Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
its apparent Coleman wasnt catching on to Haleys new system combined with his off the field incidents
he was getting passed up on the depth chart by a guy out of football for a year and guys that frankly had a better work ethic.
He showed nothing on the field that warranted his 1st rd status

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Here is a crazy conspiracy. Perhaps Coleman was traded for next to nothing had more to do w/Corey Coleman than any one other single person in the organization?

Dude, you just blew my mind. Now I gotta get the tin foil and make a hat ...

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Nothing is apparent,except that he's gone.
The reason,or reasons,is ripe for speculation.

Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If he had been a 4th rounder, he would have been playing for the BC Lions by now but Sashi was dumbenough to spend a #15 overall on him. He has been the target of our QBs a few times in camp when they thew picks and I would imagine that his inability to adjust his routes to what the defense is giving him is why he is gone. Dude just sucked at everything and had a crap attitude about it.

Legend
Legend
There it is ....Josh Allen wins Rookie of the year.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
Put Njoku in the slot. I like Devalve, but he's not a competent blocker at this point. Fells can't block either. If we are running 2 & 3 TE sets, that are not primarily out of the shotgun then teams will murder us.

Where do you get that Fells can't block? That's his best quality.

Ian Rapoport
‏
Verified account

@RapSheet
Following Following @RapSheet
More
As free agency takes shape in a depth-starved class, interest comes in surprising places. Blocking TEs like #Lions Darren Fells, #Raiders Lee Smith & #Broncos Virgil Green, for instance, are all going to earn more than expected because of poor draft talent there & lack of options

How adding TE Darren Fells impacts the Browns
https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2018/03/20/darren-fells-addition-and-how-it-impacts-browns/

. The brief flashes of receiving from Fells may not show up for the Browns, but his consistency as a blocker will be a welcomed addition.

Darren Fells brings physicality, experience to promising Browns TE group
https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/dar...browns-te-group

“I don't have Seth or David's speed, but the height definitely helps. I feel like my hands are very reliable. I try to make sure I catch everything that's thrown my way. If they're going to have me run routes that way, I'll do it to the best of my ability,” Fells said. “I know I'm block first. They brought me here to help with the run game. I'm going to focus on that first.
“Anything they want me to do I'm going to go out full speed and do it.”

Browns agree with tight end Darren Fells on three-year, $12 million deal
https://www.ohio.com/akron/sports/nfl/br...12-million-deal

The Browns have David Njoku and Seth DeValve at tight end, but they’re known for their receiving skills. The team needed better blocking at the position, and the 6-foot-7, 270-pound Fells is known as one of the better blocking tight ends in the NFL.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Here is a crazy conspiracy. Perhaps Coleman was traded for next to nothing had more to do w/Corey Coleman than any one other single person in the organization?

Crazy, huh?

Absurd! rofl

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
There it is ....Josh Allen wins Rookie of the year.

Allen is likely to snap his hands off. If I were making an animated comic about the NFL, I'd have the Browns shipping Coleman wrapped in bubble-wrap to Buffalo, only to have Josh Allen great him at the door with a pass that shatters his body into a thousand pieces of glass. Then the Buffalo management asking if they still had the receipt.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Just not too familiar with his NFL career. I just remember him coming from college basketball and thought he was one of those new-age TE's. My bad. Glad I'm mistaken. Doesn't change what I said. We put 3 TEs out there from under center and we're going to be asking for a death sentence.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: tru_dawgs
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Originally Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper
Art Briles is in Italy now. he better not cross the Camorra.
the list of Baylor busts is lengthy
Phil.Taylor
Kendall Wright
Jason Smith
Corey Coleman
RG3.
Baylor hasnt put a decent player since Thomas Everett

Bryce Petty. Duh.

In all seriousness the guys from Baylor are pretty bad.

http://pfref.com/tiny/PkanS

Terrance Williams and Kendall Wright (who were going to draft instead of Brandon Weeden) aren't horrible and RGIII could have been good under the right circumstances.

What was the name of that RG from Baylor who was a huge bust for Philly...I think he was also a trained fireman too...and was considered a safe 1st round pick...and he was garbage...I cant recall it was probably 5 years ago.

Danny Watkins.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
my buddy is a Bills fan ... he's ecstatic about this move. Thinks Coleman is worth the low risk. I kinda agree (though, I don't disagree with US getting rid of him either)

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:
31 percent of balls directed at Corey Coleman were "off target" last season. That was third-highest among 84 wide receivers with 50+ targets. #Bills

https://twitter.com/MikeClayNFL/status/1026541615123329024

We gave Coleman away the same way we gave Justin Gilbert away. There had to be stuff going on that we don't know about.

