Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Legend
Legend
I don't know why people would be against having Gordon on the team, it's not really costing us anything and we don't have to "rely" on him.

Treat him like a walk-on. Draft WRs like you would if he wasn't on the roster. If he lights it up and stays out of trouble, we've got ourselves a top WR without having to do much. If he gets suspended, we get the roster spot back anyway.

M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Originally Posted By: Swish
No GM in the league is gonna let that kind of talent walk, unless they are already set at that position.

It's why the jaguars waited so long until they finally cut Justin Blackmon, and that dude is waaay worse than anything we're dealing with Flash over.

So it makes sense that they would change their tune, especially if there's a decent shot of him being reinstated. We still have him for what? 2 more years?

All he has to do (lol, I know) is stay clean and ball out these next two years, and he's gonna get paid.

I don't know how Clem would put it, but I bet this was the tune that was playing deeper within the orchestration than what we've been hearing higher up the football melody if you will.
If he has his head together, I keep him, play his contract out, and if he does well, sign I'm long term or tag him and get the most wins out of him I can.

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
F
All Pro
All Pro
F
I'd love to see a cleaned up Flash Gordon back on the team. Then focus on the defense in the draft (maybe a QB) and lets see what we have. Minimal cost, high reward and you never know what could happen.

And the next head coach is ......
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Well, well...this seems worth sharing.

Quote:
Browns EVP Sashi Brown on Josh Gordon: We’re not in position at wide receiver to turn down a guy like Josh if we feel he’s settled himself.

https://twitter.com/TonyGrossi/status/847102221296709632

thumbsdown

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish
No GM in the league is gonna let that kind of talent walk, unless they are already set at that position.

It's why the jaguars waited so long until they finally cut Justin Blackmon, and that dude is waaay worse than anything we're dealing with Flash over.

So it makes sense that they would change their tune, especially if there's a decent shot of him being reinstated. We still have him for what? 2 more years?

All he has to do (lol, I know) is stay clean and ball out these next two years, and he's gonna get paid.

Justin Blackmon has never been cut.

He is under contract to the Jaguars, but his contract never "ages" while he is suspended. If he is ever reinstated, they can cut him the next day if they want, but they can't cut him while he is suspended.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg
I don't know why people would be against having Gordon on the team, it's not really costing us anything and we don't have to "rely" on him.

Treat him like a walk-on. Draft WRs like you would if he wasn't on the roster. If he lights it up and stays out of trouble, we've got ourselves a top WR without having to do much. If he gets suspended, we get the roster spot back anyway.

But that's not the way it would work.

Face it, Gordon is a talented player, especially if he started out against 3rd string DBs. He's race up the depth chart, because hie talent would demand it. Then if he got himself suspended again, r his head went sideways again, then we're playing catch up getting someone else ready to take his spot.

He has screwed this team, and his teammates, way too many times. If another team manages to harness his talent and get something out of him, great. However the Browns need to be working on players who will actually be here, and who want to be here.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
+1 thumbsup

Plus 1? A man of God is encouraging posters to try and abuse other posters w/nonsense?

Typically, the offending poster and at least three of you misunderstood my point.

Arguing about whether or not the team had no chance to keep a guy or not is fruitless. No one can prove anything. On either side.

Blaming the FO exclusively for not trying to keep the players is wrong.

Blaming the player exclusively by saying he never wanted to play here [and thereby questioning his character] is even worse.

The truth is this:

--The Browns would be better off w/those players.

--Even if the players didn't want to re-sign w/the Browns, what does that really tell us? That each and every one of those guys are the devil reincarnated, or is there something about those in charge that turns players off?

Go ask your God the answer to those questions, Pastor.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
+1 thumbsup

Plus 1? A man of God is encouraging posters to try and abuse other posters w/nonsense?

Typically, the offending poster and at least three of you misunderstood my point.

Arguing about whether or not the team had no chance to keep a guy or not is fruitless. No one can prove anything. On either side.

Blaming the FO exclusively for not trying to keep the players is wrong.

Blaming the player exclusively by saying he never wanted to play here [and thereby questioning his character] is even worse.

The truth is this:

--The Browns would be better off w/those players.

--Even if the players didn't want to re-sign w/the Browns, what does that really tell us? That each and every one of those guys are the devil reincarnated, or is there something about those in charge that turns players off?

