Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
Quote:
Sorry bro ... i'm with u on every step .. weather we win a game or not .. no one should be fired after this year ......

NOT 0 - 16 though .. i want a WIN .. JUST ONE .. for me ... 0 - 16 would be DEVESTATING ..

We have alot of things hung around our necks as browns fans .. including the thing i hate most of all ... WERE PITTIED .. i hate being PITTIED ... with everything we have hung around our necks .. this is the one that would EMBERASS ME .. I can handle all the rest .. NOT THAT ONE ...

Now YOU can't look me in the eyes and admit that if we win it all in 2019 that you would give two craps if we went 0-16, or 2-14 in 2016.

You don't even need to respond. I already know your answer.

*L* .. if that was a DEAL ... i'd take it in a heartbeat .. let me know where i sign .. I'dl even root for 0 - 16 if a SB victory in 19 was gauranteed ...

I think we both know the flaw in that ASSumption ... cool

LMFAO Bro you have to admit we have both been assuming since 1964. But at least this time we both at least like the Plan thumbsup

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
J
All Pro
All Pro
J
I think the browns front office is a genius getting a 27 year old linebacker for a comp pick.

Last edited by jacksondawg; 10/31/16 06:32 PM.
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Horton and Hue will be the fall guys for the ineptness of ownership and the FO.

I think Hue is actually getting more out of this offense than almost anyone else could.

vers...I agree, Hue and Horton will take the lions share of the blame for this team's record, while the front office gets a free pass.

Many simply assume that Harvard grads running the front office...they are just too smart to make a mistake.

The front office provides the talent and the coaches do their best to build a competitive football team with the talent provided.

I see the Browns winless performance as a direct reflection of the front offices' performance.

Building a football team IS different than building a baseball team!

Last edited by mac; 11/01/16 08:43 AM.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Legend
Legend
You just aren't right about almost all of that

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: jacksondawg
I think the browns front office is a genius getting a 27 year old linebacker for a comp pick.

jack...genius...no!

The Browns were given a gift by the Patriots before he became anymore of a problem for Belichick. Collins is looking for Von Miller type of money in his contract and that type of player does not fit the mold for the type of players Belichick wants on his team.

Also, the Patriots have depth at LB and could afford to let a talent such as Collins go without missing a beat.

Now, Collins IS NOT Von Miller talent..he has 10.5 sacks in 3.5yrs and only 1 sack in 7 games this season. I would rate Collins as a bit over average.

There are likely issues we know little about...but Belichick knows more about this guy and anyone and he is no longer a Patriot..that says something about Collins, we just don't know exactly what that something is...yet.

Hopefully Collins can come in like playing in Cleveland and for Horton. But coming from the best franchise in the NFL to a winless team and the worst franchise in the NFL, this is a tough sell, imo.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: mac
Originally Posted By: jacksondawg

jack...genius...no!

The Browns were given a gift by the Patriots before he became anymore of a problem for Belichick. Collins is looking for Von Miller type of money in his contract and that type of player does not fit the mold for the type of players Belichick wants on his team.

Also, the Patriots have depth at LB and could afford to let a talent such as Collins go without missing a beat.

Now, Collins IS NOT Von Miller talent..he has 10.5 sacks in 3.5yrs and only 1 sack in 7 games this season. I would rate Collins as a bit over average.

There are likely issues we know little about...but Belichick knows more about this guy and anyone and he is no longer a Patriot..that says something about Collins, we just don't know exactly what that something is...yet.

Hopefully Collins can come in like playing in Cleveland and for Horton. But coming from the best franchise in the NFL to a winless team and the worst franchise in the NFL, this is a tough sell, imo.

Yeah...you don't want the FO fired. rofl

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
[quote=jacksondawg]I think the browns front office is a genius getting a 27 year old linebacker for a comp pick.

Hmmm reminds me of what the Browns did with players who didn't want to play in Cleveland but wanted to be over paid. Both do the same thing Browns front office are idiots and Bill and crew are geniuses. notallthere

Legend
Legend
If San Fran had made this exact trade Mac would be complaining that we didnt, most likely BECAUSE Collins wants to be paid..

