Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Vambo
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
Hue is just unlucky that' s all. Just unlucky frown

Hue blamed players, ST and defense for the loss.

why would he do that?

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
V
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
V
When we took a knee with 17 seconds left i thought " Do 1-28 teams take a knee and leave time on the field?" Probably not. I had a bad feeling, as soon as I saw that move, the Browns would lose. How do you expect players to play 60 minutes when the coaches don't.

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
i actually agree with not trying to score.

17 seconds left with a rookie QB who's been cold the entire 4th quarter.

pressure situation, Kizer has not gotten it done. he could've easily thrown a pick in those 17 seconds, had the packers in good field position, and we wouldn't even had made it to OT.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I couldn't disagree more. When you're 0-12 with nothing to lose you at least try.

No guts no glory.

M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
Hue is such a bad coach that it makes me question the idea of him getting another season. This team is Pettine bad.

Petting was 7-9 his first year.

This is completely something else.

This is Shurmur bad.

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: MrTed
Hue is such a bad coach that it makes me question the idea of him getting another season. This team is Pettine bad.

This is Shurmur bad.

Shurmur had more wins!

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: Psydeffect
I couldn't disagree more. When you're 0-12 with nothing to lose you at least try.

No guts no glory.

and if Hue didn't kneel and it gets pick off, yall would be calling it yet another coaching blunder.

with that situation playing out the way it then, that was the smart move.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P

This is Shurmur bad.

this is expansion team bad... oh wait... how would that happen?

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Swish

No guts no glory.

and if Hue didn't kneel and it gets pick off, yall would be calling it yet another coaching blunder.

Less pressure in OT ...Oh yeah got picked off anyway.

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

No guts no glory.

Sounds like a QB problem, not a coaching decision one. Hue didn’t tell Kizer to walk backwards and throw a pass that looked like a blocked punt.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

No guts no glory.

I'm not sure who "yall" is but I have actually been pro Hue the entire time. This however was just gutless, sorry. Worried about a pick? Chuck it deep downfield so if it's picked it's more or less like a punt. I'm so sick and tired of the Browns always playing it safe on all fronts. More so with the trade downs in the draft (sorry I keep beating that dead horse) Take some chances for crying out loud.

V
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
V
With 17 seconds left we would have probably been chucking it down field and if it was intercepted way down field the chances of the Packers driving down the field in a few seconds are slim. I hate coaches who play not to lose. I never will agree with that play call in that situation, particularly when you are 1-27 as a coach.

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
That’s fine. I disagree with your take. All good.

- Theodore Roosevelt
M
Legend
Legend
M
Another week. Another loss.

- Unsurprisingly, the ill-fated Browns blew a 14 pt 3rd quarter lead.

- Gregg Williams. Not impressed. His defense gives up a lot of points.

- McCourty had a bad game.

- Corey Coleman had a nice game.

- The shovel pass to Duke was a great play.

- Josh Gordon had 0 catches and only two targets in the second half

- No excuse for Nacua getting that penalty. Poor discipline.

- Njoku only had two targets all game. Dropped a crucial one.

- Crowell had a big run then inexplicably dove head first into the ground instead of taking on the tackler.

- Kizer outdid Weeden's flipper INT for most idiotic play for an INT. Inexcusable.

- Kindred missed two sacks.

- The Browns tried really, really hard........again.

- If it weren't for all the Packer fans, that stadium would have been nearly empty.

- It will have been more than two full years since the Browns won a game on a Sunday when they face the Ravens next week.

1-28 and three more still to go.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

No guts no glory.

Sounds like a QB problem, not a coaching decision one. Hue didn’t tell Kizer to walk backwards and throw a pass that looked like a blocked punt.

Hue apparently didn't tell him not to either.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
Another week. Another loss.

- Unsurprisingly, the ill-fated Browns blew a 14 pt 3rd quarter lead.

- Gregg Williams. Not impressed. His defense gives up a lot of points.

- McCourty had a bad game.

- Corey Coleman had a nice game.

- The shovel pass to Duke was a great play.

