Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DawgPound75
Those that are comparing Kizer to Aikman, Eli, Wentz or anyone else that has not sat, I will point out that each of those QB's were 2 years older than Kizer is at the time they were drafted. The only QB whose age is comparable to that of Kizer is Jared Goff. And he did not start right away for a bad team. Watson is only a year older, but he played quite a few marquee games prior to being drafted and seemed much more consistent than Kizer in college.

All those QBs mentioned also had fairly well established teams around them when they were plugged in. I've yet to see a QB flourish from Day 1, when the guys around them were comparable to Isiah Crowell and Ricardo Lewis. Let alone, 21 years of age.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Good post. DK is only 21 with not much talent around him. He really started with a lot of learning to do and not a lot of talent around him to help. He's behind the 8 ball no doubt.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
[quote=CapCity Dawg][quote=HarleyDawg51].

We are ten times more talented today than when these guys came in here less than two years ago.

Outside of the dline, what position group is significantly more talented than they were 2 yrs ago? Just Where is this 10x more talent of which you speak?

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Take your pick...

QB, WR, TE, LB, S, K...

P
Legend
Legend
P
You do realize that both Hoyer and McCown are playing better than any QB on our roster right now.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
That's not what's in question...

McCown and Hoyer are much less talented than Kizer. In fact, I've read posts on here from some who think Kizer is the most talented QB we've had since 1999.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
Good post. DK is only 21 with not much talent around him. He really started with a lot of learning to do and not a lot of talent around him to help. He's behind the 8 ball no doubt.

amazing how that not much talent looks like actual talent when hogan is in. That can't be coincidence right?

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
All Pro
All Pro
That's not what's in question...

McCown and Hoyer are much less talented than Kizer. In fact, I've read posts on here from some who think Kizer is the most talented QB we've had since 1999.

Physical talent yes! But QB IQ oooohhh hail NOOOOOOO

Exciting football will be back in Cleveland this fall!
Legend
Legend

If it wasn't for Hue Jackson the Browns would be 5-0 and a sure fire favorite to win it all.

When you miss a 39 yd. field goal, and turn the ball over twice in the red zone the head coach should have his thumbs amputated on the sideline for all the fans to see what happens to losers.

Anytime a 0-4 team goes for it on a fourth and one in the redzone no matter if they make it or not the head coach should be spit upon by the entire team.

I heard that a guy farted while at dinner in Iowa no doubt that Hue Jackson made it happen.

All Pro
All Pro
Originally Posted By: bonefish

If it wasn't for Hue Jackson the Browns would be 5-0 and a sure fire favorite to win it all.

When you miss a 39 yd. field goal, and turn the ball over twice in the red zone the head coach should have his thumbs amputated on the sideline for all the fans to see what happens to losers.

Anytime a 0-4 team goes for it on a fourth and one in the redzone no matter if they make it or not the head coach should be spit upon by the entire team.

I heard that a guy farted while at dinner in Iowa no doubt that Hue Jackson made it happen.
He is very promising! Lets give him 4 more years and lock him up with a multi million $ package!!

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Originally Posted By: WSU Willie
j/c

Ricardo Louis looked like a legit NFL WR yesterday...let's see if he can string 'em together.

All of our recievers looked better in the second half.

When a different QB was behind center...

Legend
Legend
[quote=devicedawg]Take your pick...

Every one of those groups was more productive 2yrs ago. Potential doesn't mean squat if the player doesn't perform.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Originally Posted By: WSU Willie
j/c

Ricardo Louis looked like a legit NFL WR yesterday...let's see if he can string 'em together.

All of our recievers looked better in the second half.

When a different QB was behind center...

That was kinda the point. tongue

As much as Kizer has played like poo-poo (the technical term), I'm still in his corner. But he has a loooooong way to go.

Tackles are tackles.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Haha it went over my head there. I;m a Browns fan, I'm allotted moments like these LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: jfanent

Every one of those groups was more productive 2yrs ago. Potential doesn't mean squat if the player doesn't perform.

AHA! Were we better two years ago because we had better coaching or better players? Why were we more productive two years ago? That is the million dollar question...

TONY #1330199 10/09/17 01:48 PM
All Pro
All Pro
Originally Posted By: TONY
Originally Posted By: bonefish

He is very promising! Lets give him 4 more years and lock him up with a multi million $ package!!
This was sarcasm in case you didn't figure that out!

D
Legend
Legend
D

We are ten times more talented today than when these guys came in here less than two years ago.

