Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:

I disagree Trubisky is most certainly worth the 1st overall pick and he will be a good QB in this league. Most importantly he is a football player, he LOVES football and he loves OHIO. NO ONE will work harder to win here then Mitchell.

Quote:
this talk of Trubisky not being worth a top 5 pick is nonsense...the kid is a winner

Do you have some kind of evidence to support these claims? I think I read something about him loving Ohio, but where did you find the rest of your information?

Does going 8 and 5 make him a "winner?"

What about working harder than anyone? How do you know that? He couldn't even beat out Marquise Williams for the starting job.

How do you know he loves football more than other quarterbacks?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
How do you know he loves football more than other quarterbacks?

That's what I'm wondering, lol. Nothing against Trubisky, but this is a very confusing statement. What evidence is there that he loves football more than say...... Cody Kessler. Kessler, a guy who started three seasons for USC, and had to battle through two QB competitions, in his first two seasons starting?

And I'm not saying Kessler is better than Trub, just pointing out that statements like that are opinion with very little fact to back it up.

Quote:
What about working harder than anyone? How do you know that? He couldn't even beat out Marquise Williams for the starting job.

But this has some variables in it too. I mean, Williams was not that bad of a college QB, and that's just a decision made by a coach. If you look at newspapers covering UNC on the years that Trub wasn't starting, (especially 2015), they all talk about competition and many say they think that Trubisky should start.

In 2015 he appeared in 9 games, he went 40-47, 6 touchdown passes, with 3 touchdown runs. No interceptions. I don't like following stats too close, but I haven't watched any 2015 film of him. Point is, they aren't slouch numbers by any means.

Here's an article I found about Trub not starting in 2015 from the NewsObserver (which seems to be a site/paper that follows UNC close
http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/unc/unc-now/article139907438.html

In it the Coach says, "“For me to answer the question, it’s we had pretty good chemistry with (Williams),” Fedora said, looking back on why Williams won the job. “He did a great job of leading the team. Things were going well. I didn’t want to shake that up. And so I thought I did what was best for the football team.”

I guess that's a fair enough answer.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not favoring Trubisky at 1, just saying that there's a story to him not starting in 2015

Last edited by PeteyDangerous; 04/13/17 08:15 AM.

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
V
Legend
Legend
V
I am simply wondering where he found his information to come up w/those claims.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

Oh absolutely, just wanted to bring up a point in general that there's a story about the 2015 season and Williams.

I remember watching them play a game in 2015 (not sure vs who anymore though, wasn't against UConn), and ESPN/whoever really hyped up Marquise Williams. I remember that I wasn't that impressed with him specifically, but they were talking about potential and how the coaching staff loved him, and all sorts of other stuff.

He did have a pretty good season too. They lost the first game of the season to South Carolina, then ran the table till they played Clemson in the ACC Championship. It's not like Williams was a total bust or anything.

Just want to make the point that Marquise Williams holding onto his starting job is not like the biggest knock. He had a good season that year and so did UNC.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Okay, but how does that prove that Trub is "a winner?"

Legend
Legend

You're asking KoB to backup his claims with facts or legitimate sources?

Ever been to the Everything Else forum?

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P

He does that for every post. Anyone that claims Mario williams was a bust doesn't get much respect from me.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Okay, but how does that prove that Trub is "a winner?"

Oh, I thought that was nonsense.

Not sure where that comes from. I love that phrase anyway, "Winner"

I mean, was Ken Dorsey a winner? lol. How about that OSU QB, Craig Krenzel? And Colt McCoy. I think that phrase gets tossed around too much.

K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
Originally Posted By: clevesteve

You're asking KoB to backup his claims with facts or legitimate sources?

Ever been to the Everything Else forum?

Yup, because everything you read on the internet is true...as long as it has a link its factual......

cfrs15 #1258634 04/13/17 09:46 AM
K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
As for how I know about Trubisky, its really quite simple.

Only TWO players in this draft have "The Look" those two being Hooker and Trubisky. Very few people actually know what "The Look" is or even know what to look for. "The Look" actually is more then just the look in the eyes but the look in the eyes is part of it.

You can just see the success and passion just brimming out of both Trubkisky and Hooker....

The Browns can take whoever, im just telling you i will NEVER bet against someone who has "The Look" and Hooker and Trubisky are the only two who have it.....As Apollo Creed would say "Eye of the Tiger" Trubs and Hooker are the only two in this draft that have the "Eye of the Tiger" and you never bet against anyone who has it....Garret most certinaly does not have the Eye of the Tiger...he isn't hungry....he doesn't have the hopes and dreams Hooker and Trubs have.....Not everyone has hopes and dreams.

