Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
V
Legend
Legend
V
I really have no idea what you are trying to prove w/that bit of information.

I think YTown's point would be supported or debated more by looking at what the Bengals have done in the last several years, rather than from the years 1991--2002. LOL

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
The statement was that the Bengals were never as low as the Browns.. my point was yes.. they were.. and yes.. they did pull out of it

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
Legend
Legend
Browns are in SERIOUS rebuild mode ... can't remember a team who was this adamant about getting younger/newer at such an accelerated rate

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
E
Legend
Legend
E
Again...there is not one coach and player out there who is going through this season not to win...you are 100% wrong about that.

Yes ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE DOWN THE ROAD...but you present it as a Basis of your opinion just because its possible.

IT IS POSSIBLE THAT WE MAKE IT TO THE SUPER BOWL...but I don't go around claiming that.

But when I bring a key veteran presence which IS A FACT...you think you knock that out of the loop by saying...aha FOR NOW...lol as if you just made a point.

Later Ytown. For all our sakes...lets hope this is the Regime that sticks. Also I would like to point out...CHUD was led to believe he was playing for the long term - that 2nd half of the season...he asked for a FB so they can depend on the running game some more...and didn't get the support...Coach and players wanted to win.

Still it seemed he was given the impression that all was ok cause they were playing for the LONG TERM...result. HE GOT FIRED.

I doubt the FO of this regime is looking to only the long term and don't feel winning is important. But I can guarantee you every Coach every player is doing this to WIN!

emjoy

Last edited by eotab; 06/04/16 09:35 AM.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
B
Legend
Legend
B
No doubt EO, and I think we win a heck of a lot more game then most people think.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I agree EO, ... We have a new Coaching staff and many new faces, but to a man,... None will be willing to simply roll over and play dead (that is give up).

The thought is so counter productive to starting a new culture.

Only winning will change the culture.

Wether we win or not ... a Hue Jackson coached team will play to win.

[Linked Image]

T
Legend
Legend
T
The only prediction I have is I think Terelle Pryor will make the Sept final cutdown day 53 man roster.

I Wonder if Robert Griffin the Third; "RGIII", is good enough to compete for the division.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
Terrelle Pryor will have more reception then Braxton Miller

Corey Coleman will lead all NFL WRs in receptions

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: edromeo

Bold, very bold... thumbsup

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
No doubt EO, and I think we win a heck of a lot more game then most people think.

You got money. Wanna bet?

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I think a a more modest goal for this team is to win more games than the Eagles. Have our first draft pick next season be the one acquired via trade and not dubiously earned on the field.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
B
Legend
Legend
B
Scooby Wright becomes our new Bam Bam Ambrose and is in the running for DROY. He will be considered the steal of the draft.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32
Originally Posted By: edromeo

Bold, very bold... thumbsup
Lol, that's actually a mistake. I meant to type all NFL Rookie WRs in receptions. But that's still bold right?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Scooby Wright becomes our new Bam Bam Ambrose and is in the running for DROY. He will be considered the steal of the draft.

I'm very excited about both our LB prospects. I remember watching Joe Shobert last year. He looked pretty good to me from Wisconsin (although I wasn't looking at him as an NFL prospect, more just watching him play). I think Tank Carder is going to have a tough time making the team this year.......

I mean, I don't watch Wisconsin football much, and it's often harder for me to keep up with the college players, but that was a name I recognized as soon as we drafted him

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
B
Legend
Legend
B
I think Carder can make it, but I do think that is only if a guy like Wright makes it outright as a backer.

Carder has carved out a pretty nice career as a ST guy. He is now in year 4 or 5...the point special team guys start getting replaced by other special team guys who are younger and offer more upside potential..

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think Carder can make it, but I do think that is only if a guy like Wright makes it outright as a backer.

Carder has carved out a pretty nice career as a ST guy. He is now in year 4 or 5...the point special team guys start getting replaced by other special team guys who are younger and offer more upside potential..

Numbers-wise, I imagine there will be two spots divided between Wright, Schobert, and Carder. Christian Kirks and Davis are locks. I just don't see it happening for Carder..........

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: PeteyDangerous

Numbers-wise, I imagine there will be two spots divided between Wright, Schobert, and Carder. Christian Kirks and Davis are locks. I just don't see it happening for Carder..........

Like I said, Wright has to make it as a ILB on it's own for Carder to stick.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
did I read where Schobert is going to play both OLB and ILB?

Maybe Mingo is in jeopardy

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
Like I said, Wright has to make it as a ILB on it's own for Carder to stick.

I misunderstood what you meant earlier. Yeah, I don't see that happening. Wright or Schobert will be backup ILBs, and I think at least one of them will play special teams, essentially taking Carder's spot.

They're similar to Carder. "High motor" guys. Except Carder is going into his fourth season, they're going into their first. I think Carder will have to show a lot to make it on this team.

The best thing he's got going for him though is that he's played for Teflon Tabor. Although, he probably played for Horton too, at least for a few weeks. But he was a backup, probably practice squad player.

Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
did I read where Schobert is going to play both OLB and ILB?

Maybe Mingo is in jeopardy

I could see that. Depending on the down and situation. But I think we'll mostly see him as an ILB for us

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

You got money. Wanna bet?

Way to go Bet against your own team...I know you are a fan...but man that just is not in my book.

thumbsdown

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
Depends on your definition of "heck of a lot more"

4 or 5? A 10 win team won "a heck of a lot more" games than a 5-6 win team.. right?

Well.. some think we will win between 0-1 games this year..

I think we'll find our average of 4-5 at worst.. which in turn, would be a "heck of a lot more" than 0..

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
C
Legend
Legend
C

Oof.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2016 NFL Season 2016 NFL Draft Post-Draft Predictions

Link Copied to Clipboard