Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B
Originally Posted By: bleednbrown

Ok, no problem. I am saying That if they like him enough to draft him in the first, then they would draft him at #1 and not take a chance on losing him. But if not, then taking a player at #12, unless he is BPA is a reach because they let him go at #1. It's not that hard to understand.

What if they like Trub at #12?
Shouldn't they draft him then?

Last edited by BrownMoose; 04/23/17 07:02 PM.
cfrs15 #1261796 04/23/17 07:08 PM
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Sapp probably wants us to draft Hooker.

That was totally hilarious!

cfrs15 #1261809 04/23/17 07:35 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Warren Sapp has always been a provocateur. Except he has no platform to say his garbage and I could care less about him...

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Warren Sapp is entitled to his opinion. IMO MG has all the tools and this should only motivate him more. However, if MG needs a little more motivation we have a new DC that will be more than happy to help him. GW probably can't wait to get a young player like MG in camp and push and teach him to be as good as he can be. MG has a lot of talent and can be as good as he wants. I don't think GW will let it be wasted.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32
I said this once, but I'll say it again, if we like Trub we'll take him at #1 not #12. There is no way we take a chance on him being there at #12 if we like him. We have to take him at #1. Now if we do wait and take him at #12 then it's a big reach and we should just take BPA on defense. IMO

At this point in your post, you lost me... superconfused

Ok, no problem. I am saying That if they like him enough to draft him in the first, then they would draft him at #1 and not take a chance on losing him. But if not, then taking a player at #12, unless he is BPA is a reach because they let him go at #1. It's not that hard to understand.

First off. Any of these QBs at 12 is a reach.

Not the point.

The point is, just because you pass on someone. Doesn't mean drafting them later is a "reach"

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
ThatGuy #1261950 04/24/17 10:43 AM
E
Legend
Legend
E
Does Warren Sapp get his information from his Prostitute?

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
cfrs15 #1261994 04/24/17 12:51 PM
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Quote:
Historical pre-draft cliche on dynamic defensive linemen is "takes plays off." GM: "Such BS. In an era of 90-100 plays, even bigger BS."

https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/856513839877304320

cfrs15 #1262194 04/24/17 06:58 PM
E
Legend
Legend
E
Didn't watch too much film but most runs were to the other side...I guess some of those is where they said he took plays off.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

eotab #1262221 04/24/17 07:40 PM
Legend
Legend
If Grossi could play NFL ball, he might be another Sapp . . . .

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
cfrs15 #1262255 04/24/17 08:07 PM
B
Rookie
Rookie
B
I just watched the 2015 highlights of Myles Garrett, his best college year, to really see how he plays and where his sacks come from. Here is a quick rundown:

Arizona State - Jumped the snap without getting a penalty call and chased down the QB unblocked - sack.

ARK - Beat the LT for a sack. (Good play)

MISS - Came in unblocked on a screen pass and blocked and intercepted.

ALA - Unblocked on a punt, came from right side, beat RB and reached out to block punt.

MISS - Unblocked shot in and tackled RB in backfield and forced fumble

Missouri - Went wide around LT, barely touched, sacked QB forced fumble

ALA - Soundly beat LT for a sack

AZ St - Play action fake, everyone went to ball and Garret was left unblocked and went right to QB for sack. (Weird play)

LOU - Left unblocked sacked QB

NEV - Went wide and beat LT, no resistance, sack

??? - Unblocked, tackled RB in backfield

Miss St - Pushed LT back in pocket, LT steps back and trips Dak Prescott.

Summary - he had 2 good plays where he actually beat a LT straight up. But, 6 of twelve of his big plays, he was left totally unblocked. On 3 others, he beat the other team off the ball, but got minimal resistance. He forced a couple fumbles and an interception. He always is trying for the strip on tackles. To me, it looks like as long as he is unblocked or nearly unblocked, he will make a play - count on it. But going straight up mano y mano against LT's, not much to see there.

Watch a video of Derek Barnett and contrast. He is beating LTs and RTs play after play. I actually think he will be the better pro.

Brownout #1262261 04/24/17 08:13 PM
L
Legend
Legend
L
I'm not sure you're right, but thanks for the observations. I still think he will create havoc in a Browns uniform and will go to many Pro Bowls.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
lampdogg #1262353 04/24/17 10:51 PM
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Gregg Williams is the wild card. He will, based on reputation, not except anything but 100% effort from all our d players. Not sure we've ever had DC like him since our return.

