Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Tailgate Forum Jump to new posts
Re: CAVS/NBA Ballpeen 04/27/24 11:47 PM
I think Altman is good. I wouldn't want to lose him because of a inferior coach.
179 9,144 Read More
Everything Else... Jump to new posts
Re: Poster's Challenge Game lampdogg 04/27/24 11:26 PM
I write stuff -about almost anything really - and take pictures of old folks, kids and adults playing sports, houses burning to the ground, old folks working at soup kitchens, ladling soup, and occasionally interview semi-famous people: three Canadian prime ministers and about a dozen hockey hall of famers, a couple of them legendary, and people who aren’t famous but have interesting stories of their own to tell.

It’s a good thing I can string a few sentences together because it’s the only thing that I do well enough that people will give me money to do it. wink
14 565 Read More
Re: CAVS/NBA Psydeffect 04/27/24 11:13 PM
Lol man.... that had to be the worst 2nd half of basketball I've ever seen.
179 9,144 Read More
Re: CAVS/NBA Dawgs4Life 04/27/24 09:50 PM
that was EMBARRASSING
179 9,144 Read More
Re: CAVS/NBA Rishuz 04/27/24 09:03 PM
The Cavs are really bad. Problems are in this order 1) JB, 2) lack of development of Mobley, 3) lack of development of Garland, and 4) Garlands inability to perform in the clutch.

There is next to no talent on the Magic. They are a symbol of the current state of the
NBA, a very poor product. You want to drop game 3 to that team, fine. A lot of 4 game series go that way. But to drop game 4 when you are clearly the more talented team by a country mile because you are poorly coached and play with no toughness or heart is something else.

Hopefully they lose the series so the org can get on with blowing it up.
179 9,144 Read More
Palus Politicus Jump to new posts
Re: Trump hush Money Trial Set to start On April 15th. Jester 04/27/24 08:19 PM
I was being facetious.

Nothing wrong with it
We should continue to point it out his falsehoods
171 3,227 Read More
Re: CAVS/NBA Milk Man 04/27/24 07:46 PM
j/c...

Impressive feat!

179 9,144 Read More
Re: Israel at war again. Damanshot 04/27/24 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
It’s me saying you are like PeeWee Herman with your childish comebacks from elementary school. That must have been when you stopped developing mentally. Typical centrist.

Okay Beavis.

Let me explain how being a moderate works.

An extremist can become anorexic because they are so obsessed with not getting fat to the point they die.

Or an extremist may gorge themselves on food because they just can't stop eating and become 400 lbs.

But a moderate eats, enjoys their food but limits their intake to maintain a healthy weight.

So yes, I'm proud to be a moderate.

You think anyone who isn't an extremist has something wrong with them. You just keep drinking that Kool-Aid.

You might also want to point out that a moderate can usually see both sides and try to work for a solution that helps the most people. Not everyone.. Because that's gotta be impossible. But the most people.
368 8,647 Read More
Re: Trump hush Money Trial Set to start On April 15th. Damanshot 04/27/24 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by Jester
Trump making up a bunch of fairytales.
How is that news.

Now trump telling the truth about something, that would be news

Each and Every Day,,, Trump tells us all or tells those that will listen it's Biden's fault. it's this persons fault or it's that persons fault, it's never his fault. EVERYDAY.

SO, what's wrong with repeating over and over again that Trump is full of crap?

Hitler said that if you tell a lie enough times,(paraphrasing) people will believe it's true. So, what's wrong with telling the Truth over and over again.
171 3,227 Read More
Re: Prayers Please GMdawg 04/27/24 07:16 PM
Oh no you got a brain injury too laugh
11 98 Read More
Re: SCOTUS Hears Trump Imunity Case Damanshot 04/27/24 07:08 PM
Originally Posted by WooferDawg
Technically it is the newly elected House that votes. The exact composition is determined in November.

Wow, totally missed that. I think you are correct.. My bad. So if the house flips to Blue, Biden would probably win. Got it. Thanks
29 348 Read More
Re: CAVS/NBA leadtheway 04/27/24 06:48 PM
This team is a joke. The best thing long term that can happen is they lose this series, blow it up and get someone competent in charge. I can’t watch another season with Mobley garland Strus Niang and JB coaching. Just horrible being worked over by a bad team
179 9,144 Read More
Re: Political Jokes Pt. 3 MemphisBrownie 04/27/24 06:19 PM
201 3,607 Read More
Re: Sometimes, We Need Positive Stories PitDAWG 04/27/24 06:12 PM
8 584 Read More
Re: Prayers Please archbolddawg 04/27/24 05:42 PM
Will do.
11 98 Read More
Re: Trump hush Money Trial Set to start On April 15th. Jester 04/27/24 05:29 PM
Trump making up a bunch of fairytales.
How is that news.

