Legend
Legend
V
You sure are a bundle of joy.

All Pro
All Pro
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Thank you! I was right about Petine, Chud,Shurmer, Mangini, Davis and palmer. Do you think I lost my touch. Davis might have lasted longer if Northcutt doesn't drop that 3rd down pass in Pittsburgh. I would have worked with Chud but you just can't lose your last 10 games. He was humble enough to work with but Jimmy jumped the gun on him.

Exciting football will be back in Cleveland this fall!
D
1st String
1st String
D
This thread is just stupid venting.... We haven't had real bad football yet this year. We are actually competitive. We've had nothing but a steaming pile a crap in recent years.

This is the youngest team in the NFL with an average of 2 years out of college football. The difference between college and pro's is a huge gap (even greater now days that in the past). This is a learning year where we have to take some lumps, but we can compete and wins some games.

Some of the newer people to the board may not understand, but we used to have some terrible games that were unbearable. On the old board... those were legitimate complaints. This is nothing. If we have to take some lumps to be better in the future, then so be it. But firing a Head coach just because things aren't going your way is not the way to build a winner. We've tried that before and it led to 20 years of garbage. We have to build the team the right way, or we will continue to be the laughing stock of the league.

Just the dawg in me..........
TONY #1317733 09/18/17 10:47 PM
L
Legend
Legend
L
We need to be patient. The loss at baltimore was disappointing, but we are only two weeks into the season, 20 months into the new regime, 2 games into a season with a starting rookie QB, and many young starters. A loss in Baltimore, even one where we get beat badly, is not a big deal.
We have a lot of whiny fans, too. I suggest some of you snap out of your bitch-mode.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
TONY #1317739 09/18/17 11:51 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: TONY
Thank you! I was right about Petine, Chud,Shurmer, Mangini, Davis and palmer. Do you think I lost my touch. Davis might have lasted longer if Northcutt doesn't drop that 3rd down pass in Pittsburgh. I would have worked with Chud but you just can't lose your last 10 games. He was humble enough to work with but Jimmy jumped the gun on him.

You have 15 posts under your belt... sure anything you say is gospel.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I love Hue to death but he really does need to improve his play calling and play clock management.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: ChargerDawg

"Ice up Rook!" wink

Silly thread is silly. I'm encouraged to see whilst some are holding Hue to account for his mistakes, the vast majority of posers are savvy enough to stay the course. As it should be.

The rest of you.....well......go root for Buffalo tongue

#gmstrong
TONY #1317781 09/19/17 07:05 AM
E
Legend
Legend
E
Two weeks of your trolling...don't know if I can take it. Now your thread makes sense. crazy

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
All Pro
All Pro
Originally Posted By: Riddler
Originally Posted By: ChargerDawg

"Ice up Rook!" wink

Silly thread is silly. I'm encouraged to see whilst some are holding Hue to account for his mistakes, the vast majority of posers are savvy enough to stay the course. As it should be.

The rest of you.....well......go root for Buffalo tongue
Like I said before, they are staying the course in Cinci shocked

H
All Pro
All Pro
H
Hey, TONY, you know that messages on a fan board probably aren't going to affect anything in Berea, right?

You'll get more traction sending Jimmy Haslam an e-mail.

I'm not sure if it will get anything changed, but, you can give it a whirl.

Best of luck.

All Pro
All Pro
Originally Posted By: Hamfist
Hey, TONY, you know that messages on a fan board probably aren't going to affect anything in Berea, right?

You'll get more traction sending Jimmy Haslam an e-mail.

I'm not sure if it will get anything changed, but, you can give it a whirl.

Best of luck.
Oh I know that. I just love seeing the opinion and reaction to my comments. Like if we lose 2 out of the next 3 games, CRAP will hit the fan in Cleveland. Just sayin!

TONY #1317845 09/19/17 10:57 AM
Legend
Legend

The only constant with the Browns has been lack of talent from poor drafting and overall personnel decisions.

When the cupboard is bare no head coach is going to look good.

NFL teams have tried many business models. The one thing that all agree on is build through the draft.

Because of that the most important person in any NFL organization is the person who evaluates the talent.

When a head coach has good talent he has a decent chance. If not he has none.

You can think whatever you want about Hue Jackson. But you don't win many games turning the ball over. Hue didn't throw any int's or fumble the ball. He doesn't comment penalties.

This team is going to have games like this against good defenses. Hopefully they will learn and get better.

The Browns don't need to fire the head coach. They do need to play better to win.

TONY #1317853 09/19/17 11:17 AM
Legend
Legend
Quote:
Oh I know that. I just love seeing the opinion and reaction to my comments.

I think you just admitted that you're a troll.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
+1 jfanent

TONY #1317871 09/19/17 11:37 AM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Like if we lose 2 out of the next 3 games, CRAP will hit the fan in Cleveland. Just sayin!

Maybe in the TONY-district, but those of us that had our expectations set below Superbowl won't be too disappointed with a super young team, with a very young, rookie quarterback and a lot of ?'s stumbling here and there.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
TONY #1317996 09/19/17 01:52 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
Oh I know that. I just love seeing the opinion and reaction to my comments. Like if we lose 2 out of the next 3 games, CRAP will hit the fan in Cleveland. Just sayin!

It kinda sounds like you are hoping the crap will hit he fan.

TONY #1318016 09/19/17 02:06 PM
Legend
Legend
See: Smack Shack. Nothing delightful in losing to any fan. That would be at least trollish.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Squires

Expecting to win 1 game is overestimating? If 0-16 is all we can realistically look forward to, then we've hit a new low.

Since we've only played two games don't you think you're jumping the shark just a bit? lol

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
j/c

Some people have overestimated what a team with so much young talent will accomplish. It's an annual ailment around here that the fans have predicted the outcome based on their hearts and not their heads. As such we end up with emotional threads based not on critical thinking but raw feelings.

Vers called this one and I expected no less.

Expecting to win 1 game is overestimating? If 0-16 is all we can realistically look forward to, then we've hit a new low.

No. Expecting to beat Baltimore was overestimating. Talking about this game in particular.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
S
Legend
Legend
S
It's not about a game to game assessment, more of a general outlook.

There's a reason we're consistently a touchdown plus underdog in vegas every week...

Everyone knows we have to be near perfect just to have a shot late in the game. Shouldn't be that way, but that's what it is when you can't move the ball. We're not good enough anywhere on the field.

But... It doesn't help, and fans have every right to be emotional, when this team constantly shots itself in the foot.

You can sit here, and be that guy that wants to say "I TOLD YOU SO" and not be mad when we lose, but that doesn't mean fans can't be irate because we rack up gobs and gobs of penalty yards, drop balls, loaf on plays, and make errors at the worst possible time. Yes, some of that is the product of an extremely young team (i believe the team in the nfl with the most 1-2 year starters), but the other has been on poor coaching.

I know I seem like I'm flip flopping, but I am trying to see all sides. Hue Jackson needs way more time before the topic of coaching changes should even be brought up. He's on the hook for RG3 and Kessler, and he will be on the hook for Kizer, but he's had almost no playmakers, his top pick hasn't played since the preseason, and he got scheduled baltimore and pittsburgh in the first two opening weeks (thanks nfl).

I don't know why people think some miracle worker is going to go in there and just wave his magic wand and make everything better. We have to build it, and things will probably be a little ugly on the way.

The entire organization has room to grow. I think people gotta be patient, and I know how much that sucks to tell Browns fans because the fan base has been more patient than any franchise in sports history.

All Pro
All Pro
Quote:

It kinda sounds like you are hoping the crap will hit he fan.
Are you crazy? I want to win so bad it hurts but when you wait all summer for the Steelers game and then go 3 and out on the 1st drive, you have to question what the heck is going on. Then you do it again the next week against the Ravens. We had to deal with this several times last year also. At some point you have to hold the OC accountable or do we just sit back and have patience. It kills the defense. It is a good way to lose games. Hue might be over his head with too much on his plate. This next month will give us a better picture. If we continue the regression again this week, the head coach will come under some nasty fire!

TONY #1318282 09/20/17 09:03 AM
V
Legend
Legend
V
You are completely ignoring the lack of talent and experience on the offensive side of the ball. Blaming the coach is always easy.

All Pro
All Pro
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Like if we lose 2 out of the next 3 games, CRAP will hit the fan in Cleveland. Just sayin!

