Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
All Pro
All Pro
Originally Posted By: bonefish

Every post you make is: fire Hue or Kizer is this or that.

Wake up. Hue may stay or go. I have no idea what will take place. For now he is staying.

Kizer should have stayed in school. He was forced into a role he was unprepared for.

What you see on the field are the results.

I am not defending his poor play. He may sink or swim.

But one thing is clear you do not know his future.

Nor does any one else.
I think it is about an 80% chance he will be out of football in a couple of years. It would be best for him to fake people out into thinking he is an NFL QB so that he might obtain a backup role for a lot of money instead of going into the work place to find a job. He could hoodwink a team much like Hue did with Jimmy!

Exciting football will be back in Cleveland this fall!
TONY #1375649 12/18/17 01:02 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Do you talk like you post, with an exclamation point at the end of every sentence? if you do, even your mother must find that irritating!!!!!!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
j/c

I don't really recall much, but does anyone know how the "good" QBs looked in their first year compared to Kizer? I'm talking about the QBs that had crap around them to start, but eventually became the leader of a good team after a few years?

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
ed,
I disagree with you on only 1 part of your post. Inaccurate QBs ABSOLUTELY get drafted. The reason is because of your 1st point, accuracy is such a nebulous term when it comes to being a QB. Are you talking about being able to throw a ball through a tire from different distances? How about throwing a ball to a moving target? How about throwing a ball to a moving target with timing? How about throwing a ball to a moving target, with timing as well as proper placement (leading the receiver, back shoulder, etc)? How about throwing a ball to a moving target, with timing and placement, right before you're about to get crunched by a guy that weighs 3x what you do?

Accuracy is something that can be learned, depending on what the issue is holding back the prospect. Mechanics can be cleaned up (but not blown up and re-taught), pre-snap reads can be drilled, and timing can be improved. Reading the field during the play probably can't be learned completely, a throwing arm can't be strengthened all that much, and fearlessness (at this point in their career) can't be taught.
It's a difficult issue to diagnose and correct (accuracy). And with the lack of NFL talent at the position, teams are going to take chances on guys. I mean, we get WRs every year that are drafted and can't catch all that well...
Since we both agree that the term is kinda ambiguous what aspect of accuracy are we disagreeing about?

Anyhow I don't think a QBs accuracy can improve. I think a QBs comp% can improve and knowledge of when/where/how to make certain throws can improve but not their actual innate accuracy. (unless they have had a vision deficiency that's corrected)

We can agree to disagree on whether or not inaccurate QBs get drafted. I think any team that scouts a QB and decides that the QB is net-net inaccurate then the promptly remove them from the draft board. I think the majority of draftable QBs have NFL level accuracy.

O
Legend
Legend
O
The majority of QBs these days are drafted based on a projection of what people think they can do at the next level. There are so few Peyton Mannings out there.

A lot of things go into accuracy. Some can be improved, some can't. Someone brought up earlier the issue of timing. Timing with a receiver can be improved simply with practice reps. Similarly, accuracy can be affected by a QB anticipating correctly or incorrectly when/where a receiver is going to get open.

If you're just talking about a QB that can't throw a football through a stationary tire to save his life, then yes, I agree with you that those guys won't get drafted. But since there's so much more to it than that, you do have guys that are drafted that simply will never be accurate enough for the NFL.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: CalDawg
Nice post, ed. Your take is a much more detailed description of my rookie/hurried/speed of the game theory. I think he will "get it", and probably sooner than later, but I do agree with you, the media and fans have all but written him off here. Which is not only ridiculous, it's a damn shame given our QB history. We finally have potentially a good one, and no one has the patience to find out for sure. Sucks to be a Browns fan.

Absolutely. I understand the 'win now' concept but it simply is not real world in most cases...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
C
Legend
Legend
C
Good read:

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ss...ncart_big-photo

I agree with this sentiment:

Quote:
After drafting Kizer, then-Executive Vice President of Football Operations Sashi Brown said every quarterback needed to be developed, that none arrived pro-ready.