Go ask your God the answer to those questions, Pastor.

That entire post should've been beneath you. I guess it wasn't though.

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Keep spinning!

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Keep it civil, guys. Don't want to see anyone "sent off the ice"...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
P
Legend
Legend
P
Not My Intent Vers, I was agreeing with his point not against you ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
V
Legend
Legend
V
I have been trying to ignore Memphis because people say that they don't like the bickering. However, it bothere me when you say "plus 1" when he obviously and intentionally misconstrued my meaning in yet another lame attempt to get people to pile on. See arch, for example.

It's what those guys do.

I am not backing down from my points. And I really don't care how many of you come at me!

Point 1:

Anyone who says they know that it's 100% the fault of either side is full of crap. Hell, I actually get on mac for blaming the FO for all of the failures. No one complains about that, but oh my....how dare someone say that the players aren't 100% at fault? Give me a freaking break!

Point 2:

Those players are gone and the Browns are a worse team because of it. Undeniable!

Point 3:

If the players truly left because there was "no way they would ever re-sign w/the Browns [which I don't believe] that actually is even a worse indictment on the FO and ownership because those players must think the powers that be are clueless.

Summary:

Once again, my point is that we should stop stating opinions as facts. This is way deeper than "the FO is totally to blame," or "the player is totally to blame."

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
it would be so neat if Martavis Bryant and Josh Gordon got reinstated on the same day.Hopefully soon for both of them.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Or not. LOL

Sorry mom.........you know I love you, but I think both guys are head cases that get way too much love from the fans and have done almost nothing but let their teams down repeatedly.

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
well - just hoping that both can turn the corner and start doing the right things. Love you too smile

Last edited by sk8termom; 03/29/17 08:22 PM.

#gmstrong
O
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
O
If Josh is running a solid recovery program, he deserves every chance to come back and show if he can regain his Pro Bowl form.

The NFL should be paying him restitution for the duration of his life for what they have done to him.

Sashi Brown appears to be getting sharper. He's getting it.

O
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
O
I love all of you.

And... I miss Coach B

love love

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
i love all of you too smile

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
The NFL should be paying him restitution for the duration of his life for what they have done to him.

Y'all never cease to amaze me.

Btw...........while I love mom, I really don't have similar sentiments about you. laugh

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Olskool711
I love all of you.

And... I miss Coach B

love love
brownie

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Legend
Legend
D
If Josh is running a solid recovery program, he deserves every chance to come back and show if he can regain his Pro Bowl form.

IMO, Josh doesn't deserve anything. He's a constant mistake. Make a mistake, you learn from it. Make many, you're just a loser.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Besides give him a platform to make millions of dollars playing a game, and multiple chances to do so regardless of how many times he broke actual rules.

What exactly have they done to him?

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R

Sashi Brown appears to be getting sharper. He's getting it.

He doesn't deserve anything at all. He might be LUCKY if he EVER has the priviledge to play again. The NFL doesn't owe him anything. He had a job and he broke the terms of employment. He was punished according to the rules and he knew what those rules were but he CHOSE to get high instead of make millions of dollars. That's on Josh and not the NFL.

I do hope the best for him and that he has truly turned his life around. I hope he does so well and we resign him to a long term deal and he becomes a legend like cris carter who took hitting rock bottom to stop using drugs.

Still the NFL doesn't owe him a darn thing.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I wont be bothered if we trade him (maybe we will package him like the Dolphins did Jamar?). But, if we keep him and he plays then he, Corey and Britt should cause major headaches for opposing teams. That is, if we have a QB who can deliver the ball to them!

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
If not Britt will surely cause a major headache here thumbsup

Legend
Legend
Quote:
It's GM's opinion, as well

Fact...... TP did not want to be here.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Thanks for settling that for me, GM.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
My pleasure bro.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Quote:
This is way deeper than "the FO is totally to blame," or "the player is totally to blame."

You're absolutely right, it is much deeper. So based on that logic and how many times you blame the FO for losing Mack and Schwartz, keep this point in mind. If you want to tell people not to bring up "x" player because they are gone, I expect you to leave the those two guys' situation from last year in the dust.

Practice what you preach.

Tackles are tackles.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
Quote:

So, you spoke to Pryor and he told that to you directly?

B
Legend
Legend
B
Sometimes actions speak louder than words.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J/C..