Outside of the dline, what position group is significantly more talented than they were 2 yrs ago? Just Where is this 10x more talent of which you speak?

OL
TE
LBer

And dont forget year 1 was tearing down and stockpiling picks ...

Let me ask u guys this ...

When a new fo comes in and completely tears it down ... how much more talented do you expect the team to be 5 games into year 2? .... what should our expectations be as far as talent level on the team goes?

TONY #1330237 10/09/17 02:48 PM
Legend
Legend

Not me nope, nope, nope.

Because I was not being sarcastic.

Just like you I can't figure anything out.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg

OL
TE
LBer

When a new fo comes in and completely tears it down ... how much more talented do you expect the team to be 5 games into year 2? .... what should our expectations be as far as talent level on the team goes?

The Browns currently hold the NFL record for worst consecutive 21 game streak ever. 1-20.

No team in the history of the NFL has ever lost 20 out of 21 games.

And the streak isn’t necessarily over yet.

The once dominate Cleveland Browns.

Reduced to the worst team ever - not just this year - but the worst team of all time and it’s happening right now.

And not just suddenly - after 9 consecutive losing seasons.

There is a clear-cut answer.

I’m not sure why, but it’s obviously the team ownership.

As a miserable expansion team staffed with cast-off garbage players and rookies, the Browns won 2 out of 16 games in 1999. We all thought a Super Bowl was inevitable. Reasonably within 5 years.

I’m sorry, what was the question?

Legend
Legend

AHA! Were we better two years ago because we had better coaching or better players? Why were we more productive two years ago? That is the million dollar question...

What do you mean, AHA! You said we have 10x the talent on our current team without a shred of proof to back up that statement.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Quote:

10x better? laugh

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I just don't think Kizer has what it takes upstairs to be an NFL QB.

The kid just doesn't have it. I think we are all fooling ourselves if we think otherwise.

My original post on Kizer...

Originally Posted By: CleVeLaNd_sTrife
Two years ago Kizer was the favorite to be the #1 pick in the draft.

I hated all that talk because he just looked like another overhyped ND bust to me. I still feel that way.

I don't think he has much ability to adapt fluidly to chaotic situations. I don't think I really have ever seen that ( even that potential).

He strikes me as the kind of guy that looks great in shorts and vs. poor college competition, but that's about it.

I would really be surprised if he is in the league in 5 years.

Last edited by CleVeLaNd_sTrife; 10/09/17 05:48 PM.

Cleveland Browns, Space Browns
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
All Pro
All Pro
I just don't think Kizer has what it takes upstairs to be an NFL QB.

The kid just doesn't have it. I think we are all fooling ourselves if we think otherwise.

My original post on Kizer...

Two years ago Kizer was the favorite to be the #1 pick in the draft.

I hated all that talk because he just looked like another overhyped ND bust to me. I still feel that way.

I don't think he has much ability to adapt fluidly to chaotic situations. I don't think I really have ever seen that ( even that potential).

He strikes me as the kind of guy that looks great in shorts and vs. poor college competition, but that's about it.

I would really be surprised if he is in the league in 5 years.

Probably be out in 2-3 years with all due respect!!

O
Legend
Legend
O

OL
TE
LBer

I think part of the issue is that people see other teams make these miraculous turnarounds and ask, "Why not us?". Those turnarounds are not the norm, but it seems like you hear about them around the league all the time.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
S
Legend
Legend
S
Man we really gave away that game. I mean fans every week will tell you, when their team loses, that they gave away the game, but we literally giftwrapped this team a win.

I didn't see a second of the game either, I listened on my way home from Ohio. I listened to Donovan and Dieken call the game. I saw some highlights afterward, but it didn't take eyes to know that Kizer's decision making has got to improve.

And I'm really tired of this defense folding at the worst times. Hue going for it instead of kicking the field goal to tie? I'm all good with that call. You're 0-4 and this isn't the super bowl. The play call? You can debate that all day, but I am totally fine with the call. Even after failing, you have them backed up by their own end zone.

