x

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#1846702 - 02/04/21 01:51 PM Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV [Re: willitevachange]
RocketOptimist Offline

Hall of Famer

New computer coming in.

Ended up getting a system with a 3070.

#1846741 - 02/04/21 05:07 PM Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV [Re: willitevachange]
Spergon FTWynn Offline

Legend

Loc: 16 spots ahead of Tom Brady
More Cyberpunk thoughts...

I am still enjoying the game despite the fact that the game at times can struggle to run (especially when driving)

The main story and all the sub stories are good, and interesting, and i find myself getting hooked to a lot of these characters

The gameplay with weapons is awesome. Shooting guns in this game is so much fun

Night City is beautiful, I just wish there was more to do. There are tons of random events that you can partake in, but its mostly just attacking bad guys. With the GTA games you can do all sorts of different activities.

I have had a few crashes on me, but it's not the end of the world, because the game autosaves so much that you don't really lose any ground, you just have to restart the game, and load your game back up

There are no cut scenes in this game, you are involved in every conversation, you can't even really put your controller down because you may have to say something back, or ask a question

I do bet this game will look and run incredible whenever they decide to release it on ps5.

#1846802 - 02/05/21 08:42 AM Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV [Re: Spergon FTWynn]
oobernoober Offline

Hall of Famer

Loc: Cinci
I ended up shelving Cyberpunk until the bulk of the updates are out and have pulled way back from Division 2. I've burnt myself out on that game and it's just not fun to me anymore. They just don't advance the story at all. I've also dropped Destiny since right before the last major release.

Lately, I've been slowly getting through Metal Gear 5 and just picked up Ghost Recon Wildlands. The latter has always gotten a LOT of love, and I was shocked to see how much it cost despite being a 5+ year old game. It's sequel (Breakpoint only came out ~2 years ago?) is already bargain bin fodder.

But the real reason why I'm posting...? Mass Effect Legendary Edition is up for preorder! LET'S GOOOOOOOOO!

-PrplPplEater

#1846806 - 02/05/21 09:15 AM Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV [Re: oobernoober]
Spergon FTWynn Offline

Legend

Originally Posted By: oobernoober
I ended up shelving Cyberpunk until the bulk of the updates are out and have pulled way back from Division 2. I've burnt myself out on that game and it's just not fun to me anymore. They just don't advance the story at all. I've also dropped Destiny since right before the last major release.

Lately, I've been slowly getting through Metal Gear 5 and just picked up Ghost Recon Wildlands. The latter has always gotten a LOT of love, and I was shocked to see how much it cost despite being a 5+ year old game. It's sequel (Breakpoint only came out ~2 years ago?) is already bargain bin fodder.

But the real reason why I'm posting...? Mass Effect Legendary Edition is up for preorder! LET'S GOOOOOOOOO!

How is MG5? I got it on the cheap a few years ago but never got around to playing it?

I heard Wildlands was cool too, havent played but i loved the old GR games back in the day

#1846809 - 02/05/21 09:47 AM Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV [Re: Spergon FTWynn]
oobernoober Offline

Hall of Famer

Over the last few years (Destiny and Division 1 through the sequels, and now Sea of Thieves) I've tended more towards online games. In the middle of continuously playing those games, we had our son and I suddenly found the value of games that have a true pause button. So keeping that in mind, MG5 has functioned as a great 'put down/pick up' type of game.

I never played the earlier MG games... so I think a lot of the storyline is wasted on me. My opinion is that if played at least some of the previous games you could get REALLY into this game. For me, though, I find big parts of the story really weird/odd. I think that might be part of the charm, though. Stuff that's just ridiculous. I'll put it this way, I LOVE the Splinter Cell games, and so similarly I like this MG game, though I'd prefer a Tom Clancy story to a Kojima story. I know that's sacrilege to some... but again, I never played the previous games, so I think I'm just missing that connection.

I don't like a lot of the characters. Some don't get developed at all, and others are just so ridiculous. Voice acting is spot on, though. Kiefer Sutherland as Snake? Hell yeah!

The gameplay, though.... dang! So much fun. You can truly play however you want (stealth, snipe, assault), and you're only forced into one of those roles infrequently. The guns, tools, suits offer a TON in terms of tailoring your gameplay to the mission AND your style. You can get lost in the side mission stuff. There's a city/base-building part of the game that has online elements that's almost a whole separate game, and then there's an online/PVP part that I believe (I haven't played it) IS pretty much a whole separate game (tldr... there's a ton of varied content even beyond the main campaign).

Lastly, I don't know the story, but supposedly there's been a major rift between Kojima and Konami. I read somewhere a while back that MG5 might be the last MG game. Don't quote me on that one, though.

Long story short: there's something for EVERYONE in this game, and with it being as old as it is it should be worth the price. While I'm not the biggest fan of the style, the game is so good when people aren't talking, I'm willing to overlook that.

-PrplPplEater

#1846818 - 02/05/21 10:02 AM Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV [Re: oobernoober]
Spergon FTWynn Offline

Legend

If you can find a way to play the original Metal Gear Solid, it's worth it, even with ps1 level graphics. Such a fun game, I think it might be included on the PS Classic. Sons of Liberty was also an incredible game.

It's supposed to get balls cold this weekend, maybe I will bust out the MGSV.

#1846829 - 02/05/21 10:23 AM Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV [Re: Spergon FTWynn]
oobernoober Offline

Hall of Famer

Oof, that's right. You're up in Chicago, right? I was looking at the weather graphics, and here in Cinci is just at the edge of the 'danger zone'.

-PrplPplEater

#1846837 - 02/05/21 11:01 AM Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV [Re: oobernoober]
Spergon FTWynn Offline

Legend

Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Oof, that's right. You're up in Chicago, right? I was looking at the weather graphics, and here in Cinci is just at the edge of the 'danger zone'.

Yeah Chicago, 13 right now, single digits for SB Sunday

I cannot wait until this winter is over

#1848006 - 02/12/21 06:22 PM Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV [Re: willitevachange]
RocketOptimist Offline

Hall of Famer

Playing Control mostly fully maxed on my 3070. It's such a weird story, has some David Lynch qulaities to it, and I'm living the gameplay which is a mix of Last of Us (minus the cover) and Doom 2016 run and gun style.

Give it a shot if you're into creepy sci-fi.

#1848017 - 02/12/21 08:17 PM Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV [Re: willitevachange]
Frenchy Online   happy

Dawg Talker

Loc: Galloway, Ohio
Just picked up Madden 21 for $24.99 at walmart. Finally have a good roster to play online with, lol.

#1848528 - 02/17/21 10:55 AM Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV [Re: RocketOptimist]
Spergon FTWynn Offline

Legend

Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
Playing Control mostly fully maxed on my 3070. It's such a weird story, has some David Lynch qulaities to it, and I'm living the gameplay which is a mix of Last of Us (minus the cover) and Doom 2016 run and gun style.

Give it a shot if you're into creepy sci-fi.

I grabbed that as part of the free game through ps plus. I might try that.

I finally quit on Cyberpunk. I got pretty far, but the game was crashing out a little more. As I said before, it's going to be a fantastic game it's just nowhere near ready.

I am replaying Horizon Zero Dawn. Outside of some really corny story-writing, and voice acting, this game is nearly flawless. The gameplay mechanics are incredible. The visuals on this game are so good. Maybe my favorite ps4 game outside of the witcher 3

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5