Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Palus Politicus Jump to new posts
Re: Cuckoo Dems-Part 6 FATE 04/25/24 12:01 AM
Stop with your conspiracy theories!! rofl

"manipulated props", couldn't have said it better myself.

Sad, disgusting and out of control. I wonder if anyone will tell Joe?
5 62 Read More
Everything Else... Jump to new posts
Re: Solo Musicians jfanent 04/24/24 11:49 PM
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
I know that country isn't everyone's cup of tea but this was the most influential country artist of all time IMO.

He sure was. I'm not a country fan, but when I have enough to drink at the campfire and whip out my guitar and start strumming "There's a Tear in My Beer", it's a rare individual that isn't singing along by the time I get to "you are on my lonely mind".
23 210 Read More
Re: January 6th Fallout Part 8 northlima dawg 04/24/24 11:26 PM
Arizona just dropping indictments on the fake electors and trump inner circle including Rudy, Meadows, Boris Epshteyn and others. Trump is unindicted co conspirator #1
16 399 Read More
Re: Solo Musicians lampdogg 04/24/24 10:52 PM
My favourite solo artists:

Billy Joel
Springsteen

Since pit got us turned country, I would be remiss without mentioning Patti Loveless and Garth. I would marry Patti tomorrow - right after my quick divorce lol - if she asked me, her voice is angelic.

Matt Mays, a Canadian roots rocker who is virtually unknown in the U.S.
Rod Stewart.
Just a few.

23 210 Read More
Pure Football Forum Jump to new posts
Re: Player News Continued..... MemphisBrownie 04/24/24 09:42 PM

Kinda surprising.
166 6,993 Read More
Re: Political Jokes Pt. 3 PitDAWG 04/24/24 08:39 PM
So you can't tell the difference between jokes and political editorial comments now? When did that happen?
198 3,502 Read More
Re: Political Jokes Pt. 3 MemphisBrownie 04/24/24 08:36 PM

198 3,502 Read More
Tailgate Forum Jump to new posts
Re: Annie Agar - weekly NFL funnies Frenchy 04/24/24 08:11 PM
28 1,838 Read More
Re: Solo Musicians bonefish 04/24/24 08:08 PM
I don't want to bogart this thread but I felt I had to post this song. It is a jazz classic that many consider to be one of the greatest recordings.

Everyone has their own preferences in music which makes them all valid. From my point of view I don't know if music will ever again reach this level of sophistication.

23 210 Read More
Re: Solo Musicians PitDAWG 04/24/24 07:57 PM
Like this?

23 210 Read More
Re: Solo Musicians bonefish 04/24/24 07:39 PM
I like vocalists that can bring more than the lyrics of a song. I have to hear emotion or somehow bring something extra.

My favorite country singer by far is Patsy Cline.

23 210 Read More
Re: Solo Musicians PitDAWG 04/24/24 07:14 PM
I know that country isn't everyone's cup of tea but this was the most influential country artist of all time IMO.

23 210 Read More
Re: Player News Continued..... MemphisBrownie 04/24/24 06:59 PM
166 6,993 Read More
Re: Who is your "don't sleep on that guy" player? PitDAWG 04/24/24 06:07 PM
That sounds reasonable. Players do that a lot. As of now Amari Cooper's contract expires at the end of the 2024 season. From my understanding the Browns have been working to extend his contract. So the entire answer to all of this are two fold. If they extend Cooper's contract Jeudy will not be the #1 WR in Cleveland. That greatly diminishes his leverage in getting more money as the #2 WR.

If however the Browns can not sign Cooper to an extension and Jeudy can step up big time your scenario is a possibility.
22 733 Read More
Re: Israel at war again. PitDAWG 04/24/24 05:57 PM
Gaza could surpass famine thresholds in six weeks, WFP official says

GENEVA, April 24 (Reuters) - The Gaza Strip could surpass famine thresholds of food insecurity, malnutrition and mortality in six weeks, an official from the World Food Programme said on Wednesday.
"We are getting closer by the day to a famine situation," said Gian Caro Cirri, Geneva director of the World Food Programme (WFP).

"There is reasonable evidence that all three famine thresholds -- food insecurity, malnutrition and mortality -- will be passed in the next six weeks."

