Originally Posted by PitDAWG
It's the same WR group that everyone said was better without OBJ. Which they clearly aren't. It's the same WR group everyone claimed was so talented before the season began. Now all of that is true.

A direct answer to your question. As of this time I don't know. Right now the QB is only completing 50% of his passes. It's very hard for me to give you an evaluation of the WR group when the QB is playing so poorly.

No. You are the only person saying that it's all one thing or all the other. Only you. Despite claims that you can't evaluate Baker - everything you write implies that it's all Baker - or all "something else" and the something else is presented as an excuse. It's only you that is suggesting that any contributing factors (like injury, WR's, injuries along the OL and play calling) are being used as none of the issue is Baker. Only you. There's pages for everyone on this site to read through and see that.

And if you don't know that the WR's over the last few weeks that consist of a banged up Landry, Banged up DPJ and Higgins who was behind a WR we just cut is not a stellar core of WR's - then maybe I understand the rest of your struggles with football takes. But I'll have a stab and suggest that instead of accepting what you know to be true - you trot out this excuse to talk about Baker's 50% competition percent instead. You do realize that with poor receivers who can't get open and who drop balls ... it impacts the completion % right? Yes - Baker has played really badly and missed wide open receivers, he's played badly and missed WR's who might have been open with better throws .... but our WR's have also dropped balls and struggled all by themselves. We even had a Super Bowl Winning MVP QB break that down and show folks ... but you chose not to accept that piece of film study. Carry on.

The more things change the more they stay the same.