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

the guy is a top 5 linebacker in this league and it really doesnt have a damn thing to do with sack numbers. He isnt a pass rusher but he is a terrific linebacker.

The FO may end up being a total joke but we need playmakers and we added one that is 27 years old.

My concern is that we had 14 draft picks and thus far not one of them has wowed me. I like Kessler and Nassib but I dotn know if they are gonna be more than a decent player. The waiver wire are full of decent players.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
If we wanted an OLB that isn't much of a pass rusher, but great in coverage, we could have kept Mingo poke

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
O
Legend
Legend
O
Are we really complaining about potentially having to pay a guy because he's good?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
No, this is the sort of deal we should make. Banks for a 2018 7th, for almost nothing. Good CB in the right system and might actually be a better FS (not that we need one...)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000732164/article/lions-trade-for-buccaneers-cb-johnthan-banks

#gmstrong

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Only an idiot would compare the 2. Take that for what its worth.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
So maybe I'm an idiot for thinking that no 3-4 OLB can be classified as a "good" who doesn't rush the passer. This was exactly the criticism towards Mingo who was average or better vs the run and in coverage.

Collins better cover these RB and TE for 6+ seconds. Something he probably didn't need to do in NE.

Here's my take of Collins out of the draft. Didn't want any part of him and this assessment seems to be still accurate, if he's still a "freelancer":

"He's a "jump tackler", for some reason he likes to jump into tackles, horrible technique and at the NFL level a shoulder/neck injury waiting to happen. He has some J.Jones to his game...running around blocks, not very physical, little pass rush moves, just speed and athleticism...unblocked, his athleticism is evident and a menace but I just don't see a natural football player"

Sounds a lot like Mingo, but what do I know, I'm an idiot...

#gmstrong

Legend
Legend
If he's so terrible, why did NE offer him 11 mil a year?

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Mac, if you believe, as you stated in another post, that our front office does not want to win, why the heck don't you want them fired. I would not want anyone in my football organization who did not want to build a winner.

M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Are we really complaining about potentially having to pay a guy because he's good?

According to this Collins' lack of effort.. link

we might have an individual who did not give the effort Belichick expected.

I hope it's not true and Collins comes to Cleveland motivated to prove Belichick wrong.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
have you seen Mingo play?

I bet you're wondering the samething I did, why O' why didn't I take the...blue pill
O
Legend
Legend
O
Did you even read the last paragraph, or do you actively ignore stuff like that?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
one of the WEEI hosts told him, “It does feel like you’re doing Belichick’s bidding.” Lombardi took issue with that,

I bet you're wondering the samething I did, why O' why didn't I take the...blue pill
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

According to this Collins' lack of effort.. link

we might have an individual who did not give the effort Belichick expected.

I hope it's not true and Collins comes to Cleveland motivated to prove Belichick wrong.

As soon as I saw the source I dismissed it out of hand. Lombardi is a POS lying scumbag with an agenda. Doesn't matter what the issue might be. That's just who he is.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted By: DjangoBrown
So maybe I'm an idiot for thinking that no 3-4 OLB can be classified as a "good" who doesn't rush the passer. This was exactly the criticism towards Mingo who was average or better vs the run and in coverage.

Collins better cover these RB and TE for 6+ seconds. Something he probably didn't need to do in NE.

Here's my take of Collins out of the draft. Didn't want any part of him and this assessment seems to be still accurate, if he's still a "freelancer":

"He's a "jump tackler", for some reason he likes to jump into tackles, horrible technique and at the NFL level a shoulder/neck injury waiting to happen. He has some J.Jones to his game...running around blocks, not very physical, little pass rush moves, just speed and athleticism...unblocked, his athleticism is evident and a menace but I just don't see a natural football player"

Sounds a lot like Mingo, but what do I know, I'm an idiot...

Not very physical?? Have you EVER watched him play? You're just making crap up now.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Knight_Of_Brown
Well were 0-8 now and 0-10 is a very real possibility.