- Josh Gordon had 0 catches and only two targets in the second half

- No excuse for Nacua getting that penalty. Poor discipline.

- Njoku only had two targets all game. Dropped a crucial one.

- Crowell had a big run then inexplicably dove head first into the ground instead of taking on the tackler.

- Kizer outdid Weeden's flipper INT for most idiotic play for an INT. Inexcusable.

- Kindred missed two sacks.

- The Browns tried really, really hard........again.

- If it weren't for all the Packer fans, that stadium would have been nearly empty.

- It will have been more than two full years since the Browns won a game on a Sunday when they face the Ravens next week.

1-28 and three more still to go.

At least Hue coached good.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Kizer is either a back up next year or he won't be here.

I bet you're wondering the samething I did, why O' why didn't I take the...blue pill
Legend
Legend

This is Shurmur bad.

Pettine
Shurmer
Hue

What a brain trust.
It's amazing that this team has ANY fans at all...

"too many notes, not enough music-"
L
Legend
Legend
L
That’s fine. I disagree with your take. All good.

I don't know where we were on the field, but I think it was the prudent call. Take a knee, take your chances in OT.

Last edited by lampdogg; 12/10/17 06:52 PM.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
My guess is it's been drilled into his head and apparently it's going out the other side. Throw it away or tuck it away and see what comes next. An easy lesson that I think should be ingrained this far in if no other lesson has. He is a fighter and sure he feels bad but it's the NFL. Can't do that son.

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
the problem with Williams is he cannot play cornerback. and neither can anyone else on this team. we are so concerned with receivers beating us deep we play 8 yds off every play. that does not work well on 3rd and 5. we need three new starters in the defensive backfield. not sure how many rushing yards their hot shot rb got but it might have been 60 or so. we can stop the run but a high school team could pass on us.
pass rush is disappointing without ogbah. nassib played well.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: dawgpound101
Kizer is either a back up next year or he won't be here.

Don't know how you can say that.

This was Kizer's best game. He keeps improving.

Despite the mistakes.

No Craps Given
L
Legend
Legend
L
Everyone wanting to blame GW, not sure what they want him to do with PS players in secondary, missing ogbah, missing collins, Shelton , boddy-Calhoun. Defense is top ten while offense is dead last, not hard to see where the issue is

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
You're kidding right?

Minus the idiotic pass at the end of the game he as a severe lack of accuracy, inability to anticipate throws, unable to check off from the primary receiver let alone look off a safety.

This guy CLEARLY doesn't have it.

If we pass on Rosen or Darnold for this guy? I'm gonna drink myself to death.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
That's very true,he's come a long way this season.
His problem seems to be crunch time,he panics.
If the coaches can get that worked out,he might be worth something.

Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem
E
Legend
Legend
E
You're kidding right?

Minus the idiotic pass at the end of the game he as a severe lack of accuracy, inability to anticipate throws, unable to check off from the primary receiver let alone look off a safety.

The only one who doesn't get it is you. He had a stellar game. There was nothing wrong with his accuracy today. He did well. Just some rookie mistakes.

He is definitely getting better. The guy will be legit someday. Maybe the Browns won't give him that chance, because they are dumb, but someone will.

No Craps Given
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Perhaps I'm the only one who isn't blind.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Another loss under Hue Jackson.

When is this going to end? 4-50?

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm not sure I can give Hue a pass because the O lacks talent and then blame the D for not playing great all the time.

B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B
Team was really in it, till they weren’t. Thought they had the win but Kizer managed to throw it away (again) after that horrible special teams play set it up...

It was nice to see our kicker not create and blunders like missing an extra point. I always hold
my breath.

Nice to see the Gordon TD. Team is clearly better with Gordon and Coleman on the active, healthy roster. How would the last 2 years have looked if these two had played every game?

Enjoyed that Duke Johnson TD.

Defense clearly missing the presence of Ogbah and Collins. I suspect not having Peppers didn’t help either. Gotta wonder if things may have been better had Haden been on the team too but ... that ship has sailed.