That development?

"That is Hue's expertise," Brown said then.

So here we are. Brown is fired. Kizer is failing. The Browns are losing.

Blame them all.

It is Sashi Brown's fault for not having a viable backup option in case Kizer fell flat on his face. It is Hue Jackson's fault for not putting Kizer in advantageous situations. And it is Kizer's fault for not being more consistent and making horrible decisions.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Nice post, ed. Your take is a much more detailed description of my rookie/hurried/speed of the game theory. I think he will "get it", and probably sooner than later, but I do agree with you, the media and fans have all but written him off here. Which is not only ridiculous, it's a damn shame given our QB history. We finally have potentially a good one, and no one has the patience to find out for sure. Sucks to be a Browns fan.

Kizer is making this extremely hard... I can endure the lack of accuracy and the bad mechanics and an occasional missed play.

Kizer decision process and the amount of dumb plays per game, is excruciating and shows no signs of improvement...

I honestly think we have seen enough of Kizer, maybe letting him sit will improve (its worth the shot)... for sure playing him is only making things worst...

Never liked Kizer, but understood why we picked him. I also can see the potential, but his brain freezes are just to much to even consider him has a QB.

Last edited by rastanplan; 12/18/17 01:48 PM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: rastanplan

Kizer is making this extremely hard... I can endure the lack of accuracy and the bad mechanics and an occasional missed play.

Kizer decision process and the amount of dumb plays per game, is excruciating and shows no signs of improvement...

I honestly think we have seen enough of Kizer, maybe letting him sit will improve (its worth the shot)... for sure playing him is only making things worst...

Never liked Kizer, but understood why we picked him. I also can see the potential, but his brain freezes are just to much to even consider him has a QB.

It's difficult to argue with anyone's frustration with the situation. All I can say is, many (in my view) of his "brain farts" are Kizer trying to do too much. I would MUCH rather have him do that than have him Kessler up the joint with timid, ineffective, unproductive play.

Here's a perfect example: The fumble in OT against Green Bay. Kizer extended the play, found an open guy, underestimated the speed of Matthews, and got his arm batted just as he threw. If he get's that off a split second sooner we win the game. If he tucks it and runs, we live to play another down. Bonehead play? Maybe. I call it gutsy and unfortunate. I think he makes that throw some day for a game winner. We'll see.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
...But since there's so much more to it than that, you do have guys that are drafted that simply will never be accurate enough for the NFL.
Then we don't really disagree then. I echoed your statement above in my previous post. You could argue that failed QBs simply weren't accurate enough....but that doesn't mean that they were scouted as inaccurate.

E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E

Kizer wasn't one of my top QBs either. I think he got drafted just about where I expected. From a 'tools' standpoint Kizer has it all. One of the best arm talent's in the draft. Smart kid. I didn't like his efficiency and thought he should have stayed in school to get more polish. But polish is coachable...his physical skillset was the bulk of his draft grade for me.

I already knew that Kizer would struggle if he played right away as rookie. And that was without the knowledge that Coleman would get hurt again and Britt would...well you know...

It is what is. Kizer is ruined in many fans eyes. The QB is the easiest person to blame and on a 0-fer team there is plenty of blame to spread.

But, I came in to this season knowing that Kizer was a very raw rookie QB and would have made mistakes regardless. But, the situation of this franchise/team makes it even that much harder for him.

And I'm not arguing that he should stay or be in the incumbent starter...just talking about situation and expectations. Kizer's mistakes imho are predictable; but I get that fans/media are done with him.

Last edited by edromeo; 12/18/17 02:32 PM.
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

I want to comment on this thread, but don't want to argue or be accused of trolling anyone. Thus, I want to just make some general comments on Kizer and some of the things being discussed.

--Kizer seems to be a polarizing figure on here. Some defende him religiously. Others trash him constantly. I personally think that he has some good qualities and also has some huge concerns.