Now trump telling the truth about something, that would be news
171 3,227 Read More
Re: Prayers Please EveDawg 04/27/24 05:08 PM
Prayers sent. Hope you feel better!
11 98 Read More
Re: Trump hush Money Trial Set to start On April 15th. PitDAWG 04/27/24 04:12 PM
Fact check: Trump’s false courthouse claims about his trial

Former President Donald Trump delivered a barrage of false claims to media cameras this week as he entered and exited the Manhattan courtroom where he is on trial on charges of falsifying business records in relation to a hush money scheme during the 2016 presidential election.

Here’s a fact check of four of the claims he made about the trial. (For this particular article, we’ll leave aside the false claims he made in the courthouse about a variety of other subjects.)

Courthouse security

After The New York Times published a story that said Trump was unhappy with the meager crowd he saw when he arrived at the courthouse for opening statements on Monday, Trump told reporters inside the courthouse on Tuesday: “For blocks you can’t get near this courthouse.”

He added on social media on Tuesday: “Thousands of people were turned away from the Courthouse in Lower Manhattan by steel stanchions and police, literally blocks from the tiny side door from where I enter and leave. It is an armed camp to keep people away.” And he said in comments inside the courthouse on Thursday: “This courthouse is locked down; there’s not a person within five blocks.”

Facts First: Trump’s claims are all false. The police have not turned away “thousands of people” from the courthouse. And while there are various security measures in place in the area, including some street closures enforced by police officers and barricades, it’s not true that “this courthouse is locked down,” that “for blocks you can’t get near this courthouse” or that “there’s not a person within five blocks.” In reality, there is a designated protest zone for the trial at a park directly across the street from the courthouse – and people are permitted to drive right up to the front of the courthouse and walk into the building, which remains open to the public. If people show up early enough in the morning, they can even get into the trial courtroom itself or the overflow room that shows near-live video of the proceedings.

The reality is that few of Trump’s supporters have chosen to show up. There were well under 100 visible Trump supporters gathered in the protest zone at the outset of the trial in mid-April, and there have often been three or fewer there on subsequent days, according to CNN journalists who have been reporting from the courthouse area.

Michael Cohen’s crimes and Trump

On Monday, Trump said upon leaving the courtroom that the crimes committed by his former lawyer and fixer Michael Cohen “had nothing to do with me.”

Cohen is expected to be a key witness for the prosecution. Trump said: “The things he got in trouble for were things that had nothing to do with me. He got in trouble; he went to jail. This has nothing to do with me. This had to do with the taxicab company that he owned, which is just something he owned – and medallions and borrowing money and a lot of things – but it had nothing to do with me.”

Facts First: Trump’s claim that Cohen’s prison sentence “had nothing to do with me” is false. Cohen’s three-year sentence in 2018 was for multiple crimes, some of which were directly related to Trump. Most notably, Cohen was sentenced for campaign finance offenses connected to a hush money scheme during the 2016 presidential campaign to conceal Trump’s alleged extramarital relationships – the same hush money scheme that is central to this prosecution against Trump. Cohen was also sentenced to two months in prison, to run concurrently with the three-year sentence, for lying to Congress in 2017 in relation to previous talks about the possibility of building a Trump Tower in Moscow, Russia, including about the extent of Trump’s involvement in the aborted Moscow initiative and about when in 2016 the discussions ended. (The discussions continued into June 2016, the month after Trump became the presumptive Republican nominee, and did not conclude in January 2016 before the first votes were cast, as Cohen had claimed.)

Referring to Trump as “Individual-1,” Cohen said at the time of his 2018 guilty plea for making false statements to the US Senate Select Committee on Intelligence: “I made these statements to be consistent with Individual-1’s political messaging and out of loyalty to Individual-1.” When Cohen pleaded guilty in 2018 to the campaign finance violations, he said he broke the law “in coordination and at the direction of a candidate for federal office,” Trump.

The gag order on Trump

Upon leaving the courtroom on Tuesday, Trump approached the cameras, began talking, and complained that he is “not allowed to talk.”

Trump was criticizing Judge Juan Merchan’s gag order on him. Merchan had held a hearing on Tuesday morning to consider prosecutors’ allegations that Trump violated the gag order with a series of online posts, including some in which the presumptive Republican presidential nominee shared others’ articles related to the case on social media.

