Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: WSU Willie

I am disgusted however that the commish appears to be using Gordon as an example for others while looking the other way on similar or dissimilar-but-worse transgressions of others.

There is more info on the situation than we will ever know...so mabye the treatment is warranted. It sure seems like the issue should have been addressed by now.

This is the problem I have. A guy has been out of the league for two years now all because of some weed, which is actually legal in parts of the US.

Yet we have guys who are busting women upside the head, and there are no 'serious' repercussions.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Legend
Legend
I agree , Purp. Seems like he was the target whether he was on the route, etc. We forced it to him often. Plenty of stink to go around for all involved. That is part of why I don't trust him until he proves differently. Don't think I will then either. Just too predictable and dumb in his ways.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
B
Legend
Legend
B
You don't know that we have guys who bust women upside the head.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: HotBYoungTurk
This is the problem I have. A guy has been out of the league for two years now all because of some weed, which is actually legal in parts of the US.

Yet we have guys who are busting women upside the head, and there are no 'serious' repercussions.

I kind of agree.

But..... I see it this way. Gordon agreed to play in the NFL. He gets paid what he gets paid.

Both me and Josh get drug tested at our jobs (randomly). I gave up smoking pot because I understood that i get drug tested. Do I think it sucks and that my business while i'm at home is my business and not my company's, of course.

BUT, I took the job, this is what I agreed to. The rules are the rules. They are set by the employer, and as the employee we agree to follow them. We can try to get our employers to change them, BUT in the mean-time, it is our job to follow the rules that the employer sets for us, which we agreed upon when we took the job.

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Quote:
Since they took over, Sashi and Hue have said that they want players who love football above all else.

I think that we can all agree that this is not Josh Gordon.

I think this is a very good point, but keep in mind we drafted a guy with a diluted urine test and a guy with a pending assault issue. So we aren't against taking guys with baggage and I don't know how we can quantify Gordon love (or not enough love) for football.

Still, I won't be surprised with him being cut or traded.

Tackles are tackles.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
Eo, that is good to hear. How good orbed do you rate Njoku? I was surprised by this pick, even mores by Barnidge's release. Do you feel he does something (things) really well?
I was hoping for two-tight end fury this season. Now, not so sure.

He's young and dedicated and a tremendous body to build on. So his upside is big time. I don't expect too much his rookie year he should hold his own he's definitely going to get the opportunity without Barnidge here. I expect his run blocking to be raw but blocking is a state of mind also...if he is gung ho about it he will be fine!

He will have to get use to our play book and Offense. Red Zone should be good. Can go get the ball.
jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
E
Legend
Legend
E
He he...was here this morning and came here now and saw 52 new posts on the Gordon thread...I'm like Great finally must be some NEWS...lol fat chance...just another tit for tat going on... superconfused

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

V
Legend
Legend
V

I am disgusted however that the commish appears to be using Gordon as an example for others while looking the other way on similar or dissimilar-but-worse transgressions of others.

There is more info on the situation than we will ever know...so mabye the treatment is warranted. It sure seems like the issue should have been addressed by now.

There is no definitive proof that Gordon has "only" smoked weed or used cough medicine.

People believe what they wanna believe, but blaming the establishment seems kinda lame, considering what former NFL players say about how hard it is to get busted for drugs in the NFL.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Alcohol too. One time, an idiot ( Manziel ), posted a tweet/pic online during a Party flight to Vegas. The pic showed Gordon with a drink in his hand. He was met at the airport by NFL security people wanting a urine test.

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Halfback32
Alcohol too. One time, an idiot ( Manziel ), posted a tweet/pic online during a Party flight to Vegas. The pic showed Gordon with a drink in his hand. He was met at the airport by NFL security people wanting a urine test.

