Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
The population thing is a good point and one I was going to make until I realized who I was replying to...

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
and I thought I read something recently there is an estimated 300 million or more guns in this country..the number isnt exact but by memory I think its close to what i read...so while 30% sounds low to me..there is a gun for every American and some..

So the ones who have them are hoarding like crazy or...that 30 some percent is not quite right.

I know i own more then a few..so maybe the small % are hoarders??

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral

I think we all have a pretty good idea of what suspicious behavior is.

I do, its when some squealing rat is sneaking around your house, peaking in windows. Now that is suspicious!

Who said anything about sneaking around someones house? willynilly

That's just being stupid and ignorant while shoving your head into the ground.

No, that's just being wise and self reliant while shoving my gun into it's holster.

So what you are saying is you'd take the law into your own hands. Got it.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
I have friends who have 40-50 (or more) guns each. I have a relative who has 4 or 5 gun safes. (that he had to move when they bought a new house, and that he was cursing at the time) wink

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Umm..yeah I think I could make a gun store blush at my collection buuuut..its from yearrrssss of collecting..and other then cycling is a passionate hobby of mine.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Is that really what you got from that??

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: FBHO71
and I thought I read something recently there is an estimated 300 million or more guns in this country..the number isnt exact but by memory I think its close to what i read...so while 30% sounds low to me..there is a gun for every American and some..

So the ones who have them are hoarding like crazy or...that 30 some percent is not quite right.

I know i own more then a few..so maybe the small % are hoarders??

There are 117 million households, so 30% of that would be 35 million households with at least one gun. 300 million guns would equal 10 guns per household, on average. I would bet that this is probably accurate, as, like I said, I know people with 2 or 3 guns, and others with 50 or more. I would think that number is probably accurate.

I wonder how many gun safes there are in the US. That would probably tell you how many people own a significant number of guns.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
got ya..

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Legend
Legend

I think we all have a pretty good idea of what suspicious behavior is.

I do, its when some squealing rat is sneaking around your house, peaking in windows. Now that is suspicious!

Who said anything about sneaking around someones house? willynilly

That's just being stupid and ignorant while shoving your head into the ground.

No, that's just being wise and self reliant while shoving my gun into it's holster.

So what you are saying is you'd take the law into your own hands. Got it.

Actually, because of the NRA and it's supporters, the LAW allows me to be self reliant. Another law abiding citizen who can protect himself and others from evil.
Don't you just hate that? Of course you do.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
I think that there are bigger issues with population growth over the past 50 years .... the 24/7 news cycle, and how they make celebrities out of mass killers ..... the way we devalue human life through barbaric practices like abortion ....... and the fact that this country has moved away from Christian morals to a "do whatever you want, and/or feels good" mentality, and also a problem where some people feel isolated from the world because of technology, that not only allows them to stay out of the world at large, in some ways it even encourages it.

The "way too many guns" idea is really not all that accurate anyway. I don't know the raw numbers of guns now vs 1980, but we can know the number of households with guns today, vs the time when I was a kid.

In 1974, 47% of US households had a gun. In 2014, that number was only 31%. http://www.norc.org/PDFs/GSS%20Reports/GSS_Trends%20in%20Gun%20Ownership_US_1972-2014.pdf

If the NRA is pushing some "put a gun in every home" agenda, I would say that they are losing that battle badly, and too many homes with guns is really not the problem.

I could believe that there are more guns in this country today. I have several friends who own collections that could arm a small army. Some they don't even have ammo for, as they are more collector pieces than anything to be fired. The people I know who own guns like that have gun safes, (usually bolted into the floor) that are there to keep people safe from their guns but also to keep someone from stealing their guns. I would think that many gun collectors do the same, if for no other reason than to protect their investments.

So, while I think that there are a lot of causes for such violence in today's world, blaming "more guns" is like blaming an increase in DUIs on us having too many cars.

I like this post, but I had to just point out again that this is a solid and a great post. One that even both "sides" could likely agree upon.

Stop with the common sense, "ain't nobody want dat" haha laugh

Legend
Legend
Quote:
I wonder how many gun safes there are in the US. That would probably tell you how many people own a significant number of guns.

Bet there isn't enough safes to hold all the responsible law abiding gun owners's fire arms and ammo.

So the better question is how many firearms and how much ammo is just lying around unattended in america's homes.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Bet there isn't enough safes to hold all the responsible law abiding gun owners's fire arms and ammo.

So the better question is how many firearms and how much ammo is just lying around unattended in america's homes.