Brownout #1262433 04/25/17 09:33 AM
E
Legend
Legend
E
Amazing Talent at a position (edge Rusher)
that has always been predicated on amazing talent.

He will make D7 all better than where they are at.
jmho

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
Gregg Williams is the wild card. He will, based on reputation, not except anything but 100% effort from all our d players. Not sure we've ever had DC like him since our return.

Homewood...you sir, are 100% correct.
The key to Myles Garrett's success in Cleveland will be tied to the individuals who will be teaching him.

After I reviewed MGs game performances over the last 3 seasons, I pointed out the fact that Garrett does indeed take plays off and he does seem to lack effort at times. This behavior was more noticeable in the 2016 season vs the two previous seasons. I know about his injury situation during the 2016 season and did factor it in to my opinion.

I was not sure about the Browns taking Garrett at #1 until I factored in who his defensive coach would be should the Browns draft Garrett at #1.

Gregg Williams might be the best thing to happen to Myles Garrett and his NFL career. Gregg Williams, with his 35 years of coaching experience..27 yrs at the NFL level..is the reason why I believe Myles Garrett would be the perfect draft pick for the Browns at #1.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Brownout #1262457 04/25/17 11:04 AM
E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
Originally Posted By: Brownout
Summary - he had 2 good plays where he actually beat a LT straight up. But, 6 of twelve of his big plays, he was left totally unblocked. On 3 others, he beat the other team off the ball, but got minimal resistance. He forced a couple fumbles and an interception. He always is trying for the strip on tackles. To me, it looks like as long as he is unblocked or nearly unblocked, he will make a play - count on it. But going straight up mano y mano against LT's, not much to see there.....
Watch a video of Derek Barnett and contrast. He is beating LTs and RTs play after play. I actually think he will be the better pro.
Imho to really get a feel for how one prospect stacks up against others or the field requires a qualitative and quantitative count of how they get their production compared to everyone else.

For layman like myself its too much data to process alone. I rely on sites like PFF for that type of data and Garrett grades out well he's up there with Derek Barnett (who i've always liked btw, i advocated taking Allen at 1 then Barnett at 12 awhile back).

I think the fact that over Garrett's career he has generated pressures, QB hits and sackes shouldn't imho be unquestioned.

But its he's freakish athleticism that makes him the top edge rusher. The play you mentioned against ole miss? Where he tips a pass then jumps to make the int is an example of his rare physical attributes.

mac #1262471 04/25/17 12:07 PM
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Thank you Mac I appreciate your response to my post. I post my opinions on these forums it doesn't mean I'm right but some I feel very strong about. I really feel we should draft MG. I really feel with all these picks in a deep draft we should let the draft come to us and not trade picks, especially in the 1st 3 rounds, to move up. I don't feel we should take a QB high because I feel there's not much difference in the top 5 rated guys. Am I right, who knows, but I think we have a great opportunity to turn this franchise around. We had a good FA period now let's have a great draft. thumbsup

eotab #1262776 04/26/17 06:04 AM
D
Legend
Legend
D
Myles Garrett - DL - Player

Appearing on the Dan Patrick Show Tuesday night, NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah said, "I haven't talked to one personnel guy that has an issue with Myles Garrett and his effort."
This has gotten some media attention in recent days, likely in a plot from some other team in trying to somehow scare the Browns off Garrett at No. 1 overall. But it's simply make believe, and world-class bonehead and ex-NFL Network "talent" Warren Sapp added fuel to it by calling Garrett out earlier this week for being "lazy". ESPN's Todd McShay ripped Sapp's evaluation on Tuesday, and some have even questioned if Sapp has ever even seen Garrett play a snap. We doubt it.

Source: Dan Patrick Show Apr 25 - 10:58 PM

cfrs15 #1262783 04/26/17 06:39 AM
Legend
Legend
Seeing Garrett standing next to Von Miller on NFL Network. Dang. I knew he was big, but dang.