That wasn't the only alcohol problem. While he was waiting for an appeal hearing with Goodell for his first pot bust he went and got himself a DUI. There were drugs in the car but his passenger said they were his.... I doubt that but either way, meathead might as well have walked into Goodell's office and taken a dump on his desk. That earned him a year's suspension. Later it was shortened by agreement between Goodell and the union to 12 weeks that way he could play 4 games and the year would count toward FA. Of course, meathead came in with a crappy attitude and got suspended by the team for the last game. It is unknown what he did, but it was enough that Pettine suspended him for the final game. After that was the famous jet ride followed by the next year long suspension. He hasn't played significant snaps in 4 years. Last year he didn't play, the year before the didn't play and the year before that he played 3 games in the season he got suspended and they shortened it... the year before THAT he was suspended for 2 games. It seems to me his actions PROVE he doesn't care about football. If he cared about the game, the team, his teammates or the fans then he would be playing. The truth is he just doesn't give a rats ass. He is too stupid and too selfish to understand the gift he threw away. He could have been a great player. That is gone.... Meathead isn't a football player anymore. He is a FORMER player.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If anything, I want Gordon back more just to show Pryor we don't need him. Gordon helps the offense be more of a threat.

Absolutely! He was a serious threat for us last season. Oh wait, no he wasn't. Well then, the season before that... nope. The season before that? NOPE. Where in the world do you get the idea he is a serious threat to do anything more than hit a bong? Hue Jackson for some strange reason was willing to put ALL of meatheads sins behind him and give him a fresh start last season. Four game suspension and he could have returned and played. We could have used him. Did he show up? HELL no. He checked himself into rehab to avoid a drug test that he would have failed! That was when Coach said time to move on and it IS time to MOVE ON. Meathead isn't coming back, he isn't some savior about to return and bring glory to the Browns. He's a LOSER. But more importantly, he is a FORMER football player. He hasn't played in YEARS. So why do you so many of you think he can just show up and be great? Four years of rust. Four years of being out of football shape. Sure, he'll fit right in. *snicker*

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Try and bash him? LMAO

College performance/antics/accomplishments are useless ONE year after you are out of school and/or especially AFTER you get that first job...LYAO all you want...it is what it is...for Gordon that was 5 years ago. FIVE.

When you interview a 26 year old for a job, do you even ask that person for their college GPA? Ahhh...NO...they either have the skills you are looking for or they don't.

IF you change your behavior. IF however, you continue to screw up then college behavior is used to illustrate the pattern of stupidity displayed by the player in question. Meathead has been a screw up SINCE college. He NEVER changed. NEVER stopped being the fricken IDIOT he is. He screwed up in college on multiple occasions and he continued to do so once he joined the NFL. IF he had come to the NFL and kept his nose clean, then yes his college days should be forgotten. In meatheads case, it is one long journey of bad decisions and idiotic behavior. There is no distinction.... just a blur of stupidity.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Since they took over, Sashi and Hue have said that they want players who love football above all else.

I think that we can all agree that this is not Josh Gordon.

He loves the lifestyle football can give him. He love partying. He definitely loves those things far more than he loves football.

Honestly, I see no way that he comes back to this team for anything more than an attempt to trade him. (when/if he is ever reinstated)

People continue to say that what he did wasn't "that bad", and I would agree with them, except that he has done it continually, and has shown what his priorities in life are. (hint: His priority is not football)

I disagree that JG doesn't love football. He made enough money to walk away if that was the case. I think he is/was to immature and stupid to handle the magnifying glass and made stupid immature mistakes.

Personally, I think his transgressions on a case by case basis were actually minor, but they snowballed into stage 3 drug screening/restrictions. Josh couldn't get out of his own way.

Think about it. He came into the league under scrutiny for smoking and was immediately in the drug program. He got popped for adderall. He got popped for marijuana at the smallest possible trace amount (claimed second hand smoke) before the league raised the testing levels. Then he stupidly has two beers after the last game of the season, two beers!

Not one of these transgressions (individually) should be career ending. As a whole, the pattern they show could be translated as 'substance abuse' but I say it is stupidity, immaturity, and plain old bad luck.

I want him reinstated and want him to play, but even if that happens I don't see him staying out of his own way long enough to become great. I hope I'm wrong.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Wonder what the holdup is?