A U.N.-backed report published in March said that famine was imminent and likely to occur by May in northern Gaza and could spread across the enclave by July. On Tuesday, a U.S. official said the risk of famine in Gaza, especially in the north, was very high.

Cirri was speaking at the launch of a report by the Global Network Against Food Crises, an alliance of humanitarian and development actors including United Nations agencies, the World Bank, the European Union and the United States.

In its report, the network described the 2024 outlook for the Middle East and Africa as extremely concerning due to the Gaza war and restricted humanitarian access, as well as the risk of the conflict spreading elsewhere in the region.

"As for Gaza, the conflict makes it difficult and sometimes impossible to reach affected people," Cirri said.

"We need to scale up massively our assistance... But under the current conditions, I'm afraid the situation will further deteriorate."

The United Nations has long complained of obstacles to getting aid in and distributing it throughout Gaza in the six months since Israel began an aerial and ground offensive against Gaza's ruling Islamist militant group Hamas.

Israel has denied hindering supplies of humanitarian aid and blames aid agencies for inefficiencies in distribution.

Israel's military campaign has reduced much of the territory of 2.3 million people to a wasteland with a humanitarian disaster unfolding since Oct. 7, when Hamas ignited war by storming into southern Israel.

Cirri said that the only way to steer clear of famine in Gaza was to ensure immediate and daily deliveries of food supplies.

"They've been selling off their belongings to buy food. They are most of the time destitute," he said.

"And clearly some of them are dying of hunger."

https://www.reuters.com/world/middl...-six-weeks-wfp-official-says-2024-04-24/

So Israel, the nation that controls everything that goes in and out of the territory is blaming others because the aid isn't getting in as we watch aid trucks backed up at the border not being allowed entry. Over 95 aid workers have been killed by indiscriminate bombing and the the latest WCK workers directly targeted. Hmmmmm, something doesn't add up there.
291 7,954 Read More
Re: Cuckoo Dems-Part 6 dawglover05 04/24/24 05:51 PM
I'm actually very much in favor of banning noncompetes, unless specific consideration (read $$$$$) was given separately, either as a clause or as a separate contract. In that case, I think it should be enforced.

From my own OG conservative viewpoint, I actually think it's the role of government to foster competition, because that drives companies to give a better product and try harder. In this case, it drives companies to be more incentivized to retain better talent. Let's face it. The pro-corporation element running rampant through neo-conservativism has driven both product quality and innovation down. See Boeing, et al.

The trade secrets and proprietary information assertions are a tired excuse. I've seen my corporate counterparts shout those from a rooftop for everything. "Hey, Bob, why didn't you give me that proposal on time?" "TRADE SECRETS AND PROPRIETARY INFORMATION!"

"How's the weather?" "TRADE SECRETS AND PROPRIETARY INFORMATION!!!!"

It's a lazy excuse. I would also be more than confident that they have other clauses or contracts with their employees that are essential non-disclosure agreements that would ban the sharing of that type of information anyhow. I didn't see anything about this ruling that would nullify those provisions.
5 62 Read More
Re: Republican Cra Cra Again PitDAWG 04/24/24 05:49 PM
The Census data also show that 9 of the 10 states with the lowest median household income were Red: Mississippi, Arkansas, West Virginia, Kentucky, Alabama, Tennessee, Louisiana, South Carolina and Oklahoma.

https://www.politifact.com/9-10-poorest-states-republican/

I don't get it either. As they watch their politicians time and time again rail against their own best interests they keep voting for them. It's kind of like older Americans who tend to support the side that is working towards cutting their social security benefits.
69 1,749 Read More
Re: Who is your "don't sleep on that guy" player? bugs 04/24/24 05:43 PM
I should have said. I would be shocked if Jerry does not ask for a new contract if he plays up to his projection.
22 733 Read More
Re: Republican Cra Cra Again dawglover05 04/24/24 05:39 PM
Mississippi is one of those deep south juxtaposition states. It's very poor yet also very red. Per Google, it has the second higher poverty rate of any state in the country, after New Mexico. You would think programs like Medicaid and welfare would generally be more of a priority for the constituents, but I guess not??