Im telling you this is not looking good at all....i was 50/50 on the 016 thing but now..i'd say its 80-90% likely....

If they go 0-16 you HAVE to clean house....there is ZERO to build on an 0-16 year...if Hue and this team can't win 2 stinking games this year they don't belong in the NFL at all and need to be broomed out of here.

yes win 2 game Hue...just 2...even 1...show us something...anything!

Right now this guy is the worst coach we have ever had, and its the worst staff ever assembled...

Even Terry Robiskie as an interim coach in 2004 was able to win 1 stinking game as a head coach....with a trash roster...

Excuses are over....im sorry but if he can't win 2 of the remaining games on this schedule, then he shouldn't be back next year and neither should Shashi or Depodesta...this is a whole new level of suckage...

even Mangini was able to win 5 games with a trash roster full of of old slow aging vets and trash players...

Enough is enough this is turning into a damn embarrassment...this is sucking the life right out of this franchise...its atrocious...its not acceptable...if these guys in the locker room don't want it bad enough, you find people who do...and the draft isn't the only place they can be found...Kurt Warner was found bagging groceries...

These guys are just going through the motions to collect a paycheck, and our Head coaching is allowing it....

No way in Hades would Marty, or Cowher, or even Bellichik would put up with this trash...If "this" is the best direction for the Browns, they might as well pack up the team and go to LA...this is just utter trash no matter how you shake it...these guys, coaches, and front office are embarassing this city, they are embarassing the freaking state!

Even the Bengals were not THIS BAD prior to Lewis arriving...its a disgrace...

You want pathetic, look at the first two years of the 90's Cowboy Super Bowl teams. Should Jimmy Johnson have been fired? What did you think we were going to look like this year? This is a complete rebuild project. We are in year ONE. Winning one game HURTS us at this point. I have no problem with anyone on this coaching staff at this point and here's why.... Even if everything went perfectly this season this staff had a huge task in front of it. We got YOUNG and we did so very quickly(hence my mention of the Cowboy rebuild). We installed new systems on both sides of the ball. We were then handed a tough schedule. I thought we'd be very lucky if we won a couple games. Then RG3 goes down game one. McCown goes down game two. Kessler goes down. Whitehurst goes down. Etc. etc. We've suffered injury upon injury on both sides of the ball. I think this staff has done a remarkable job considering the circumstances. When this season started I was already looking ahead to next year's draft. This is just season one game (insert number). Another step on the path. You tear it down then you build it up. I think we have some damned fine teaching coaches and man do they have a lot of first and second-year students. Next year it will probably be the same. We have a lot of picks and they will be high picks in each round. If we draft a rookie QB then you'll have to deal with his growing pains... This is the time to settle in, understand what this season is, and stay the course! If in year three we still aren't winning games THEN start beginning to think something is awry.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: DjangoBrown
If we wanted an OLB that isn't much of a pass rusher, but great in coverage, we could have kept Mingo poke

First of all, he will be playing in a completely different defense. He may kill quarterbacks in ours. If not we're out very little. Lots of holes to fill on that D. I'm not mad they are working at it. He either fits or he doesn't and finding out costs us very little. That seems prudent to me man.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Did you even read the last paragraph, or do you actively ignore stuff like that?

oob...I'll post the last paragraph..tell me what you think it says.

Quote:
As Lombardi repeatedly questioned Collins’ production and praised Belichick’s decision to cut bait on him, one of the WEEI hosts told him, “It does feel like you’re doing Belichick’s bidding.” Lombardi took issue with that, but his comments did sound like he was offering an opinion he knows Belichick shares, even if Belichick won’t say so publicly.

I've said, I hope he comes into Cleveland and plays well, making a statement via his play on the field. He could feel motivated to show Belichick and the Patriots they were wrong to let him go...or he could be unhappy about being dealt to the worst team in the NFL and be looking to get the hell out of Cleveland asap.

Legend
Legend

oob...I'll post the last paragraph..tell me what you think it says.

Quote:
As Lombardi repeatedly questioned Collins’ production and praised Belichick’s decision to cut bait on him, one of the WEEI hosts told him, “It does feel like you’re doing Belichick’s bidding.” Lombardi took issue with that, but his comments did sound like he was offering an opinion he knows Belichick shares, even if Belichick won’t say so publicly.

I've said, I hope he comes into Cleveland and plays well, making a statement via his play on the field. He could feel motivated to show Belichick and the Patriots they were wrong to let him go...or he could be unhappy about being dealt to the worst team in the NFL and be looking to get the hell out of Cleveland asap.

Not for nothing, but I think that paragraph might say that Lombardi is still Belichicks mouthpiece.

Still doing his masters bidding.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Quote:

Quote:
Not for nothing, but I think that paragraph might say that Lombardi is still Belichicks mouthpiece.

Still doing his masters bidding.

daman...I agree...

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy
If he's so terrible, why did NE offer him 11 mil a year?

Not enough time to read all posts...really people are dissing this trade...the guy was in the Pro Bowl last year. His Sack totals are down cause he was not put in a position to get Sacks.

I'm sure we will use him in the Monster back role that he is suited for and will become a weapon! Ogbah and Collins now are a formidable duo. How can dogs complain? Like that 3rd round pick is going to be awesome...lol laugh

Being Miserable cause of our record does not make everyone correct. We got a lot of bright spots on this team.

The last 4 games Pasztor is the top rated RT in the NFL. Coleman was looking awesome before the injury lets see him back. Pryor is a sensation. Crowell has bee Good and then some. We need some stability at QB for sure.

Our D is lacking talent and depth...injuries has hurt us as we have had to depend on a lot of UDFA talent rookie or 2nd year guys in the DB department.

We just can't pull out wins. Missed FG then hasn't missed one since. Raven bs about taunting. The Duke fumble was almost criminal. The Jet meltdown for 20 minutes of football.

Excuses...don't care we left a lot of wins on the table. Jmho...oh and Eagles are now LOSING wink

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

Cleveland Browns midseason report card: F

By The Sports Xchange | Nov. 2, 2016 at 5:54 PM

MIDSEASON REPORT CARD

--PASSING OFFENSE: C-minus -- Six players have taken snaps at quarterback for the Browns halfway through the season. They have combined to throw nine touchdown passes and nine interceptions. They have played six games without rookie wide receiver Corey Coleman, who has been sidelined since suffering a broken hand in practice before playing the Dolphins the third week of the season. The biggest problem for the Browns on offense isn't the quarterbacks. It is the offensive line protecting them. Injuries and free agency have left right guard John Greco and left tackle Joe Thomas as the only holdovers from last season.

--RUSHING OFFENSE: B -- The same people blocking for the quarterbacks have been inconsistent opening holes for running backs Isaiah Crowell and Duke Johnson. The Browns averaged 149 yards a game on the ground through the first four weeks, but then they played the Patriots in Week 5. The Patriots keyed on the running attack and the Browns had no counterpunch. Still, after eight weeks the Browns are averaging 4.9 yards a carry (185 rushes for 912 yards). That puts them ahead of the pace they set last year when they rushed for 1,529 yards and scored five rushing touchdowns all season. They have eight rushing touchdowns this season.

--COACHING: C -- A "C" might seem a generous grade for the coaching staff of a team with a 0-8 record, but players still believe Hue Jackson is the right head coach for this team. That is reflected in the way they play. The record doesn't reflect it, but the Browns have played hard in nearly every game. They are still learning to finish, and until they do they could be in for more near-misses the second half of the season.

--PASS DEFENSE: D-minus -- The Browns have already allowed 19 passing touchdowns and there is half a season remaining. The pass rush has been pathetic. The Browns have 14 sacks, but too often they apply little or no pressure. When the opposing quarterback has all day, as Marcus Mariota did on Oct. 16, he picks the Browns apart. Cornerback Joe Haden missed three games with a groin injury. Cornerback Jamar Taylor has been inconsistent and cornerback Tramon Williams is 35. It's a recipe for disaster.