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: mac

Indeed. I thought that there would have been resolution before the draft...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The NFL Commissioner is an piece of Junk !

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: waterdawg

... and in other news, the sky is blue, and Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

V
Legend
Legend
V

Yep, it's the commissioner's fault. Josh Gordon is a victim.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yep, it's the commissioner's fault. Josh Gordon is a victim.

Finally, we agree on something. ...You did mean that literally? tongue

You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Shoot , just to keep the party going, let me reiterate !

" The NFL Commissioner is an piece of Junk ! "

I am talking about his foot dragging on a coming down with a verdict .

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Olddog- you/we have NO idea how much money Josh Gordon has left in his account/s- we do know he likes to buy drugs, has multiple hangers on, has multiple children, has lawyers fees- JMHO, Josh be showing how good shape he's in SO he can score another SUCKER deal.
You/we don't know exactly what he's done to get suspended- two beers- do you REALLY believe that- WOW.
Spirit wrote it perfectly- former player/ he lied coming into league, he's liar leaving the league.
Millions of Americans breaking the law using weed and alcohol does not make it right. Lastly, putting our new players in with Josh Gordon is COMPLETELY unfair to them- neither have been convicted- other than in public court- neither has Gordon's history. Time will tell- JMHO, equal opportunity/equality- if some guy was slapping you, punching you in a bar at 2am- you have NO right to defend yourself- WRONG- the leech lawyers/opportunity female/s cost a guy millions- how BOTH players have long a fruitful Browns careers- GO Browns!!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Shoot , just to keep the party going, let me reiterate !

" The NFL Commissioner is an piece of Junk ! "

I am talking about his foot dragging on a coming down with a verdict .

Pffft. Has Gordon done anything to deserve swift judgement? He was reinstated last year, and he promptly entered rehab.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Was it my imagination or did I read recently that some decision will be made by the 5th of May on Gordon?

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
That sounds familiar to me as well.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: hitt
Olddog- you/we have NO idea how much money Josh Gordon has left in his account/s- we do know he likes to buy drugs, has multiple hangers on, has multiple children, has lawyers fees- JMHO, Josh be showing how good shape he's in SO he can score another SUCKER deal.
You/we don't know exactly what he's done to get suspended- two beers- do you REALLY believe that- WOW.
Spirit wrote it perfectly- former player/ he lied coming into league, he's liar leaving the league.
Millions of Americans breaking the law using weed and alcohol does not make it right. Lastly, putting our new players in with Josh Gordon is COMPLETELY unfair to them- neither have been convicted- other than in public court- neither has Gordon's history. Time will tell- JMHO, equal opportunity/equality- if some guy was slapping you, punching you in a bar at 2am- you have NO right to defend yourself- WRONG- the leech lawyers/opportunity female/s cost a guy millions- how BOTH players have long a fruitful Browns careers- GO Browns!!!!

Does Gordon buy his drugs? Or did he sign an endorsement deal with his local supplier in exchange for free product? Maybe he's more business savvy than we thought.

I can see the billboard: "Grass so good, Flash will puff, puff, pass on the NFL."

You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
Was it my imagination or did I read recently that some decision will be made by the 5th of May on Gordon?

Grateful Dawg posted this earlier in the week:

Quote:
Ted Rydquist‏ @RydquistSports

SOURCE: NFL's decision on Josh Gordon's potential reinstatement expected by Friday (5.5).

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32
Originally Posted By: mac

Indeed. I thought that there would have been resolution before the draft...

The latest I read there will be something expected on the reinstatement by THIS FRIDAY...which as we know is almost upon us. Hope he gets the shot cause again it would be good for us and good for him if he finally has conquered his demons! fingerscrossed

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Originally Posted By: hitt

Don't forget the call girls, camo Porsche, elaborate full back tattoos and who knows what else with that lifestyle. He's probably broke at this point. He hasn't made that much money in his career, not by NFL standards anyway. He has to be kicking himself for all those lost game checks.

Legend
Legend

Grateful Dawg posted this earlier in the week:

Quote:
Ted Rydquist‏ @RydquistSports

SOURCE: NFL's decision on Josh Gordon's potential reinstatement expected by Friday (5.5).

Ahh, I knew that I read it, couldn't have told you where or how valid/legit it was.

Ok,, Thanks Vers

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I

Nah Josh has a Cinco De Mayo party to attend.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Originally Posted By: illegalmoe

Possible plot twist: Josh gets fully reinstated tomorrow afternoon. Later in the day, a video is posted on Instagram of Josh drinking Patron from the bottle while smoking a doobie. He fails the inevitable drug test and is suspended for all of 2017.

Fast forward to May 2018 and several Dawgs complain about how the NFL is being unfair to Josh because the Commissioner is dragging his feet on the reinstatement request.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Originally Posted By: Haus

Possible plot twist: Josh gets fully reinstated tomorrow afternoon. Later in the day, a video is posted on Instagram of Josh drinking Patron from the bottle while smoking a doobie. He fails the inevitable drug test and is suspended for all of 2017.

Fast forward to May 2018 and several Dawgs complain about how the NFL is being unfair to Josh because the Commissioner is dragging his feet on the reinstatement request.

rofl

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
What is going to change from a week ago until Friday ? Weather Gordon deserves to be reinstated is not my point ( really don't care ) . The Commish is one despised ( BY THE FANS )man .. Dragging something like this out isn't helping his persona

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Haus

Edit: I get that you were joking, I am just sick of thinking that this kid might ever get it.

Isn't a plot twist unexpected?

Would your scenario be a twist for anyone? Would anyone be surprised or shocked? Maybe it would be a plot line, but a twist? Nah.

Man, Gordon had one great year. It was an amazing, magical year, where he made big play after big play.

He had been suspended for the 1st 2 games of that year. We all hoped that he would "get it".

He learned so well that he would up suspended for the whole next year, and was lucky enough to get that suspension reduced to 10 games. He then screwed around, with not being to time for meetings and such, and would wind up with an additional 1 game suspension.

He then wound up suspended for the entire following season.

He missed football so much, that he remained suspended for the entire 2016 season, as well.

In his last 4 seasons, he has been suspended for either part, or all, of every single one of them. That is ridiculously difficult to do.

That's how much he loves football.

Last edited by YTownBrownsFan; 05/04/17 12:30 PM.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Call it a plot twist or a plot continuation, whatever. It was meant in good fun. I hope he gets his life together and his career back on track. I kind of moved on from it though and figured why not have some fun with it.

Legend
Legend
I apologize for coming of the way I did. I know you were joking,and my frustration over this kid boiled over. I apologize again.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
He has ticked us all off, my wish would be he got reinstated, we traded him IMMEDIATELY to any team wishing to give him another chance....maybe like Chris Carter he does amazing things...he's shown he can't get it done in Cleveland. Jettison Gordon....GO Browns!!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
P
Legend
Legend
P
What is going to change from a week ago until Friday ? Weather Gordon deserves to be reinstated is not my point ( really don't care ) . The Commish is one despised ( BY THE FANS )man .. Dragging something like this out isn't helping his persona

I don't really care about his persona. I don't believe he really does either. I don't believe he cares about the fans. His job is to represent the best interest of 32 billionaires.

I don't care about Josh Gordon either. He made his bed so let him lie in it.

What bothers me is how he has made the Browns pay for it. Knowing his status before the draft would give the team a clearer picture. They would have all the information possible at the WR position going into the draft.

Now that the draft is over, the decision is almost a moot point. At this juncture I don't care how long Goodell waits for his decision. I don't care what his decision is.

It's quite possible that Goodell informed the Browns before the draft and simply hasn't made it public yet. That would mean the team was not punished in all of this.

Because that's the bottom line. Don't punish NFL teams, punish the players.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
That's how much he loves football.

Or that's how much he loves weed and alcohol.

F
All Pro
All Pro
F
Excellent point Pit! I like your post.

And the next head coach is ......
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Josh Gordon News, Continued....

Link Copied to Clipboard