To clarify as well, this is not me taking a side - just being surprised at the dynamic.
69 1,749 Read More
Re: Who is your "don't sleep on that guy" player? YTownBrownsFan 04/24/24 05:21 PM
I suspect that he meant that the Browns would have him play out all 3 years of his new deal.
22 733 Read More
Re: Who is your "don't sleep on that guy" player? PitDAWG 04/24/24 05:16 PM
So you expect him to sit out and refuse to play? Come on man.
22 733 Read More
Re: January 6th Fallout Part 8 PitDAWG 04/24/24 05:14 PM
North Carolina man sentenced to six years in prison for attacking police with pole at Capitol

WASHINGTON (AP) — A man who became a fugitive after a federal jury convicted him of assaulting police officers during the U.S. Capitol riot was sentenced on Tuesday to six years in prison.

David Joseph Gietzen, 31, of Sanford, North Carolina, struck a police officer with a pole during a mob’s Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol.

Gietzen told U.S. District Judge Carl Nichols that he didn’t intend to hurt anybody that day. But he didn’t express any regret or remorse for his actions on Jan. 6, when he joined a mob of Donald Trump supporters in interrupting the joint session of Congress for certifying President Joe Biden’s 2020 electoral victory.

“I have to make it explicitly known that I believe I did the right thing,” he said before learning his sentence.

The judge said Gietzen made it clear during his trial testimony — and his sentencing hearing — that he clings to his baseless beliefs that the 2020 presidential election was stolen from Trump.

“Mr. Gietzen essentially was unapologetic today about his conduct,” Nichols said.

Last August, a jury convicted Gietzen of eight counts, including assault and civil disorder charges. After his trial conviction, Gietzen disregarded a court order to report to prison on Oct. 20, 2023, while awaiting sentencing. He missed several hearings for his case before he was arrested at his mother’s home in North Carolina on Dec. 12, 2023.

“This pattern of flouting rules and laws and doing what he wants, regardless of the consequences, is how Gietzen operates,” prosecutors wrote in a court filing.

Defense attorney Ira Knight said Gietzen apparently remained at his house, “just waiting to be picked up,” and wasn’t on the run from authorities or trying to hide after his conviction.

Prosecutors recommended a prison term of 10 years and one month for Gietzen, who worked as a computer programming engineer after graduating from North Carolina State University in 2017 with bachelor’s degrees in computer engineering and electrical engineering.

“Clearly, Gietzen is bright and able to get something done when he puts his mind to it – be it a college degree or assaulting officers as part of in a violent mob,” prosecutors wrote.

Gietzen’s attorneys requested a four-year prison sentence.

“David’s current philosophy is that he no longer wishes to be engaged with the political process,” defense attorneys wrote. “His involvement with politics has concluded and should be an indication to the Court that he is no longer interested in being a threat to the public or political process.”

Gietzen traveled to Washington, D.C., with his brother from their home in North Carolina. He attended then-President Donald Trump’s “Stop the Steal” rally near the White House on Jan. 6 before marching to the Capitol.

As the mob of Trump supporters overwhelmed a police line on the Capitol’s West Plaza, Gietzen shoved a police officer, grabbed another officer’s gas mask and struck an officer with a pole.

“And all of Gietzen’s violence was based on a lack of respect for law enforcement and the democratic process — its goal was to get himself and other rioters closer to the building so they could interfere with the certification of the election,” prosecutors wrote.

Gietzen later bragged about participating in the riot in messages to friends and relatives, saying he had “never been prouder to be an American.”

More than 1,350 people have been charged with Capitol riot-related federal crimes. Over 800 of them have been sentenced, with roughly two-thirds getting terms of imprisonment ranging from a few days to 22 years.

https://apnews.com/article/david-gi...entence-b9437f4a4e2d6464f4b89c4523367d02

And the silence about this coming from Republicans is deafening.
16 399 Read More
Re: Who is your "don't sleep on that guy" player? bugs 04/24/24 05:01 PM
If Jerry plays up to what he was projected, I would be shocked if he plays out his three-year contract.
22 733 Read More
Re: Who is your "don't sleep on that guy" player? PitDAWG 04/24/24 04:55 PM
The Browns already signed him to a three year extension that's good through 2027.
22 733 Read More
Re: Who is your "don't sleep on that guy" player? bugs 04/24/24 04:48 PM
I think I would not sleep on Jerry Jeudy this season. After Amon-Ra St.Brown signs his new 30 million/year contract, Jerry will want something similar since he was projected to be much better.
22 733 Read More
Page 1 of 98 1 2 3 97 98