No way we pass on Garrett. He has the size to be put anywhere on the line.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
If he plays up to his ability he'll be the next Von Miller. He'll make our other D players that much better.

cfrs15 #1262937 04/26/17 01:18 PM
K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
The Hype train for Garrett is real...the reality is...taking him will be the biggest mistake the franchise has made in decades

Quote:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...1-overall-pick/

“I don’t see it from this kid,” Sapp told Adam Schefter of ESPN. “I see the splash plays; everybody gets those. Where’s the game he took over? Where? Any defensive lineman who’s the No. 1 pick, you turn up and you say, ‘There it is!’ This kid, no, I don’t. I’m a pretty plain and frank guy, and I watch the tape and he disappears. I watch the tape, and he absolutely disappears.”

“It’s all about measurable,” Sapp said. “Once you hit the measurable, it’s tough to get them old scout people off the numbers, and that’s what [Garrett] has. He’s big, and he’s fast. Now some defensive line coach is thinking, ‘I can turn him into something.’ How? I’m trying to figure this out. Really? Are we lowering the bar? . . .

“I see a lazy kid that makes four plays a game. This is the No. 1 guy? No, no, no. This ain’t even close.”[u][/u]

‘I don’t think this kid is as good as Courtney Brown either,’ Sapp said.”

Sapp has this kid pegged...he is sooo over -rated, and not only that, but he's lazy...Gregg Williams can't change lazy...People are motivated by their own self interests....Willaims can't change him, Garret will have to want to change on his own, and good luck with that.

This is a big reason i want Trubisky, because he isn't lazy and he actually wants to be here and if for some reason Mitch wouldn't work out(very very small possibility, the kid will be a good QB), it WONT be because of lack of effort or heart...Garrett most certainly will fail because of lack of effort and lack of heart, things that can't be coached.

Gregg Willaims will have a smuch success changing Garrett lazines as Mike Pettine had in curing Manziel drinking issues...good luck

Garret has all sorts of red flags everywhere, but all people care about is the numbers...those numbers Garret put at the combine DO NOT make him a football player.

A small part of me will hope Mitchell is the pick, if he isn't i'll cheer Mitchell wherever he goes and he will be great I have no doubts. Im really hoping he will be great here....guess we will see how the cards fall soon enough.

Sapp is a Hall of Famer...he knows what it takes to be great...he sees the mediocity that is Garret, just like Jim Brown saw the mediocity that was Trent Richardson, but no one wanted to listen...will we ever learn from our mistakes? These HOF'ers are rarely wrong....they know football.

As a "football player" even Sapp says Courtney Brown was more talented, its not all about the damn Combine numbers.

Last edited by Knight_Of_Brown; 04/26/17 01:19 PM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Good grief, Sapp put down your crack pipe.

[Linked Image]

FL_Dawg #1262947 04/26/17 01:55 PM
K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
Originally Posted By: FL_Dawg
Good grief, Sapp put down your crack pipe.

Sapp's not wrong...Courtney Brown was a better "Football Player" coming out...Brown had much better hand work, he had far more then just a spin move, Brown didn't rely 100% on just his physical attributes, Brown had a great swim move, Brown was very well polished all around, Far better hand work, far better at setting an edge in the run game...the only thing that kept Brown from working out were injuries...just bad luck.

Garrett on the other hand is a project...no swim move, has nothing but a spin move, relies on bull rush or just being faster, and that don't work in the NFL(See Kamerion Wimbley)

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/browns...with-no-1-pick/

Right now there are clashes going on in the Front Office between coaching staff and Brown and Depodesta on who too pick.

Odds are the plan last year was to take the QB this year, and Depodesta wants to stick to that plan regardless of Garret and they should...when you make a longterm strategic plan you MUST stay the course and see it though period...this is what Successful organizations do...dropping everything and deviating from the plan because of one guy just upsets everything.

It will be interesting to see who wins out in this little struggle.

If we trade down a few spots and take a QB Depodesta wins, if we take the QB Depodesta wins,If we trade up for the QB, Depodesta wins, if we take Garret the coaching staff wins and I see Depodesta probably exiting shortly after.

I slowly came around to the analytics thing...looking at the anaylitics it makes no sense to take Garret when your rebuilding the team from the ground up the way Depodesta wants to....passing on the QB is like passing on a Cy Younf award winning pitcher(Trubisky) for a Catcher(Garret)...the Pitcher is winning games, the Catcher isn't.