Legend
Legend
We really need to hire a "VP of College Player Background Checking"

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:
31 percent of balls directed at Corey Coleman were "off target" last season. That was third-highest among 84 wide receivers with 50+ targets. #Bills

We gave Coleman away the same way we gave Justin Gilbert away. There had to be stuff going on that we don't know about.
I read a few places that Kenny Britt poisoned his attitude and work ethic .. and he just never had the health or desire

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Quote:

I read a few places that Kenny Britt poisoned his attitude and work ethic .. and he just never had the health or desire

If true, is Kenny Britt the worst free agent signing ever or what?

O
Legend
Legend
O

Crazy, huh?

Hehehehe, I was just going to post something like that...

Injuries (hand, soft tissue)?
Trouble catching the ball?
Trouble running routes?
Trouble getting separation?

Take your pick.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I said it at the time....I don't know if anyone can mentally overcome dropping a pass to clinch an 0-16 season.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Maybe they were off target because he wasn't in the right spot when he was supposed to.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Guess his latest soft tissue injury was the last thing before all hope was lost by our staff. I'm on record saying I didn't think Corey had a chance. Glad we could get "something" although a 7th rounder is virtually nothing. Pathetic a first rounder given away for pretty close to nothing.

Yet another horrible, horrible and outright horrible first round pick by none other than the Cleveland Browns. Bye bye...

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Coleman was told this was a "Make it or Break it year." I guess he broke it ...

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

Did he pass his physical today?

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Quote:

You’re right. DeShone Kizer and Kevin Hogan were actually very accurate.

Maybe they were off target because he wasn't in the right spot when he was supposed to.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
As of 1:15pm, Coleman had not shown up yet to the Bills practice facility.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
V
Legend
Legend
V
Thanks mac.

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
According to Segura, he had issues off the field. His attitude was bad and he didn't put in the work needed. He and Jim Donavan both said they thought he would be gone way sooner. They talked as if nobody had any interest in him.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
T
Legend
Legend
T
The Browns are consistent in two ways. Winning is a challenge is #2.

#1 is, No other team in any of major league pro sports that I can think of, regulary parts with contributors

the Way the Browns regulary part with offensive skilled position contrbutors, Qb, TE, Rb, Wr,
and or the way the Browns are unique in the way they can chose any day of the CALANDAR YEAR! to pull off a move like this

unlike any other NFL team you might see. Whether it's Joe Haden, or Terelle Pryor, or the TE from 2015-2016, or Travis Benjamin, (you name it).

It does no good to sit here and Whine that Corey Coleman will score ABSOLUTE ZERO Td's for the Browns in 2018.

Exit Stage right >>.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
B
All Pro
All Pro
B
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
Just not too familiar with his NFL career.

Then why make a statement stating he can’t block?

[color:"white"]I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane -Waylon Jennings
O
Legend
Legend
O
There was more to him leaving than just not getting it done. We have scrubs on the team that are worse than him. Now had they got to cuts and traded him I would understand this more as a talent cut/trade. Hard to believe we could even get a sixth rounder. 7th round conditional? wth?

All Pro
All Pro
Could it be that they want Dez? What a shocker! Coleman for a 7th rd pick in 2020. Doesn't make sense!

Exciting football will be back in Cleveland this fall!
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: TONY
Could it be that they want Dez? What a shocker! Coleman for a 7th rd pick in 2020. Doesn't make sense!

Same as cutting him unless we land the next brady-esque late rounder with that pick.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
There was more to him leaving than just not getting it done. We have scrubs on the team that are worse than him.

first round pick vs scrubs...who wins when a first rounder cant catch that one in the Steelers game last season.I cant see anything more to it.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Ok.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Not suprised by the Coleman trade, the guy is like the Justin Gilbert of the offense. In the clutch moment he always chokes. The drop that hit him right in the chest last year against the steelers to seal our 0-16 was it for me, any average NFL receiver makes that catch. No excuse..

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I think Coleman has a worse rep than he deserves. I hope he is successful in Buffalo. Definitely not the best situation there however...

Cleveland Browns, Space Browns
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: CleVeLaNd_sTrife
I think Coleman has a worse rep than he deserves. I hope he is successful in Buffalo. Definitely not the best situation there however...

What more evidence do you need to get traded for a 7th, being a first? He's earned his reputation and quite clearly the front office would agree literally accepting anything to move on.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
j/c

Per Ben Allbright, apparently Coleman has quite the night life spending thousands a night on strippers and partying. Browns didn't want him to influence the young receivers especially antonio callaway.

Probably a smart move and hence the reason to unload him for whatever they could get.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Like I said yesterday, we upgraded our WR room.

gmstrong

-----------------

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

Same as cutting him unless we land the next brady-esque late rounder with that pick.

It was a salary dump. We saved a bunch of money by trading him instead of cutting him.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

It was a salary dump. We saved a bunch of money by trading him instead of cutting him.

It was also a deadweight dump.

gmstrong

-----------------

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Corey Coleman Traded to Bills

Link Copied to Clipboard