Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Squires
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Another loss under Hue Jackson.

When is this going to end? 4-50?

It will end after the mess Sashi created is cleaned up.

You mean the 12 draft picks five in the first two rounds and $100,000.000 in cap space?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Vambo
Originally Posted By: Swish
How does tabor maintain his job.

What photos does he have in his possession, and on who!

Shashi din't give him the players to win.

Alms, Alms for the poor.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
so tired of seeing penalties extend/end drives

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
Legend
Legend
B
Hue racks up another loss.

What is it? 1 and 28 or 29?

His mother can't be proud.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

Thanks to guys like Swish, Jester, and bird who tried to talk about the game and be objective.

I figure this post will get lost in all of the agenda stuff, but I will try and talk about the game:

--Kizer really looked sharp for most of the game. He made some very good pre-snap reads and he was accurate on most of his throws. I was very encouraged.

--I didn't really have a problem w/his pick at the end of the first half. He took a shot and it wasn't harmful. It wasn't a good read, but again, he took a shot that wasn't costly.

--The last pick was inexcusable. I was so ready to sing his praises and then...............What? I am not going to trash him because he played pretty damn good, but man, that was Weeden-esque.

--I forget his name.......the FS who took Peppers place. Is it Nakua? He started slow and made one of the dumbest penalties ever, but afterwards, he actually made a lot of good plays. Better than Peppers.

--I hate when we drop Schobert 10 yards deep on running formations. Gregg does some good things, but man, sometimes he confounds me w/his calls.

--Gordon's catch in the end zone was sweet.

--Corey Coleman had a very nice game. I have not been his biggest fan, but he made some plays. Good job.

--DeValve made two really good catches.

--Njoku [who I wrongly predicted might have a big game] dropped a pass that would have won us the game. That is how close this team is and it is indicative of how we have to be perfect. He has to make that catch. It was a very good throw.

--Coleman w/another hold.

--Overall, the OL played well. Zeitler has really improved and the center is becoming a force.

--I thought Hue did a great job w/his playcalling. The TD to Duke was a great design. He was constantly putting GB in bad positions.

--I do think he should have run Crow more and Duke less.

--Speaking of Crow.......I thought he was awesome. Now that Sashi is gone, we might be able to retain him.

--Kirksey had some really nice tackles.

--Myles disappointed me. I was his biggest advocate before he draft, but man, he has to make some plays down the stretch in games like this. Disappointing.

--McCourty had a very poor game.

--Kindred did some good things. He also missed some tackles that were costly.

--Who was the dude who missed the tackle on the fake punt? That was brutal.

--M. Jordan showed some good closing speed on some plays.

--I don't like doing this, but it seems like we weren't getting many calls. Sheesh!

--I think this team has potential and I was desperately hoping we would hold on. We need some success. That was a heartbreaking defeat in my eyes.

D
Legend
Legend
D
This was the ole classic ...

We managed to grasp defeat from the jaws of victory ...

Thats not easy to do .. thumbsdown

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
There was definitely two PI calls missed.

One with Gordon right there in the end zone. It was blatant PI but he got the Lebron James treatment.

The other PI wasn’t as obvious, as I think the sideline judge didn’t have the angle to see it. Again, against Gordon, Kizer dropped a dime that Gordon probably wasn’t expecting, but his right arm was hooked by the defender on the inside.

That’s a technique DBs use often so while it was a PI, at actual game speed it’s a good play.

The defense had a hard time playing consistently. We had the packers stopped on 3 different drives, only for a stupid penalty by us to keep the drive going.

Coleman has had a penalty in every game. I dunno what’s going on with him but it’s always a hold or a false start, and far too often it’s been BOTH in multiple games.

However, the OL as a whole was blowing up people in the run game. But I agree, this definitely wasn’t a game for duke to be running in between the tackles. This was a crow kind of game, and he delivered.

I like Williams a lot, but he way he plays the secondary is frustrating. Hundley struggles throwing 10 + yards down the field, yet for whatever reason, Gregg put our secondary in soft coverages, allowing hundley to nickel and dime us. Their running back ate us alive, and Adams was putting on a clinic against McCourty.

We missed Shelton, Ogbah, and Collins today so much. Kindred and Nassib missing sacks that could’ve changed and/or ended their chance to make a run really hurt us.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
V
Legend
Legend
V
Nice post. All football! thumbsup

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
I like Williams a lot, but he way he plays the secondary is frustrating. Hundley struggles throwing 10 + yards down the field, yet for whatever reason, Gregg put our secondary in soft coverages, allowing hundley to nickel and dime us. Their running back ate us alive, and Adams was putting on a clinic against McCourty.

