Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted By: eotab
Originally Posted By: rastanplan
One of the worst D showing we had,and the blame is on the rookie QB...

Yes, Kizer is not playing well, but at this time, who even cares.He's just the escape goat..

Yes...cause I think we have a very serviceable team. Play calling is good. I see WRs open, yes too many drops for a unit especially BRITT. But if we had a real QB not even a great one someone maybe a little better than Hoyer we would have had some wins already. This crap about nothing to suround the the rookie is just bs...he isn't the escape goat he is the guy most responsible for our losses. Point Blank no if,
ands or buts about it.

Preach brother preach!!!

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper
Have you ever thought Kizer is holding the ball too long is because the Browns WRS can't get seperation?
Browns have the worst skill set of WR in the NFL.
Higgins and Britt couldn't start anywhere else in the NFL

No...cause I have seen too many REPLAY which I observe sometimes more than once and see OPEN WRS within 2 seconds of the play...very frequently. So I do not blame his holding of the ball too long on WRs not getting separation.
My eyes show me that is not the case.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
But I am seeing for the most part our guys are just not getting open.

That just is not the case.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
I hope Kizer can turn it around. As stated my litmus test on Good to Great QBs is accuracy. Rookie or not I understand mistakes will happen and will be patient on them.
But its the clean pocket that he drops back or gets it in shotgun and he sees the WR open and he way too often throws a very inaccurate pass. That is why I am saying I highly doubt he is the one. I hope I am wrong...I'd rather be wrong on this.

I just would like to see accuracy with the open WRs whether its a WR, TE or RB. Not just a completion but the ball thrown at the correct spot for the pass catcher to get the ultimate YAC.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
At least one person agrees with me about Kizer and is of the opinion had we started either Kessler or Hogan we would already have a checkmark in the W column.

Just have to remember this isn't about wins and losses this season. Hue made the decision to have Kizer gain experience rather than attempt to win a bunch of games this season. It's a thin line he'll have to be careful because he doesn't want to risk losing the team. Who would want to play the final 12 games knowing that Hue has already thrown in the towel? Guessing Hue knows he can't/won't be fired after this season even with another 1-15 gem. Otherwise....

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Finally got to watch the game ; wow ! .. What a putrid mess , Inept , ill conceived game planning , and the list goes on .. What has happened to Greg Williams ; is Hue rubbing off on him ? Week in and out I cry for a real OC .. I did not see my man Leslie on the field ?? Total miss use of Peppers ! I feel sorry for kISER ; The young man just is not even close to ready , and there feeding to the Lions .

For those of you who cry about consistency ; Do you really believe this FO and Coaching staff can put a Winner on the field ?? Just curious .. What have you seen in the first two years that have you convinced ?

All Pro
All Pro
Originally Posted By: waterdawg
Finally got to watch the game ; wow ! .. What a putrid mess , Inept , ill conceived game planning , and the list goes on .. What has happened to Greg Williams ; is Hue rubbing off on him ? Week in and out I cry for a real OC .. I did not see my man Leslie on the field ?? Total miss use of Peppers ! I feel sorry for kISER ; The young man just is not even close to ready , and there feeding to the Lions .

For those of you who cry about consistency ; Do you really believe this FO and Coaching staff can put a Winner on the field ?? Just curious .. What have you seen in the first two years that have you convinced ?
I just have to wonder what's going through Jimmy and Dees mind right now. Hopefully they are secretly scouting for a hot coaching candidate. One who knows how to put points on the board and won't start games out with 3 and outs all the time!!

Exciting football will be back in Cleveland this fall!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Originally Posted By: dawg66
Yes our WRs do have some problems getting separation but when they do get open Kizer waits to long to throw the ball. I've seen quite a few times where he has a guy open underneath on crossing patterns but Kizer is so slow in making his reads that the WR runs himself back into coverage on the other side of the field.

Which is pretty much what one should expect from a 21 year old rookie in his fourth start.