--RUSH DEFENSE: D -- Four rookies -- end Carl Nassib, linebackers Emmanuel Ogbah and Joe Schobert and safety Tracy Howard -- start on defense. Two others -- safety Derrick Kindred and Brian Boddy-Calhoun -- play significant roles. The result is predictable. The Browns are often out of position and they miss too many tackles. Through eight games they are allowing an average of 4.8 yards a carry. The question is how much better can the rookies play? Head coach Hue Jackson has eight games to find the answer.

--SPECIAL TEAMS: B -- After a shaky start the first two weeks, the Browns' coverage teams have played well. Kicker Cody Parkey looks like he could be the long-term answer. The biggest problem is there is no threat on kickoff or punt returns. That could change when Corey Coleman returns from a broken hand that kept him sidelined the past six weeks.

--OVERALL: F. In the alternative, an incomplete might be justifiable because so much of this team is incomplete.

Most Valuable Player: Running back Isaiah Crowell. Crowell is in his third season and playing significantly better than he did his first two years. He has already surpassed last year's modest total of four rushing touchdowns, but what is significant is he is running with more authority and finding the running lanes more quickly than in either of his first two seasons. That enables him to get to full speed faster, and that allows him to break more tackles. After eight games he has 106 carries for 524 yards and five rushing touchdowns.

Most Disappointing Player: Cornerback Joe Haden. Players cannot help being injured, but the cliche that the best ability is availability certainly applies to Haden. After missing 11 games with injuries last season, he missed three of the first eight this season with groin injuries. He has two interceptions, but quarterbacks no longer avoid his side of the field as they once did.

Most surprising rookie: Quarterback Cody Kessler. This was supposed to be a watch-and-learn season for Kessler, but that quickly changed when Robert Griffin III suffered a broken bone in his left shoulder in the first game and Josh McCown suffered a broken collarbone in the second. Kessler started five games before a concussion sidelined him. In that time he showed why head coach Hue Jackson made such a strong pitch to draft him. Kessler completed 66.9 percent of his passes -- 89 of 133 for 947 yards -- and threw only one interception while throwing four touchdown passes. Kessler is no longer in the concussion protocol. Jackson plans to wait until the end of the week to name his starting quarterback for the game with the Cowboys next Sunday. He could go with McCown for a second straight week or go back to Kessler.

Like Us on Facebook for more stories from UPI.com
link

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The following is not a criticism, mac, merely food for thought. I came across this while reading and thought of you:

'And what's more, I have to say, so far you've only understood a small fraction of the difficulty which this involves...'

Plato, Parmenides

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
The trouble with grades like this is: They give an F overall even though the lowest grade on there is a D- , does not seem to take into account the B's or C's. Okay so we get an F for not winning a game, but do you just throw away everything else?

Dawginit since Jan. 24, 2000 Member #180
You can't fix yesterday but you can learn for tomorrow
#GMSTRONG

I want to do it as a Cleveland Brown because that's who I am.”
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
There are things they didn't show a grade on.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
No doubt. Some up-beat comments also. Just seems silly to give us an F, when there are bright spots. I guess winning cures all, so if and when we start winning maybe our grade will improve.

#GMSTRONG

D
Legend
Legend
D
Our GRADE is 0 - 8 ....

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
understood. Maybe we'll win one for the gipper tongue

#GMSTRONG

E
Legend
Legend
E
At 0-8...I wouldn't expect any other "REPORT" Card than F. It does not mean we are not building something good here.
jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I think once we get some o-line help and some real help in our def secondary that we will have a pretty good team and yes I know what our record is but our team is very close to turning a corner I think.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
Our GRADE is 0 - 8 ....

Yeah, but we still have the chance to go 8-8 rofl

And no, I don't believe it LOL

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: bleednbrown
The trouble with grades like this is: They give an F overall even though the lowest grade on there is a D- , does not seem to take into account the B's or C's. Okay so we get an F for not winning a game, but do you just throw away everything else?

From what I have seen this season ... the F feels like a gift.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
The goal is to win games. If none of the bright spots are resulting in wins, then it doesn't help the grade much.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns Front Office..continued...

Link Copied to Clipboard