So if a gun is in a closet on a shelf in a LOCKED house, the home owner is irresponsible because someone could break into the house and steal it? That is some flawed logic.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
who cares?? its their right to do so in most states superconfused

And if they want their stuff stolen and then be responsible for what comes with that umm.. poke

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I havent read anything from him YET that doesnt sound flawed...of course he probably feels the same about me sooo...

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Arps

So if a gun is in a closet on a shelf in a LOCKED house, the home owner is irresponsible because someone could break into the house and steal it? That is some flawed logic.

If someone breaks into my house and steals a pack of rubbers and one leaks, do I have to raise their kid?

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
sounds that way...it is your fault

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
IDK but I have read about sperm donors who ended paying child support on their deposit to a clinic that the woman gave birth to..so eeeke

Last edited by FBHO71; 12/03/15 05:40 PM.
Legend
Legend

If someone breaks into my house and steals a pack of rubbers and one leaks, do I have to raise their kid?

What are you doing with rubbers at your age?

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Tulsa

What are you doing with rubbers at your age?

How many times do I have to mention my Manly Manness? brownie

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Stretching them over his head willynilly

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
God speed everyone..stay safe..watch out for noisy neighbors:) and have great night.

N
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
N

And if that story is right, we have added 98 million guns between 2000 and the end of 2013. And they state out of that 98 million increase, 87 million guns were added between 2007 and 2013.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted By: clwb419
I find it interesting that the FBI is taking the lead in this case when they do not take the lead in local or state issues.

Smells like International terrorism. Perhaps US citizens working for ISIS?

Why would they pick San Berdardino though - a city of 200k (ish) people - when 60 or so miles to the west is LA with closer to 20 times that population, and even more considering the metro area. Just seems odd to me.

(general question, not specifically to you 40)

Prove a point...no one, no where is exempt from the the terror they aspire to create. I said it was coming to a city near you. Here it is!! Say what you will, the time is at hand to address this issue in this country.

Trouble is, we have an incompetent leader who has his head in the sand (or elsewhere) and has no guts. He will blame everything else and anyone else for this issue

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: northlima dawg

And if that story is right, we have added 98 million guns between 2000 and the end of 2013. And they state out of that 98 million increase, 87 million guns were added between 2007 and 2013.

And who was the Greatest Gun Salesman of 2007 to 2013?

Obama! His constant anti gun rhetoric made folks think they better buy before he shuts things down. The Conservatives and the NRA came to our rescue however.

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 12/03/15 06:13 PM.
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
The director of CAIR in southern California just gave a statement on MSNBC (and possibly other networks). It was a very brief statement but unequivocally denounced what happened today and said that even though we do not yet know why it happened, all Americans need to stand together to condemn these kinds of acts...

Pretty passionate speech, well done.

And this is one of the only ways this sick a** problem and these sick a** people will ever be addressed.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Like I said earlier in this thread...barry is the GREATEST gun salesman of all time..have a good night..gotta go.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Gh
Originally Posted By: Swish
Yes, that's a serious response.

This idea that somehow we are godless? EVERYWHERE has been godless. We've been fighting since recorded history. We've raged wars, massacres, genocide, burned witches and segregated all in the name of God.

God isn't here. He bounced.

If you read end times stuff its part of the plan to end times..and for you to say we arent turning into a godless country is funny to me..and what is coming from someone who posts like he leans atheist I see why u said what u did about God bouncing...Damn man some of the posts u make..makes me wonder what kind of life u live..you seem cryptic.

and I didnt say anything about everywhere else I said the US

you dont agree ok..this isnt on topic of the thread anyway...I'll gladly give u reasons on why I feel the way I do in pm or another thread.

I am very thankful GOD has not bounced from my life. He is with me, in my heart, soul and life every minute of every day. God help the person who asks me to renounce my God because we will both die. I will be certain of it. I, however, will see Heaven.

#gmstrong
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
That's awesome, except Tulsa already posted links showing you exactly what I'm talking about.

That's great some states have BG checks, now if everybody else can get on board that'll be great.

Yup. To bad gun laws have nothing to do with this massacre of innocence. It has to do with radical islamic terrorism.

So sad to waste time talking about non issues when 14 people have lost their lives. Regardless of whether these scum murderers, despicable things got guns legally or not. They would have aquired them however they chose anyway. Wake the heck up! What is it going to take?

#gmstrong
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
it seems like nobody wants to talk about the topic, though.

nobody wants to discuss motive of the shooters, or anything of this nature.

You want motive: eradicate all infidels. The guy was a devout Muslim...get it?

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Cjrae
I find it interesting that the FBI is taking the lead in this case when they do not take the lead in local or state issues.

Why would they pick San Berdardino though - a city of 200k (ish) people - when 60 or so miles to the west is LA with closer to 20 times that population, and even more considering the metro area. Just seems odd to me.

Prove a point...no one, no where is exempt from the the terror they aspire to create. I said it was coming to a city near you. Here it is!! Say what you will, the time is at hand to address this issue in this country.

Trouble is, we have an incompetent leader who has his head in the sand (or elsewhere) and has no guts. He will blame everything else and anyone else for this issue

I highly doubt it was their "original target".

If you look at the amount of ammunition, pipe bombs and destruction that could have been caused, this wasn't what I believe was their intended use.

40 pretty much stated my theory on the matter......

They intended a better, higher body count target. Once the argument happened at his work, he reached his tipping point and changed the target location to his work.

I mean let's look at it. He went to the party. An argument ensued. He left mad and returned between 10 and 30 minutes later.

Now considering that, it just doesn't make sense to me that you would spend so much time building bombs, stockpiling ammo, acquiring the weapons, getting tactical gear, just to go off the deep end and shoot up a party at work after getting mad as some kind of plan.

No, I seriously believe that plan A was a much bigger target with far more intended victims. The argument at the party changed everything and he resorted to plan B in short order.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Quote:
The neighbor said that there would be 3 or 4 people hanging out in the garage.

Shame on the neighbor for not calling it into the authorities for a quick look see.

meh, its not uncommon for me to have 3 or 4 friends over working in the garage having a beer or two. Nothing out of the ordinary, I bet it happens all across the country.

Yeah, ya know, just building bombs and booby trapping the home, happens all the time in American homes. You people are ridiculous!

#gmstrong
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Nnn
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Originally Posted By: Cjrae

I highly doubt it was their "original target".

If you look at the amount of ammunition, pipe bombs and destruction that could have been caused, this wasn't what I believe was their intended use.

40 pretty much stated my theory on the matter......

They intended a better, higher body count target. Once the argument happened at his work, he reached his tipping point and changed the target location to his work.

I mean let's look at it. He went to the party. An argument ensued. He left mad and returned between 10 and 30 minutes later.

Now considering that, it just doesn't make sense to me that you would spend so much time building bombs, stockpiling ammo, acquiring the weapons, getting tactical gear, just to go off the deep end and shoot up a party at work after getting mad as some kind of plan.

No, I seriously believe that plan A was a much bigger target with far more intended victims. The argument at the party changed everything and he resorted to plan B in short order.

Maybe, maybe not. Your logic makes sense but do creatures such as this do much that makes sense? Booby trapping your home, making pipe bombs, gathering rounds of ammo and guns would suggest you are correct. Who knows. The message has been sent.

But, to some on this thread, this is just normal every day behavior. Gheeez!

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
man you guys aren't being realistic.

even 40 gets it. you need a search warrant to look at the place, and the cops weren't gonna find anything just popping by as they had no right to enter the house at that point.

it would've led to a massive lawsuit, and who knows how many more people would've gotten killed if they had free cash to by better stuff.

i expect extreme irrational posting come from people who support back yard militias.

i don't expect that from somebody responsible for teaching my kids.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
There, I vented. After working all day and praying for the 14 families that lost loved ones, unable to imagine their pain, I still don't feel much better.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
j/c

Interesting article - don't know if it's 100% true, but it says France suffered more casualties from mass shootings in 2015 than the U.S. has since 2009.

http://crimeresearch.org/2015/12/france-...y-508-to-424-2/

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
I very highly doubt this government will ever call this incident terrorism. But our gutless pres will have a tempered reaction, nothing like France's leadership. He will most likely visit the middle east and apologize for American failures having caused this....laughable.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
that's very interesting bro.

it seems like i was sort of right? this isn't everywhere close to normal here in america.

just saying this out loud, but maybe it seems like it's happening all the time because it's always happening in different locations in the states.

it's really spread out.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
you mean the same gutless french leader who is still taking in refugee's?

what a hypocrite to support somebody who goes against what your beliefs are on the situation.

we've been bombing the middle east, even obama, but all of a sudden people wanna ride the french PM's ball sack because what? he dropped a few bombs?

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
you guys got "action" and "effectiveness" as one in the same.

they aren't/

- Theodore Roosevelt
Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Another Mass Shooting

Link Copied to Clipboard