DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: cfrs15 Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 09:23 PM
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/972220911905583105

Schefter:

Quote:
Browns trading two draft picks to Dolphins for WR Jarvis Landry, sources tell ESPN.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/972221045737476096

Quote:
Browns also working on a new contract for their new WR Jarvis Landry, and a deal is expected to get done, per source.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/972221786170560513

Quote:
The #Browns quickly emerged as the favorite for WR Jarvis Landry. Now they trade for him in exchange for a pick in 2018 and a pick in 2019. Huge move.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/972221799097397253
Posted By: DeputyDawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 09:24 PM
Beat me too it!
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 09:25 PM
1. What picks?

2. Extension?
Posted By: BpG Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 09:25 PM
dam Schefter
‏
Verified account

@AdamSchefter
10s11 seconds ago
More
Browns also working on a new contract for their new WR Jarvis Landry, and a deal is expected to get done, per source.
Posted By: DeputyDawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 09:25 PM
This was the best fit at WR for the Browns out there. Dorsey starts out on a good note.
Posted By: BpG Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 09:25 PM
Also, Pete Smith is suck a twitter hack.
Posted By: BpG Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 09:27 PM
Two reasons #Dolphins WR Jarvis Landry wanted to go to the #Browns: 1. They’ll re-do his deal. 2. They have a QB. … and they will.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 09:28 PM
Quote:
Two reasons #Dolphins WR Jarvis Landry wanted to go to the #Browns: 1. They’ll re-do his deal. 2. They have a QB. … and they will.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/972222303365947392

Cryptic.
Posted By: DeputyDawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 09:29 PM
Rapsheet says a 2018 pick and a 2019 pick.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 09:30 PM
Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. . .

Josh Gordon, Jarvis Landry, Terrelle Pryor, and Corey Coleman?

We need to see what Landry is going to get paid, but that is not bad (and I am not the biggest Landry fan).
Posted By: BuckDawg1946 Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 09:31 PM
Any guesses on compensation? Pick #64 and 2019 3rd round? Just spitballing, have no clue
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 09:32 PM
Originally Posted By: BuckDawg1946
Any guesses on compensation?

I'm guessing one of our second rounders. No clue on the 2019 pick.
Posted By: clwb419 Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 09:32 PM
It'll be interesting to see what we traded. I'll assume it was our last 2nd rounder (#64) plus a conditional pick in 2019.
Posted By: BpG Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 09:32 PM
Any guesses on compensation?

Hopefully two 4ths, but I'd guess more like a 3 this year and a 4 next year?
Posted By: BpG Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 09:34 PM
4 minutes ago.

Jarvis Juice Landry
‏
Verified account

@God_Son80
4m4 minutes ago
More
Y’all better understand [censored] about to get SERIOUS... ON MY MAMA
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 09:37 PM
Any guesses on compensation? Pick #64 and 2019 3rd round? Just spitballing, have no clue

7th opund pick in 2018 ans 7th round pick in 2019..... just spitballing.... or making total crap up to even out your post.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 09:38 PM
I would guess our 2 (64) and 1 of our 4ths ...
Posted By: BuckDawg1946 Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 09:53 PM
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc

That sounds about right to me
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 09:55 PM

That sounds about right to me

NFL Network's bottom line is saying 1 2018 pick and a 2019 pick ...
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 10:04 PM
Why would people keep posting false information, if you DON'T KNOW what picks the Browns gave up, then just don't post anything.

I can guess too, but it doesn't make it fact!
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 10:04 PM
Great addition to the team. A proven talent and excellent possession receiver that should help out the rookie QB a great deal.
Posted By: slick Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 10:12 PM
Could this possibly mean the end of Josh Gordon in Cleveland?
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 10:12 PM
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. . .

Josh Gordon, Jarvis Landry, Terrelle Pryor, and Corey Coleman?

We need to see what Landry is going to get paid, but that is not bad (and I am not the biggest Landry fan).

Are you kiddin, quit dreaming.

Josh Gordon has been susp. twice as long as he's been active.
Terrelle Pryor is not on this team, currently.

And Corey Coleman has already had newspaper reports about him not staying.

So nothing is firm until the dust settles, and the Browns have a history of dropping somebody for everybody they pick up, so i'll take a wait and see.

Winning in April.
Posted By: ddubia Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 10:18 PM
Report: Browns acquire Jarvis Landry for two draft picks

According to multiple reports, the Browns have added one of the best wide receivers in free agency, a three-time Pro Bowler.

"Neither of the picks in Jarvis Landry trade are a first- or second-round picks, per sources. So it will be two picks between rounds 3 and 7."

Schefter

OBR Front Page
Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 10:18 PM

Mary Kay on Twitter says it's not a 1st or 2nd rounder
Posted By: BuckDawg1946 Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 10:19 PM
Soooooo, 2 third round picks? That also sounds about right to me.

Ha, nevernind, totally flaked on the fact that we have 64 and 65. So it's a essentially a 2/3 this year
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 10:19 PM
3rd and a 6th according to Pat Kirwan. 3rd in 2018 and 6th in 2019
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 10:22 PM
j/c...

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet Verified account
The #Browns assume the $16M, one-year contract for Jarvis Landry, and the two sides have not included a long-term extension as part of this deal. They will likely talk, but Landry could also simply play on the 1-year deal, see how Todd Haley uses him, and cash in next offseason

Tweet
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 10:23 PM
If we give up 2 picks that are thirds or later, I think that's pretty fair and works for me.
Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 10:23 PM
3rd and a 6th according to Pat Kirwan. 3rd in 2018 and 6th in 2019

Oof, I was hoping to use that third to move up into the first round this year.

Can't get something for nothing though. Welcome Jarvis Landry!
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 10:24 PM
Good trade
Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 10:25 PM
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
j/c...

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet Verified account
The #Browns assume the $16M, one-year contract for Jarvis Landry, and the two sides have not included a long-term extension as part of this deal. They will likely talk, but Landry could also simply play on the 1-year deal, see how Todd Haley uses him, and cash in next offseason

Tweet

I wouldn't be surprised if we're real close or something. I can't imagine giving up that third without pretty much having a deal in place
Posted By: pblack18707 Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 10:25 PM
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
Why would people keep posting false information, if you DON'T KNOW what picks the Browns gave up, then just don't post anything.

I can guess too, but it doesn't make it fact!

heard it was our #1 and #4 overall picks...
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 10:25 PM
Originally Posted By: PeteyDangerous

Mary Kay on Twitter says it's not a 1st or 2nd rounder

I love that MKC basically just copies Schefter tweet about this news and then claims in her tweet that "sources confirm". Bless her heart.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 10:27 PM
He'll sign long term they all are looking for security and we can give it to him ...
Posted By: BigWillieStyle Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 10:27 PM
Good trade. I am not as big a Landry fan as others, but he is a solid pro with good hands. It will be interested to see how the extension is structured.
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 10:29 PM
This is a great pick up. Could they be poised to grab a top FA QB? Just speculating. But Him and Gordon is a pretty scary duo. Haley got to be licking his chops.

If they land Cousins, I would flip.
Posted By: BuckDawg1946 Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 10:34 PM
Improving our wide receiving corps does help our FA QB outlook.
Posted By: ExclDawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 10:35 PM
Man, if only Gordon can stay clean an entire summer. Our WR core suddenly looks interesting.
Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 10:41 PM
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg
Man, if only Gordon can stay clean an entire summer. Our WR core suddenly looks interesting.

Bring on Jordan Matthews or Terrelle Pryor and we'll be loaded.

But even if we don't, Landry has been successful on the outside as well. From what I've heard, he was just asked last year to do the work inside.

We could see a lot of Gordon, Landry, Njoku, and DeValve on the field next year. Not a bad foursome. Especially if Haley gets these guys to block
Posted By: clwb419 Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 10:43 PM
Originally Posted By: ddubia
Report: Browns acquire Jarvis Landry for two draft picks

According to multiple reports, the Browns have added one of the best wide receivers in free agency, a three-time Pro Bowler.

"Neither of the picks in Jarvis Landry trade are a first- or second-round picks, per sources. So it will be two picks between rounds 3 and 7."

Schefter

OBR Front Page

OBR needs to make an update - this is not free agency, it is a trade.
Posted By: BuckDawg1946 Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 10:44 PM
With what appears from the outside, it sounds like Landry is a bit of a diva, that gives me pause if things turn south, which is a real possibility.

This is better than a Dwayne boe, or Kenny Britt though, looks like progress
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 10:44 PM
I could see Haley drawing up some good plays for these guys. The Steelers always seemed to have open guys.

Get us a QB now.
Posted By: ExclDawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 10:45 PM
He's one of the best WRs available in free agency ... that we happened to acquire through a trade.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 10:48 PM
From Ian Rapoport: "Two reasons Landry wanted to go to Cleveland 1. They will redo his deal and 2. they have a QB and they will" Hummmm??? superconfused
Posted By: ExclDawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 10:50 PM
With what appears from the outside, it sounds like Landry is a bit of a diva

He's a top Wide Receiver ... that's kind of par for the course.
Posted By: BCbrownie Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 10:50 PM

Bring on Jordan Matthews or Terrelle Pryor and we'll be loaded.

But even if we don't, Landry has been successful on the outside as well. From what I've heard, he was just asked last year to do the work inside.

We could see a lot of Gordon, Landry, Njoku, and DeValve on the field next year. Not a bad foursome. Especially if Haley gets these guys to block

"According to Pro Football Focus, Landry played out of the slot on 64.8 percent of his routes in 2017 — down from 72.7 percent in the season prior."

He's a slot receiver,pure and simple.
What used to be called a possession receiver.Every team needs one.
Posted By: kwhip Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 10:51 PM
He's one of the best WRs available in free agency ... that we happened to acquire through a trade.

YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: ddubia Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 10:55 PM
Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 10:55 PM
Originally Posted By: BCbrownie

"According to Pro Football Focus, Landry played out of the slot on 64.8 percent of his routes in 2017 — down from 72.7 percent in the season prior."

He's a slot receiver,pure and simple.
What used to be called a possession receiver.Every team needs one.

I think whoever I was listening to was citing the amount of yards per reception that he got in 2016 and 2015

http://www.nfl.com/player/jarvislandry/2543488/careerstats

But, who knows, maybe he just had some well drawn up plays with big gains.

I'm just trying to come up with ways that he can possibly be used on the outside so that Corey Coleman doesn't have to play such a role (if we don't get another FA WR)
Posted By: DaveyD Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 10:58 PM
Our next Brian Brennan or Joe Jurevicius?
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 10:59 PM
Awesome! Now go get Allen Robinson and we're set at WR.
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 10:59 PM

For one year. Next year meathead is a FA. I don't see Dorsey signing him to a huge deal considering his past... nor would I want him to. Use him while he is here, but let him walk in FA. Can't trade him. Can't sign him to a big deal or it will blow up on our face. Never COUNT on meathead. He will disappoint you every single time...
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 11:02 PM
We now have our slot receiver. We still need a #1. Probably won't get one in the draft this year unless we get lucky in the 2nd. Still, if we get a QB and a RB we will have a pretty decent offense.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 11:04 PM
Originally Posted By: DaveyD
Our next Brian Brennan or Joe Jurevicius?

As long as he holds onto first down passes, we're getting better.

Nice way to start the weekend.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 11:13 PM
Originally Posted By: Spiritbro77

For one year. Next year meathead is a FA. I don't see Dorsey signing him to a huge deal considering his past... nor would I want him to. Use him while he is here, but let him walk in FA. Can't trade him. Can't sign him to a big deal or it will blow up on our face. Never COUNT on meathead. He will disappoint you every single time...

Gordon is a restricted free agent after next season.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 11:15 PM
I hope it includes a extension. Trading for a good player is different than a FA signing......but, it's a start.

Landry, Gordon, and Coleman gives us a good group of starting receivers.

As a SEC fan, I always liked Landry, even when he helped beat my team.

Good's, good.
Posted By: TTTDawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 11:22 PM

Understandable.

In reality, with his past I can't see anyone signing him to a huge deal.....regardless if he has a good to stellar 2018.

2017? 4 games? You could see the rust but still looked rust-ily good. Here's hopin for a good 2018 camp for him.