Same here, I do like what Williams has done with the D but I really couldn't understand the final 2 plays in the red zone at the end of regulation. 4 down lineman and the back 7 actually playing on the goaline just blew my mind. Especially since I love Gregg's aggressive style, I just found this totally hypocritical of him. It really pissed me off to be honest. Done venting, thanks for listening.

Last edited by Psydeffect; 12/10/17 09:12 PM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Kizer play well today, with a few exceptions of course. He needs to stop staring down receivers, and stop the bad throws. His arm did get hit by matthews on that final int, but it was still a panic throw.

Haven't defensive coaches in Cleveland ever learn? Didn't 'the drive' not teach them anything? What the hell!!!! Giving an opposing team 5 yards a play will only get them to the end zone slower. Play the defense that was working all game long, morons!!

Please start fining players that commit stupid penalties. Our safety headbutted an opposing player right in front of a ref after a play.

I'm starting to think the leagle is going to show some bias against Gordon. How could they not call that first PI? Other than that, it looks like the other WRS are following Gordon's lead, and are actually making the difficult cates now too. They seemed to give up easily before.

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Just some remarks on random comments in the past few posts.

Regarding Shobert's deep drops. Is that what Williams wants him to do or is he mis-reading the play?
About the prevent defense. Was that Williams' decision or did Hue tell him to play prevent ? Like Butch purportedly told Foge Fazio

Not trying to defend Williams. Actually when I had this post in my head, I thought one was for and one against him, then typing them out I realized it looks like I am defending him as both are scenarios to save face for Williams. But that isn't my intent. Just pointing out that there are multiple possible explanations. And yes, Shobert could be playing as instructed by Williams and yes Williams may have been the one who made the decision to go prevent.

My guess? Shobert is dropping as instructed. Seems to fit what Williams is trying to do. I wouldn't be surprised if the prevent was Hue's decision. Seems out of character for Williams.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Kizer gave us the death blow.

But make no mistake. This L is on the defense.

No when Njoko dropped that pass I knew then. Nothing else after that would have happened.

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: nordawg

No when Njoko dropped that pass I knew then. Nothing else after that would have happened.

I didn't see that play. I was listening to the game on the radio. How was the throw? How difficult of a catch was it on a scale from my sister would have caught it to Jerry Rice would have struggled to catch it?

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: Jester
Just some remarks on random comments in the past few posts.

Regarding Shobert's deep drops. Is that what Williams wants him to do or is he mis-reading the play?
About the prevent defense. Was that Williams' decision or did Hue tell him to play prevent ? Like Butch purportedly told Foge Fazio

Not trying to defend Williams. Actually when I had this post in my head, I thought one was for and one against him, then typing them out I realized it looks like I am defending him as both are scenarios to save face for Williams. But that isn't my intent. Just pointing out that there are multiple possible explanations. And yes, Shobert could be playing as instructed by Williams and yes Williams may have been the one who made the decision to go prevent.

My guess? Shobert is dropping as instructed. Seems to fit what Williams is trying to do. I wouldn't be surprised if the prevent was Hue's decision. Seems out of character for Williams.

I was the one who brought that up, Jest. It wasn't a "drop." It was where he lined up before the snap. Even Spielman commented on it.

Btw............forgot to mention............those two announcers were awesome. The main dude was very frank and knew our history. Spielman knows the game better than almost anyone. He rubs some people the wrong way because he is too frank in today's soccer mom world.

I know the guy from coaching. I never saw a player who could diagnose a play before the snap from the LBer position like Chris could. Those of you who love Bernie for his calls, should listen closely to Chris. The dude knows offenses and defenses better than anyone in the business.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: Jester
Originally Posted By: nordawg

I didn't see that play. I was listening to the game on the radio. How was the throw? How difficult of a catch was it on a scale from my sister would have caught it to Jerry Rice would have struggled to catch it?

The catch was in traffic. Beautiful throw. The catch was contested. Njoku kinda caught it, but dropped it on the way to the ground. He's a first round pick. Should have made the play, Game over if he does.

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Yea. That was a straight up inexcusable drop.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
R
Legend
Legend
R
Yep, it was a drop, no excuses.

Looked like Njoku had a lot of fun on those TD celebrations though.

Wished he cared about winning as much as the theatrics.

Wished he would make a play that would actually, you know, help the team win.

V
Legend
Legend
V
He's a rookie. He has potential. I ain't ragging on him too much. It's just that it's little plays like that cost us wins. Because seriously, if he catches it like it was called on the field.............the game was effectively over.

And we wouldn't be having all these Hue and Kizer suck posts.