--The Good:

+ Great size
+ Strong arm
+ Good athleticism
+ Durable
+ Appears to be very confident in his abilities
+ Seemingly a hard worker
+ Not intimidated by the moment
+ Resilient. He has dealt w/a lot this season, but hasn't wilted under pressure
+ Pre-snap reads have improved

--The Concerns:

* Accuracy is poor
* Locks onto primary receiver way too often
* Makes absurd decisions at times

--Now, I want to address the concerns.

*I think you can improve accuracy way more than you can improve arm strength. Fixing one's mechanics goes a long way in improving accuracy. With that said, some guys might improve their accuracy, but will never reach the status of being an accurate thrower. I am not sure where Kizer fits into on this area, but his accuracy is most certainly a concern.

*Kizer's post snap reads are a big concern for me. He's young and inexperienced in this style of offense and it might be that perhaps the game speed is blowing his mind and it might slow down for him. However, there are guys that never become proficient at making post-snap reads and going through their progressions quickly enough. This is my biggest concern w/Kizer's play.

*Decision making. I attribute a lot of that to just being inexperienced and thrust into the fire before he was ready. I think he can clean this area up and I am not overly concerned about it.

--My Bottom Line: I disagree w/those who say we should give up on him. I think he has the potential to become a legit starting qb in the NFL. He has to clean-up the areas I addressed, but it would be a mistake to ignore his upside and write him off. With that said, I think it is a must that Browns draft a qb w/their first pick in the draft---provided they think one of these guys is capable of being the guy.

P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

I've stated this several times but here it goes once more. There are reasons QB's drop to #52 in the draft. Yes there are exceptions when QB's are drafted later that succeed. But it's rare and not the normal. Some wish to sit here and continually try to put lipstick on a pig. We see Kizer staring down his WR's. We can see his obvious inaccuracy. At #52 you're a project that a team hopes will develop. You have far more weaknesses than those drafted earlier.

The odds are not good and the prognostication isn't very positive. It's what I describe as a pure moneyball move.

It is what it is. It's not panning out. We can't sit hear doing the Bon Jovi..... Living on a prayer.

Now you can sit there doing that if you wish. But a year from now when we win maybe four games and have the fifth pick in the draft while other teams take the top two QB's and we're sitting there trying to land a franchise QB based on the leftovers of others, get back to me then will ya?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
BDU Offline
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I honestly think we have seen enough of Kizer, maybe letting him sit will improve (its worth the shot)... for sure playing him is only making things worst.

I disagree with this. Let the kid have the final two games.

We've been patient with Kizer during the most difficult tasks he's had to face. Amongst his games, he's taken on four of the top five defensive passing teams. This schedule has been absolutely brutal for a 21 year old kid on a bad team with a bad coach who wasn't ready for the NFL.

So why endure that only to bench him over the final two games when he'll be taking on;

Chicago - Allow a 93 passer rating, 23rd in the NFL. Have 6 interceptions, tied 2nd fewest in the NFL. Allow 7.1 YPA, 15th in the NFL. Their offense is pretty weak,

And Pittsburgh, who he played really well against in week one and will likely bench a lot of their key players.

I get it that people are frustrated, but we also need to stop pretending there is a better QB on this roster. Kevin Hogan got his chance and utterly blew it against the worst defensive passing team the Browns have faced all season. In his limited play, Kessler appears to have taken a massive step back now that teams know his limitations.

Kizer ain't much, but he's the best we've got, while also being our best talent in terms of threatening with his legs and arm. He remains the best chance to get a win.

It's too late to worry about his development. These are likely the last two games he'll play as a Cleveland Brown.

BDU #1375720 12/18/17 02:52 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
If it weren't for people like me on a message board that would be different. I mean with all the influence guys like me command and all.

You see, even guys like me want Kizer to stay here. Even guys like me want him to have the chance to compete next year.

What guys like me don't want? Is to turn down a golden opportunity to draft a franchise QB when we have the pick of the litter in a very talented QB class.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
BDU Offline
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Um, okay?