Garret is just satisfied with being taken #1 overall,just like Stone Cold Steve Austin told CM Punk the current WWE lockeroom is jsut full of guys happy to be on TV...they are not hungry like the guys in the old days were....that how this current draft is...Trubisky and Hooker are both hungry how guys like Ed Reed and Ray Lewis were hungry coming out of that draft.....you never bet against guys with "The Look" because most of the folks in the NFL HOF have it....many great athlete without "the Look" have just been satisfied with getting into the NFL while good players, never achieved greatness....these two have the best chance to achive such greatness simply because of "The Look" and how it makes them hungry...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
Very few people actually know what "The Look" is or even know what to look for. "The Look" actually is more then just the look in the eyes but the look in the eyes is part of it.

rofl

cfrs15 #1258636 04/13/17 09:51 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c, re: T-Rube,

When your best wins are a two point win over Florida State when their new kicker misses 3 FGs and a one score game against an injury depleted Miami defense where you only put up 20 points (none after the half), you lose to 4-8 Duke, and end the season on a losing streak when the games matter most, it's hard for me to attach the winner tag.

Quote:
Miami: Injuries are now a huge problem for Miami, which wasn't particularly deep to start the season. Defensive linemen Chad Thomas and Demetrius Jackson were knocked out of the game with injuries, and linebacker Michael Pinckey was shaken up twice -- but returned both times. The Hurricanes' defense was so depleted that some players not even on the two-deep saw action in the second half.

UNC v Miami Link

UNC was a really talented team and they underperformed. They could have double digit players drafted this year with the majority from the Offense.

I also question his leadership and not so much his intelligence, but his ability to apply the information he has. Like if you give him information he can spit it back out, but I'm not sure how well he really understands it-I'd point to the hard count snafu. This isn't really definite, but my impression. He can do what he is told, but I'm not sure how well he really processes.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Don't use KOB as the banner of those who do like Trubisky...lol laugh

I've said it from the beginning of draft talk. If HUE "LOVES"
Tribusky is is THE GUY according to him...he might be overall #1. Personally I think he like Trubisky over all the QBs but not to the extent of making him #1. There is a possibility that he could be the first QB taken in this draft at #12.

I like his Accuracy, Arm, Footwork, and several other variables. I also like the fact that he is from the area and a Browns fan. There is more likelihood that he would stay in Cleveland Long Term. Sometimes posters "PUFF" up their position on a player. Not everything requires a "LINK".

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
"The Look":

thumbsup

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
eotab #1258648 04/13/17 10:16 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: eotab
Don't use KOB as the banner of those who do like Trubisky...lol laugh

I've said it from the beginning of draft talk. If HUE "LOVES"
Tribusky is is THE GUY according to him...he might be overall #1. Personally I think he like Trubisky over all the QBs but not to the extent of making him #1. There is a possibility that he could be the first QB taken in this draft at #12.

I like his Accuracy, Arm, Footwork, and several other variables. I also like the fact that he is from the area and a Browns fan. There is more likelihood that he would stay in Cleveland Long Term. Sometimes posters "PUFF" up their position on a player. Not everything requires a "LINK".

jmho

Oh, don't get me wrong, I like Trubisky too. But to talk about "The Look" and how he can see "The Look" and very few can. Sounds like some craziness, like what we're fed by a cult leader.

Me, I like Trubisky. I'm not as down on him as many are. I'm good with it at the 12. Like I was saying, QBs are gonna be going to be in real demand, real soon. Better get one while you can because players will be retiring. I'd love to get the pick of whoever we want.

I just don't know about him at Number 1. Especially with Garrett there. I'd even consider trading up from 12 if the price is right.

But yes, if Hue says he's the guy, then I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, and he's the guy. I think Trubisky has all the tools to make it happen.

But I don't really care that he's from the Ohio area. Charlie Frye and Brady Quinn were from the Ohio Area, didn't really matter at all. When QBs show that they're good, rarely do they leave. I would assume the case would be the same for us, if we ever find ourselves a franchise QB

What I do like is what I see on the film that there is of Trubisky. He's got a strong enough arm, and he shows very good accuracy and poise int he pocket.

I'm not down on Kessler though either. I still say he's going to surprise people. I think with a full offseason of workouts/weight room, Kessler is going to be improved. He'll be more durable, and I think that we might see some arm strength improvement.

