Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: DeputyDawg
I think I have figured it out. Hue will develop a QB by any means necessary.

Kessler and Kizer are on a plane to Shanghai China right now.

Surgeons in Shanghai will put Kessler's head on Kizer's body to create a new QB called Kizler.

Whatever it takes.

LOL, that's too funny brownie

[Linked Image]

D
Legend
Legend
D
Maybe he should change his name to Bernie Kizar ...

Or not.

Legend
Legend

Speaking about the quarterbacks in next years draft.

Sam Darnold is the real deal. Best looking prospect since Luck.

I hope Kizer shows something but I do not think his selection means that the Browns are no longer in the market.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: bonefish

Speaking about the quarterbacks in next years draft.

I hope Kizer shows something but I do not think his selection means that the Browns are no longer in the market.

Like crs15 said, Carolina selected Clausen then proceeded to acquire Newton. Maybe he shows us something though. There's no concern over the physical attributes.

His competition is Kessler, Hogan and Brock. Pretty weak. It may just be worth it to throw him to the dogs game one and let him take his beatings and gather experience/get himself on tape so that he/the coaches can correct him. Maybe not the most ideal of situations, and had we Josh McCown I might not even had suggested it... but it is what it is.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The Redskins took RG3 and Cousins in the same draft. Kizer doesn't mean we are done looking unless he studs out really fast.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Likely a total bust. He has the tools to be a top 5 QB but he has to be rebuilt from the shoulders up and from the knees down. Hue has his reclamation project.

Now I had been hearing he blew us away in the interviews and when they put him infront of the chalk board but he is damaged goods thanks to a coach that messed with him. When Mahomes went off the board I thought we might take him at 33. The coaching staff was very very high on Kizer.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Wonder what week of the season the " Fold for Darnold " Chants begin ?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I have a feeling that Darnold stays at USC next year

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Kizer's a Toledo boy.

I like that.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c

Anyone have a handle on Kizer's personality? I read something about him loving the limelight more than loving football? Is he a diva? That to me is the single most worrying thing. The rest is coaching. If Kelly destroyed his confidence I think Hue has the personality to rest that. But if he's not 100% committed, then it won't really matter.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
He's immature. He's used to being the star/diva. I'm hoping last year humbled him, which it should have. I do think getting away from ND and Brian Kelly will be a good thing

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Taking a guy like him in the second is not a bad idea IMO. His accuracy bothers me, but footwork has a lot to do with that. He needs to get with Cody and visit House till the offseason begins.

People mad about this baffles me. We need a QB. This was not reaching, and we still have the draft capitol to get anyone we want next year. Good move.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I listened to his phone interview and he talked about how hue had already helped him a great deal with his footwork to make it more consistent with a different mental approach basically.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
He has supposedly met with the Browns 5 times. I would say he was very high on the Browns list.. higher than anyone will admit to.

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Aditi Kinkhabwala‏Verified account @AKinkhabwala 14s14 seconds ago
More
DeShone Kizer will almost assuredly go work w/ Adam Dedeaux & Tom House - who've trained Brady, Brees and Ryan, among others - before camp

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Someone said above - he needs to watch Kessler. Regardless of what you feel about Cody's arm, he is accurate. I'm no QB person at all, but I've always believed in showing a good example of doing something to someone is far more powerful than telling.

I really hope this works out for us. Looking forward to seeing us kick Viking butt in London laugh

Legend
Legend
This struck me as an echo of Kessler. That didn't wow me. This is lame until it isn't. Hope it works out. Welcome aboard. MKC is dying to meet you, I suspect.

I have never forgiven the Browns for Brady Quinn.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Not a huge fan of this pick. His throws remind me a lot of Weeden. The guy can launch the ball, but he misses what would be NFL windows, hangs on to the ball awfully long, and goes for stationary targets. Makes me think he'd struggle heavily at breaking down coverages.

Don't get me wrong though. I hope I'm dead wrong.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I really liked what Jeremiah had to say after the draft about the Browns drafting Kizer at #52.

"You might have found your future guy, but you're not out of the QB market next year. If you find one you like, you're not married to one, you're dating one."

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: clevesteve
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
steve, what do you think of his accuracy?

hey, didn't mean to ignore this. Been tough to post on a good cadence since third son was born in March.