Man? I just wanna see him succeed in his daily struggles in life. For some reason or another I really like the guy. C'mon man. Just nose-to-the-grindstone all out focus then retire and move to Colorado in 8 years. nanner
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 11:29 PM
Welcome aboard, jarvis. Win us some games this year.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 11:30 PM
Hope our new OC is drooling. This should be better by a far cry IMO.
Posted By: Blitzace Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 11:46 PM
Hello from the uk fellow Browns fans.. This is my first post here so be nice haha. While I’m not going to pretend I know the ins and outs of the NFL (duh I’m from the uk and a browns fan!!) Jokes, I have a decent grasp of all the teams and their players and follow a lot of games. Anyways less about me onto this trade which I think is a great piece of business, Juice is a great slot guy and the thought of pairing him up with Gordon and Coleman on the outside to stretch the field is mouth watering add to that maybe Saquon Barkley from the draft in the running game and Cleveland is looking fantastic on offence. At least this gives plenty of reasons to be optimistic this coming season. GO BROWNS!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 11:48 PM

Mary Kay Cabot
‏Verified account @MaryKayCabot

#Browns traded these picks for Landry: 4th rounder in 2018, 7th rounder in 2019
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 11:48 PM
so we just give up a 4th and 7th rounder
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 11:49 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
so we just give up a 4th and 7th rounder

This trade now borders on incredible and the 7th is next year.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 11:50 PM

Mary Kay Cabot

Steal.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 11:50 PM

Mary Kay Cabot

Steal.
huge
Posted By: DeputyDawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 11:55 PM
Great trade if it's true.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/09/18 11:56 PM
Originally Posted By: DeputyDawg

Albert Breer reported the same details.

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/972258212249554944
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 12:01 AM
j/c

Sounds like a great deal! I wanted Landry but was afraid we would have to overpay for his services. We got the right player for the right price. A real player at the position.
Posted By: BDU Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 12:03 AM
That's insanely cheap for a player of his calibre. People were, rightfully, asking if we had given up a first or second on Twitter prior to the details emerging.

For it to only be a four and a future seven, that's brilliant.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 12:07 AM
We do have to make it more than a rental.....but we can.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 12:08 AM

Yeah, that's really not that much for him at all. I'll be interested to see what the contract ends up being.
Posted By: DeputyDawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 12:12 AM
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie

Yeah, that's really not that much for him at all. I'll be interested to see what the contract ends up being.

I have a feeling that the contract isn't a done deal if it's that cheap.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 12:13 AM

I have a feeling that the contract isn't a done deal if it's that cheap.

Right. But knowing that Cleveland would be paying a hefty price for the long term deal may have been a factor in the draft picks sent. At least I'm assuming that what we said during the trade talks.
Posted By: DeputyDawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 12:17 AM
It could mean a one year contract at the franchise tag too.
Posted By: BpG Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 12:24 AM
4th and 7th is worth it even if they aren't bale to sign him.
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 12:27 AM
Reports are they're working on a contract.
Posted By: BCbrownie Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 12:28 AM
that makes no sense what so ever.
Posted By: DeputyDawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 12:31 AM
that makes no sense what so ever.

You would give up more than that for a one year rental?
Posted By: BCbrownie Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 12:36 AM
You said
"It could mean a one year contract at the franchise tag too."

Right now,he's on a transition tag.I took your comment to mean next year we could franchise tag him.
That is what I was referring to.
Posted By: DeputyDawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 12:40 AM
Got ya. I thought he was franchise tagged. Isn't he on the books for $16 mil right now?
Posted By: BCbrownie Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 12:42 AM
Yep,that's the going rate for T-Tags on WRs
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 12:43 AM
Got ya. I thought he was franchise tagged. Isn't he on the books for $16 mil right now?

Yes.
Posted By: DeputyDawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 12:46 AM
Ouch, that's QB type money.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 12:52 AM

Bad QB money. His average annual salary will be less than that if he signs long term.
Posted By: clwb419 Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 12:52 AM

$16m is bad QB money. But it is still QB money.

Expect if we sign him to a long term deal for it to be in the 5 year, $60-70m range with more than half guaranteed.
Posted By: ddubia Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 01:13 AM
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 01:24 AM
YES!!!!

Landry was my number 1 target in FA and we stole him in a trade. The dude is so much better than some of the guys on this board have been saying.

He has great hands. He gets open. He reads zone coverages. He's tough as nails. He can run after the catch. He can block.

Dude is a stud!!!! I am so freaking happy!!!!
Posted By: BCbrownie Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 01:30 AM
Thought you would be
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 01:32 AM
Oh yeah. Dude is a stud. Great, great hands. We finally nailed one.
Posted By: edromeo Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 01:35 AM
My view of the Browns WRs corps is that of a man stranded in the desert dying from dehydration....

is there any price too high for pro-bowl caliber WR?
Posted By: Thebigbaddawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 01:40 AM
He is the perfect match for Gordon *and Tyrod*. He will be our Joe J to Gordon's Braylon.

Add Njoku, Johnson, Coleman and probably Pryor...got some real weapons
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 01:44 AM
I think we still need one more WR. Coleman has been very disappointing thus far. He is the antithesis of Landry. Bad hands, dumb, poor routes, etc. And Gordon will never be a sure thing in my mind.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 01:50 AM
Agree. I hope our WR room isn't set.
Posted By: DeputyDawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 01:52 AM
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I think we still need one more WR. Coleman has been very disappointing thus far. He is the antithesis of Landry. Bad hands, dumb, poor routes, etc. And Gordon will never be a sure thing in my mind.

We'll draft one for sure and perhaps take a shot at a guy like Pryor now?

To tell you the truth, Taylor Gabriel would be an awesome fit now to take the top off of the defense.

I wonder if that bridge has totally burned?
Posted By: Thebigbaddawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 02:02 AM

To tell you the truth, Taylor Gabriel would be an awesome fit now to take the top off of the defense.

I don't know about Gabriel but I pretty much expect Pryor to be a Brown again. And I would do many things to end up with DJ Moore on this team.

While I don't trust Gordon, when he is on the field he is still a superstar. And I think Coleman with Taylor has no more excuses.

It's definitely better.
Posted By: hitt Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 02:08 AM
Yes, much better and we STOLE him, we will need to pay the man, but thanks to Sashi, we have the capital.....GO Browns!!!!
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 02:13 AM
Originally Posted By: Thebigbaddawg

I don't know about Gabriel but I pretty much expect Pryor to be a Brown again. And I would do many things to end up with DJ Moore on this team.

While I don't trust Gordon, when he is on the field he is still a superstar. And I think Coleman with Taylor has no more excuses.

It's definitely better.

Good stuff by both of you.

Yeah, we're better. No doubt.

Gabriel might be a good option, but if I were him, I would go to SF.

Pryor might actually be a good signing. Hue got a lot out of him and he likes Hue. He also had success here. He would be a nice fit w/Landry and Gordon. Throw in Coleman as a deep threat and nothing else and it might work nicely.
Posted By: DeputyDawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 02:15 AM
Yeah SF has to be a favorite for him with his connection to Shanny.
Posted By: Blitzace Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 02:18 AM
Maybe make a push for Allen Robinson?? With Juice maybe we become a more attractive destination
Posted By: Thebigbaddawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 02:19 AM
If I was Gabriel and Crow, I would immediately get on a plane and beg Shannahan to bring them in.

What a coach that guy is.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 02:31 AM
Welcome to the board, Blitz. I would love to add Robinson. He might be to expensive for us considering we are going to have to pay Landry, but the dude can ball, no doubt.
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 02:38 AM
Wow, first post in this thread but wow!!!!!!!!! Getting it done. Gordon and Landry, very nice. If Coleman does anything, then all the better.

And a 4th and a 7th? I'll take that because reports and etc saying we're already in talks of new contract. I so dig this, he's one of the best slot WRs out there.
I am BEYOND thrilled at this point! And free agency hasn't even officially started. Landry was my #2 top free agent and we landed him for a 4th and 2019 7th. That is change on the dollar!!! We then eliminate the pending yearly "quarterback controversy" by signing a veteran who will be our unquestioned 2018 starter, and trading the quarterback who Hue Jackson CLEARLY was not pleased with. And we get a much needed CB to boot!

We still have an estimated $82 million in cap space. Just enough to land 2-3 more big names, extend some more players as needed (Duke, Gordon maybe?). I know the offseason is the Browns fans optimistic times, but these moves feel different. These moves feel aggressive, assertive and meaningful. I am loving it!!!!
Posted By: myka Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 03:26 AM
Originally Posted By: Louisiana_Rig_Dawg
I am BEYOND thrilled at this point! And free agency hasn't even officially started. Landry was my #2 top free agent and we landed him for a 4th and 2019 7th. That is change on the dollar!!! We then eliminate the pending yearly "quarterback controversy" by signing a veteran who will be our unquestioned 2018 starter, and trading the quarterback who Hue Jackson CLEARLY was not pleased with. And we get a much needed CB to boot!

We still have an estimated $82 million in cap space. Just enough to land 2-3 more big names, extend some more players as needed (Duke, Gordon maybe?). I know the offseason is the Browns fans optimistic times, but these moves feel different. These moves feel aggressive, assertive and meaningful. I am loving it!!!!

Totally agree. Shrewd moves for top guys, not just the leftover dregs.

It's a good day to be a Browns fan... let's hope it lasts into December or January for a change smile
Posted By: Blitzace Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 04:04 AM
Thank you, yes I see where you’re coming from Landry will get paid a lot! Robinson is a baller would love him though ahh well I can dream haha. If Coleman can stay healthy then he’s an asset too mind and as others have said that Dj Moore guy is a great project to take if he’s there at the top of round 2 in the draft.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 04:17 AM
I think that Landry is a quality add, but he is even more important with a guy like Taylor at QB. Taylor is not going to be throwing 30 passes 30 yards each per game down the field. He is going to throw a lot of shorter passes, and that's Landry's game.

I agree that we need to add another WR in the draft. Gordon is no guarantee, and Coleman is no guarantee from an injury standpoint. I add 2 more WR in the draft, and let the best rise to the top.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 04:26 AM
gordon and landry might really save the career of Coleman and improve Njoku significantly IMO.

Gordon and Coleman on the outside, Landry in the slot, Njoku at TE and Duke in the backfield looks nice
Posted By: Dawg Citizen Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 04:31 AM
I like this trade.
Posted By: myka Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 04:34 AM
gordon and landry might really save the career of Coleman and improve Njoku significantly IMO.

Gordon and Coleman on the outside, Landry in the slot, Njoku at TE and Duke in the backfield looks nice

In terms of raw physical talent that might actually be #1 in the NFL. Unfortunately for us Browns fans talent doesn't always turn into wins for us. Here's hoping!
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 04:34 AM
Don't forget that we also have Devalve at TE. (Who I also really like)
Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 05:02 AM
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Don't forget that we also have Devalve at TE. (Who I also really like)

If Devalve can improve next year like he did last year, we'll have a formidable two-some at TE. That's for sure
Posted By: TONY Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 05:47 AM
This is really great news for Baker and Saquon on offense!
Posted By: eotab Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 05:56 AM
great job by our FO so far. Not yet into FA n we got the best WR in the market and our veteran win now bridge QB.

Gordon, Landry, Coleman (better produce), Duke, Njoku,Devalve n hopefully add a great RB with great hands in the mix. And we haven't even started yet.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 06:37 AM
If I were Dorsey, I would try to sign WR Richardson, from Seattle, in FA.

Man, Gordon and Richardson on the outside, and Landry in the slot .....

Makes me smile just thinking about it. wink
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 07:03 AM
YES!!!!

Landry was my number 1 target in FA and we stole him in a trade. The dude is so much better than some of the guys on this board have been saying.

He has great hands. He gets open. He reads zone coverages. He's tough as nails. He can run after the catch. He can block.

I am too. 4 seasons 400 catches. 220 of them for 1st downs. That is the kind of production we need. A guy that catches everything thrown his way and moves the chains!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 09:25 AM
IF dustin fox is correct and we're working on another trade or two, maybe a play maker is in the mix.
Posted By: kwhip Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 10:17 AM
YES!!!!

I am too. 4 seasons 400 catches. 220 of them for 1st downs. That is the kind of production we need. A guy that catches everything thrown his way and moves the chains!

THIS one's got me STOKED.

IMMEDIATELY our most SURE HANDED Receiver.

I did not think we had a shot in hell for Landry after he was Tagged.
Posted By: BDU Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 10:23 AM
IF dustin fox is correct and we're working on another trade or two, maybe a play maker is in the mix.

The BIG rumour is getting Tyrann Mathieu from Arizona. However, that would absolutely involve the 4th pick. Lot of speculation it will be #4 for Mathieu, #11 and a lil' something extra.

It was reported one day ago (NFL.com) that Arizona asked him to take a pay cut. This was originally reported as simply Mathieu being a poor fit in their new scheme, but there are some rumors swirling that it is also to increase his trade value.

Might be a slight hostage negotiation, however, as (If the Browns interest is true) they won't want him hitting the open market because Bowles and the Jets could pounce, as Bowles loves him to death and would find use for him regardless of Marcus Maye and Jamal Adams locking down their S spots.

It's a damn interesting trade option. For what it's worth, Tyrann Mathieu tweeted/retweeted multiple times about the Browns today. One in which Tony Jefferson (Ravens SS) asked him if he was going to Cleveland and he said, "No & don't troll me man lol" but nobody seemed convinced.
Posted By: kwhip Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 10:52 AM
Originally Posted By: BDU

The BIG rumour is getting Tyrann Mathieu from Arizona. However, that would absolutely involve the 4th pick. Lot of speculation it will be #4 for Mathieu, #11 and a lil' something extra.