So many people on here say that arm strength can't be improved. I disagree. I think it can. And I think it also is over emphasized. Timing and anticipation are just as important. Peyton Manning certainly didn't come out of college with a rocket. Nor did Brady, nor did Drew Brees. I've heard that people knocked Aaron Rodgers Arm Strength out of college, but I'm not so sure about that. I wanted Rodgers at that 3 pick, and I thought I remembered him having a strong arm.

Point being, I like Kessler. And I certainly don't think he's going to go down without a fight to be the Browns starting QB Next Year......

Last edited by PeteyDangerous; 04/13/17 10:18 AM.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Coming from the area won't make him a better QB...my only point with that is if he becomes a Franchise QB he will be more cooperative in his 2nd and 3rd contracts to stay here...that's all.

thanks for the discussion...we pretty much are on the same page wink

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

eotab #1258654 04/13/17 10:24 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Coming from the area won't make him a better QB...my only point with that is if he becomes a Franchise QB he will be more cooperative in his 2nd and 3rd contracts to stay here...that's all.

thanks for the discussion...we pretty much are on the same page wink

I guess more cooperative on the contracts, but no matter what, if he's a franchise guy, he won't be going anywhere. Not many QBs move around anymore, if they're good.

Carson Palmer has, but had Kimo Von Offenhoffenoven or whatever his name is not fallen on his leg in that playoff game, Palmer would have been a career Bengal. That Steeler did a number on Palmer's career on one dirty play........

And had San Diego known what they had in Brees (and had he shown in SD what he showed in NO), they would have traded away Rivers

..... And as for discussion and same page, "What can I say, I guess, You're welcome" tongue

Last edited by PeteyDangerous; 04/13/17 10:27 AM.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PeteyDangerous
Not sure where that comes from. I love that phrase anyway, "Winner"

I mean, was Ken Dorsey a winner? lol. How about that OSU QB, Craig Krenzel? And Colt McCoy. I think that phrase gets tossed around too much.

John Elway was a loser too. 5-6 record his senior year and a losing win-percentage his entire college career. Marino lost three games his senior year too and under-achieved. You know who was a winner though? Todd Blackledge. He went 11-1 and won a national championship.

CalDawg #1258755 04/13/17 02:04 PM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: CalDawg
"The Look":

thumbsup

Not everyone has it.

#gmstrong
cfrs15 #1259628 04/16/17 09:51 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
Legend
Legend

It is very understandable why most believe that Garrett is the best player in the draft.

There is no doubt about his physical abilities. Plus there is tape to back it up.

At the same time there is tape to question him.

I am in favor of drafting him. You don't want to miss on a player with his potential.

At the same time it would not surprise me at all that Solomon Thomas could well turn out to be the better player.

cfrs15 #1260261 04/19/17 11:13 AM
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
I am in the vast minority here but I don't see Thomas being anything more than an average LE at best. He had one good game and even in that game, against average competition, there was plenty of meh tape. Well know in 3 years but imo he isn't a 1st round talent. I think McDowell is head and shoulders above him.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I don't know about not a first round talent, but I do think that Thomas is a little overrated. I don't see much difference between him and Lawson.

Fiercely Independent.
cfrs15 #1260272 04/19/17 11:38 AM
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
I see him about the same as Willis so I don't think we're too far off

E
Legend
Legend
E
1. just a few things about the tape.
2016 he played with a bum ankle most of the year. He concentrated more on securing his Run discipline.

He is a football player...not a track star on the edge. He is Suggs with Speed!

I know you were exaggerating for effect with that Garrett doesn't belong in the first round statement so I won't go further with it. wink

Get use to him being a Brown.

Williams is a good DC he can make guys better and more important Garrett is looking to learn and work hard to get better.

He will get his share of Reps with Joe Thomas opposite him...that is priceless.

What I'm looking forward to is Collins in 90 and Garrett in 5/7 coming at the QB from the same side!!! or even Collins coming inside as Garrett loops around.

Wiping up drool...

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I said this once, but I'll say it again, if we like Trub we'll take him at #1 not #12. There is no way we take a chance on him being there at #12 if we like him. We have to take him at #1. Now if we do wait and take him at #12 then it's a big reach and we should just take BPA on defense. IMO

Dawginit since Jan. 24, 2000 Member #180
You can't fix yesterday but you can learn for tomorrow
#GMSTRONG

I want to do it as a Cleveland Brown because that's who I am.”
Legend
Legend
So it's not a reach at #1.

But is at #12?