I was so hoping we would win this game. It would have been a great start w/Dorsey upstairs. So freaking frustrating.

One other post-game comment that I forgot earlier: Did anyone else notice Haslam's expressions during the game. Dorsey was talking to him and eating on the first shot, and Jimmy looked like he wanted to puke. Dude looks like such a miserable piece of s.....

R
Legend
Legend
R
It's those little plays that win every game in this league. It defies odds that the Browns never make them.

You probably won't agree with this statement, but the Browns are a group of losers. From Haslam to Hue to Kizer to Garrett to the water boy.

Biggest bunch of losers I've ever seen.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Guess since you root for them, that makes you a loser too.

No Craps Given
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: EveDawg

A stellar loser.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Thanks for the input about the Njoku pass.

Vers - For clarity: who looks like a miserable piece?
I think you mean Haslam but I don't want to assume.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Originally Posted By: EveDawg

A stellar loser.

Whatever kind of loser floats your boat. Since you're the captain.

No Craps Given
V
Legend
Legend
V
Yeah, it was Haslam. Dorsey was talking to him and eating something......maybe a hot dawg...LOL...........Haslam doesn't even look at him and has the most miserable look on his face. They showed them again and Haslam looks miserable.

He might have just been cold, but man, he looked mean and surly.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Pretty sure, mean and surly is a good look for the team's owner.

And not passive and whatever, type of attitude.

I'll take it!

No Craps Given
R
Legend
Legend
R
You're mad because I commented on your "stellar" Kizer comment earlier. So you called me a loser. I decided to have a little fun with it and tie the two together. You could have just let it drop. You got your dig in. Now you're doubling down and trying to insult me again.

LOL. This place is a lot of things, including entertaining.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Yeah, it was Haslam. Dorsey was talking to him and eating something......maybe a hot dawg...LOL...........Haslam doesn't even look at him and has the most miserable look on his face. They showed them again and Haslam looks miserable.

He might have just been cold, but man, he looked mean and surly.

His HC is 1-28 how else should he look?

V
Legend
Legend
V
Trying to ruin yet another thread?

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
You're mad because I commented on your "stellar" Kizer comment earlier. So you called me a loser. I decided to have a little fun with it and tie the two together. You could have just let it drop. You got your dig in. Now you're doubling down and trying to insult me again.

LOL. This place is a lot of things, including entertaining.

Come on dude. I'm just here for digs and laughs.

Everyone knows I'm a Kizer homer.

Everyone knows you are a pessimist on all Cleveland teams.

I'm just having fun.

I don't have anything against you. I just like what they did today up until the losing part lol.

No Craps Given
R
Legend
Legend
R
Its all good.

You just strike me as one of those sensitive types.

Seems like I was wrong.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Eve isn't sensitive. She is tougher than most of the "men" on here.

E
Legend
Legend
E
There's things in life to be sensitive about.

Football is not one of them.

Otherwise I would run screaming from the bar from all the smack talk every single week.lol

No Craps Given
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

You don't think having your HC having a 1-28 record would be the reason "he looked mean and surly." ?

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: Vambo

You don't think having your HC having a 1-28 record would be the reason "he looked mean and surly." ?

Why must you pick a fight on every thread? How insecure are you?

Legend
Legend
Quote:
Why must you pick a fight on every thread? How insecure are you?

rofl

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
How does a player push an official and not get a flag or thrown out? It was first quarter when we got unsportsmanlike called against us on 3rd down. The packers receiver pushed the official with both hands!

Joe Thomas #73
V
Legend
Legend
V
This explains the suspensions or lack of suspensions very well.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Kizer looked like a completely different QB at times. He made some beautiful throws. The throw in OT was one of the worst a Browns' QB has made since 1999. It's up there with the Weeden flipper throw.

What was Hue Jackson thinking on that challenge? It ended up being inconsequential, but what was the thought process? It's third and one even if the pass is incomplete.

Having Josh Gordon back is so nice. He is so talented.

Corey Coleman is a real player, we just haven't been able to see it because he's been hurt.

I thought the run defense played pretty well considering Danny Shelton was out.

We blitz more than any other team in the league and we never get pressure (I say this every week).

B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B
CHUCK IT TO GORDON AT END OF HALF!
For chrissakes, whats gonna happen?
Picked off and Pack drive down the field in 10 seconds?
Where is the logic in that?
FRICKING 0-13!!!

B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Kizer looked like a completely different QB at times. He made some beautiful throws.

All bad QBs have made beautiful throws.

Last edited by BrownMoose; 12/11/17 03:08 AM.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2017 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 21 Packers 27 Post game thoughts.

Link Copied to Clipboard