Actually I think it's pretty good on intermediate throws with the occasional head scratcher(sailing that ball s Mich st and the pass to the right sideline vs Texas) . There were a lot of throwaways in those clips when guys were covered. But there were a lot of dimes too. Nailed some real nice digs. That Texas game end of the third quarter when he put the ball in the end zone between the safeties and over the LB where the safety should have been called for targeting was special. A lot of pretty good throws. I'm optimistic about his chances.

Thanks for answering.

I always respect your opinion, but his accuracy was a huge red flag for me. I do not like inaccurate qbs. There was a lot of hype about him earlier this year and I started watching his games. I couldn't believe how many easy throws he missed. That completely turned me off.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: waterdawg
Ask Diam about Kiser !

Well he was wrong about Brady Quinn lets hope he is equally wrong about Kizer wink

Guys lets see what he becomes two years from now...I think that is when he will be ready to take over the position and it won't surprise me if Kessler just keeps on improving. I think we picked up two keepers so far in two years. But its a roll of the dice...even if we move up to #2 and took a QB. I do like the fact we didn't reach or got desperate for a QB.

Let us see how we develop the kid...a lot of upside. btw how was his Accuracy in 2015?

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: eotab
Originally Posted By: waterdawg
Ask Diam about Kiser !

Well he was wrong about Brady Quinn lets hope he is equally wrong about Kizer wink

Guys lets see what he becomes two years from now...I think that is when he will be ready to take over the position and it won't surprise me if Kessler just keeps on improving. I think we picked up two keepers so far in two years. But its a roll of the dice...even if we move up to #2 and took a QB. I do like the fact we didn't reach or got desperate for a QB.

Let us see how we develop the kid...a lot of upside. btw how was his Accuracy in 2015?

Spotty, but they hit more big plays which covered it up some. Didn't need to be that accurate when Fuller was blowing by people.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Well point blank if you are not accurate in the NFL...you are done for. Lets hope that a couple tweaks of his technique an make the difference. Worked on a QB today...getting his shoulders parallel with the Sidelines...worked wonders with his accuracy. wink

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Hue has him for a year. Learning for Kizer, time to evaluate for the browns.

If we don't fall in love then we should have a good opportunity in next years draft for an upgrade.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Jester

If we don't fall in love then we should have a good opportunity in next years draft for an upgrade.

I think this is it in a nutshell. No reach, drafted about where he should have been. If he fails to develop, we are sitting pretty next year to grab whoever we want.

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Jester

I keep thinking back to Carolina taking Clausen in the first round out of Notre Dame...then Cam the next year when they realized what they drafted.
I have higher hopes for Kiser.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Might as well start him.

Yeah. I said it.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Do realize just how much talent was still on the board when we picked him , a project ! I know he has the mind of Tom Brady and the physic of Cam Newton !

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Do realize that the Browns QB situation is unresolved, and the team will be drafting at the top every year until the QB is identified.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy
Might as well start him.

Yeah. I said it.

Why? Do you have that little faith in Kessler? What kind of message does that send this team?

Do you really think Kizer is even mature enough at this point to be handed a job?

If Kizer shows the ability to A) play QB better than Kessler and B) lead this offense better than Kessler, fine, lets start him.

But he's a second round pick, and he shouldn't be handed anything. Including the starting job over a guy who played well on a terrible offense, who was a third round pick last year. That's not right. Makes it seem like positions don't have to be earned, and t makes it look like we're scrapping the season.

That's just an awful idea. We haven't even reached camp, and it makes it seem like we are giving up

Last edited by PeteyDangerous; 04/29/17 09:34 PM.

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
Legend
Legend
I don't think Kessler played all that "well", and I think he has limitations that cannot be overcome. Regardless of how much better the team around him gets.

If we (The Browns) had any faith in Kessler, we wouldn't have spent a 2nd rounder on a QB. (IMO)

If we don't start Kizer, then I'd go with Broswiler (blah)

At least I know he can throw the ball down the field.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy
I don't think Kessler played all that "well", and I think he has limitations that cannot be overcome. Regardless of how much better the team around him gets.

