Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Palus Politicus Jump to new posts
Re: SCOTUS Hears Trump Imunity Case bonefish 04/28/24 09:27 PM
I do not think it should have gotten that far.
33 394 Read More
Tailgate Forum Jump to new posts
Re: Cleveland Guardians bonefish 04/28/24 09:25 PM
Guardians lost the series but I was very impressed by them.

I live in Atl. so I watch all their games. I have been a fan of the Braves since they were in Milwaukee.

But I also have been a Cleveland fan.

The Guardians grind out their at bats. They work the count. They don't strike out. They show patience at the plate.

They have good pitching. IMO they will win the Central.

Fun team to watch. I am expecting a good season. When they bring up Manzardo. He will add some power. Hopefully at the trade deadline they add some pieces.
71 2,277 Read More
Re: Cleveland Guardians YTownBrownsFan 04/28/24 08:49 PM
Too many big mistakes late. frown
71 2,277 Read More
Re: Cleveland Guardians Pdawg 04/28/24 08:27 PM
Guardians run themselves over into a loss
71 2,277 Read More
Re: SCOTUS Hears Trump Imunity Case Swish 04/28/24 07:54 PM
Jc

Dunno why people are tripping about this. Every time this SCOTUS has made a ruling, it came back to bite conservatives in the butt.

Please, justices. Give the dems another reason to show up to vote in mass like you did with abortion.
33 394 Read More
Everything Else... Jump to new posts
Re: Solo Musicians PitDAWG 04/28/24 07:48 PM

Think what you will of David Bowie he was certainly a very influential and talented solo artist.
45 460 Read More
Re: SCOTUS Hears Trump Imunity Case PitDAWG 04/28/24 07:24 PM
You may wish to wait until they they judge on the case before casting judgement on their decision.
33 394 Read More
Re: SCOTUS Hears Trump Imunity Case bonefish 04/28/24 07:15 PM
The absurdity of questioning an "official act" as president defies any sense of logic.

As president an "official act" could be the president decides to sell nuclear codes to a US adversary Kim Jong Un.

I mean him trump exchanged heart felt love letters.

And trump would claim immunity. Just brilliant. Bravo for SCOTUS.
33 394 Read More
Re: Cleveland Guardians bonefish 04/28/24 02:55 PM
Baseball will sometimes be all about minutiae.

The Guardians score 2 runs and not a ball gets out of the infield.

Sean Murphy pulled an oblique in the first game and has not played since.

Travis d'Arnaud plays about a third in the rotation with Murphy. Chadwick Tromp is a third string catcher with about 10 MLB at bats.

d'Arnaud gets pitched run for. Tromp comes up with the bases loaded and strikes out on three pitches none of which were near the strike zone.

Barlow gets out of bases loaded with nobody out.

Minutiae.

Rubber match today.
71 2,277 Read More
Re: Trump hush Money Trial Set to start On April 15th. Damanshot 04/28/24 01:18 PM
Originally Posted by Jester
I was being facetious.

Nothing wrong with it
We should continue to point it out his falsehoods

I was hoping that was the case.. smile
172 3,288 Read More
Re: Cleveland Guardians Pdawg 04/28/24 02:16 AM
Great game tonight. Excellent starting pitching on both sides. Barlow managed to pull one out of his butt. Good to see. Rubber game tomorrow.
71 2,277 Read More
Re: Poster's Challenge Game jaybird 04/28/24 01:48 AM
baby sit adults
16 626 Read More
Re: Poster's Challenge Game Bard Dawg 04/28/24 12:24 AM
I have gotten paid for making toilets, scabbing in a brass foundry, teaching, gardening, tending bar, writing, bar DJ, and landscaping to name a few. Then I retired, and I found out that I could get paid for that.

Since then, being retired is what I have done best, it pays well enough, and I have decided to stick with it, thanks for asking.
16 626 Read More
Re: CAVS/NBA Bard Dawg 04/28/24 12:14 AM
And crippling to watch. Painful for true fans. I can't believe that I watched us blow about a ten point lead again and lose by 20+. We left many of the same folks out there; second game of missing tons of threes. Our coaches watched it again with many of the same people left out there. We did some damage in the paint and forcing the ball to the rim. And stopped. We are lazy getting back. This next game will probably be more of the same. Saw some real quit today.
180 9,216 Read More
Re: CAVS/NBA Ballpeen 04/27/24 11:47 PM
I think Altman is good. I wouldn't want to lose him because of a inferior coach.
180 9,216 Read More
Re: Poster's Challenge Game lampdogg 04/27/24 11:26 PM
I write stuff -about almost anything really - and take pictures of old folks, kids and adults playing sports, houses burning to the ground, old folks working at soup kitchens, ladling soup, and occasionally interview semi-famous people: three Canadian prime ministers and about a dozen hockey hall of famers, a couple of them legendary, and people who aren’t famous but have interesting stories of their own to tell.

It’s a good thing I can string a few sentences together because it’s the only thing that I do well enough that people will give me money to do it. wink
16 626 Read More
Re: CAVS/NBA Psydeffect 04/27/24 11:13 PM
Lol man.... that had to be the worst 2nd half of basketball I've ever seen.
180 9,216 Read More