I guess overall I’m glad we have a new GM. Gives some hope
for next year. The Sashi Brown process may have worked eventually but the question is how many years would it have taken? Too painful to watch what tearing down the team has done. I don’t really judge Hue on the record. The roster last year was really a complete and total joke. This year it was slightly better but the QB play was just terrible and then injuries have piled up. The guy has made some mistakes, sure, but had he been given a normal “bad” roster I think we would have seen at least 4 wins. I’m totally OK with bringing back Hue next year. First off, if they can the guy, who will want to coach here when the Browns have such a loser culture and Jimmy never gives coaches more than 1-2 years. Just end up getting a second tier coach, total new rebuild, new systems, etc. Hue might be able to build something here. If anything the Browns might be able to have some stability at least by having a coach for a while. If the guy has have been given a decent roster, and ample time to implement his system and produces a 0-3 win season, then I think it’s time to have the discussion, but that simply isn’t the case.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Overall, we played better. Including Kizer. Though Kizer continues to reconfirm that we need a Qb.

We should have won but we blew it. Plan and simple.

Terrible tackling, especially on special teams. A completely different game if we make that tackle on the fake punt.

Terrible special teams play. Besides the above missed tackle, that long return that led to the tying TD cost us the game. How do we kick that down the middle of the field to such a dangerous kick returner? I can't keep track of the number of times post game that I ask how does Tabor still have a job.

Bad Qb play at exactly the wrong times cost us. We need a decent veteran QB next year, even if we draft a Qb with the #1 overall pick.
We definitely should be running the ball more than we do.

Penalties called on us the negate big plays. Not saying bad call, just that we those calls never get missed for us.
We need to clean these penalties up.

Penalties not called on us that would have transformed the game - the PI right before the half.
Not blaming the refs for the loss. We earned this all by ourselves. Just saying that it would be nice to a key call our way. Or bad call

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
I
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I
Maybe , just maybe if he didn't make the exact same mistakes over and over again you would have a point . You can want him to be good all you want but the simple fact is he makes the same mistakes over and over again . Not sure why you aren't seeing what everyone else who watches the game sees .

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I agree. Throwing it away or tucking it and taking a sack shouldn't be a skill you lack 13 games in.

I don't think the kid is dumb, I don't think he is a no talent QB and I admire his guts and fire. I can't figure out why nothing seems to have cemented in his mind by now.

I still have some hope for him but we need to draft the guy we deem the best.

I
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I
A poorly disciplined team is a direct result of coaching and that comes from the top . Hue doesn't deserve another game let alone another season . Continuity is one thing but the man has proven he doesn't have what it takes to be the man . I hate coaching turnover but my God this man is awful . The worst in the history of the game and that is facts. That is a fact not hyperbole

R
Legend
Legend
R
On one hand, I see what Eve is saying. Kizer does enough good at times that make you want to see more. It's moot, however, because the Browns will draft a QB this year. So it doesn't really matter.

Eve, you can't use the adjective "stellar" to describe Kizer's game today after that last pass. In addition to not consistently getting past his first or second read, that last pass wiped out most of his good today.

Some of his good was very good, though.

E
Legend
Legend
E
I can use stellar because the 3 TDs are a vast improvement for him. Especially since the red zone has been his boogey man. And a couple dumb rookie mistakes don't erase it. For the most part today he looked very competent. It was just that his inexperience caught up with him at times.

No Craps Given
R
Legend
Legend
R
Of course you can use any adjective you like.

But you're the only one on the planet that would use that one.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Another loss under Hue Jackson.

When is this going to end? 4-50?

It will end after the mess Sashi created is cleaned up.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B
I’m sure it helps Kizer that he actually has receivers who get open now thanks to return of Gordon and not the garbage we saw earlier in the year... Think that probably Kizer will continue to get better the more he plays but it may never be good enough. If he starts another 36-48 Games, sure he must get more experienced and better unless he just gets ruined, which also can happen.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
You're kidding right?

There is NO way the Browns are passing on a QB at #1. You can put EVERYTHING you own on that. QB is priority #1. Even Jimmy Haslam FINALLY understands that.

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2017 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 21 Packers 27 Post game thoughts.

Link Copied to Clipboard