Quote:
New York Jets at 12:56
1-10-NYJ 3
(12:56) 15-J.McCown pass short left to 10-J.Kearse to NYJ 9 for 6 yards (30-J.McCourty).
2-4-NYJ 9
(12:18) 15-J.McCown pass short right to 88-A.Seferian-Jenkins to NYJ 11 for 2 yards (21-J.Taylor) [98-J.Meder].
3-2-NYJ 11
(11:35) 15-J.McCown pass short middle to 83-E.Tomlinson to NYJ 45 for 34 yards (21-J.Taylor). CLE-94-C.Nassib was injured during the play. His return is Probable.
1-10-NYJ 45
(11:07) 18-A.Stewart left end to CLE 44 for 11 yards (53-J.Schobert).
1-10-CLE 44
(10:37) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 25-E.McGuire right guard to CLE 41 for 3 yards (90-E.Ogbah).
2-7-CLE 41
(10:37) (Shotgun) 15-J.McCown pass short left to 25-E.McGuire to CLE 42 for -1 yards (58-C.Kirksey).
3-8-CLE 42
(9:21) (Shotgun) 15-J.McCown pass deep left to 14-J.Kerley to CLE 24 for 18 yards (24-I.Campbell).
1-10-CLE 24
(8:35) (Shotgun) 15-J.McCown pass deep right to 10-J.Kearse for 24 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

That's embarrassing. To Josh McCown, the same clown who stole a bunch of money from you, and won almost zero games in a few seasons.

I saw a lot on social media bout Hue Jackson "ruining" DeShone Kizer by benching him. Are we serious? If you're "ruined" because you got benched in the NFL, then you were never anything to begin with. What I'm upset about is that the mistakes he made are things we knew we were going to have to live with. We knew ahead of time this was going to happen.

But, Hue Jackson is feeling the pressure, because he has to win games, because the skids are being greased to run the next guy out of town.

This is ridiculous. We're never going anywhere if we don't stick with the plan.

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Originally Posted By: dawgpound101
I'm in Cali and didn't see the first half of the game.

was it windy? swirling winds? and he is not used to it yet?

or is he just missing in nice calm weather?

couldn't tell from the choppy stream I was watching on.

I saw where he said the wind took the second kick. I was at the game and at that end of the stadium, there was no wind at all all day.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Kizer is getting worse. He's holding the ball too long and has little if any trust in his receivers. Take him out until the game slows down.

As for Hogan, he might not be a really good QB, but he does one of the best play action fakes I've ever seen. They should have taken advantage of that at the goal line instead of running Crow straight ahead.

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
L
Legend
Legend
L
He's like a golfer who's always pulling his shot: his leg is coming through the impact area too fast and thus has a slight hook. He'll clean that up with experience.
That's all JMHO by the way.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
He's like a golfer who's always pulling his shot: his leg is coming through the impact area too fast and thus has a slight hook. He'll clean that up with experience.
That's all JMHO by the way.

That makes sense. When he was practicing at halftime, all his kicks were wobbling and low. Good enough to get thru, but straining to do so.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
2nd String
2nd String
[quote=Steubenvillian]Kizer is not ready to start.

Njoku, is going to be a star.

They better sign a kicker this week, if not already.

Should have kicked the field goal and tied the game. Momentum was with us at that point. After they fell short, the defense gave up two huge plays, the momentum was lost.q

The offense changed radically when Hogan came in. The routes were shorter and quicker, and it seemed that he can run the offense better and the offense was opened up somewhat more.

When Kizer was in the routes were noticeably longer, and many time all to the same side of the field. When Hogan was in, it was vastly different.

This game was lost on two INTs in the redzone, and a fumble, and topped off with two missed field goals. Kicker and QB get my blame.

Being at the game let me see things that I've been missing watching on TV

Last edited by Xanthros; 10/09/17 10:13 PM.

Who let the Dawgs out???
Legend
Legend
Quote:
Just wanted to point out this is the second time it was mentioned in this thread. The FG was not for the tie. The score was 17-7 at the time. While I agree the smart play is kick the FG but it was to get to 17-10 and hopefully defense holds them so we could tie the game which is what would have happened.

According to this article it was still 10-7. Vers liked your post, though. thumbsup

"CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The Browns had an opportunity to tie up the Jets in the fourth quarter on Sunday afternoon. Instead, coach Hue Jackson decided to play aggressively and go for it on fourth-and-2 from the Jets' 4-yard line.

Trailing 10-7 in the fourth quarter with 13:03 to go, the Browns had put together an 11-play, 81-yard drive to put themselves in position to at least tie the game...."

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/10/hue_jackson_put_faith_in_his_r.html

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
Vers liked your post, though.

How dare he?

You have issues, Mr. Mod.

B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B
Originally Posted By: rockyhilldawg

OL
TE
LBer

The Browns currently hold the NFL record for worst consecutive 21 game streak ever. 1-20.

No team in the history of the NFL has ever lost 20 out of 21 games.

And the streak isn’t necessarily over yet.

The once dominate Cleveland Browns.