Wut?

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: bleednbrown
I said this once, but I'll say it again, if we like Trub we'll take him at #1 not #12. There is no way we take a chance on him being there at #12 if we like him. We have to take him at #1. Now if we do wait and take him at #12 then it's a big reach and we should just take BPA on defense. IMO

At this point in your post, you lost me... superconfused

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
eotab #1260499 04/19/17 09:05 PM
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
1. just a few things about the tape.
2016 he played with a bum ankle most of the year. He concentrated more on securing his Run discipline.

He is a football player...not a track star on the edge. He is Suggs with Speed!

I know you were exaggerating for effect with that Garrett doesn't belong in the first round statement so I won't go further with it. wink

Get use to him being a Brown.

Williams is a good DC he can make guys better and more important Garrett is looking to learn and work hard to get better.

He will get his share of Reps with Joe Thomas opposite him...that is priceless.

What I'm looking forward to is Collins in 90 and Garrett in 5/7 coming at the QB from the same side!!! or even Collins coming inside as Garrett loops around.

Wiping up drool...
that was about thomas....not garrett.

E
Legend
Legend
E
that was about thomas....not garrett.

grin In my Rosannadanna voice...Never mind.
lol sorry about that.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

cfrs15 #1260641 04/20/17 10:44 AM
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
No worries brother!

cfrs15 #1261145 04/21/17 09:21 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Came across some Myles Garrett interviews this morning.

Myles Garrett: The Road to Draft Night

Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
Shots fired.

Sapp Not Buying Garrett at No. 1

Widely considered to be an elite pass-rushing talent, Myles Garrett has all but solidified his place atop the boards of most, if not all, of the draft community.

A certain Hall of Fame defensive lineman doesn't seem to be hopping on the bandwagon.

Warren Sapp came out of the woodwork Sunday to blast the presumed No. 1 overall pick and offer up a late hot take about Garrett's game.

"I don't see it from this kid," Sapp said, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter. "I see the splash plays - everybody gets those. Where's the game he took over? Where? Any defensive lineman who's the No. 1 pick, you turn up and you say, 'There it is!' This kid, no, I don't. I'm a pretty plain and frank guy, and I watch the tape and he disappears. I watch the tape and he absolutely disappears."

Sapp went on to suggest that the hype surrounding Garrett is about measurables, and thus his perceived potential, more so than what he's actually proven capable of doing on the football field.

He questions how important the game of football is to the former Texas A&M star and says the dominance many others have seen is merely a matter of flashes.

"I see a lazy kid that makes four plays a game," Sapp said. "This is the No. 1 guy? No, no, no. This ain't even close."

Despite playing through injury in 2016, Garrett posted 8.5 sacks, giving him a total of 31 across his three seasons in the SEC. That number is good for second in conference history, behind only fellow draft prospect Derek Barnett.

Barring the surprise selection of a quarterback, the majority of the football world is expecting the Cleveland Browns to go with Garrett as a potential defensive cornerstone at No. 1 overall.

Proving the outspoken Sapp wrong should give him a little extra motivation as he begins his NFL career.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
I like what that might mean for Shelton inside as well. Just slobbering as well.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
cfrs15 #1261760 04/23/17 05:32 PM
Legend
Legend
Admittedly, I don't think Garrett is a sure-shot, can't-miss prospect. I have some worries (lack of production against top-tier competition, some injury history, kind of a different kid, etc) ... BUT, look at it from the other perspective: who DO you draft at #1 that you'd feel better about than Garrett? he's probably has the lowest floor/highest ceiling

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Who actually cares what Warren Sapp has to say?

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
ThatGuy #1261765 04/23/17 06:13 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy
Who actually cares what Warren Sapp has to say?
lol probably only warren sapp

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Sapp probably wants us to draft Hooker.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32
Originally Posted By: bleednbrown

At this point in your post, you lost me... superconfused

Ok, no problem. I am saying That if they like him enough to draft him in the first, then they would draft him at #1 and not take a chance on losing him. But if not, then taking a player at #12, unless he is BPA is a reach because they let him go at #1. It's not that hard to understand.

Dawginit since Jan. 24, 2000 Member #180
You can't fix yesterday but you can learn for tomorrow
#GMSTRONG

I want to do it as a Cleveland Brown because that's who I am.”
cfrs15 #1261788 04/23/17 06:46 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Sapp probably wants us to draft Hooker.

I see what you did there.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2017 NFL Season 2017 NFL Draft Myles Garrett

Link Copied to Clipboard