There is very real contention right now in the Browns FO who to take....they hired Depodesta for unique expertise...just this once they need to give him the nod....he knows what he is doing as much as it pains me to say it...were too used to making the wrong choice to know what the right choice is.....let the Analytic whiz do his thing..

its going to be very interesting

Garrett will struggle as a

O
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
O
Sorry man, Sapp is probably the last player I would ever take any stock in listening too. Just because someone was a good player does not mean they know what to look for. Garrett was considered the #1 pick even before the combine so that last comment makes no sense.

cfrs15 #1262951 04/26/17 02:02 PM
All Pro
All Pro
I don't think Garrett is lazy, I just think that after he gets some money in the bank he's going to start being more interested in his "other interests". I hate to say it, but he just doesn't feel like he NEEDS football and in my opinion that's what you have to have to be a great pro...

I'm hoping that Silver's reports of us talking to teams in the top 8 was misconstrued and it's about us trading back from #1, not trading up from #12. Pipe dream I know...

Last in, first out, the sign of a true champion!
[Linked Image from i301.photobucket.com]
cfrs15 #1262952 04/26/17 02:03 PM
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
"Odds are the plan last year was to take the QB this year, and Depodesta wants to stick to that plan regardless of Garret and they should" This sounds nothing like DePo's reasoning and logic.

cfrs15 #1262953 04/26/17 02:03 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
knight go get your Garrett jersy wink

CHSDawg #1262956 04/26/17 02:06 PM
O
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
O
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
"Odds are the plan last year was to take the QB this year, and Depodesta wants to stick to that plan regardless of Garret and they should" This sounds nothing like DePo's reasoning and logic.

Nothing in Knights reply sounds anything like Depodesta's thinking. Nothing the typed makes any sort of sense

M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
Sashi Brown tells @MikeSilver known for 2 wks who he'll take at 1, 'not desperate for QB'; signs still say Garrett

https://twitter.com/MaryKayCabot/status/857301645843189774

Tackles are tackles.
cfrs15 #1262969 04/26/17 02:30 PM
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Quote:
@MikeSilver reports @nflnetwork that Browns GM Sashi Brown says he's known for two weeks who he wants to take at #1.

https://twitter.com/AndrewSiciliano/status/857296345714929664

Quote:
@MikeSilver says Sashi Brown just reiterated to him #Browns "aren't desperate for a QB"

https://twitter.com/KeithBritton86/status/857299610418761731

Also, go check some of Myles Garrett's more recent Twitter follows:

https://twitter.com/MylesLGarrett/following

(Joe Haden, Carl Nassib, Danny Shelton, and Joe Thomas.)

E
Legend
Legend
E
I lost all respect for Sapp when he did that Bunny Hop dance... smh

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

cfrs15 #1263149 04/26/17 06:33 PM
Legend
Legend
Sapp would be the same guy to clown us if we passed on Garrett.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
cfrs15 #1263645 04/27/17 06:51 PM
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C

cfrs15 #1263647 04/27/17 06:52 PM
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Boomdizzle:

Quote:
The Cleveland Browns had debated whom to select with the No. 1 overall pick, but now are planning to draft defensive end Myles Garrett, sources confirmed to ESPN's Adam Schefter.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2017/story/...es-garrett-no-1

cfrs15 #1263660 04/27/17 07:20 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Yesterday they were saying that they knew who they were going to select for the past couple weeks.

Now they pull a Costner and decide who they're going to pick today?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Yesterday they were saying that they knew who they were going to select for the past couple weeks.

Now they pull a Costner and decide who they're going to pick today?

Or they knew all along and were just playing the NFL's game.

cfrs15 #1263665 04/27/17 07:24 PM
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
This reporter is at Myles Garrett's house:

https://twitter.com/NFLCharean

cfrs15 #1263667 04/27/17 07:26 PM
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Quote:
Bruce Smith just walked into Myles Garrett's party. Randy Moss here too.

https://twitter.com/NFLCharean/status/857733188386308096

cfrs15 #1263669 04/27/17 07:30 PM
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

More ammo for the Garrett-is-overrated camp... wink

cfrs15 #1263670 04/27/17 07:31 PM
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Hope he gets Bruce Smith to talk his ear off while he drinks from Moss' juice bar (believe he owned/owns one).

Politicians are puppets, y'all. Let's get Geppetto!

Formerly 4yikes2yoshi0
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2017 NFL Season 2017 NFL Draft Myles Garrett

Link Copied to Clipboard