Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: dawglover05
Originally Posted By: WSU Willie
McCarthy chewed up Williams in the second half...Hue targeted Gordon twice in the second half. But Hue has some great looking route trees rolleyes

Man, I didn’t know Hue was throwing the ball.

McCarthy wasn't throwing OR running the ball either. None of this changes the fact that Hue could not find a way to get Gordon involved in the second half.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
i agree, i think

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

I'm frustrated...

I bet you're wondering the samething I did, why O' why didn't I take the...blue pill
V
Legend
Legend
V
I think I understand schemes and play calling better than most on here. You can mock me, but it was obvious Hue was doing the better job in this game. I am not making fun of you or the other guy, but I'll stand by what I said.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
vers..Hue might want to think of hiring an offensive coordinator

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
V
Legend
Legend
V
I agree and already gave my thoughts about that. I simply did not appreciate being ridiculed for an opinion. And I am confident that opinion was correct.

Legend
Legend
I wonder if anyone has a subscription to that "NFL 360" I see advertised on TV. It would be interesting to get an idea of how open the receivers are, and if Kizer is throwing to the "most open" guy, and so forth.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I agree and already gave my thoughts about that. I simply did not appreciate being ridiculed for an opinion. And I am confident that opinion was correct.

The Hue is better than McCarthy one?

Or Hue being a winner with multiple playoff appearances and a SB ring?

Legend
Legend
Hmm ... I could have sworn that the 360 technology was advertised, but I can't find it.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

V
Legend
Legend
V
What are you talking about now? I was referring to the play calling and scheme in this past Sunday's game between the two teams. Nothing more. Nothing less.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Are you talking about this, YTown?

http://www.nfl.com/coachesfilm

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
I think I understand schemes and play calling better than most on here. You can mock me, but it was obvious Hue was doing the better job in this game. I am not making fun of you or the other guy, but I'll stand by what I said.

Obvious? My goodness. McCarthy had his below-average QB charging up and down the field in the entire second half. McCarthy saw the continued folly of GW's scheme where the CBs are consistently eight yards off the LOS on short down and distance. McCarthy ran the same plays over and over because GW was - and regularly is - unwilling to adjust. He did what HC's are supposed to do. Scheme to win the game you are playing today.

Hue on the other hand creates these awesome schemes and route trees that no one can execute. Then he can't get HIS below-average QB to move the ball into scoring range in the 4th quarter. He can't scheme/play-call to get the ball in Gordon's vicinity but twice in the second half.

These points are too inconvenient to address...so some resort to telling us of their awesome skills rather than talking about what actually happened on the filed.

We didn't get out-played by the Packers...we got out-coached on BOTH sides of the ball AND special teams.

E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
Lol, I'm not calling you anything. Just talking football. You can take it however you want it. On my end it isn't anything personal.

Maybe I'm being too literal? and you meant your statement below as merely an outlandish exaggeration?

Originally Posted By: eotab

...our QB simply cannot function AT ALL UNDER CENTER!!!

That play was an example of the overall concept that was featured in the gameplan vs the Packers: undercenter

You said categorically that it was something Kizer was incapable doing.

E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
J/c

I thought the gameplan against the Packers was Hue's best all season.

Kizer was used in the run-game via read-option.
The run game was established and Kizer threw off play-action; even saw a play I forgot existed: roll-out.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Good post, ed.

Hue had an excellent reputation as an offensive play caller and play designer before he arrived here. He didn't get dumber despite the protests of about a half-dozen posters.

I do think an offensive coordinator will help him. I believe Hue has trusted Williams to handle the defense so he could concentrate more on offense, but still, an OC could relieve a lot of the burden throughout the week.

I am just tired of people pretending that they understand play calling and scheme. They parrot what others are saying and somehow it becomes true on message boards, talk shows, and in the papers.

Pffftttttt....

Legend
Legend
Are you talking about this, YTown?

http://www.nfl.com/coachesfilm

No, though that is useful as well.

The one I was thinking about was, I believe, a Google setup at about 1/3 of NFL stadiums, with a whole series of cameras, that allow a completely immersive experience.

On the commercial, they showed a one handed catch by Duke, from Hogan, as an example. You could swing the view from LT to RT, down the field, and inside/outside the reception. It looked really cool.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: edromeo
Lol, I'm not calling you anything. Just talking football. You can take it however you want it. On my end it isn't anything personal.

Maybe I'm being too literal? and you meant your statement below as merely an outlandish exaggeration?

That play was an example of the overall concept that was featured in the gameplan vs the Packers: undercenter

And I will repeat this cause you obviously have a problem.

When I stated that it was 100% true.

Kizer was HORRENDOUS under center.

when I stated that I had wanted us to play him under Center more often cause the possibly advantages (proven by your video were amazing).

But we were not playing him under Center cause he up to this game could not even be close to competent....Check the facts but then we both know you did but we know that also would me I would have to be correct and well what the fun in that.

rolleyes

Go deal your garbage with somebody else.

Again...I cannot assess the future. Up to the time I stated what I did He is was maybe the worst in the history in the NFL for QB's under center.

Lets hope its a beginning and not blind squirrel thing.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E

And I will repeat this cause you obviously have a problem.

When I stated that it was 100% true.

Kizer was HORRENDOUS under center.

when I stated that I had wanted us to play him under Center more often cause the possibly advantages (proven by your video were amazing).

But we were not playing him under Center cause he up to this game could not even be close to competent....Check the facts but then we both know you did but we know that also would me I would have to be correct and well what the fun in that.

rolleyes

Go deal your garbage with somebody else.

Again...I cannot assess the future. Up to the time I stated what I did He is was maybe the worst in the history in the NFL for QB's under center.

Lets hope its a beginning and not blind squirrel thing.

Lol, okay.

Then maybe I don't know? Type what you actually mean then?

Its not a big deal. Kizer proved you wrong and you're probably so very happy about it you don't know how to express yourself.

Anyhow:
Quote:
our QB simply cannot function AT ALL UNDER CENTER!!!
Does not mean the same thing as all the back pedaling words you've typed since YOU responded to the gifs I posted.

This is a case of....'if the shoe fits'
You must have felt some kind of way huh?

Cheers!

Anyone want to talk about the game/plays?

V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
Anyone want to talk about the game/plays?

LOL

All Pro
All Pro
Good post, ed.

Hue had an excellent reputation as an offensive play caller and play designer before he arrived here. He didn't get dumber despite the protests of about a half-dozen posters.

I do think an offensive coordinator will help him. I believe Hue has trusted Williams to handle the defense so he could concentrate more on offense, but still, an OC could relieve a lot of the burden throughout the week.

I am just tired of people pretending that they understand play calling and scheme. They parrot what others are saying and somehow it becomes true on message boards, talk shows, and in the papers.

Pffftttttt....
Hue is an average OC. That's all I've seen and heard. You puff him up like he is some kind of Guru or something.

Exciting football will be back in Cleveland this fall!
All Pro
All Pro
Originally Posted By: rastanplan

The Hue is better than McCarthy one?

Or Hue being a winner with multiple playoff appearances and a SB ring?
LOL

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
this thread...lol

I bet you're wondering the samething I did, why O' why didn't I take the...blue pill
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Yep. Their offense was putrid in 2014 and 2015 when they made the playoffs...

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yet with all that talent they never finished higher then middle of the pack offensively and stunk it up in their playoff games.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
If 7th is middle of the pack, mind you with Andy Dalton as your QB, I guess you have a point.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
They finished both years 15th in the league in yards. The year before they were 10th with Jay Gruden as the OC and the year after Hue they were 13th with Ken Zampese as OC. If you want to talk points scored they were 15th in 2014 and 7th in 2015 but they were 6th in 2013 with Jay Gruden. People keep saying how great an OC Hue is yet his Bengals' teams were actually worse then what Jay Gruden did the year before.

Oh, and Jay Gruden had Dalton too.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
All Pro
All Pro
With any other OC Cincy could have went deep in the playoffs but Hue screwed that up with his losing touch!

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
We're going down a rabbit hole, but...

continuing with your methodology, Gruden was as bad as 18th in that category and as good as 6th. Hue was 15th and 7...same territory. There are a ton of other factors to take into account. The point is, the two of them were in the same neighborhood and both good offensive, playoff caliber coordinators. Hue is also well-respected around the league for his offensive prowess...hence he garnered a good amount of HC interest.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Hope he does/ we do. Because the game is too big for Hue at ground level alone. He should admit it is one thing fixable, and it should start with him first.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: TONY
With any other OC Cincy could have went deep in the playoffs but Hue screwed that up with his losing touch!

Yep, like Ken Zampese...oh wait...

No, but you're right. Hue was the one who fumbled in the final minutes of the Steelers, and he was also the one responsible for two personal foul penalties in a row that put the Steelers in FG range. Man, what was he thinking!?!?!

Oh well...it wasn't like they would have stood a chance against the Broncos that year either. I mean, they had just lost to them by a whopping 3 points a couple weeks before in overtime.

I could go all day on this one...

#gmstrong
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Quote:
Browns head coach Hue Jackson is still seeking his first win of 2017 today in Chicago. After the season, he will seek an offensive coordinator, per team sources.

https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/944947476716556288

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Quote:
Browns head coach Hue Jackson is still seeking his first win of 2017 today in Chicago. After the season, he will seek an offensive coordinator, per team sources.

https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/944947476716556288

Ken Dorsey should be the OC. Don't @ me

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I doubt this. I doubt he's flexible enough. My concern would be a Hue hire would just be Hue in another package and if not I don't want to see Hue (who's a claimed O genius) butting heads with a guy he doesn't deem his equal. Being forced(?) to hire a guy may not work out well. Who knows. Still think Hues gone by his own accord.

Last edited by 1oldMutt; 12/24/17 11:56 AM.
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: 1oldMutt
I doubt this. I doubt he's flexible enough. My concern would be a Hue hire would just be Hue in another package and if not I don't want to see Hue (who's a claimed O genius) butting heads with a guy he doesn't deem his equal. Being forced(?) to hire a guy may not work out well. Who knows. Still think Hues gone by his own accord.

Hue Jackson definitely knows we will be better next year (before the off-season) and he won't have to fire this guy after the season.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I hope it's true that Hue will hire an OC. IMO this is one of the biggest reasons why we are in the mess we're in. Hue is trying to do too much. An OC would be a big help and Hue could concentrate on just being HC.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
An OC would be a big help and Hue could concentrate on just being HC.

Think about how many rumors he can start if he doesn't have to be offensive coordinator!

E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
Tom Clements - from the Packers

Dirk Koetter - if he gets fired

Legend
Legend
Bernie Kosar if he was in better health. grin

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
Bernie Kosar if he was in better health. grin
Would be an awesome QB coach

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Tom Clements - from the Packers

Dirk Koetter - if he gets fired

Agreed. Here's a name you'll recognize...John DePhillippo. (sic?).

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Offensive Coordinator

Link Copied to Clipboard