If we (The Browns) had any faith in Kessler, we wouldn't have spent a 2nd rounder on a QB. (IMO)

If we don't start Kizer, then I'd go with Broswiler (blah)

At least I know he can throw the ball down the field.

I agree with all of this.

A byproduct of Kessler not going down field is how it hurts the run game. Once teams started loading the box to force Kessler to beat them over the top (which he seemed reluctant to try - even his coach said this) then our run game, which looked promising to start the year, disappeared.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Unless you think Hue is going to change our entire offense to a pure West Coast dink and dunk then Kessler has problems. He's a good kid that can't throw downfield and Coach wants to throw downfield. I don't see much chance of Kessler beating out Brock unless he just doesn't get our offense....

Lets see how fast Kizer gets it. This may be a moot point anyway. The way we go through QB's Kizer could be 4th string and start by week 5 lol

We could cut Brock. We could sign or trade for a veteran. There are a lot of scenarios that could play out before camp starts.

I think the Browns are doing what Seattle did. Signing, trading for and drafting QBs until they find one they like. Seattle brought in a lot of QB's before they stumbled upon Wilson. Throw numbers at the position and hope one of them grabs the job....

Last edited by Spiritbro77; 04/29/17 09:50 PM.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Kizer didn't have a very good year in 2016 and his standing dropped because of it. He had 2 years of college eligibility but he chose to enter the draft regardless. I'm sure he did that because he didn't get along with Kelly (widely rumored.) He probably should have returned to ND for at least another year to try to overcome his problems and re-establish his ranking. That he didn't suggests a level of immaturity. He needs to improve his game, and if he can't do it in college, why does anyone think he can do it playing in the NFL.

He needs to sit and learn. Starting him this year will lock in his bad habits just like starting Bortles right away did, and he'll never have the chance to live up to the potential he showed in 2015 and early 2016. The biggest mistake the Browns made in the off-season was to release McGown. He would have been perfect to help mold Kizer.

1. #GMstrong
4. ClemenZa #1
V
Legend
Legend
V
I am not a ND fan, but I think many people thought that Brandon Wimbush would beat out Kizer for the starting qb position next year, had Kizer stuck around.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think Kizer and brock's size and arms are gonna make Cody look so weak he may get pushed into a trade to new Orleans before the season even begins.

There is a good chance Kizer does start day 1 if Hue can clean up his footwork and provide him with the power run game he promised.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I am not a ND fan, but I think many people thought that Brandon Wimbush would beat out Kizer for the starting qb position next year, had Kizer stuck around.
So that tells me that rather than rise to the competition, he entered the draft as an out. More signs of immaturity.

1. #GMstrong
4. ClemenZa #1
V
Legend
Legend
V
Well..............I wouldn't go that far. LOL

And again, I am not a ND fan and I could be wrong about what I said. I just remember hearing that somewhere and I have no link. So, I could be totally wrong.

Need to hear from Diam about that one.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain
So that tells me that rather than rise to the competition, he entered the draft as an out. More signs of immaturity.

Two words.

Brian Kelly.

Two more words.

Is insane.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain
Kizer didn't have a very good year in 2016 and his standing dropped because of it. He had 2 years of college eligibility but he chose to enter the draft regardless. I'm sure he did that because he didn't get along with Kelly (widely rumored.) He probably should have returned to ND for at least another year to try to overcome his problems and re-establish his ranking. That he didn't suggests a level of immaturity. He needs to improve his game, and if he can't do it in college, why does anyone think he can do it playing in the NFL.

He needs to sit and learn. Starting him this year will lock in his bad habits just like starting Bortles right away did, and he'll never have the chance to live up to the potential he showed in 2015 and early 2016. The biggest mistake the Browns made in the off-season was to release McGown. He would have been perfect to help mold Kizer.

I kind of get the mentor angle, but I think it's a bit overrated. I think rookies develop habits more from imitating player mentors, but rely on coaches more for knowledge/coaching. From all reports, Cody is a "gym rat" who puts in a lot of work. I think he can be that long-term backup, mentor and spot starter (floor). Hopefully more. He seems to have good "habits" for Kizer to imitate (maybe not with regards to the deep ball, but I'm referring to preparation).

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2017 NFL Season 2017 NFL Draft Browns pick DeShone Kizer with the 52nd pick

Link Copied to Clipboard