I agree, which why I thought Kizer should have started the season on the bench. We don't have the big play guys on offense to make up for his inexperience and the continual losing will demoralize the team. We have too many new people on offense and we should have let them gel and get comfortable in their roles before we threw Kizer into the mix.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Supposing they started Hogan or Kessler instead of Kizer guess what it's still a 0 4 team
Kizer isnt the only reason this team is 0 and 4.
The defense under the bozo Williams is letting qbs complete a high pecentage of passes
His scheme is garbage
None of the 2016 draft class is doing anything other than ogbah.
Where's the preseason. Mvp Carl Nassib at?
The revamped oline isnt creating holes
This front office has created a 1 19 trainwreck

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: jfanent
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
Those who say the receivers are not getting open....were you at the games or have the all 22?
Those saying they are open......are you at the game? Are you watching the Rec or the QB? are the rec open because the db left his assignment because kizer is already on the ground?

I believe several of the folks who went to the games said the receivers were open, that's why I asked the question in that manner. You said that for the most part they weren't open, how did you come to that conclusion?
While I was at the game, multiple times I watched receivers blanketed. a few times they were open and kizer missed them, that will happen. But there are a lot of times he is holding onto the ball getting sacked because receivers are not open.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
blitz happy big mouth DC
Ummmm, we have not been blitzing nearly enough. that is why the QBs have all day to pick us apart.

Blitzing was discussed by Nathan Zegura on Cleveland Browns Daily yesterday. Per PFF the Browns have blitzed more than any other team in the entire league.

Off hand, I can think of two plays the Browns blitzed and got torched for TDs. The play near the goal one with corner blitz, brilliantly leaving Peppers in a 1 on 1 to cover AJ Green. Easy TD. Also, the TD to Gio. The Browns blitzed 6 and were playing man. Easy TD.

The problem certainly is not the lack of blitzing as it is our blitzing is recognized and picked-up by the opposing offense leaving our inadequate secondary in 1 on 1 coverage, not to mention the middle of the field has been left wide open by playing Peppers 30 yards of the LOS.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Those who say the receivers are not getting open....were you at the games or have the all 22?
Those saying they are open......are you at the game? Are you watching the Rec or the QB? are the rec open because the db left his assignment because kizer is already on the ground?

I believe several of the folks who went to the games said the receivers were open, that's why I asked the question in that manner. You said that for the most part they weren't open, how did you come to that conclusion?
While I was at the game, multiple times I watched receivers blanketed. a few times they were open and kizer missed them, that will happen. But there are a lot of times he is holding onto the ball getting sacked because receivers are not open.

Watching on TV is clear the way our receivers are disrupted upon release, running where the D lets them run.

No quality WR's, with no physicality, means no cushion for the WR and no easy completions to the rookie QB.

Also means that when a DB fails and a WR is open that the rookie QB is having problem recognizing it. That's what is supposed to happen to rookie QB's.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
At least one person agrees with me about Kizer and is of the opinion had we started either Kessler or Hogan we would already have a checkmark in the W column.

Just have to remember this isn't about wins and losses this season. Hue made the decision to have Kizer gain experience rather than attempt to win a bunch of games this season. It's a thin line he'll have to be careful because he doesn't want to risk losing the team. Who would want to play the final 12 games knowing that Hue has already thrown in the towel? Guessing Hue knows he can't/won't be fired after this season even with another 1-15 gem. Otherwise....

You keep blaming Hue for everything. I think you are way off base. I believe it was the FO who wanted Kizer to start. I also believe Hue would have started Brock.

But, you keep up w/your constant trashing of Hue. You'll have plenty of company as we continue to lose w/this horrid roster.

And don't get mad when I remind you of just how wrong you were in a couple of years.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I've never said hue is to blame for everything. But go ahead and put words in my mouth.

Hue made the decision to start kizer. Hue benched osweiler and wasnt going to start him.

I'll never understand why some posters will just make stuff up to make themselves look good.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:
Hue made the decision to start kizer. Hue benched osweiler and wasnt going to start him.

i think your wrong. hue didnt play him after the ftont office told him he was not going to be on the roster.

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
L
Legend
Legend
L
Oh. Do you by any chance have a link?

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
Oh. Do you by any chance have a link?

I know posters like doing that asking for a link,
not sure if that was sarcasm.

i think your wrong.

"I THINK" pretty much indicates that it is OPINION. Its a hypothesis from the facts.

I think Hue wipes his Butt after he poops.

I have no LINK but the odds are high that he does... lol laugh

Last edited by eotab; 10/07/17 06:39 AM.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

L
Legend
Legend
L
Quality post.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2017 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 7 Bengals 31 What I saw Game 4

Link Copied to Clipboard