Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I mean you never know we might luck out and something crazy good comes from it. I mean how outrageous it would be if they paid us to take him and then Hue goes and makes him into something special? That would just tickle me to death for a long time to come.

I don't expect it mind you but gosh it would just be fun =)

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
H
All Pro
All Pro
H
Originally Posted By: Razorthorns
I mean you never know we might luck out and something crazy good comes from it. I mean how outrageous it would be if they paid us to take him and then Hue goes and makes him into something special? That would just tickle me to death for a long time to come.

I don't expect it mind you but gosh it would just be fun =)

Just think if he is average. it'd be like having Manning here.

We're trying to throw the ball downfield and he checked the ball down to Trent Richardson and the Indians on the choice.
mac #1243185 03/09/17 08:48 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: mac
Quote:
we gave up a 4th this year.

The Browns 4th..is the same value as a late round 3rd....that is not chicken feed, folks.

We traded a compensatory 4th.

That's almost a 5th..

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Elway was reportedly pretty chafed that they lost Osweiler to Houston last year. Seeing as how they are offering Siemien around and obviously don't consider him to be their future, why not offer Osweiler back to the Broncos for a 2017 or 2018 3rd rounder? The Browns have already said they'll eat half of Osweiler's $16M 2017 salary, which they could offset by cutting Griffin, and they'd have another pick to offer for JG. Trade this years #33, along with a 2018 2nd round pick, and the Broncos 3rd for JG.

Legend
Legend
I can not believe we took on that contract without getting JJ Watt in the deal. Mr. and Mrs. Haslem and the Harvard boys just want to make their money and couldn't care less about winning.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
O
Legend
Legend
O
Can we make this a thing?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
I was probably as mad about them letting Schwartz go last year, but that was last year. There's nothing we can do about that. KC isn't going to just give him back to us.

However, the FO is stepping up and making some very good moves this year, and this year is what matters.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Always classy.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I won't say a good move, but you know, sometimes it is what it is my man.

He is a local troll, IMO. He just takes every stance against what the team is doing.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
The first thing that came to mind when this went down was leverage for Garoppolo. They are making great moves to improve. If we get Jimmy I will be very excited for the season. It would be the first time in many moons.

Legend
Legend
when i first saw the trade, i thought it said we traded a 2nd rounder for Brock ... and I about threw my tv out of the window

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
A coupla things I'd like to bring up here,some may have already been mentioned it's difficult to keep track.
First,they can't just cut Oswieler.It would violate league rules and the CBA.As a lawyer Sashi would know this.
Trading him and taking on part of his salary would be a grey area and I don't believe the Browns want to push Goodell.
Osweiler stunk in Houston.O'Brian attemps to run that quick twitch NE O,which changes from week to week.An impossibility for an inexperienced QB to pick up in short time.
He's a big guy with a big arm.Something Hue has history with.
This also allows them the opportunity to draft one of second tier QBs,maybe Peterman or Mahomes,giving whichever onw the time to devolpe.

Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
I agree, but let's see if someone wants to trade for him...

:-)

And then go into the season with RG3 and Kessler only? Right now I think it's a wash between RG3 and Brock. Between the two we might get through a season. Dump Brock and we have RG3 and nothing much behind him. So unless Belichick changes his mind, when we dump Brock we still have a big time QB problem.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
L
Legend
Legend
L
I think we're getting a QB in the draft. Don't know where, but we will: unless we get J-Grappy from NE.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
V
Legend
Legend
V
J-Grappy. LMAO Lamp.

Let's not go w/that nickname.

L
Legend
Legend
L
I agree, it's not the best. smile

gmstrong

-----------------

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
I think we're getting a QB in the draft. Don't know where, but we will: unless we get J-Grappy from NE.

Even getting jimmy I think y still need to draft a qb.... I think you should always look for a qb in a draft...

<><

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: bonefish
The first thing that came to mind when this went down was leverage for Garoppolo. They are making great moves to improve. If we get Jimmy I will be very excited for the season. It would be the first time in many moons.

I seriously doubt we get Garoppolo. Giving up the first pick in the draft and a #1 next year for a guy that has started only a few games.... we very well could end up regretting that. How many QB's has BB traded or let go that were supposedly great because they studied under Brady and then flopped big time on another team? I'm cool with keeping RG3 and Brock, then drafting QB at the top of the 2nd or even later in the draft and see what we have. Next year's QB crop is supposedly far superior to this years QB's and we are going to have a lot of ammo to make a move to get one if Brock/RG3/or someone else doesn't step up and grab the job.

M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
I'm not going to read through 8 pages of opinions on this thread, but I remember when this guy was getting drafted someone posted the youtube link to his bloopers in college, then someone posted a link to the Benny Hill sketch music and suggested watching the video with that back ground music.

But hey, we got him and who knows how he'll turn out and a pick for it as well?

Not a bad deal.

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
J-Grappy. LMAO Lamp.

Let's not go w/that nickname.

It's entirely possible he becomes J Crappy. He is not a proven QB by any stretch of the imagination. Perhaps he is a great QB. If so I really doubt Bill trades him. The pattern though is he drafts a guy, then trades him and the guy sucks elsewhere. I am VERY nervous about trading the entire farm for a NE backup..... If we do then I'll hope we did the right thing but I'm not going to be ticked if we don't pull that trigger. I'm not convinced that Brock CAN'T play. I think that is still an unknown.... We shall see....

M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Originally Posted By: Spiritbro77
Originally Posted By: bonefish

I seriously doubt we get Garoppolo. Giving up the first pick in the draft and a #1 next year for a guy that has started only a few games.... we very well could end up regretting that. How many QB's has BB traded or let go that were supposedly great because they studied under Brady and then flopped big time on another team? I'm cool with keeping RG3 and Brock, then drafting QB at the top of the 2nd or even later in the draft and see what we have. Next year's QB crop is supposedly far superior to this years QB's and we are going to have a lot of ammo to make a move to get one if Brock/RG3/or someone else doesn't step up and grab the job.

I don't think we should take one this year. Either one of these guys will do just fine behind the line we'll have (so long as they're healthy at the start of the season and stay that way), while we watch for who's declaring for the draft next year.

Still wish we could get Cardale Jones.

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Mary Kay Cabot&#8207;Verified account @MaryKayCabot

I'm told #Patriots would likely want #Browns No. 1 overall this yr & prob 1st in '18 for Jimmy. 12+ prob won't do it

If this is true (and it probably isn't). Then the Patriots really, really don't want to trade Garoppolo.

If it's MKC, I assume she's wrong. She blocked me for telling her an article from the Onion was more credible than her reports.

M
Legend
Legend
M
This gave me a chuckle....

Will Brinson Verified account
@WillBrinson

If Browns get 2 picks for holding Brock Osweiler’s contract for 30 mins, 9 months from now there’ll be 10,000 kids in Cleveland named Sashi.

Tweet

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Hue is supposed to be a QB whisperer. He got a lot out of Dalton in the Nati, so who's to say Brock couldn't resurge. Elway wanted him back last year so he had the confidence of Elway at least somewhat. Perhaps the Texans O just didn't fit his skill set. He could end up playing well for us. Or he could suck and sit on the bench all year. Either way I agree we should be looking to draft a QB next year....

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Just got home from work....8 pages so far and I have not read any. I am sure this has all been discussed but, the more I read the more I see him as a pawn for bigger plans. Use that #2 with another pick (12?) for Jimmy G. Or, use it as leverage to move up in this draft or the 2018. Either way....I don't think Ostweiler is the goal. He is simply the means to achieve the goal.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Holy crap! I've read every post and I thought Brock was our new QB!!

Just kidding man. wink

gmstrong

-----------------

Legend
Legend
well played, Sashi. Well played. :slowclap:

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
C
Legend
Legend
C
Barnwell on the trade:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18865828/making-sense-unprecedented-brock-osweiler-trade-nfl

(If you missed my earlier post, Bill Barnwell said we should do this trade in December.)

Legend
Legend
Barnwell on the trade:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18865828/making-sense-unprecedented-brock-osweiler-trade-nfl

(If you missed my earlier post, Bill Barnwell said we should do this trade in December.)

I didn't even know that the NFL would even consider to veto this trade.

What's wrong with dumping salary for a pick? He's still getting paid.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy
Barnwell on the trade:

I didn't even know that the NFL would even consider to veto this trade.

What's wrong with dumping salary for a pick? He's still getting paid.

Because they have rules about buying draft picks. What we did is not technically buying a draft pick, but everyone knows what we did.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Works for me

gmstrong

-----------------

W
Rookie
Rookie
W
I like this.

Hopefully they will keep him. He is clearly a stop gap. However, he is an average stop gap. This is a lot more than can be said for any other QB currently on the Browns roster.

With the additions that they have made on the offensive line, they have pretty much put themselves in a position to use ALL of their picks on best available talent.

THIS FRICKING RULES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why?????????

BECAUSE THEY DONT HAVE ANY TALENT !!!!!!!!!!!

Having 11 picks to use SPECIFICALLY on acquiring best available talent is simply fantastic.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: WebsterSlaughter
Hopefully they will keep him. He is clearly a stop gap. However, he is an average stop gap. This is a lot more than can be said for any other QB currently on the Browns roster.

Brock Osweiler was one of the worst QBs in league history last year. There are probably fifty QBs I would take over him.