It was reported one day ago (NFL.com) that Arizona asked him to take a pay cut. This was originally reported as simply Mathieu being a poor fit in their new scheme, but there are some rumors swirling that it is also to increase his trade value.

Might be a slight hostage negotiation, however, as (If the Browns interest is true) they won't want him hitting the open market because Bowles and the Jets could pounce, as Bowles loves him to death and would find use for him regardless of Marcus Maye and Jamal Adams locking down their S spots.

It's a damn interesting trade option. For what it's worth, Tyrann Mathieu tweeted/retweeted multiple times about the Browns today. One in which Tony Jefferson (Ravens SS) asked him if he was going to Cleveland and he said, "No & don't troll me man lol" but nobody seemed convinced.

4 for Badger and 11?

That gets Zona a QB.

Moving up from 11 to 4 for Badger?

No way. That Extra from Zona would START with their 2019 #1.
Posted By: BDU Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 10:57 AM
I agree the Browns could get plenty more, but I kept it simple because it's just a rumor and I have no idea.

Personally, I wouldn't be too heavy on the demands. Adding Mathieu would be an incredible boost and we'll still have plenty of options at #11.

Realistically, our first round could be QB/Barkley, Mathieu and a high ranked CB. That'd be amazing. Anything extra is just cake, but sure, get what we can get.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 10:59 AM

I agree. Another mid level vet and a fairly high draftee works.
Posted By: kwhip Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 11:06 AM
Fox seems pretty confident in this. Saying it's DONE.

I'm watching Coleman and Shelton also.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 11:10 AM
I agree the Browns could get plenty more, but I kept it simple because it's just a rumor and I have no idea.

Personally, I wouldn't be too heavy on the demands. Adding Mathieu would be an incredible boost and we'll still have plenty of options at #11.

Realistically, our first round could be QB/Barkley, Mathieu and a high ranked CB. That'd be amazing. Anything extra is just cake, but sure, get what we can get.

We are a team in need of help. I don't think we can afford to hold out for top dollar. Dropping from #4 to #11 and getting the Badger sounds pretty darn good to me.

Maybe Dorsey see Mike White as our QB. Why would you draft him at #1 or #4?

I don't know who we want or who we will draft at #1, but I'd do that trade every time.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 11:17 AM
Originally Posted By: kwhip
Fox seems pretty confident in this. Saying it's DONE.

I'm watching Coleman and Shelton also.
What other vet do we have worth anything? Reports from Grossi say that Coleman is getting ZERO interest
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 11:19 AM
It would be #4 for #15 (Cards Pick) and Honey Badger + at least their 2nd (47) and 3rd (79) according to the draft value chart.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 11:24 AM
It would be #4 for #15 (Cards Pick) and Honey Badger + at least their 2nd (47) and 3rd (79) according to the draft value chart.

So the Badger has a value listed in your draft value chart?

Dude, that only accounts for picks.

Don't fall in love with that draft value chart.
Posted By: wojo_dew Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 11:25 AM
i don't like this at all if true. He's had two significant knee injuries, shoulder injury, etc. Definitely not worth trading down to teens from 4 unless we get a 1 back next year
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 11:27 AM
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

So the Badger has a value listed in your draft value chart?

Dude, that only accounts for picks.

Don't fall in love with that draft value chart.

I'm only using it to show it will cost them more than the Honey Badger to move from 15 to 4 superconfused
Posted By: BDU Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 11:28 AM

Marc is right. Cards are at #15, not #11. Miami have #11 and I'm watching Jarvis Landry highlights. Yeesh, being corrected never felt so good. I could kiss Dorsey right about now. nanner

Per the value chart, #4 is 1,800 and #15 is 1,050. Hard to know what Mathieu's value is.

Obviously, he's one of the best in the game, but he's at $14M per year for the next few years, which kills the value.

If we could get Mathieu, #15 (1,050) and #47 (430), that alone would put me on cloud nine. 320 value sounds reasonable for a stud FS/CB but with a huge contract.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 11:32 AM
j/c:

I wish we would have identified other WRs (and we still might) but the price tag to get Landry was EXTREMELY cheap. I think his value as a WR outweighs the value we gave to Miami. I'm worried about how much he'll get paid (maybe worried isn't the right word) but overall I think it was a good move value-wise.

Well done, Dorsey.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 11:38 AM
I guess it depends on where one might value the Badger. 700 points is a 1st rounder around 22-23.

I think most teams would trade a pick at 22 for the Badger.

Even if we needed something else, no way it's a first rounder next year. Maybe a 4th this year.

It's obvious Dorsey is in win now mode. He isn't all that interested in drafting a ton more rookies. He is seeking to bolster the roster so we can win next year.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 11:41 AM
Quote:
This is the pick #Browns acquired for P Andy Lee in trade with #Panthers. Lee is now with the #Cardinals. So CLE wound up getting Jarvis Landry for Andy Lee and a 2019 7th-rounder.

https://twitter.com/evansilva/status/972263538046709760
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 11:42 AM
j/c:

I wish we would have identified other WRs (and we still might) but the price tag to get Landry was EXTREMELY cheap. I think his value as a WR outweighs the value we gave to Miami. I'm worried about how much he'll get paid (maybe worried isn't the right word) but overall I think it was a good move value-wise.

Well done, Dorsey.

I don't think we need to worry much about what guys get paid until we start bumping a little closer to the cap.

JMO
Posted By: wojo_dew Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 11:43 AM
I think people are over valuing Mathieu especially since he would have most likely been cut as no way Arizona was paying him $16M
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 11:48 AM
Could be....lets discuss this when and if the deal happens.
Posted By: BDU Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 11:50 AM
Originally Posted By: wojo_dew
I think people are over valuing Mathieu especially since he would have most likely been cut as no way Arizona was paying him $16M

Only because Arizona is about to start a rebuild, without a quarterback, and a new head coach who comes from a team/coaching tree that doesn't place a whole lot of value on the safety position.

He turns 26 in May and is coming off a Pro-Bowl year. Kid is an absolute star in the prime of his career.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 03:20 PM
Quote:
This is the pick #Browns acquired for P Andy Lee in trade with #Panthers. Lee is now with the #Cardinals. So CLE wound up getting Jarvis Landry for Andy Lee and a 2019 7th-rounder.

wow
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 06:34 PM
Quote:

wow

Remember when people were upset we traded Andy Lee?

I do.

https://www.dawgtalkers.net/ubbthreads.php/topics/1147093/andy-lee-traded-to-the-panthers#Post1147093
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 07:05 PM
Haha... I remember when a friend of mine threw in the towel because of the Andy Lee trade. smile
Posted By: pfm1963 Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 07:07 PM
I love every trade Dorsey has made so far.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 07:09 PM
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
Haha... I remember when a friend of mine threw in the towel because of the Andy Lee trade. smile
we do love our punters
Posted By: DeputyDawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 08:09 PM
we do love our punters

They get more snaps than the rest of our players.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 08:23 PM
Quote:

wow

Remember when people were upset we traded Andy Lee?

I do.

https://www.dawgtalkers.net/ubbthreads.php/topics/1147093/andy-lee-traded-to-the-panthers#Post1147093

rofl

If anyone wants to see some great posts trying to be upset about trading a 4th for Lee, you gotta check out that thread! What a gem! I mean, there is one champion of the effort, but I'm sure others were involved. haha.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 09:00 PM
After this trade, I'll most likely be playing Devante Parker in DFS cash games next season....at least to start the season. thumbsup
Posted By: jfanent Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 09:51 PM
we do love our punters

Lol. People even liked the guy that punted for negative yardage. Frost?
Posted By: Glw12 Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/10/18 10:33 PM
I've read where Landry has been compared to Hines Ward. If that is so he will be a huge help to our offense. Most of his catches are for 1st downs. Taylor is a ball control QB, a lot like Alex Smith, so he should catch a lot of balls. Now look for Dorsey to upgrade our run game.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/11/18 01:08 AM
Lol, I read a few pages and I was one who was slightly ticked we got rid of him.
I was right, though. wink
Posted By: myka Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/11/18 01:59 AM
Originally Posted By: Glw12
I've read where Landry has been compared to Hines Ward. If that is so he will be a huge help to our offense. Most of his catches are for 1st downs. Taylor is a ball control QB, a lot like Alex Smith, so he should catch a lot of balls. Now look for Dorsey to upgrade our run game.

Solid comparison. They both play tough and catch clutch balls. Landry has much better stats thus far. Only time will tell if he can match the longevity of Ward that made him so great.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/11/18 08:15 AM
we do love our punters

They get more snaps than the rest of our players.

WRONG we love our long snappers, they get as many snaps as our punters and kickers combined willynilly
Posted By: DeputyDawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/11/18 08:48 AM
Fear us, for we have Pontbriand!
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/11/18 09:00 AM
Hughlett Hughlett Hughlett Hughlett

That being said I am thrilled we traded for Landry. Josh -if he can stay out of trouble, Laundry, Coleman -if he can stay healthy and improve a bit, and another WR either in FA or in the draft, and our WR corp. will look a lot better than last season.
Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/11/18 09:34 AM
I gotta say, I saw Tanner Carew, Oregon's long snapper, at the Senior Bowl, and I was impressed!

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/tanner-carew?id=2559954

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap...-at-Senior-Bowl
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/11/18 09:44 AM
Originally Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain
I gotta say, I saw Tanner Carew, Oregon's long snapper, at the Senior Bowl, and I was impressed!

so you're saying we take him at #4
Posted By: Jester Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/11/18 12:44 PM

Don't let someone else determine the long snapper we get. If this is the guy we really want, we HAVE to take him at #1 overall.. IF we pass on him, there are 2 other teams that could jump us. Potentially we end up with our 3rd ranked long snapper. Are you willing to risk that? I'm not!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/11/18 02:03 PM
Originally Posted By: Jester

brownie

Don't let someone else determine the long snapper we get. If this is the guy we really want, we HAVE to take him at #1 overall.. IF we pass on him, there are 2 other teams that could jump us. Potentially we end up with our 3rd ranked long snapper. Are you willing to risk that? I'm not!
Posted By: daytnabacker Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/11/18 11:30 PM
Quote:
Josh -if he can stay out of trouble

Take a look at Josh Gordon's Instagram post, he might have grown up.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgEycw3Bdoe/
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/12/18 11:51 AM
j/c:

Cleveland Browns: No one is afraid of Jarvis Landry

Fans and media alike declared the Cleveland Browns back upon seeing the news that the Browns traded for Jarvis Landry from the Miami Dolphins. The Browns valiantly fended off the Baltimore Ravens and no one else for the services of a slot receiver that puts up a lot of empty calories, but doesn’t make a meaningful difference for a team.

Landry has caught 400 passes over his first four seasons and made the Pro Bowl three times. These are impressive feats, but there’s a reason they have happened and it’s not because Landry is a great receiver. It’s largely because it’s a winning formula for the other team.

A defensive staff is preparing to take on the Browns for the week. Right away they have to figure out how to account for Josh Gordon. He’s a gamebreaker that is a threat to score on almost any play. David Njoku is a 250-pound tight end that runs like a gazelle. If they don’t account for him, he can break a big play and score. Duke Johnson is a matchup problem who’s really dangerous after the catch.

Who’s worried about Landry in the slot? No one. Herein lies the problem. Landry officially becomes the least athletic skill player on the team. Less athletic than Dan Vitale, the team’s fullback. Less athletic than Tyrod Taylor, the team’s new starting quarterback.

So even if Landry catches the ball, he’s not really a threat after the catch, averaging 5.1 yards yards after the catch per reception over his career. Factoring in the fact his overall average per reception is 10, that means Landry is catching the ball basically five yards past the line of scrimmage.

A defense can have a linebacker or slot corner take care of that effectively. Or just drop into a soft zone and then tackle him after he catches it. Unless he goes deeper down the field, he’s not a huge concern. There is quite literally no one a defense would rather have with the ball in their hands, because he is the least threatening.

They have to stop Gordon, make sure Njoku is accounted for, deal with players like Duke and Coleman, even if it’s just a single player matching up on them. Teams will let Landry catch the ball, because he’s not threatening. They don’t want to let him run free, but they’ll let him catch a five yard pass and then tackle him short of the first down.

For his career, 54.5 percent of the time Landry catches the ball, he gets a first down. By comparison, Seth DeValve has converted 65 percent of his receptions for first downs in his first two seasons. He does that while being almost 40 pounds heavier, more athletic and averaging more per reception.

Just by the numbers, if a defense plays good run defense and makes sure no one else kills them in the passing game, they’re going to get off the field basically in two sets of downs. Landry piles up numbers over the course of the game, which look good on a stat sheet, but mean little in terms of impacting the game, because the opponent is happy to let him get the ball and just tackle him, forcing them to punt it away.

In games Landry led the Dolphins in receiving yards, they notched a 7-15 over the course of his four year career. Their overall record over that span is 30-35, so they are 23-20 in games where anyone else leads the team in receiving yards. It’s a simple formula. Make Landry beat you.

No defensive coordinator is worried about Landry. As long as teams are throwing the ball to Landry, they aren’t throwing the ball to difference makers that can actually win the game, can force the offense to punt the ball away and ultimately win the game. Landry gets a trip to Hawaii and the team ends up going 5-11.

Meanwhile, quarterbacks want to complete passes. So when Gordon or Njoku are covered but might have opportunities, the quarterback may just go ahead and complete the sure thing in the wide open Landry underneath that gets tackled short of the sticks. It looks good on his stat sheet. Unfortunately, the offense goes nowhere. It’s a trap and most quarterbacks will fall into it.

Landry is getting paid just shy of $16 million to be the guy no one fears this season. In a vacuum, it’s as unimportant as the money paid to Brock Osweiler last year, but there should be zero talk of a contract extension. Landry would be a fool to take an extension to get paid what he’s actually worth. That would mean the Browns are prepared to give him about $10 million per year, which is utterly insane for what he’s actually doing.

The best case scenario for the Cleveland Browns is that Landry plays out this year, racks up a ton of yardage and goes to the Pro Bowl again. At that point, the Browns let him walk and some other team gives him the contact they’ll regret the Browns are hopefully too smart to offer. The Browns effectively get back what they paid to get to obtain Landry in the form of compensatory picks that can be used for more useful pieces to the team. If that’s the plan, it’s a brilliant one, but in the mean time, Jarvis Landry is the type of player that will put up numbers, but won’t win games.

https://nflspinzone.com/2018/03/11/cleveland-browns-no-one-afraid-jarvis-landry/
Posted By: BDU Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/12/18 12:30 PM
Pete Smith has been such a hack when it comes to Landry.

Firstly, Landry's low 8.8 yards per reception were largely due to Jay Cutler averaging a lowly 6.21 yards per attempt - which was 53rd in the league, along with Fales, Manuel, Kizer and Manning.

The years prior, when Tannehill played decent, Landry was at 12.1 and 10.5 respectively - which is right around where you want it.

Jarvis Landry is going to have low yards. He's most effective from the slot. That's Julian Edelman and Wes Welker kind of numbers. Or, perhaps best representative, Larry Fitzgerald - his use in the slot has increased significantly over the last few years in which he's hovered around 10 yards per reception.

The trade off, however, is in the numbers. Landry, over his career, has been targeted 567 times and has 400 receptions. That's utterly mental. That isn't accounting for inaccurate passes, that's just how many times he's outright been targeted. Fitzgerald has been targeted 456 times over the last three years and has caught 325 of them. That's what a slot receiver is for. Highly efficient. He won't rack up the yards, but he'll move the sticks in assisting manageable down and distance at an incredibly efficient rate.

He's the perfect addition, for a Taylor or a rookie. He's ultimately a safety value who can consistent be relied upon.

Don't worry about Landry down field. We've got Gordon and Coleman. Adding an additional burner will help. Njoku is a mismatch nightmare. What Landry gives us is a consistent and reliable both short and intermediate.

I don't get the hate towards sure-handed possession receivers. People like Smith hate them, but you sure notice when you don't have one.
Posted By: Thebigbaddawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/12/18 01:54 PM
It's mental that he cannot understand that simple philosophy
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/12/18 02:16 PM

I liked the article and I don't think he's too far off... maybe a bit extreme, but I don't think Landry is our savior by any means. I don't hate Landry. I just think it was a poor use of assets.
Posted By: BDU Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/12/18 02:19 PM
I don't hate Landry.

Hahahahahhahaahhaa.
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/12/18 02:22 PM
I still think it's interesting the amount of people who don't want Mayfield because of a crotch grab but are loving the Landry move...
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/12/18 02:29 PM

Firstly, Landry's low 8.8 yards per reception were largely due to Jay Cutler averaging a lowly 6.21 yards per attempt - which was 53rd in the league, along with Fales, Manuel, Kizer and Manning.

The years prior, when Tannehill played decent, Landry was at 12.1 and 10.5 respectively - which is right around where you want it.

I think this is also an interesting comment considering we haven't really had a quarterback, yet a lot of people are quick to judge our WR despite having the worst QB play in the past 2 years...
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/12/18 02:36 PM
Quote:
I just think it was a poor use of assets.

I'm like you and think Landry is overrated. But I'm not upset about the assets we gave MIA. I think we got away with a decent deal if you ask me. My question is the subsequent contract he could get here and how much we overpay for the guy's services.
Posted By: BDU Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/12/18 02:37 PM
I still think it's interesting the amount of people who don't want Mayfield because of a crotch grab but are loving the Landry move...

You're really just emphasizing my point. You don't hate the guy - you just have only negative things to say about his game AND his character. That just seems like hate.

You're right regarding how much our receivers have suffered with our quarterback play. It's been rough for them. Let's also note, however, that Landry being "held back" still has him going to the Pro-Bowl and being amongst the league leaders.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/12/18 02:46 PM
I wonder how much celebrating went on in the WR room we traded Kizer and traded for Taylor ... nanner

4 for Badger and 11?

That gets Zona a QB.

Moving up from 11 to 4 for Badger?

No way. That Extra from Zona would START with their 2019 #1.
that's way too much for badger.

They would have to give badger and their 19 pick
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/12/18 02:54 PM
Was watching some highlights of Landry... again, WELCOME TO CLEVELAND MAN!

Landry and Gordon can be capable of mass destruction. Say we pickup a WR in the draft too, he'll hopefully be able to take advantage of the usual one on one when the defense is going to be focusing on the JL and JG.

Coleman is pretty much not even in my plans for the WR corp. Can't stay healthy, can't catch and can't even practice. Can't even get a 7th round pick for him in a trade I bet either. I say run him hard in camp and don't baby him and the second he has another hamstring issue or some other injury, can him and cut your losses.

Posted By: devicedawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/12/18 02:55 PM

You're really just emphasizing my point. You don't hate the guy - you just have only negative things to say about his game AND his character. That just seems like hate.

You're right regarding how much our receivers have suffered with our quarterback play. It's been rough for them. Let's also note, however, that Landry being "held back" still has him going to the Pro-Bowl and being amongst the league leaders.

I'm a huge proponent for Mayfield. The crotch grab doesn't bother me, and I'm not coupling you with these people but I've brought up Landry's crotch grab while discussing Mayfield and I'm told, "it's different." It's really not. I'm not criticizing Landry's grab, but I'm just pointing out that so many don't like Mayfield because of his, yet no one cares that Landry made the same gesture.

I don't think Landry is being held back. I can't deny his league leading 112 catches, but I would bet even you could run 2 yards and catch passes from Cutler.

My point is and will always be that we are overpaying for Landry. I understand it might be a necessity in many eyes, but I don't think that changes the fact we are still overpaying for him.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/12/18 03:01 PM
Does that writer expect the offense to line up 4 WRs on every play and have them all run straight down the field?
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/12/18 03:04 PM
Quote:
I just think it was a poor use of assets.

I'm like you and think Landry is overrated. But I'm not upset about the assets we gave MIA. I think we got away with a decent deal if you ask me. My question is the subsequent contract he could get here and how much we overpay for the guy's services.

I always enjoy your posts because our philosophies seem to align. We do differ on little things here and there.

I'm considering the money we are paying Landry as well. I understand it's not my money and what do I care how much we pay someone. And I get we basically traded Andy Lee and a 7th for Landry but that came at the price of paying him as a top 3 WR unless we work a new deal... If I'm Landry I'm going to want that 16 million.

Landry isn't even close to a top 3 WR, but we're paying him as such.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/12/18 04:12 PM

Well, if it were just a crotch grab you would be on to something. Add planting the flag, flipping the bird and running from the cops and you would be painting a much more accurate picture. But then that wouldn't fit your narrative.
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/12/18 04:18 PM
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

Well, if it were just a crotch grab you would be on to something. Add planting the flag, flipping the bird and running from the cops and you would be painting a much more accurate picture. But then that wouldn't fit your narrative.

And throwing the ball at opposing player's heads during pregame warm ups.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/12/18 04:20 PM
There is a video of Landry pushing a woman. Is that as bad?
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/12/18 04:26 PM

Fit my narrative? Huh? I have never had issues with Mayfield's actions. If we beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh and he plants a Browns flag in the middle of the field, I'm loving every second of it! Mayfield is exactly the type of quarterback I covet and believe the Browns need. There has never been any wavering from me because of his "antics" which are mostly overblown by hypocritical fans.

Now, back to Landry.... He has done more than just grab a crotch...
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/12/18 04:51 PM

Of course.

Not once have I ever defended Landry or his actions. Not once.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/12/18 04:55 PM

And if you're being honest, so has Mayfield.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/12/18 05:06 PM
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg

Of course.

That should have been a "j/c" to the topic. My bad. I wasn't assuming you've defended anyone's actions.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/12/18 05:28 PM
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Does that writer expect the offense to line up 4 WRs on every play and have them all run straight down the field?

I hope not. Hue's not calling plays any more. angel

I think Pete is undervaluing Landry. At the same time, I think he's a #2 receiver wanting #1 money. A good #2, but not a game changer. The contract worries me a bit. Front loading a contract while we have lots of room makes some sense, but how does that impact his motivation?
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/12/18 05:34 PM

And if you're being honest, so has Mayfield.

You certainly like to repeat what I say... Are you just trying to argue with yourself?
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/12/18 05:46 PM
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg

Of course.

That should have been a "j/c" to the topic. My bad. I wasn't assuming you've defended anyone's actions.

No worries, Memphis
Posted By: Cincy_Dawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/14/18 10:57 AM
It appears this trade has had a bit of a ripple effect.
Amendola to Miami to fill the Landry void.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22748887/danny-amendola-leave-new-england-patriots-miami-dolphins
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/14/18 10:58 AM
Originally Posted By: Cincy_Dawg
It appears this trade has had a bit of a ripple effect.
Amendola to Miami to fill the Landry void.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22748887/danny-amendola-leave-new-england-patriots-miami-dolphins
and Eli Rogers from PITT probably to NE
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/15/18 08:54 AM

If people don't want him because of that they are being silly. I don't want him because of his lack of height and stature. Yes, you can point to a handful of short QB's that have been highly successful. However, the odds are against it.

I am all for the Landry move. Having a sure-handed receiver that knows where the sticks are and gets a lot of first down catches. How many times in the past have we complained of completing a third-down pass but bein short of the line? Landry will get the first down.
Posted By: cle23 Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/15/18 09:17 AM

Landry isn't even close to a top 3 WR, but we're paying him as such.

That's the nature of the beast of FA. Sammy Watkins had under 600 yards the last 2 years and got 16 million a year. The cap and the market go up so much year to year that within a year or two most contracts are actually undervalued in league terms. No chance Kirk Cousins is worth 6 million more a year than Aaron Rodgers but for now that's the case.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/15/18 01:50 PM
He's still pretending it was just a crotch grab when there's actually a list. lmao
Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/15/18 02:08 PM
He's still pretending it was just a crotch grab when there's actually a list. lmao

Yeah, I find the hitting the TCU player in the head with the football a little lamer than the crotch grab.

But, it's all a package sort of thing. The police incident, acting like an idiot after the Ohio State-Oklahoma Game (which is why I loved how the Iowa State QB went and stuck their flag in the middle of Oklahoma's field, lol), the crotch grab, and the throw the ball at the opposing player's head incident (which showed accuracy but poor character)

He just seems like a bit of a jerk, these kinds of things are just not a good look for the supposed leader/face of a football team.

But on the other hand, his teammates love him. His coaches love him. He's clawed and scratched to get where he's at. He's a winner. Knows how to play the game. Accurate with a good arm.

Evaluating the pluses and minuses of these quarterbacks is what the front office is paid to do though. That's their job, it's what they're going to be held accountable for.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/15/18 05:38 PM
Landry on #Cleveland weather: I'm excited. One of the things we talked about #LSU, being weatherproof. My job is to catch balls, block for my teammates and help win games

https://twitter.com/MattFlorjancic/status/974330832486916097
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/23/18 04:03 PM
j/c...

Jarvis Juice Landry Verified account
@God_Son80
“They suppose to stop US” @Browns

Tweet
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/23/18 06:03 PM
Supposedly Jarvis Landry organized some workouts for some of the guys on the team.

David Njoku is a large human.
Posted By: Razorthorns Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/23/18 06:05 PM
poor tyrod looks like a little matchstick man compared to that receiving corps.
Supposedly Jarvis Landry organized some workouts for some of the guys on the team.

Help me out here. I am terrible at recognizing football players without helmets and numbers.

Njoku is the monster without a shirt... and Landry is up front. Taylor is on the far right. Who are the other 2?
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/23/18 06:15 PM
Ricardo Louis and I don't know.
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/23/18 06:22 PM
Gz yes he is. I'm hoping for big things from David this year.

I'm relatively sure the guy with the shadow on his face is not Rashard Higgins. Is it possible it is Duke? I would love to see Duke fill in even more at wide receiver.
Posted By: eotab Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/23/18 07:48 PM

I'm relatively sure the guy with the shadow on his face is not Rashard Higgins. Is it possible it is Duke? I would love to see Duke fill in even more at wide receiver.

Food pick up, looking at the legs, height, very well could be Duke! wink I've been preaching for him to be considered more in our WR corp this year!

jmho...sign the man!
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/23/18 07:48 PM

I believe it is Carlos Hyde. Sadly, Hollywood Higgins didn't get the invite (note his post at the bottom of Jarvis Landry's IG post). Poor guy.

Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/23/18 07:52 PM
Yeah that for sure looks like Hyde. Couldn't tell in the shadow pic.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/23/18 07:53 PM
Originally Posted By: Milk Man

I believe it is Carlos Hyde. Sadly, Hollywood Higgins didn't get the invite (note his post at the bottom of Jarvis Landry's IG post). Poor guy.

Oof... that's brutal. No Gordon, either?
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/23/18 07:58 PM
j/c

Maybe he only wants to work with guys he believes will be on the roster for the entire season?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/23/18 08:09 PM
gosh, njoku is huge
gosh, njoku is huge

Every picture he looks bigger! Would love to see him break out this year! Tyrod definitely uses the tight end. When Charles Clay was healthy, he got him the ball.

PS... love the new sig Dawgs4Life
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/23/18 10:07 PM
I expect Njoku to be a very good player. No reason why he can't. He has the tools.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/23/18 11:30 PM
I expect Njoku to be a very good player. No reason why he can't. He has the tools.
yeah, he showed some nice flashes last year. Consisency should come with experience
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/24/18 12:14 AM

There is a video as well but I can't link it because of language. You can find it on his twitter page.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/24/18 12:19 AM
Was Corey Coleman there?
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/24/18 12:20 AM
No. Njoku, Hyde, Landry, Louis, and Taylor.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/24/18 12:23 AM
Thanks.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/24/18 12:26 AM
Was Corey Coleman there?

He was on his way but broke his hand on the way.
Posted By: Swish Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/24/18 12:32 AM
which caused him to dropped his flight at the last minute.
Posted By: ExclDawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/24/18 02:24 AM
#TheLand-ry
Posted By: DeputyDawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/24/18 02:54 AM
Was Corey Coleman there?

Dropped the invitation.
Posted By: BuckDawg1946 Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/24/18 07:31 AM
This duo with Gordon is tantalizing. I'm talking taking the top off lids
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/24/18 08:29 AM
I keep thinking how nice it will be if Njoku and Coleman (or whoever the other outside WR is) could be relied upon

Gordon
Landry
Duke
Njoku
Coleman
Barkley??
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/24/18 10:20 AM
I read where darnold is the only QB the Giants will take, so they probably go Barkley at two.....unless they trade.

As to the receiver group....glad to see some hooking up for a get together with TT. Don't know what to make of others not being there...no biggie IMO, though it sounded like Higgins didn't know anything about the session.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/24/18 10:21 AM
That would make sense based on the reports yesterday that they want to trade up to #1
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/24/18 10:34 AM
And it might happen if we decide to go with another QB other than Darnold.

A quick look at the value chart shows a 400 point difference...which is a low 2nd value. We wouldn't get their high 2nd rounder, but we could get back in to the top of the 3rd round and maybe a 4th next year.

I'd do that with the understanding they in fact agree on drafting a certain player and don't turn around and trade the pick to someone else.

Obviously there is no way to attach those terms to a trade of picks, it would simply have to be a handshake agreement.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/24/18 10:49 AM
I wouldn't trade down from 1 at all. It would certainly take #2 overall, and next year's 1st to even get my attention.

As far as the Giants' interests .... there is a reason that this is called the silly season. Teams lie all the time as to their interests.
Posted By: kwhip Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/24/18 12:17 PM
That would make sense based on the reports yesterday that they want to trade up to #1

There were NO reports of them thinking about moving up to #1.

That came from Loudmouth Canty on Mike and Wingo. And everyone runs with it.

He GUESSED.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/24/18 12:25 PM
Well, that is a report.

No doubt lot's of things get said that have little basis.

Sometimes those reports that come from a friends friend who is friends with..prove true, but in the vast majority of cases, not.
Posted By: 1oldMutt Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/24/18 01:07 PM
I've thought the Giants and Barkley all along. Haven't changed my mind yet.
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/24/18 01:32 PM
I keep thinking how nice it will be if Njoku and Coleman (or whoever the other outside WR is) could be relied upon

Gordon
Landry
Duke
Njoku
Coleman
Barkley??

Man, I'm really hoping we can/will grab Sutton, Kirk, or Chark too.
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/24/18 01:34 PM
Originally Posted By: 1oldMutt
I've thought the Giants and Barkley all along. Haven't changed my mind yet.

Quite possible. I keep thinking Rosen or trade though.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/24/18 01:52 PM
Originally Posted By: CalDawg

Gordon
Landry
Duke
Njoku
Coleman
Barkley??

Man, I'm really hoping we can/will grab Sutton, Kirk, or Chark too.

I like Kirk and Anthony Miller, but with Landry in the fold, I'm not sure we really would benefit all that much from another slot receiver.

Chark has the measurables, but when watching Guice (v. Bama) what I noticed were his drops. No thanks.

I really like Sutton. Not sure he makes it to the 2nd, but if he does, he's my pick. Good complement to the guys we have, strong hands, good size, good and willing blocker. When your position coach names his child after you, I think that speaks to his intangibles/character.
Posted By: eotab Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/24/18 04:09 PM
The kid is still so so young. And he got open a lot last year. Some of my biggest Kizer disappointments came on passes to Njoku...the kid is a miss match and probably will be our best DEEP threat as the season goes on!

jmho
Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/24/18 04:55 PM
Originally Posted By: eotab
The kid is still so so young. And he got open a lot last year. Some of my biggest Kizer disappointments came on passes to Njoku...the kid is a miss match and probably will be our best DEEP threat as the season goes on!

jmho

Our best? I dunno. If Josh Gordon can play, it's hard for me to imagine Njoku beating out Gordon as our best deep threat.

But Njoku is a matchup nightmare for opposing teams. I think Haley will be great for him too. Teach him how to block well and improve his route running. He's got a shot at becoming a really top-notch TE.

I can see Njoku being really effective on intermediate post, go and fade routes from the inside, like Gronkowski (the king of these kinds of routes). Gronkowski has an incredible ability to find the soft spot in zones (and to read Tom Brady's mind to get there). It's probably what makes them the best tandem in football. Those kind of 20 yard routes
Posted By: ddubia Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/24/18 05:50 PM
I'd do that with the understanding they in fact agree on drafting a certain player...

When making trades for picks team do not disclose the player they are targeting.
Posted By: Jester Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/24/18 07:13 PM
I heard a while back on a sports talk show, I think the one with Thomas Dimitroff, and he addressed this. The team trading up will tell the other team if they are trading for an offensive or defensive player but not more specific -FWIW
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/24/18 07:23 PM
Joe Banner once said that neither team would tell who they were interested in, plus there would be no way to enforce a "verbal handshake" anyway.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/24/18 07:26 PM
I'd do that with the understanding they in fact agree on drafting a certain player...

When making trades for picks team do not disclose the player they are targeting.

There's also the fact that if we're willing to make the trade, we aren't interested in Darnold...therefore there really isn't a reason for the Giants to complete the deal.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/24/18 07:29 PM
Originally Posted By: jfanent

There's also the fact that if we're willing to make the trade, we aren't interested in Darnold...therefore there really isn't a reason for the Giants to complete the deal.

Except that the Jets may decide to try and trade up from 3.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/24/18 07:31 PM

do they have anything left to trade? grin
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/24/18 07:39 PM

do they have anything left to trade? grin

Sure, a 6th round pick, a box of tissues and Isaiah Crowell. rofl
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/25/18 12:02 AM
I have a few thoughts about Njoku.

--I think people are overrating him.

--I think he has tremendous potential.

--I think he drops way too many passes.

--I think he has big play ability.

--I think he does not have good hands.

--I think he can make a few sensational catches.

--I think he can get deep and make big plays.

--I think he is not a good route runner and isn't yet capable of finding holes in zone coverages.

--I think he might end up being good.

--I don't think he is very good right now because he is terribly inconsistent.
Posted By: Swish Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/25/18 12:04 AM
oh, so he played like a rookie. shocking.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/25/18 12:06 AM
Of all the dumb statements made on this board, you chose mine to criticize????

This freaking place is unreal!
Posted By: Swish Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/25/18 12:09 AM

#triggered
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/25/18 01:35 AM

That's how you come at me in the other forum. smh
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/25/18 02:25 AM
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

That's how you come at me in the other forum. smh

We are all Board Barrons here.
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/25/18 04:02 AM
I don't think he realizes he brings it in himself. It was actually a good post, but the "I think people are overrating him" comment was inducing argument. If you eliminate that comment, he probably doesn't get the argumentative replies.

1. I think Njoku could and should be our touchdowns leader in 2018. He's going to be an incredible mismatch and should be difficult to cover in the red zone.

2. I don't think 3 dropped passes in 60 targets is excessive. He probably doesn't have the best hands but he's no slouch.

3. Njoku is still fairly new to the position. He's super young, a bit raw, and incredibly athletic. This was a "Sashi pick" I wasn't crazy about, but he's grown on me. I think he made strides last year and believe he's going to be a stud.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/25/18 05:09 AM
Joe Banner once said that neither team would tell who they were interested in, plus there would be no way to enforce a "verbal handshake" anyway.

Daniel Jeremiah presented a theory for why there have been more trades this off-season than previous off-seasons; he said that many of the GMs nowadays have either worked with each other or are friends. Before teams were always skeptical with one another because they always were trying to swindle the other team (just look at the Jimmy Johnson trade value chart).

With all that said, I think GMs today are less likely to lie to their counterparts because they want to keep the relationships with them good because they will want to make a deal in the future or for future employment or they don't want it to be awkward when they see the guy out on the road.
Posted By: kwhip Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/25/18 08:43 AM
Is that accurate? 3 in 60?

Jeezuz, I'm so used to drops it just assumingly goes across the board. Is assumingly a word? Lol.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/25/18 09:56 AM
I agree with everything u said .... now the question becomes ...

Does he fulfill any of his potential and if so how much of it does he fulfill .. and the potential is MASSIVE ... skies the limit for this kid ...

1st question is does he become consistent and learn how to play the game ....

- does he take the time to learn how to become a good route runner .. to learn the nuincases of coming in and out of breaks ... u know what i mean ...

- does he take the time and study the film and seek out advice from his peers on how to read zones and get open in them ....

If he works hopefully doing those things will put him in position to use that incredible atheletic body he has .... the fact hes working with TT and others is a REALLY GOOD SIGN he’s willing to work ... lets hope thats not all he’s doing ...

Then it becomes a question of how good his hands can become .... as u pointed out he makes some incredible catches ... that means his hands can be “soft” sometimes .... then theres the drops ... witch was his MO from college ....

Is it concentration or is it bad hands? And if it is bad hands .. willl they become good enough to make the drops tolerable ....

This is a HUGE OFF SEASON for him ...

Can u imagine the plays Hue and Haley can design for him if he becomes consistent with his route running and learns how to get open ....

One thing i haven’t seen talked about much is the OFFENSIVE BRAIN POWER we have in that room .... Hue and Haley are awesome enough ... then u add in Ken Zampese ... thats an awful lot of EXPERIENCE and OFFENSIVE BRAIN POWER ...

And they now have some toys to play with .... lets see how big a part this toy allows himself to become ...

Good Luck David ... WE NEED U ....

thumbsup
Posted By: Dave Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/25/18 10:45 AM
Quote:
- does he take the time to learn how to become a good route runner .. to learn the nuincases of coming in and out of breaks ... u know what i mean

Allow me to translate, as I speak fluent Diam: nuances.

We now return you to some hardcore, pure, high quality football jawboning.

wink
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/25/18 11:21 AM
It's assumingly so...

Drops
Posted By: pblack18707 Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/25/18 11:33 AM
It's assumingly so...

Drops

that site has kenny britt with two drops lmao. wonder wich of all the drops they counted as drops?
Posted By: eotab Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/25/18 12:17 PM
Originally Posted By: eotab

jmho

Our best? I dunno. If Josh Gordon can play, it's hard for me to imagine Njoku beating out Gordon as our best deep threat.

But Njoku is a matchup nightmare for opposing teams. I think Haley will be great for him too. Teach him how to block well and improve his route running. He's got a shot at becoming a really top-notch TE.

I can see Njoku being really effective on intermediate post, go and fade routes from the inside, like Gronkowski (the king of these kinds of routes). Gronkowski has an incredible ability to find the soft spot in zones (and to read Tom Brady's mind to get there). It's probably what makes them the best tandem in football. Those kind of 20 yard routes

And this is probably one of the reasons that a message board can be deceptive.

Sorry Petey I forget you cannot read my mind...lol laugh

When I stated Best Deep Threat. I was including the fact that Gordon would probably get doubled and somebody over top.

My "Best DEEP THREAT" comment was that he was going to have the best Miss matches, A SS who cannot cover like a CB nobody over top. Or a LB who just won't be able to keep up with him.

ergo my claim he will be our best Deep threat. I too would think Gordon would be our best if he has one on one coverage. But the great miss match will be with Njoku!

jmho
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/25/18 12:27 PM

When trading from 2 to 1 I think there could be a understanding. I get it most other times.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/25/18 12:32 PM

It's a small club these people belong to. A handshake deal means something. You'd have a hard time dealing with anybody if you said one thing and did another.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/25/18 12:46 PM
Is that accurate? 3 in 60?

Jeezuz, I'm so used to drops it just assumingly goes across the board. Is assumingly a word? Lol.

Yes and no. It might be accurate if one looks at web site that charts the drops, but we started tracking drops during the season and it became obvious that what they think is a drop and what we view as a drop are two totally different things. The number of drops for all receivers [not just Njoku] is far short of what those sites claim.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/25/18 12:50 PM
Drops, uncatchable passes are subjective.

What we can agree on is we didn't complete enough of them.
Posted By: Dave Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/25/18 12:51 PM

It's a small club these people belong to. A handshake deal means something. You'd have a hard time dealing with anybody if you said one thing and did another.

I agree. The conversation would be something like:

Dorsey: Are you interested in moving up to 4?
Elway: Possibly.

Dorsey: Who for?
Elway: [Harrumph!] See here John, this sort of thing simply isn't done! We have no obligation ...

Dorsey: Do you want the pick or not? I have Buffalo on hold ...
Elway: Josh Allen.

Dorsey: We get your #5 and your 2018 3rd rounder, you get Allen. If you renege, I'll tell the world your word means nothing.
Elway: Deal.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/25/18 01:36 PM
Thanks Dave .... wink ....
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/25/18 01:49 PM
1. I think Njoku could and should be our touchdowns leader in 2018. He's going to be an incredible mismatch and should be difficult to cover in the red zone.

2. I don't think 3 dropped passes in 60 targets is excessive. He probably doesn't have the best hands but he's no slouch.

3. Njoku is still fairly new to the position. He's super young, a bit raw, and incredibly athletic. This was a "Sashi pick" I wasn't crazy about, but he's grown on me. I think he made strides last year and believe he's going to be a stud.

I loved this pick and think he's going to be great. He is definitely raw, and as Diam pointed out, he will need to put in the work to get there. If he does, he'll be a beast. One thing we need to consider concerning past performance is who was throwing to him. I imagine a good QB will eventually fall in love with his size, speed, and mismatch ability. If Njoku starts getting easily catchable balls that allow him to catch on the run he will be unstoppable.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/25/18 02:07 PM
Originally Posted By: Dave

I agree. The conversation would be something like:

Dorsey: Are you interested in moving up to 4?
Elway: Possibly.

Dorsey: Who for?
Elway: [Harrumph!] See here John, this sort of thing simply isn't done! We have no obligation ...

Dorsey: Do you want the pick or not? I have Buffalo on hold ...
Elway: (Player's name)

Dorsey: Nope. That's who we want, and we're taking him at 4, I guess.
Elway: frown (secretly happy because their player will be there at 6)

These guys aren't out to screw anyone, but they also aren't out to help another team. Teams make trades because of the value the trade creates for their team, not because they have to know what player the other team is taking.

I'll try to find the exchange when I get back from church this afternoon.
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/25/18 02:43 PM
We're coming...

Hype Video
Posted By: Dave Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/25/18 02:51 PM
Buffalo is the wild card. Denver doesn't know how much or little the Bills *might* be willing to give up for the QB that's left at 4. The whole thing could only happen IF both Denver and Buffalo really want the QB who's left at 4. IF they are both vying for the #4 pick we have, the price goes up. Its the economic law of scarcity.
Posted By: kingodawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/25/18 03:00 PM
Originally Posted By: CalDawg
We're coming...

Hype Video
goose bumps
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/25/18 03:01 PM
Originally Posted By: Dave
Buffalo is the wild card. Denver doesn't know how much or little the Bills *might* be willing to give up for the QB that's left at 4. The whole thing could only happen IF both Denver and Buffalo really want the QB who's left at 4. IF they are both vying for the #4 pick we have, the price goes up. Its the economic law of scarcity.

Don’t rule out the giants trading down with the donks if the guy they want is not on the board ... there staying at 2 for a qb ... if there is only one they want and we take that one ... they can trade down to 5 and still have a shot at Quan, Chubb or Nelson ...

I dont see them doing anything but taking a QB regardless of witch one we take .... either Sam or Josh are great picks .... not sure how u pass either of them up ...
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/25/18 04:55 PM
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
I agree with everything u said .... now the question becomes ...

Does he fulfill any of his potential and if so how much of it does he fulfill .. and the potential is MASSIVE ... skies the limit for this kid ...

1st question is does he become consistent and learn how to play the game ....

- does he take the time to learn how to become a good route runner .. to learn the nuincases of coming in and out of breaks ... u know what i mean ...

- does he take the time and study the film and seek out advice from his peers on how to read zones and get open in them ....

If he works hopefully doing those things will put him in position to use that incredible atheletic body he has .... the fact hes working with TT and others is a REALLY GOOD SIGN he’s willing to work ... lets hope thats not all he’s doing ...

Then it becomes a question of how good his hands can become .... as u pointed out he makes some incredible catches ... that means his hands can be “soft” sometimes .... then theres the drops ... witch was his MO from college ....

Is it concentration or is it bad hands? And if it is bad hands .. willl they become good enough to make the drops tolerable ....

This is a HUGE OFF SEASON for him ...

Can u imagine the plays Hue and Haley can design for him if he becomes consistent with his route running and learns how to get open ....

One thing i haven’t seen talked about much is the OFFENSIVE BRAIN POWER we have in that room .... Hue and Haley are awesome enough ... then u add in Ken Zampese ... thats an awful lot of EXPERIENCE and OFFENSIVE BRAIN POWER ...

And they now have some toys to play with .... lets see how big a part this toy allows himself to become ...

Good Luck David ... WE NEED U ....

thumbsup

Both this post and the one Vers made are right on target. There's no doubt this kid has HUGE "potential". It just oozes from him!

We've seen players across this league either reach that potential or fall far short of it. That is yet to be determined. While he is a physical freak his current shortcomings are obvious for anyone willing to look at it.

It's not hard to see why people get excited about the kid. It's also not hard to see why people realize that he's very much a work in progress and that the jury is far from out on how this story will end.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/25/18 05:17 PM
j/c:

I really think that Landry is going to have a huge year. I think he will be among the league leaders in catches and make another return to the Pro Bowl.

He is exactly the type of receiver we have been missing for years.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/25/18 05:24 PM
Especially with TT at QB ... I’m no fan of TT but if Gordon can stay clean he’s got mad ass weapons .... and we may not be done yet ... i’m No fan of Bark at 4 and think he’s overrated ... but there’s no denying he’d help any O ... he’s ELECTRIC ...

I will have Landry on all my ppl fantasy leagues ... hes gonna be a MONSTER ....

He’s a tougher runner than folks think ... i really like this guy ... he’s PERFECT FOR US ...

Man ... Hue and Haley and Zampese designing plays for all these guys ... MY OH MY ...

Its gonna be a FUN YEAR ... weather your still ignoring me or not ... naughtydevil ...
Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/25/18 05:29 PM
j/c:

I really think that Landry is going to have a huge year. I think he will be among the league leaders in catches and make another return to the Pro Bowl.

He is exactly the type of receiver we have been missing for years.

My question I've been waiting on is, what are we doing to extend his contract?

Cause Landry is a solid young player. He'll be a big asset to Tyrod Taylor and any young QB that we draft.

We've got Josh Gordon for this year and next year. After that, if needed we can franchise him.

Otherwise, there's no high cost receivers. Hopefully we get the ball rolling on a long-term deal
Posted By: edromeo Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/25/18 05:48 PM
Posted By: ddubia Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/25/18 07:25 PM
I don't think he realizes he brings it in himself. It was actually a good post, but the "I think people are overrating him" comment was inducing argument. If you eliminate that comment, he probably doesn't get the argumentative replies.

I think the argumentative replies come from those people who are overrating him. smirk
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/25/18 07:27 PM
I think far too many people who love to use the term #snowflakes make themselves appear to be ones.
Posted By: ddubia Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/25/18 07:30 PM

Daniel Jeremiah presented a theory for why there have been more trades this off-season than previous off-seasons; he said that many of the GMs nowadays have either worked with each other or are friends. Before teams were always skeptical with one another because they always were trying to swindle the other team (just look at the Jimmy Johnson trade value chart).

With all that said, I think GMs today are less likely to lie to their counterparts because they want to keep the relationships with them good because they will want to make a deal in the future or for future employment or they don't want it to be awkward when they see the guy out on the road.

None of that addresses the possibility of a team changing their mind on their pick once they've traded into a slot. New information can change minds. For instance, the Jets may have, I don't think they did, tell the Colts they want to take a QB. But then they get new information that makes them rather pick B. Chubbs instead, exactly who the Colts wanted and didn't worry about the Jets taking Chubb 'cause they said, QB.

It's best for everybody to not disclose who they intend to pick.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/25/18 09:04 PM
What about Ricardo Lewis. He got a invite.

The guy is a beast.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/25/18 09:05 PM

The guy is a beast.
I was surprised he got one, but SEC guy connection maybe?
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/25/18 09:06 PM
Could be. I didn't think of that.
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/25/18 10:54 PM

The guy is a beast.

They're all in Miami during the offseason. Duke, who is also in Miami for the offseason, but he wasn't there though.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/25/18 10:56 PM
Landry can really work the sideline. He has great hands and he has the keen ability to get his feet down quickly. The play you showed is an example of that.

I think a lot of Brown's fans are really sleeping on this guy.
Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/26/18 12:54 AM
Landry can really work the sideline. He has great hands and he has the keen ability to get his feet down quickly. The play you showed is an example of that.

I'm very excited.

Honestly, at 4 I want Saquon Barkley above all at this point. More offensive firepower.

Like the triple threat offense that we had with Chudzinski with Braylon, KW2, and Jamal Lewis.

Josh Gordon working the top of the defense like Braylon did, Landry working underneath, like Winslow did, and Barkley kicking butt, like Jamal Lewis did. Winslow was the key that year. God he was so good. I think he's still my favorite Browns player. Without the knee injuries and staph, Winslow would have been in the HOF, just my opinion though. Maybe Njoku can be our Joe Jurevicious to top it off
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/26/18 01:03 AM
I remember when we played NE and Bill Belichik ranting on the sideline about "they have one guy who can beat you...." He was talking about KWII.

It's a damn shame that career never got to live to its fruition.
Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/26/18 01:08 AM
It's a damn shame that career never got to live to its fruition.

Tell me about it. One thing after another.

In that draft I really wanted Sean Taylor and Ben Roethlisberger. i was a big Big Ben fan. Loved this guy from Miami (OH) just dominating football games. That's why I hate when people compare Josh Allen to Big Ben. It's like, No. Not even close.

Anyway, yeah, first the onside kick in the cowboys game. Then the wheelies on a motorcycle. Then the staph infection. It was one thing after another. Didn't he end up getting a tattoo on his junk (or a piercing there) and staph on that too?

And so many guys got that staph. What a nightmare. KW2, Brian Russell (who we never should have let go. He was so underrated), Braylon, LeCharles Bentley. I mean it was like a freight train of staph.

EDIT:
But Winslow came back like a hero. I remember Braylon saying in an interview once, "You guys don't get it. He really is a soldier"

To me, Winslow was larger than life. And I was watching him in college, so I wasn't a little kid idolizing. I was a college kid idolizing. lol
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/26/18 01:17 AM
Hmmmmm..............I was a big fan of Sean Taylor and Big Ben also.
Posted By: Knight Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/26/18 01:21 AM
Since you guys brought up Jamal Lewis I'll just stick this in here. My favorite Jamal run as a brown...Lewis will not be denied!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Olirxk9si0
When I think back to what good Browns football looks like plays like that come to mind. Marion Motley, LeRoy Kelly, Jim Brown, Mike Pruitt, Greg Pruitt, Earnest Byner, Kevin Mack, and 2007 with Jamal Lewis.
Posted By: Knight Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/26/18 01:29 AM
My least favorite Jamal Lewis game...when put up 295 yards on us wearing a Ravens uniform. Ouch! tongue
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/26/18 01:34 AM
Kevin Mack. He ran tough. #34
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/26/18 01:59 AM

None of that addresses the possibility of a team changing their mind on their pick once they've traded into a slot. New information can change minds. For instance, the Jets may have, I don't think they did, tell the Colts they want to take a QB. But then they get new information that makes them rather pick B. Chubbs instead, exactly who the Colts wanted and didn't worry about the Jets taking Chubb 'cause they said, QB.

It's best for everybody to not disclose who they intend to pick.

I meant trading during the draft. If you make a trade like the Jets did then lie away.
Posted By: DeputyDawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/26/18 02:03 AM
If the Jets don't draft a QB at that pick after trading so much away for it, somebody's getting shot. Jets fans don't play around.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/26/18 03:39 AM
Adam Schefter
‏
Verified account

@AdamSchefter
Following Following @AdamSchefter
More
Cowboys are expected to sign former Patriots’ OT Cameron Fleming, per @FieldYates. This means the Patriots are now poised to lose both starting OTs from last season’s Super Bowl.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/977619531068792832
Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/26/18 03:54 AM
Originally Posted By: Pdawg

Cowboys are expected to sign former Patriots’ OT Cameron Fleming, per @FieldYates. This means the Patriots are now poised to lose both starting OTs from last season’s Super Bowl.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/977619531068792832

Somehow, the Patriots will figure it all out and they'll win their division and make another run at the superbowl.

I work with a lot of Patriots fans. There are two truths for them. 1) Tom Brady is a gift from god 2) Have faith in Bill

It's what they live by, it's what they know, and it's what they trust. The Patriots are pretty remarkable. There's no questioning that
Posted By: Hammer Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/26/18 04:00 AM
2 words - Dante Scarnecchia.

That is why they won't skip a beat on the OL.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/26/18 10:46 AM

I'm very excited.

Honestly, at 4 I want Saquon Barkley above all at this point. More offensive firepower.

Like the triple threat offense that we had with Chudzinski with Braylon, KW2, and Jamal Lewis.

I agree on the more weapons the better. I just think we can impact the team more by going Chubb at #4 and then drafting a Guise or Michel, or 1-2 others and be well represented in the backfield with the rook, Duke, and Hyde. Dayes? Who knows.
Posted By: ddubia Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/26/18 12:22 PM
I completely agree with that 'peen. Chubbs at #4. Pick up a RB in round 2 or later.
Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/26/18 01:41 PM
I agree on the more weapons the better. I just think we can impact the team more by going Chubb at #4 and then drafting a Guise or Michel, or 1-2 others and be well represented in the backfield with the rook, Duke, and Hyde. Dayes? Who knows.

If Guice is the plan, that's fine. After that, most of the guys i'm not too thrilled with.

Ronald Jones I like a lot, but he seems a lot like Duke Johnson. So I don't see a big benefit there. I like Duke a lot.

Nick Chubb at the end of the second I could get on with.

I'm not a big Sonny Michel guy, although I haven't watched too much of him. But Guice, I like a lot. My issue is, passing on Barkley for Guice, how do we guarantee we get Guice. And what would it take to get there?

The nice thing is that FA seemed to set us up with the ability to draft BPA if we want. Carlos Hyde, Duke Johnson, and a later rookie (don't want Dayes) wouldn't be bad.

So yeah, of course Bradley Chubb and Guice would be optimal. I just don't think Guice will be there at our second round pick. And I'm not sure what it woudl take to move up into the first to get him (best case scenario either way because you get him for six years with the fifth year option and one year franchise tag, without having to sign him to a long-term deal)
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/26/18 01:45 PM
The nice thing is that FA seemed to set us up with the ability to draft BPA if we want.

This.

In FA (and trades) we address QB, WR, and DB which I think were our biggest holes. We addressed RB which was another hole to fill with the Crow leaving.

Not to say that we are done with any of those positions, but we are not in as desperate of shape as we once were. So we can go BPA and not have to reach in order to fill a particular position.
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/26/18 01:46 PM

I'm included in this. I thought/knew Landry was good, but the more I watch and read - safe to say I was sleeping a little. This dude is like JT too, always available and ready to play. His stats speak for themselves.

If you're like me, take the 10 minutes or so and go Google and look at what he's accomplished. So glad he's here.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/26/18 01:50 PM
I've followed his career and he was my number one FA target months and months ago. He's a very good wide receiver.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/26/18 01:59 PM
You need to watch Michel. He's good.

I am not down on Barkley. In any normal year, he would be head and shoulders above any 2nd round back you could select...at least on paper....but this isn't a normal year. There is a bevy of really good backs.

To me it just boils down to how to impact the team most, and in my estimation, Chubb and one of the other backs does more than Barkley and a 2nd round defender.

Now if Chubb is gone, Barkley becomes a very serious option. I haven't really thought much about Barkley and whoever v Fitz and whoever.

We keep assuming we will have three 2nd round picks. Maybe we trade a couple of them to work back in to the 1st round. My feeling is if we do draft Barkley, we might move back up. If we don't draft Bark, we almost have to stick high in the 2nd to get a back.

Then again, Dorsey has shown the ability to draft backs mid round who turn out pretty good. With so much talk about the 5-6 really well known backs, some of the guys with lesser exposure get lost in the mix.
Posted By: eotab Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 03/26/18 02:04 PM
I like Michel also.

But I still hope we take Barkley at #4.

I think it might be between him or Ward at #4. A lot Pending on Haley and Williams getting the ear of Dorsey...lol laugh
Posted By: TONY Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 04/07/18 02:57 PM
Get ready to move the chains. Hopefully, we can put up 30 or more a game. I think it happens if we get Barkley at #4. We will spank the Steelers and the Ravens!
Posted By: SunDawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 04/07/18 03:18 PM
Has there been any news of a new deal for Landry? Haven't seen anything myself.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 04/07/18 04:30 PM
Originally Posted By: SunDawg
Has there been any news of a new deal for Landry? Haven't seen anything myself.
i bet we wait until after the draft
Posted By: TONY Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 04/07/18 04:33 PM
I bet you are right!
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 04/07/18 06:32 PM
No .. Landry wants to wait til after the season for now ...
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 04/12/18 02:56 PM
I'm told that the #Browns and WR Jarvis Landry are close to finalizing a long-term deal that averages over $15/yr, per sources.

https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/984444900522561536?s=19
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 04/12/18 03:01 PM
It will be interesting to see how the numbers wash out.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 04/12/18 03:16 PM
The #Browns and WR Jarvis Landry are going to agree to terms on a 5-year, $75.5M extension, sources say. He gets $47M guaranteed… crazy for those who considered him a slot receiver.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/984447267758313472
Posted By: TBrown4 Browns and Landry finalizing an extention - 04/12/18 03:27 PM
Just saw this come across my phone but they are in the process of finalizing a deal $75.5 million with $47 guaranteed.

Extention for Landry
Dorsey isn't messing around ... thumbsup
The structure will be interesting. $47 guaranteed could mean that the Browns could get out after 3 years, if for some reason they wanted to.
Good news. Get him locked up now and there are no contract distractions moving forward.
good news, he was going to get paid regardless
Elite money for a not so elite receiver.

Wow you are never happy are you ... superconfused
Agree with this, but I hope we are both wrong..lol.

Jarvis does some things really well, and has been a borderline top 15/20 receiver. I love his hands, and is a great route runner. I just worry about his YAC.

Really hope we see him improve his explosiveness in a new offense and take his game to an elite level. I guess I am really hoping Vers and Pit are right and we are wrong, and he does prove to be elite.
lol Really he has 400 catches in his first 4 years superconfused
awesome news!!
Originally Posted By: BigWillieStyle
Agree with this, but I hope we are both wrong..lol.

Jarvis does some things really well, and has been a borderline top 15/20 receiver. I love his hands, and is a great route runner. I just worry about his YAC.

Really hope we see him improve his explosiveness in a new offense and take his game to an elite level. I guess I am really hoping Vers and Pit are right and we are wrong, and he does prove to be elite.

He should be a great weapon, especially for Taylor who throws a lot of shorter, lower risk stuff.
Landry is a 1st down machine ... thumbsup
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Browns to trade for Jarvis Landry - 04/12/18 04:01 PM
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg
The #Browns and WR Jarvis Landry are going to agree to terms on a 5-year, $75.5M extension, sources say. He gets $47M guaranteed… crazy for those who considered him a slot receiver.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/984447267758313472

He must be a coin-slot receiver.
Posted By: eotab Re: Browns and Landry finalizing an extention - 04/12/18 04:02 PM
Back in the day we called those WRs the possession WR. Now they call them a slot WR or something like that. He's a perfect WR to line up across from Gordon.

jmho
Posted By: Swish Re: Browns and Landry finalizing an extention - 04/12/18 04:07 PM
Agreed EO. He's good and can be better in our O with the guys we have. If nothing else JL can catch the ball!!! thumbsup
Posted By: eotab Re: Browns and Landry finalizing an extention - 04/12/18 04:16 PM
So that's what a WR looks like...
I'm hoping that his presence makes Gordon much better
(not to mention a decent QB)

don’t care how much money Jimmy Haslam gives a Pro Bowl wide receiver.

And I also hope that Gordon can, if he's playing, make Juice better. Feed off one another.

I don't care about the money given, we're going to have to pay up for star caliber players. I expected it as soon as the trade was announced, and happy it came to fruition by regular season and etc.

Handling more business John, I dig it.

This.

Assuming (hoping) all the parts mesh ( Tyrod, Haley, OLine, RB stable, etc)
Posted By: BDU Re: Browns and Landry finalizing an extention - 04/12/18 04:49 PM

Which, in my opinion, is the best trait in a wide receiver when you bring in a young quarterback for development.

In Gordon, we've got our Julio Jones. Jarvis Landry gives us our sure-handed possession receiver, like Roddy White.
Don’t forget about me .. I LOVE this dude ....

Is he elite? .. dont know, dont care ... HES REALLY GOOD and he CATCHES THE F’NG BALL ...

thumbsup
Don’t forget about me .. I LOVE this dude ....

Is he elite? .. dont know, dont care ... HES REALLY GOOD and he CATCHES THE F’NG BALL ...

thumbsup

Palms out... wink
rofl ...

That was GREAT ... glad my tea was all gone .... thanks for the laugh bro ...

And cause of u ... i even know what that means now ... thumbsup
thing i love with landry and he can hell the other players on this team with is the fact, he never waits on the ball. he attacks the ball and guys that do that are guys that catch the ball. those that wait already talked themselves out of a catch.
Jarvis Landry just got 5/75 for having 987 yards on 160 targets.

https://twitter.com/IanKenyonNFL/status/984449282408370177

SO!!!! What!!!!! He is more than a guy who catches footballs. They are paying for passion, energy, attitude... things that many offenses don't have! Not everyone appreciates the big plays, we respect the plays that receivers fear to make. Like blocking a LB/ safety or a DE!
https://twitter.com/Mathieu_Era/status/984464084648116224
that's a lot of money for guy who averaged less than 10 yds a catch last year and his td to catch ratio isn't the greatest either.
I know you have lock up your talent
but I think the Browns did overpay for a poor man's Kevin Johnson
I see the Bowe/Britt experience didn't make anyone gun shy with another vet receiver.
Landry is an amazing WR. Don't look at his yardage because it's very misleading. Even when this guy was tripled teamed they couldn't stop him from catching the ball. He is fearless when catching the ball but he is also smart with his body when he can be. It's very rare to see such a fearless WR who just does his job. I'm very happy that we are locking up him up for the prime of his career.
Beyond what Landry can do on the field, I have to say I have been very impressed with his attitude since being traded.

He has been scheduling workouts with the team, recruiting other players to come to Cleveland. That is the type of guy we want.

I like the deal.
7th in yards after catch
7th in first downs
tied for 4th in TDS
1st in receptions
excellent in the run game as a blocker

people seem to forget how vital that receiver is that is willing to work underneath picking up the grunt yards. We got a hell of a receiver and honestly, I really dont give a damn if we overpaid or not.

oo and on a sidenote, the kid can catch the ball, credited with 3 drops with 112 catches.
Originally Posted By: Mourgrym
7th in yards after catch
7th in first downs
tied for 4th in TDS
1st in receptions
excellent in the run game as a blocker

people seem to forget how vital that receiver is that is willing to work underneath picking up the grunt yards. We got a hell of a receiver and honestly, I really dont give a damn if we overpaid or not.

oo and on a sidenote, the kid can catch the ball, credited with 3 drops with 112 catches.

He should prove to be a good complement to Flash.
I see the Bowe/Britt experience didn't make anyone gun shy with another over the hill vet receiver.

Fixed it for you...and your welcome wink
Thank god u decided to bring up the fact he

CATCHES THE F’NG BALL!!!!

I like that in my WR’s ... especially my MOVE THE CHAINS MACHINE WR ....

PS. Folks forget just how bad Miami’s pass O was last year ... PUTRID ...
is his age like 25 still?
Browns fans are the best in the league at complaining about the team being bad, and also complaining about the team getting better. I have no doubt that if we traded a bucket of KFC for Aaron Rodgers right now, people would complain about it not being a McDonalds happy meal, or would be saying Rodgers sucks. Seems like an awful lot of complaining just to complain.
Remarkable move IMO. Cost of doing business in this environment.

So, he may be better than Britt? This I gotta see!
What a pleasant change of pace to the usual picks, sacks, strips, and such we saw. All year.

Just "See ball. Catch ball." Refreshing that!

Why, he must get separation on a regular basis. My mind is swimming.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Browns and Landry finalizing an extention - 04/12/18 08:22 PM
$47 million guaranteed is a ton for Jarvis Landry. He needs to be more than he has been in the past to make this contract worth it.
is his age like 25 still?

Yep. 26 in November.
$47 million guaranteed is a ton for Jarvis Landry. He needs to be more than he has been in the best to make this contract worth it.

rofl ...
How it's structured is everything. If his entire 1st year and 2nd year salaries are guaranteed for example...
$47 million guaranteed is a ton for Jarvis Landry. He needs to be more than he has been in the past to make this contract worth it.

If he catches 110 balls for 1,000 yards and has 7 or 8 TDs.. I'm ok with that. Plus, and I don't want to jinx this, he tends to stay on the field... and that's important.
In his 4 seasons with Miami,he is credited with 12 drops.
Yes,that is 12 drops,total,in 4 years.Think about that.

He is basically a more athletic Kevin Johnson.
3 Pro Bowls in 4 years? I didn't know that. He's young and can play at a high level, he catches the ball, and looks damn good after the catch fighting for yards; what more can you ask for?
Quote:
what more can you ask for?

He's missed 2 games in the last 3 years...
Posted By: MrTed Re: Browns and Landry finalizing an extention - 04/12/18 09:34 PM
Anyone think this might not have been a little over budget in order to motivate Josh?
Originally Posted By: MrTed
Anyone think this might not have been a little over budget in order to motivate Josh?

No, I think that is just what it takes to have his services here with our track record of losing, and be happy in doing so.
Posted By: MrTed Re: Browns and Landry finalizing an extention - 04/12/18 09:40 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB

No, I think that is just what it takes to have his services here with our track record of losing, and be happy in doing so.

I don’t know anything about him other than what I’ve read here, looks good to me. Just floating a thought.

Either way, I don’t doubt that it’s in Gordon’s head how much is on the table now that he’s on the right track.
I'm sure Josh knew how much money he has been leaving on the table the last couple years and I hope it motivates him but I doubt this contract had anything to do with Josh.

We got a very high quality WR, we probably overpaid a little but we have to accept that nobody is going to come here and re-sign without a little extra cheese.. it's just not going to happen.

Landry is being paid with folks like AJ Green and Julio Jones.... he's just not the big play, down the field kind of threat they are.. he has a different specialty/skill set..
It damn sure shows Josh he CAN GET PAID though. Would have me focused if I was him, that's for sure.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Browns and Landry finalizing an extention - 04/12/18 10:01 PM
3 Pro Bowls in 4 years? I didn't know that. He's young and can play at a high level, he catches the ball, and looks damn good after the catch fighting for yards; what more can you ask for?

The Pro Bowls are meaningless. We should all know that by now.

I want more catches down the field. If Landry can do that, along with the short yardage completions, he will be worth this contract.

I don’t know anything about him other than what I’ve read here, looks good to me. Just floating a thought.

Either way, I don’t doubt that it’s in Gordon’s head how much is on the table now that he’s on the right track.

Or it might be a small helping mechanism to get/make him continue to stay on the right track. We all, including Josh himself, knows what he's capable of and a GM is dang sure going to reward him... if he plays.
All of our WRs combined, last year, had 78 catches for 1st downs.

Jarvis Landry had 60 by himself.

A guy that can help move the chains consistently has value.

As far as Gordon, he was an ERFA this year, and is paid as such. He will be an RFA next year, so we can decide what form his potential free agency takes. However, if he manages to get through this off-season clean, this coming season, and then into next off-season, I would be surprised if we don't sign him longer term. (assuming he continues to produce on the field)
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Browns and Landry finalizing an extention - 04/12/18 10:04 PM
Quote:
My tweet was more about Allen and the fit than Landry, but for reference, out of the 92 wideouts with 100 catches or more since 2014, Landry’s turned 55.3% of his catches into first downs, which ranks 81st

https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/984456237009068032
JC...

Every year contracts get bigger and bigger, its part of the game...

Let this sink in...Donte Moncreif caught 26 passes last year for 2 TDs and got around 10 mill from Jacksonville...Laundry has averaged over 100 catches for 4 years straight and had 9 TDs last year and got around 15 mill a season...He is noted by many to having the top or very near best hands in the league, runs sharp routes, gives actual effort till the whistle...

Gordon, Coleman, Louis, Higgins all combined had 5 TDs amongst the 4 of them...
J/C here.

Wow, some of you blokes must be happy with:

A - Leading the league in cap space like its your freakin' money you don't want to spend.
B - Probably leading the league in 3rd and long for the past 20 years
C - Having the worst WR Core in the league for God knows how long.
D - Actually, all the above.

We are on the verge of locking up a legit player and making the roster and our chances of actually moving chains on game day instead of drop, incomplete, drop, punt, rinse, repeat - and y'all have sand in your lady bits.

Pull your heads in. smile
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Browns and Landry finalizing an extention - 04/12/18 10:34 PM
Originally Posted By: Riddler
J/C here.

A - Leading the league in cap space like its your freakin' money you don't want to spend.

A - Cap space can be rolled over into future years
B - I never said Landry was bad.
C - Acquiring Landry was a good move for the price. Signing Landry for this much money could be a bad move.
Signing Landry for this much money could be a bad move.

If he resembles anything of a Kenny Britt or Dwyane Bowe, I'm literally done with FA WRs at that stage. 100% done. Draft and play all rookies at that position, if need be.

Who was our last decent/good FA WR? Joe Jurevicious? Even if he was hurt a lot, I still can't remember a more productive free agent WR we signed. I'm an old man though so it might just not be clicking lol.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Browns and Landry finalizing an extention - 04/12/18 10:49 PM
Who was our last decent/good FA WR?

Probably Andrew Hawkins. Miles Austin also made some big plays, but I don't know if I'd call him "good".
Who was our last decent/good FA WR?

Probably Andrew Hawkins. Miles Austin also made some big plays, but I don't know if I'd call him "good".

Ahh Hawk, I would have to agree... gzz that wasn't even long ago and I forgot haha.
$47 million guaranteed is a ton for Jarvis Landry. He needs to be more than he has been in the best to make this contract worth it.

rofl ...

Some people complain because they like to complain.

I want more catches down the field. If Landry can do that, along with the short yardage completions, he will be worth this contract.

Short passes in stride with YAC are good to have too. He's good at that.

So, you're saying he's not gonna fit in here.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Browns and Landry finalizing an extention - 04/13/18 12:51 AM

Right. But he’s getting paid like he’s Julio Jones or A.J. Green.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Browns and Landry finalizing an extention - 04/13/18 12:53 AM

rofl ...

Or some people have valid concerns that they like to voice.
Check out 4:42.

Excited about him!
Posted By: BpG Re: Browns and Landry finalizing an extention - 04/13/18 01:31 AM
I would much rather have the cap space "problems" that the Cheifs have than the cap space non problems the Browns have had for the past 5 years.
Originally Posted By: Riddler
J/C here.

We are on the verge of locking up a legit player and making the roster and our chances of actually moving chains on game day instead of drop, incomplete, drop, punt, rinse, repeat - and y'all have sand in your lady bits.

Pull your heads in. smile

Exclude me please

Did you not see Sammy Watkins contract?
Posted By: BpG Re: Browns and Landry finalizing an extention - 04/13/18 01:52 AM
Market rate, cap going up every season, some "get off my lawners" are going to complain every off-season about guys getting too much money.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Browns and Landry finalizing an extention - 04/13/18 02:25 AM
Originally Posted By: bringbackbernie

Did you not see Sammy Watkins contract?

Yes. It is also probably bad. Landry also is getting $17 million more guaranteed than Watkins.

I like Landry and think he will play well. Players like him don’t usually get paid this much.
Glad he's locked in.

I really don't care what his contract is, either.... some of you worry about it, and I know the cap is a factor in long-term, but he is a good player who will help us, he'll be in tyrod's wheelhouse, too. Has good character.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Browns and Landry finalizing an extention - 04/13/18 02:34 AM
Originally Posted By: BpG
Market rate, cap going up every season, some "get off my lawners" are going to complain every off-season about guys getting too much money.

Market rate if he’s a #1 receiver.
Posted By: cle23 Re: Browns and Landry finalizing an extention - 04/13/18 02:45 AM
Is Sammy Watkins a #1? Because he got $16 million a year after a 590 yard season, and 1 career 1000 yard season.

Contracts are through the roof all the way around. Sam "Glass" Bradford got $20 million.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Browns and Landry finalizing an extention - 04/13/18 02:57 AM
Originally Posted By: cle23
Is Sammy Watkins a #1? Because he got $16 million a year after a 590 yard season, and 1 career 1000 yard season.

Contracts are through the roof all the way around. Sam "Glass" Bradford got $20 million.

Using bad contracts to justify Landry’s contract is a horrible argument. Also, Landry got $17 million more guaranteed than Watkins.
Quote:

Except he's really not.
The bottom line is Landry is probably better than what we've had... But is he worth 15 million per year? The stats say no.

Watkins and Landry were probably both signed to contracts based on potential. If they don't produce like the money dictates, they'll be let go.
He is a 3 time Pro Bowler .. outside of a Left Tackle and possibly a Center, how many offensive Players have made the Pro Bowl 3 times for the Browns since the return?
The computer froze in the middle of my reply.

I feel like "Tommy Boy" trying to explain the other guys warranty.
I suspect that Landry's deal could easily become a 3 year deal, if necessary.
Posted By: eotab Re: Browns and Landry finalizing an extention - 04/13/18 05:45 AM
Kevin Johnson...are you kidding and poor mans version to boot. Kid knows where the chains are its as if he see that YELLOW LINE across the field love the way he turns up field and then dives for the first or explodes into the side of a defender (not head on) to burst forward and get that first.

Guy is excellent and the perfect guy if we achieve a vertical stretch and horizontal stretch...that is a lot of space he will find. Its like everything that we actually envisioned Hawkins to be...just 10 times better.

If he earns it, he's worth it. If he doesn't, he isn't.
It ain't rocket surgery, and since the NFL plays with monopoly money, the numbers don't really matter much (yet).

I just hope that Dorsey (or whatever his name is) has cured himself of his past habits of spending like a drunken sailor on shore leave... otherwise, we'll go from having tons of cap space to being in Cap Hell in just a few years like we did under Butch Davis.

rofl ...

Or some people have valid concerns that they like to voice.

No doubt.

I guess I don't care what we are paying him. It wouldn't do us much good to have him as a one and done. Considering where we have been, I consider this refreshing news.

Had we been winning 10 games a season, I would probably agree with you, but we haven't.

We are at the point where the way to salary cap is structured, vets are getting the money and rookies aren't. We are signing some vets. To do so, they are going to get paid.

Much depends on the structure of the deal. I am sure it will be heavy towards the front so if we want to get out of it in 3-4 years, we won't have tons of dead money.

One of the knocks on Dorsey was cap management. I am not sure who is watching over that for us at this point, but right now I am sure the word from Haslam is to get some players signed and start winning games.

Let's worry about the cap when it becomes a problem. Right now, we have no worries for a few years. We can't keep carrying 70 mil in cap space and expect to be relevant.

Landry is a good receiver. He may not be the downfield threat, but he is very good at getting open underneath. Match him with Taylor and we are going to see the chains move. I don't see a downside to that.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Browns and Landry finalizing an extention - 04/13/18 11:27 AM
Quote:
Landry got $17 million more guaranteed than Watkins

and He deserved more than Watkins

Watkins has Averaged 48 catches per year over the last 4 years for an average of 763 yards, and 6 TD's

Landry has averaged 100 catches per year in the same time frame to go along with an average of 1010 yards per year and 5.5 TD's

In the last 2 seasons alone Landy has 139 more catches for 1,100 more yards and 3 more TD's.
Posted By: cle23 Re: Browns and Landry finalizing an extention - 04/13/18 12:30 PM
Originally Posted By: cle23

Using bad contracts to justify Landry’s contract is a horrible argument. Also, Landry got $17 million more guaranteed than Watkins.

I'm not justifying bad contract I'm simply saying that that is what contracts are now. The salary-cap has exploded and because of that contracts are through the roof even for average players. Landry is more than an average player.
15/year for a 25 year old 3 time pro bowler is a bargain. Especially when its been such a big hole on our team. That 15/year means he met all incentives and that should mean he was highly productive. With only 9/year guaranteed, can't say that's too difficult to swallow
© DawgTalkers.net