I don't know what we're talking about. Kizer playing the last two games doesn't mean don't draft a QB next year.

BDU #1375771 12/18/17 03:50 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm just not sure what you meant by these may be the last two games he plays as a Cleveland Brown. He should have every chance to compete at the QB position next year. There are also injuries to consider. I'm not saying that he'll be named the starter next year, but stranger things have happened and we've had a pretty bad history of keeping our QB's off of the IR.

#gmstrong
BDU Offline
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Sure, stranger things have happened, and I've said before that I think there is every chance he'll beat out any rookie due to his talent, dedication and experience. They say the biggest leap for any young quarterback comes between a rookie season and year two, and I've no doubts that Kizer is going bust his backside this offseason.

Of course, injury is possible too, and I admit I wasn't really thinking about that.

At the same time, I'm also a realist. If Dorsey and Jackson draft a quarterback with the first overall selection, he's this team's future. I don't see anyone being truly partisan towards Kizer unless he has one hell of an offseason, and is the best quarterback on the roster by a large distance come September 2018.

Then there is also the likelihood of acquiring a veteran, which almost seems certain.

I think between a veteran in FA/trade, and the first overall selection, it's likely that Deshone won't be doing much starting for the Browns in the future. JMHO.

BDU #1375781 12/18/17 04:18 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Maybe I just took your quote too literally.

Quote:
These are likely the last two games he'll play as a Cleveland Brown.

Because in your last post you seemed to amend that somewhat...

Quote:
it's likely that Deshone won't be doing much starting for the Browns in the future.

Because I see those as two different points of view. One sounded as though Deshone would be out of Cleveland before he took another snap. The other seems to indicate you don't believe that he will be selected as our starter.

My perspective seems to be a little different because I've see a LOT of QB's not named the starter that have been here since 1999 take a lot of snaps. Even some starts by default. lol

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Razorthorns
Kizer is playing like a rookie QB. I don't really blame anyone for it. I blame the fans for actually have high expectations of him in his first season when it was obvious from the start that he would need to sit a few seasons and mature first.

I blame Sashi for forcing the team to have no real choice but to start Kizer.

There was a veteran choice on the roster. Hue didn't like him though. He had a 147.7 QB rating against the Colts last week.

Legend
Legend

Spot on.

I expected Kizer to struggle. He never should have been forced into being a starter. He was unprepared. McCown or Osweiler should have started the season.

My main issue now at 0-14 is Kizer repeating mistakes. He has continued to make mind numbing decisions in the red zone.

You can make those mistakes early in the year. You should not repeat them.

Kizer has to speed up his ability to process information under pressure. It is a critical skill set. There are tools that can help. It is the QB coach who has that responsibility.

The unique skill of championship fighter is the ability to relax inside the ring. See, feel, respond while in a relaxed state.

A quarterback has to be able to deliver the ball to right guy at the right time. That means he has to be in a mental state of calm in order to respond while under duress.

Last night Big Ben and Brady put on a show. They have that skill.

JG in a really short time is displaying that.

Kizer was forced into the job. He is pressing. Trying to make hero plays. His mental errors are the result of not being mentally prepared for the role.

He appears to have the work ethic. He appears to be intelligent. At the same time he has a long way to go. He stares down receivers. He is inconsistent with accuracy.
Ball placement and touch also need to improve.

I don't know if he will get to where he needs to be. He needs to keep working hard.

I would not give up on him yet.

At the same time the Browns have to draft a QB with the first pick. They should release Kessler. And get a Alex Smith type guy. Kizer and the draft pick should rise on their merits but neither should be played until ready.

That is the coaches decisions. But I would like to be able to turn to veteran. If a guy steps forward and seizes the day then you have a guy ready to step in.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I doubt that Hue is happy with the decision to play Kizer and release Brock. That move dose not look very smart right now.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

BDU Offline
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Ah, I see. The wording was slightly ominous lol. My bad.