This sounds like a fun exercise (off the top of my head):

Rodgers, Hundley, Stafford, Bradford, Taylor, Brady, Garoppolo, Tannehill, Moore, Mariota, Bortles, Luck, Savage, Roethlisberger, Dalton, Flacco, Kessler, Palmer, Wilson, Kaepernick, Goff, Manning, Wentz, Cousins, McCoy, Romo, Prescott, Ryan, Newton, Winston, Brees, Rivers, Lynch, Carr, Smith, Cutler, and Hoyer.

That's 37 guys. I am sure I could come up with thirteen more guys if I put a little thought into (and I'm sure I missed some obvious ones).

Osweiler is really, really bad. He refuses to throw down field (his average pass only went 3.5 yards in the air and this is with Hopkins and Fuller on his team). There are other QBs who throw similarly short passes (Manning and Stafford for example), but they don't turn over the ball at the same rate as Osweiler. He had 16 INTs in 15 games. That's straight up terrible (and I'm guessing his adjusted interception rate will only be worse, but I don't have access to that information right now).

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
How much of Osweiler did you watch in 2016? I kind of shared your opinion initially, but I decided to go back and watch some film on Brock. From what I saw (3 of those every pass videos of NFL games [OAK, CHI, DEN], 2 college games [USC and Utah] on draftbreakdown, 1 highlights, and 1 lowlights) he seemed to get victimized by a lot of drops. I don't know if he doesn't throw a "catchable ball", but I'm of the opinion if it hits a receiver's hands he should catch it.

Brock does throw a pretty deep ball and moves well in the pocket. He definitely has flaws, but I think what he does well matches with Hue pretty well. We're on the hook for his full salary this year, so unless someone offers something crazy to take him we might as well take a look at him. It's not like we have any world beaters at the position.

We could trade for Jimmy G, but the price they are talking about is ridiculous now. More than 2 firsts? No thanks. I think BB heard the why would they trade him if he was any good talk and decided to "bluff by going all in." I'm not saying Jimmy G is a bad QB, but BB has a great poker face. I'm not sure if Jimmy G is BB sitting on pocket aces or he's hoping to hit the flush on the river.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
D
1st String
1st String
D
Originally Posted By: GrimmBrown

We could trade for Jimmy G, but the price they are talking about is ridiculous now. More than 2 firsts? No thanks. I think BB heard the why would they trade him if he was any good talk and decided to "bluff by going all in." I'm not saying Jimmy G is a bad QB, but BB has a great poker face. I'm not sure if Jimmy G is BB sitting on pocket aces or he's hoping to hit the flush on the river.

You're right about one thing Grimm, BB is holding on to his card. I doubt he will do anything until it gets close to draft day or during the draft. He is setting the market to maximize the potential trade in his favor. The Browns are doing the same, setting the board with the amassed draft picks. We can deal if we want to. But the front office should not give up the farm for JG.

Just the dawg in me..........
C
Legend
Legend
C
Teams don't bench their $37 million quarterback because of drops. It also came out the Osweiler had problems with the Texans' coaching staff towards the end of the season.

I watched Osweiler only when he was on TV. He was bad.

E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
I don't think the Browns FO big plan is to spend multiple assests to acquire 1 player. It seems completely counter to their other moves.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: edromeo
I don't think the Browns FO big plan is to spend multiple assests to acquire 1 player. It seems completely counter to their other moves.

I can't imagine that either. Not a JG fan. I'm not trading multiple seconds ( or anything like that) for a guy who's not exactly a proven commodity.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Jimmy Garoppolo says goodbye to Boston in instagram post

In an instagram post early Friday morning, New England Patriots quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo said a goodbye to the city of Boston.

“So grateful for my time in New England. Peace out Boston,” the message on Garoppolo’s verified instagram account read.

The clear indication is that Garoppolo won’t be a Patriots quarterback much longer. Next stop Cleveland?

The Browns have been furiously pushing for a trade of Garoppolo in recent weeks. The Patriots have been hesitant to consider moving the backup to Tom Brady and possibly future starter in New England in the post-Brady era. Nevertheless, the Browns have continued to express their interest in trading for Garoppolo despite his making just two total starts in three seasons in New England.

With Cleveland acquiring an additional 2018 second-round pick from Houston in exchange for being a vehicle for the Texans salary dump of quarterback Brock Osweiler, the Browns may finally have sufficient draft capital to coax the Patriots into accepting a trade. With 11 draft picks stockpiled in each of the next two drafts, if Cleveland doesn’t have enough picks to get a deal done no one does.

Garoppolo’s instragram post obviously hints he’ll be playing elsewhere in 2017. Where that would be is still unknown but Cleveland is the most likely destination.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...instagram-post/

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
come to papa jimmy!

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Brock TO cleveland

Link Copied to Clipboard