Reduced to the worst team ever - not just this year - but the worst team of all time and it’s happening right now.

And not just suddenly - after 9 consecutive losing seasons.

There is a clear-cut answer.

I’m not sure why, but it’s obviously the team ownership.

As a miserable expansion team staffed with cast-off garbage players and rookies, the Browns won 2 out of 16 games in 1999. We all thought a Super Bowl was inevitable. Reasonably within 5 years.

I’m sorry, what was the question?

1976/1977 Tampa Bay Buccaneers... 26 losses in a row! That’s a streak. Browns had a win toward the end of the year last year that broke the losing streak. Browns are a horrible dumpster fire but saying it is unprecedented isn’t true. Lions had 19 straight losses a few years back. Not sure what that number would look like if you start adding 1 or 2 wins here or there if they went 1-22 or something like that. There have been several teams about this bad. Browns are gonna lose a lot more this year though. They weren’t designed to win this year or last year.

Last edited by BirdDawg81; 10/09/17 10:56 PM.
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
J/C

I would like to know these questions:

1. Why is BBC playing behind Taylor?? Is it me, or is every big play we give up Taylor missing coverage completely or getting burnt??

2. Why did it take you 5 games to play Peppers more up to the LOS? He is an athlete and needs the freedom to roam and make plays. Playing him 40 yards off the ball was just bad game planning.

3. Why has Kasen Williams not been given more time? We know what Louis and Higgins are, as well as Britt. Its time we start seeing what these other guys have. Coates I know has been hurt, but I want to see him too. My top 4 WR would be Williams, Higgens, Treggs, and Coates - in no particular order. The rest I have seen enough of.

4. Why do we not get Njoku into the gameplan more? Same with Delvalve. Going off the above, I might even run Njoku and Delvalve and Duke as my 3 WR. lol

5. Crowell looked better sunday, but I still think it is evident that Duke is the better all around back, and needs the majority of touches. I have seen enough of Crow to know that he is not a starting RB.

6. AND THE BIGGEST QUESTION - If Britt is worth the 8 million we are paying him, why the heck was Haden not worth the 11 we were paying him?

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
I think Zane will be fine, lets not get crazy about cutting him. You all wanted Parkey cut after his 1st game when he missed 3 and then you all yelling we didn't keep him. lol

which is it? give the kid some time, he will be fine. He was the best K in college last year, the NFL is not much different when it comes to kicking. He had a couple bad kicks, no big deal.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
j\c The FO is god awful the coaching is god awful Kizer the loser college QB. has played god awful, but what do I know.....maybe that might answer a few of your questions.

Legend
Legend
All I saw was a few minutes in the 1st qtr ...an option lateral fumble just few yards from a TD. That was all I needed to see. I was really down at that point and just couldn't take watching us blow up again. I turned it off and spent the day doing chores.

Seems to me Kiser blew the game right then and there and never really got over it. Smart to make him sit in the second half to think about taking care of the ball. I expect Hue to give him another shot. But we'll see.

Last edited by PerfectSpiral; 10/10/17 10:19 AM.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
All I saw was a few minutes in the 1st qtr ...an option lateral fumble just few yards from a TD. That was all I needed to see. I was really down at that point and just couldn't take watching us blow up again. I turned it off and spent the day doing chores.

Seems to me Kiser blew the game right then and there and never really got over it. Smart to make him sit in the second half to think about taking care of the ball. I expect Hue to give him another shot. But we'll see.
That fumble was all on CROW, I don't know how anyone could put that on kizer, it hit crow in stride right in the hands.

I think Kizer does enough to give him his criticism but that was not on him.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: willitevachange

That fumble was all on CROW, I don't know how anyone could put that on kizer, it hit crow in stride right in the hands.

I disagree. The play should not have been called to begin with. Kiser should have tucked it ran it. Poor coaching decision and a rookie mistake of tossing the ball away that close to the EZ. What veteran QB does that anyway? But yeah Crow dropped a poorly tossed shovel/lateral/whatever. That was it for me, game over.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: willitevachange

I disagree. The play should not have been called to begin with. Kiser should have tucked it ran it. Poor coaching decision and a rookie mistake of tossing the ball away that close to the EZ. What veteran QB does that anyway? But yeah Crow dropped a poorly tossed shovel/lateral/whatever. That was it for me, game over.
Was it kizer that called the play? And even if it was a the wrong read to pitch it, the fumble still goes to crow, it him directly in his hands, no excuse for that.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2017 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 14 Jets 17 Postgame thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard