Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
I think Trubisky also knew this was his best chance of being picked on the 1st round, that's how much confidence he has and his winner spirit.

I would never hire a guy who told me he had nothing more to learn on his last job while not having won anything, individualy or in the team, and that sat on the bench for 2/3rs of the time.

Its not only the small number of starts, but why the small number of stats, and why didn't he stay another year to make sure he was going to be the best QB.

I also don't see any attribute that makes him a sound prospect... he's a project at best and IMHO not even the best project in this draft.. Kizer and Webb have much better measurables.

Last edited by rastanplan; 03/24/17 01:17 PM.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
There's a HUGE difference in what you did in your "last season" verses "your ONLY season"!

smile

Actually ... no, there's not ... at least not in Mitch's case ... as there one in the same in THIS CASE ... thumbsup

P
Legend
Legend
P
Well, since usually a coaching staff and FO gets four years to prove themselves, ( Well in a normal organization anyway ), and since most highly drafted QB's get at least three years to prove themselves, they had better be right. Because when you do the math, their careers will depend on it.

There's no way I'd put my career at stake on a one hit wonder.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
E
edromeo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
E
Originally Posted By: rastanplan
Because you were the one stating that starting status of a player in college was anedoctal
Yes.

Quote:
, so in order to try to understand your line of thinking, I wanted to know what is important to you and how does Mitch Trubisky fare to have an high grade.
My line of thinking is that for me, evaluation of a player is about skillset not about circumstances.

I never said Mitch had a high grade, that's your assumption. All I said was that the conversation about whether he started or didn't start or didn't beat this person out and why etc...was anecdotal to me whether I have a high grade on him or not.

Quote:
Does Trubisky excel at anything?
Hmmnnn...He's an above average athlete. He's got ability to improvise. He throws the ball clean with a consistent and repeatable motion. He's tough. He's got a good frame. He executed his college offense at high level.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Well, since usually a coaching staff and FO gets four years to prove themselves, ( Well in a normal organization anyway ), and since most highly drafted QB's get at least three years to prove themselves, they had better be right. Because when you do the math, their careers will depend on it.

That last part is a big part of what it comes down to. I do find it interesting that some are saying no way to Trubisky because he's only had one year to look at while others are saying go all in for Darnold next year base on - ONE YEAR. (Not saying you are, Pit). What it Darnold's next season is horrible? What if he gets injured and doesn't have a next season? I'm not sure where I stand on that. Just some things to think about, but I do like the potential that I see in Trubisky.

There may be people who have more talent than you, but there's no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.
-Derek Jeter
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
They also say he might not come out next year. You can't just think the FO is saying wait till next year on a QB. There might not be a next year. They have to plan now, with what they got and how to use it. As long as they don't use the #1, they can take any QB after that. wink

Dawginit since Jan. 24, 2000 Member #180
You can't fix yesterday but you can learn for tomorrow
#GMSTRONG

I want to do it as a Cleveland Brown because that's who I am.”
Legend
Legend
Quote:
they can take any QB after that. wink

That's a terrible thought process.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
E
Legend
Legend
E
Then go back to his HS season...

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: CBFAN19

That last part is a big part of what it comes down to. I do find it interesting that some are saying no way to Trubisky because he's only had one year to look at while others are saying go all in for Darnold next year base on - ONE YEAR. (Not saying you are, Pit). What it Darnold's next season is horrible? What if he gets injured and doesn't have a next season? I'm not sure where I stand on that. Just some things to think about, but I do like the potential that I see in Trubisky.

Here is one that is more amazing. There are people dismissing Trub's lack of starts in college, but many people are dissing Jimmy G because he only has 4 career starts in the NFL, while he had....let me think.....43 career starts in college.

Their "logic tells them that Jimmy G is risky because of lack of starts, but Trub's lack of starts is not risky. LOL

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 03/24/17 07:53 PM.
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Who was the last QB who had this little starts? Sanchez?

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: BpG
Who was the last QB who had this little starts? Sanchez?

E
Legend
Legend
E

Their "logic tells them that Jimmy G is risky because of lack of starts, but Trub's lack of starts is not risky. LOL

One is talked about utilizing #12.
The other is being talked about using a little more than 12 and if you talk to the Pats they want 2-4 first rounders.

There is a difference. Also I can't speak for others but I'm looking at Trubisky...didn't want to say Trib and confuse you. I'm looking at him in what kind of QB he will be 4 years from now putting him at the same age as JG.

I would like either one. On this team...I would feel better with Trubisky at 12.

jmho

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

V
Legend
Legend
V
That's fair. My point is that there is risk w/any pick.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Thanks for the GRADE of "Fair"...lol later

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2017 NFL Season 2017 NFL Draft Film Breakdown: Mitch Trubisky

Link Copied to Clipboard