It would bother me to see Gordon go to another team and tear it up and be a great WR for them.

I would rather keep him and see what he can prove. If he can be a great WR for us that be awesome. If not sit on the bench...because you aren't going anywhere and tearing it up for another team.

Then again if the FO can get something good for him..Deal him.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm as disappointed as anyone in Josh and how he's conducted himself. Last year was completely nuts. All set to come back, and then boom, psyche! It's annoying, and distracting, and disturbing to the team and the fan base.

BUT. People do mature differently, at different rates. When we look at professional football players, we see grown men, playing a grown man's game for huge money. And a good percentage of them are mature enough to handle the success and fame (though many are not). It is easy to forget, because of their size, poise and position, that these young men, in many ways, are still boys without the maturity it takes to approach their lives with intelligence and restraint. It's my HOPE that Gordon has grown over the past few years. That last season was a sincere move toward getting his life together.

We shall see. I hold him no ill will. I want him to succeed, and hope he can develop into the player he is surely meant to be. Given all that, I have no problem giving him yet another chance. We hold his contract for two years. Plenty of time to see if he has what it takes (mentally). I would absolutely hate it if we cut him and he went on to succeed for (the Patriots) another team.

JMHO

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

He apparently turned down a 4 years, 8 million a year deal to take a one year 8 million deal with Washington.

If that doesn't say he didn't want to be here, I'm not sure what does.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
Quote:

He apparently turned down a 4 years, 8 million a year deal to take a one year 8 million deal with Washington.

If that doesn't say he didn't want to be here, I'm not sure what does.

In all fairness, the same sequence of events could have been very similar to what happened to Mitchell Schwartz. He had an offer from us, over valued himself, came back wanting the original deal, then said we said no, that deal is off the table. I don't know if that how it went down, but I don't think it's necessarily a direct correlation to what was offered and what was accepted with another team that TP didn't want to be here.

I said this before and I think it bears repeating....long-term, this may be a good thing for the Browns. Yes, it sucks he is not on the roster, however, this is twice now that the front office met or exceeded market value for a player heading into FA, and that player never got what he thought he would. Couple in the fact, IF the Pryor situation was similar to Schwartz, if you don't take the fair deal the FO makes, you aren't getting it again, so sign on when you have the chance.

Moving forward, I think this carries weight for future contracts that the Browns aren't cheap and can target what a player's value is before hitting the market.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend

The NFL owes Josh nothing.
The NFL did nothing to him; he did it all to himself.
If Josh wants the opportunities, he has to first earn them, then choose to not waste them.

Grace does not last forever.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think they blew the Schwartz deal, through ego. Having said that, if this type of negotiations help to send the message that we are no longer a doormat in the NFL, a team to sign to as a last resort to collect a large paycheck, I don't mind it so much. It may hurt short term, but it should help long term, particularly when the team starts winning.

JMHO

#gmstrong
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
It would be nice to have Schwartz at this time. We have a good line now but with him, rock solid!

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: CalDawg

BUT. People do mature differently, at different rates. When we look at professional football players, we see grown men, playing a grown man's game for huge money. And a good percentage of them are mature enough to handle the success and fame (though many are not). It is easy to forget, because of their size, poise and position, that these young men, in many ways, are still boys without the maturity it takes to approach their lives with intelligence and restraint. It's my HOPE that Gordon has grown over the past few years. That last season was a sincere move toward getting his life together.

We shall see. I hold him no ill will. I want him to succeed, and hope he can develop into the player he is surely meant to be. Given all that, I have no problem giving him yet another chance. We hold his contract for two years. Plenty of time to see if he has what it takes (mentally). I would absolutely hate it if we cut him and he went on to succeed for (the Patriots) another team.

JMHO

If Josh gets sober and gets his life together, we have a 25 year old WR. By my math, that means that he'd have gotten past his addictions and turned his life around a full decade quicker than I did. While this timeline may not make everyone happy, I see first hand every week how difficult it is for young people to accept that they aren't Super Human and have to change. If he sincerely "gets it" at this age and can return, that man needs to be commended.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I didn't want to lose him, thought he got a bad rap by many fans and media. I also believe the FO should've simply resigned him when he came back to take the offer. The whole "we showed him" thing was petty and poor business practice, IMHO.

#gmstrong
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Josh Gordon News, Continued....

Link Copied to Clipboard