstep with one political party. We no longer have news in this Country we get what one political party wants us to know.

This is true but you again, you act like this is a left thing. Yes MSNBC is ridiculous but so is FOX. Then there's Newsmax and OAN who take things to a whole other level.
1 member likes this