Trump claimed, “Can’t even allow articles to be put in.” He claimed the articles he is referring to say “the case is a sham.” He added, “I don’t even know if you’re allowed to put them in.” He also claimed that although others are permitted to lie and speak about him, “I’m not allowed to say anything.”

“I’d love to talk to you people, I’d love to say everything that’s on my mind, but I’m restricted because I have a gag order,” Trump said.

Facts First: As he has before, Trump made Merchan’s gag order sound far broader than it is. The gag order does not prohibit Trump from declaring the case a sham or from sharing others’ claims that the case is a sham. It also does not prohibit Trump from speaking to the media about the case, from defending his conduct at issue in the case, from denouncing the judge and district attorney involved in the case, or from campaigning for the presidency with speeches, media interviews and online posts.

Rather, the gag order forbids Trump from three specific categories of speech:

1) Speaking publicly or directing others to speak publicly about known or foreseeable witnesses, specifically about their participation in the case

2) Speaking publicly or directing others to speak publicly about prosecutors (other than Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg), members of the district attorney’s staff and the court staff, or family members of any of these people including Bragg, if those statements are made with the intent to interfere with the case

3) Speaking publicly or directing others to speak publicly about jurors or prospective jurors

In his comments on Tuesday, Trump made the point that an article may have a certain headline that generally denounces the case but, “somewhere deep” in the body of the text, may mention somebody’s name he is not permitted to mention because of the gag order.

It’s not clear how Merchan would view Trump having shared an article in which, say, a witness’s name was only mentioned deep in the text. To date, though, articles that prosecutors have alleged Trump violated the gag order by sharing featured headlines that made it entirely clear the articles discussed likely witness Cohen.

Biden and the case

On Tuesday, Trump said upon leaving the courtroom: “By the way, this trial is all Biden. You know, this is all Biden, just in case anybody has any question.” He added, “He’s the one that has us in all these different lawsuits.” He said upon his departure Friday: “This is all a Biden indictment.”

Facts First: There is no basis for Trump’s claims. There is no evidence that Biden has had any role in launching or running Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg’s prosecution - and Bragg is a locally elected official who does not report to the federal government. The indictment in the case was approved by a grand jury of ordinary citizens.

Trump has repeatedly invoked a lawyer on Bragg’s team, Matthew Colangelo, while making such claims; Colangelo left the Justice Department in 2022 to join the district attorney’s office as senior counsel to Bragg. But there is no evidence that Biden had anything to do with Colangelo’s employment decision. Colangelo and Bragg had been colleagues before Bragg was elected Manhattan district attorney in 2021.

Before Colangelo worked at the Justice Department, he and Bragg worked at the same time in the office of New York’s state attorney general, where Colangelo investigated Trump’s charity and Trump’s financial practices and was involved in bringing various lawsuits against the Trump administration.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/27/poli...rthouse-claims-new-york-trial/index.html
171 3,227 Read More
Re: SCOTUS Hears Trump Imunity Case WooferDawg 04/27/24 04:08 PM
Technically it is the newly elected House that votes. The exact composition is determined in November.
29 348 Read More
Re: Prayers Please YTownBrownsFan 04/27/24 04:06 PM
Thanks bud.

I am sure it will settle down in a year or so. crazy lol

For those who don't know ..... GM is the best friend someone could ask for.
11 98 Read More
Re: Israel at war again. PitDAWG 04/27/24 04:05 PM
I'm one who responds in kind. If someone wishes to engage in an actual discussion I'm more than happy to. If someone wants to sling $#!+ I'm also happy to respond in kind. What you have decided to describe as bipolar is simply having the ability to adapt to the situation. But everyone has the right to their own perspective.
368 8,647 Read More
Re: Prayers Please GMdawg 04/27/24 04:00 PM
Sorry it started hurting buddy.
11 98 Read More
Re: Prayers Please YTownBrownsFan 04/27/24 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by 3rd_and_20
Prayers to you, Ytown. How did you injure it?

Life? Really, no idea. I tore the rotator in my left arm a few years ago. That was easy. This one is brutal.
11 98 Read More
Re: Poster's Challenge Game northlima dawg 04/27/24 03:58 PM
i make chicken salad out of chicken [censored]
14 565 Read More
Re: Israel at war again. Bull_Dawg 04/27/24 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
That's just a cross you'll have to bear. #thoughtsandprayers

Yeah, I'll take half. lol

Might crimp the toes a bit, but the shoe might fit me somewhat, too.
368 8,647 Read More
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 21 22