Maybe in the TONY-district, but those of us that had our expectations set below Superbowl won't be too disappointed with a super young team, with a very young, rookie quarterback and a lot of ?'s stumbling here and there.
Yeah but I don't think like that. I think we could have beat the Steelers with this young team. I would have went into the hurry up offense on the 1st drive running high percentage quick hitting plays. Hue tries to establish a predictable running game which is foolish and feeds right in to the hands of Steelers. Crowell was 17 for 33 yards. Hue made him look bad. What a joke! You have to get creative on offense. Move the chains at any cost. TEs over the middle. Take some shots over the top. Don't brainwash Kizer into not running when needed. The D looks really good until they let Ben sit back and pick us apart. I think we should have won that game and I don't care what anybody thinks. No excuse for Taylors 41 yard penalty. That's why I'm glad Hadens gone. We should have beat the Steelers and then we regress the next week because Hue dosen't simplify the offense for Deshone. I've seen absolutely nothing from this coach. We will learn more the next 3 games. I was disappointed that Flacco simply outsmarted Greg Williams!

All Pro
All Pro
You are completely ignoring the lack of talent and experience on the offensive side of the ball. Blaming the coach is always easy.

I think our offense is more than adequate. It's the strategy that that is horrible. Out coached!

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg
j/c

Some people have overestimated what a team with so much young talent will accomplish. It's an annual ailment around here that the fans have predicted the outcome based on their hearts and not their heads. As such we end up with emotional threads based not on critical thinking but raw feelings.

No. Expecting to beat Baltimore was overestimating. Talking about this game in particular.

I don't agree Cap ... depending on what your definition of "expecting" is ... I thought this was a coin flip game ... i thought we had as good a chance to win as Balt ... i didn't "expect" to win but i sure as all hell thought we could ... and i didn't see anythng that told me we can't win the re-match!

Instead we decided to beat ourselves ... the difference in this game was the turnovers ... they didn't beat up on us, they didn't out physical or out play us .... we actually moved the ball on them better than i thought we could ...

It stinks we lost but i don't believe that thinking we could win was to high of an expectation for this game ... anyone "expecting" a win in any game this year is a wee bit delusional in my book ... we can win 4 - 6 games this year but were not good enough yet to go into any game "expecting" to win ...

All Pro
All Pro
Originally Posted By: jfanent
Quote:
Oh I know that. I just love seeing the opinion and reaction to my comments.

I think you just admitted that you're a troll.
Julesdawg said the same thing 10 years ago..LOL

TONY #1318319 09/20/17 10:28 AM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Yeah, when you admit you just love seeing the reactions to your comments, well, that's pretty much the definition of a troll.

So, you've been a troll for 10 years, huh?

#gmstrong
ddubia #1318336 09/20/17 11:19 AM
All Pro
All Pro
Originally Posted By: ddubia
Yeah, when you admit you just love seeing the reactions to your comments, well, that's pretty much the definition of a troll.

So, you've been a troll for 10 years, huh?
Not true at all. No troll here. Just voicing my view and opinion just like everyone else, including you.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

I think Hue does deserve some criticism, although maybe not as much as some are putting on him and I think his pass for lack of talent is getting a little thinner week to week. Here's why I say this:

The playcalling seems to be a mystery. Still. I think it was the series before Kizer went out, it was 1st down and we had started to get the run game moving a bit. We come out throwing on all downs and end up punting. Why? 1st and Goal from the 3... and we don't pound the rock with Crow? To me it just seems like what we are seeing on Sundays doesn't quite match up with what Hue is telling us we should be doing. Yes the WR group is a hot mess and the TE's are so-so... but the run game? Shon Coleman is our least experienced guy on the line... and while not all pro super stars, I don't think anyone believes we are short on talent between Crow, Duke, and Dayes. I think Hue has a propensity to make things a little more complicated than needs to be sometimes, to the point where I'm starting to slide toward the idea of needing an OC.

But who knows, maybe this is just Hue's way of coaching and implementing his system? Similar to our last DC, maybe Hue just puts it all out there and let's the players develop into it instead of scaling it down and increasing in a progression?

I won't blame him at this stage for the challenges/lack of challenges so far this year. I do believe Duke scored the TD BUT I don't think there was an angle that conclusively would have shown he didn't step out of bounds.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
All Pro
All Pro
Originally Posted By: Razorthorns
I love Hue to death but he really does need to improve his play calling and play clock management.
Amen brother! He should have called a timeout before the half in the ravens game. Snuffed out any chance to win when he hurried Hogan into an interception. Then he takes him out in the second half. WTH!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg
j/c

I don't agree Cap ... depending on what your definition of "expecting" is ... I thought this was a coin flip game ... i thought we had as good a chance to win as Balt ... i didn't "expect" to win but i sure as all hell thought we could ... and i didn't see anythng that told me we can't win the re-match!

Instead we decided to beat ourselves ... the difference in this game was the turnovers ... they didn't beat up on us, they didn't out physical or out play us .... we actually moved the ball on them better than i thought we could ...

It stinks we lost but i don't believe that thinking we could win was to high of an expectation for this game ... anyone "expecting" a win in any game this year is a wee bit delusional in my book ... we can win 4 - 6 games this year but were not good enough yet to go into any game "expecting" to win ...

I get what you're saying, Dawg. And my response was not thought out well. Here is how my addled brain took this:

Someone said something about how winning this game was "high expectations" or something along those lines.

Someone else interpreted that as winning *any* game (meaning finishing 1-15 at the worst) was the "high expectations".

I responded that the high expectations was over winning THIS game, not just ANY game. I do not think the first poster was talking about 1-15 as being expecting too much.

I honestly thought we had a chance in this game, based on the first week. We needed to see growth, and we did not. These next opponents might be coming along at a good time.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
One thing I will criticize Hue for is the run game so far.

We go out and build this monster line... and then run a pass-happy offense out of the shotgun? The lack of attempt to establish a run game is what has me miffed at Hue. We play out of the gun because Kizer can't take snaps from under center... well that's just more reason why he should've sat for a year to learn, but that's a different discussion. Long story short, run the damn ball. Let these highly paid linemen do what we said we would do before the season started.

Tony (or should I say... TONY),
You said you would've run a quick-hitter offense, with some hurry-up? You wanna run that type of offense with a QB that is slow with his reads, and his accuracy inconsistency? Ok...

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Fire the coach? Sure, why not. It's worked out so well for us for the past 18 years. If we keep starting over every 2 years, we're bound to hit that miracle season once.

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

So........Hue runs it too much. Hue doesn't run it enough. Hue is too predictable. Hue tries to get too cute and has too many formations. The talent and lack of experience are not really the problems. It's the play calling that is the problem.

Makes a lot of sense. LOL

TONY #1318393 09/20/17 01:05 PM
E
Legend
Legend
E
So a day after the Sunday loss by the Bengals.
and we are closing in on the Bengal/Browns game in about 10 days...TONY appears and has made 26 posts.

Ummm this ain't Rocket Science stuff rofl

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: DevilDawg2847
1st and Goal from the 3... and we don't pound the rock with Crow?

I certainly don't pretend to know more than Hue, but this was a head-scratcher...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
All Pro
All Pro
For me it's been a head-scratcher for 18 games in a row. shocked

All Pro
All Pro
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
We need to be patient. The loss at baltimore was disappointing, but we are only two weeks into the season, 20 months into the new regime, 2 games into a season with a starting rookie QB, and many young starters. A loss in Baltimore, even one where we get beat badly, is not a big deal.
We have a lot of whiny fans, too. I suggest some of you snap out of your bitch-mode.
I want Hue to succeed, but so far it seems all the fired coaches did a much better job. Lets see what happens in the next month...

TONY #1318547 09/20/17 03:57 PM
A
Legend
Legend
A
Your bengals, and marvin, aren't doing much.

Plus, he's now threatening the next job losses?

https://wdef.com/2017/09/20/lewis-to-winless-bengals-next-job-lost-will-be-yours/

All Pro
All Pro
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
Your bengals, and marvin, aren't doing much.

Plus, he's now threatening the next job losses?

https://wdef.com/2017/09/20/lewis-to-winless-bengals-next-job-lost-will-be-yours/
There is noway they beat the angry Packers. 0-3

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2017 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 10 Ravens 24 FIRE THIS COACH

Link Copied to Clipboard