It remains, true, however. Unless something goes horribly wrong, these are likely the last two games he'll play as a Cleveland Brown.

There is an 80% chance, in my opinion, that it's going to be Josh Rosen. He's a similar prospect to Jared Goff, who Hue is said to have loved, except Rosen has the pro-style experience that Goff lacked. Theoretically, Rosen should beat out Kizer from the jump. He has what Kizer lacks. Great downfield talent, highly accurate, and the playbook shouldn't be too much for him to conquer.

But, again, Kizer has the world of talent and a great work ethic. Certainly isn't the end of the world for a rookie if Kizer wins out. I think the kid has some fire to him, so I expect him to put in an insane amount of work this offseason in anticipation of the incoming competition.

It's a great position for the Browns, really.

BDU #1375850 12/18/17 08:06 PM
Legend
Legend
You want two young QBs with potential on the roster?

Who are you, MKC?

Cleveland is not a city that can withstand having more than one option at QB. It never ends well.

Even if they KNOW the other option sucks. They will convince themselves somehow that maybe they don’t suck as much now.

Unless a QB comes in here and wins right away. Cleveland (media, fans, etc) will immediately start looking for the “next guy”

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
V
Legend
Legend
V
Yeah, Brock said "ask the GM" [meaning Sashi] when the team decided to bench him for Kizer.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: ChargerDawg
I doubt that Hue is happy with the decision to play Kizer and release Brock. That move dose not look very smart right now.

Based on what? I think Brock is a horrible QB. He might be good back up material - better than Hogan and Kesler, maybe. But I think he is a bad starting QB, and I don't know if I am alone in that thought. We'll see over the next couple weeks in Denver.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
mgh888 #1375869 12/18/17 08:46 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
888, I think it was a given that we were going to suck this year. Keeping Brock would not have been a long-term answer, but it would have given Kizer time to learn and develop.

The poor guy didn't even have a snap count in college. That is almost hard to believe. His head has to be swimming.

M
Legend
Legend
M
I get that.

But let's say Brock started 6, 10 or even 16 games this year. . . . where does that leave us heading into the off season? We pass on a QB in the first round because Kizer is being groomed? We take a QB because Kizer was being groomed and doesn't look good enough based on playing with the 2nds during the week?

I get that sitting was the best option for KIZER.

But what was the best option for the BROWNS long term? I do not believe it involved Brock in any way shape of form. jmo.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
mgh888 #1375873 12/18/17 08:59 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
That's a good point, too. I have been going back and forth on that one.

I can see both sides of it. On one hand, I don't think Kizer was ready to play this year. He just had so much to overcome due to what he experienced in college. On the other hand, your point of not knowing what we have in Kizer and what to do in the upcoming draft is a very good point.

Good discussion.

mgh888 #1375890 12/18/17 09:32 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: mgh888
Originally Posted By: ChargerDawg

Based on what? I think Brock is a horrible QB. He might be good back up material - better than Hogan and Kesler, maybe. But I think he is a bad starting QB, and I don't know if I am alone in that thought. We'll see over the next couple weeks in Denver.

Brock is/has been a bad QB, just not a downright historically awful, He is light years better than Kizer has been this year.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

T
All Pro
All Pro
T
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
j/c:

I want to comment on this thread, but don't want to argue or be accused of trolling anyone. Thus, I want to just make some general comments on Kizer and some of the things being discussed.

--Kizer seems to be a polarizing figure on here. Some defende him religiously. Others trash him constantly. I personally think that he has some good qualities and also has some huge concerns.

--The Good:

+ Great size
+ Strong arm
+ Good athleticism
+ Durable

Honestly,Vers, when you list these attributes (and I have to agree with them), and I consider that he's 21, it makes me think he could be great down the road and take a huge leap next year. I still say get Rosen of Mayfield in here and may the best man win. But you're right - Kizer has a lot of what it takes. I like his attitude and work ethic.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:
Per @PFF #Browns QB DeShone Kizer leads all QBs in red-zone turnover percentage, giving the ball away on 9.5 percent of his red-zone plays. The NFL average is just 1.3 percent.

https://twitter.com/DustinFox37/status/942854788475162624

O
Legend
Legend
O
Kizer is starting vs. Chicago.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
cfrs15 #1375945 12/19/17 02:20 AM
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Quote:
Per @PFF #Browns QB DeShone Kizer leads all QBs in red-zone turnover percentage, giving the ball away on 9.5 percent of his red-zone plays. The NFL average is just 1.3 percent.

Ouch.

cfrs15 #1375946 12/19/17 02:33 AM
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Quote:

I hate to "bash Hue" by asking a simple question, but at what point do you run the ball in the redzone?

V
Legend
Legend
V
When you are playing Madden.

Legend
Legend
When you are playing Madden.

Actually running the ball in Madden near the Goal Line sucks.

Too many DL insta-shed their blocks.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
V
Legend
Legend
V
LOL.........thanks.

I was just messing around.

O
Legend
Legend
O
j/c:

--The Good:

+ Great size
+ Strong arm
+ Good athleticism
+ Durable

--The Concerns:

* Accuracy is poor
* Locks onto primary receiver way too often
* Makes absurd decisions at times

--Now, I want to address the concerns.

*I think you can improve accuracy way more than you can improve arm strength. Fixing one's mechanics goes a long way in improving accuracy. With that said, some guys might improve their accuracy, but will never reach the status of being an accurate thrower. I am not sure where Kizer fits into on this area, but his accuracy is most certainly a concern.

*Kizer's post snap reads are a big concern for me. He's young and inexperienced in this style of offense and it might be that perhaps the game speed is blowing his mind and it might slow down for him. However, there are guys that never become proficient at making post-snap reads and going through their progressions quickly enough. This is my biggest concern w/Kizer's play.

*Decision making. I attribute a lot of that to just being inexperienced and thrust into the fire before he was ready. I think he can clean this area up and I am not overly concerned about it.

--My Bottom Line: I disagree w/those who say we should give up on him. I think he has the potential to become a legit starting qb in the NFL. He has to clean-up the areas I addressed, but it would be a mistake to ignore his upside and write him off. With that said, I think it is a must that Browns draft a qb w/their first pick in the draft---provided they think one of these guys is capable of being the guy.

Remembering back to when we drafted Kizer, some on here said that his accuracy concerns were tied to specific quirks in his mechanics... specifically, his feet. His mechanics needed to be worked on if he was going to be more accurate. Has anyone seen an improvement in his foot placement? Have the fixes to his mechanics held up over the course of the season, or has he reverted back to bad habits when the bullets started flying? Or is it something else that's fixable (timing/familiarity with his receivers)?

What I'm trying to get at is... is Kizer a viable project, based on what we've seen this year? His bone-headed mistakes can be fixed, I think... but what about his accuracy issues? This year, he just simply has not been able to place the ball well enough for his receivers. Coleman is diving to make all his catches, Gordon is jumping up and reaching behind for all his passes... etc. Is this something that can be fixed with an offseason or two?
I actually like Kizer. I hated watching him on the field this year, but when you calm down and step back, there's a lot to like. He's got the right attitude, and he's a smart guy. He's resilient (both mentally and physically). I'm most impressed about his resiliency. I also tend to give him a bit of a break because it was an often-shared opinion that he needed at least a season of sitting and watching... and we had cut McCown and go and cut BO.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
That’s the thing bro.

You can tell the coaching staff has worked hard on Kizer.

His throwing motion is better. His footwork looks good most days. He has great poise standing tall in the pocket.

He just doesn’t have the accuracy. Combined with him making poor decision after poor decision, I really don’t know what else can be done.

I mean half the time he has a clean pocket, he’s making throws with perfect form, but he’s just inaccurate.

I dunno how else the coaching staff is supposed to fix that.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Kizer Rnd 6 ...

Link Copied to Clipboard