Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Legend
Legend
So, "Trust me" is way different now.

What was our previous 'due diligence' anyhow.

take the plunge.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
J
All Pro
All Pro
J
Well first of all hue has already been thrown under the bus.
If we really wanted to win this year we would have drafted Darnold then traded for Odell Beckman in this sense Dorsey is sacrificing are season for his own agenda.

Last edited by jacksondawg; 04/22/18 10:13 AM.
G
2nd String
2nd String
G
Originally Posted By: jacksondawg
Well first of all hue has already been thrown under the bus.
If we really wanted to win this year we would have drafted Darnold then traded for Odell Beckman in this sense Dorsey is sacrificing are season for his own agenda.

Just because we didn't trade for Beckham you think Dorsey is sacrificing the season? Are you serious?
The only agenda Dorsey has is making the Browns a winning team.

I just want a winner. We need players who can be part of the solution not part of the problem.
E
Legend
Legend
E
I don't like him even a ounce and never will

What if he wins? You will still "NOT" like him?

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
E
Legend
Legend
E
We traded the first pick and lost our shot to draft Darnold???

WRs... smh are the most over rated positions in the NFL. OBJ does not deserve to be the most paid individual in the NFL. Not even close.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
All Pro
All Pro
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
I tend to agree, but he is the head coach. You have to let him cook his own goose. You can't send him in to it a dead man walking.

Trust me, I don't like him even a ounce and never will, but we have to do it the right way.

We have to hope and pray for the best this fall. It sure would be nice to have a guy like Frank Reich making the decisions. That was a gutsy coaching job in the Superbowl. Wish Hue had some of that! We'll have to see how he and Todd communicate. It will be interesting. Go Browns!

Exciting football will be back in Cleveland this fall!
O
Legend
Legend
O
I never liked the Hue hire, but he's our coach until he's not and I'm rooting for him.

J
All Pro
All Pro
J
sorry disagree I would not trade joe thomas for entire offseason
2 then you still have to draft somebody to replace shelton
a good middle of the defensive tackle.
right now we will be las t against the run.

J
All Pro
All Pro
J
interersting thought we trade are 4th for buffalos two number 1s then get obj we would have the top wr core for the next 5 yrs assuming we can sign gordon,and obj.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Report: Hue Jackson "out of the loop" on quarterback decision

Posted by Darin Gantt on April 25, 2018, 12:05 PM EDT

On the day before the draft, the air is full of reports that the Browns are considering this guy or that guy, or cooling on some other guy.

But it simply doesn’t make sense that General Manager John Dorsey hasn’t arrived at a decision yet, as long as he’s been working on what is the single most important part of his team-building job.

What’s interesting is who he’s sharing that information with, which seems to be no one.

According to Robert Klemko of SI.com, Browns coach Hue Jackson is “out of the loop” on Dorsey’s decision.

Jackson has certainly given his input into the quarterback evaluations, and Dorsey would be wise to consider it. Jackson has done good work with quarterbacks in the past, and that reputation is a large part of the reason the Browns hired him. But after posting a 1-31 record in his first two years, Dorsey is also wise not to lash his future to Jackson’s.

From a practical standpoint, reducing the number of people who know the identity of the pick also reduces the likelihood of that information making its way to the general public via a member of the media. People talk, but if people don’t know what they’re talking about, it can’t hurt Dorsey’s position.

Now, whether there’s an advantage in keeping that knowledge secret is another question. The Browns can take whoever they want without another team preventing them from it, the reward for their ineptitude on the field. But it’s also the biggest call Dorsey will make, and it appears he’s content keeping it to himself for the moment.

M
Legend
Legend
M
"Who's Robert Klemko?"

Tackles are tackles.
P
Legend
Legend
P
So he's keeping it to himself huh?

Wouldn't that mean EVERYONE is out of the loop?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Dorsey said his wife doesnt even know.

thats just how he operates. apparently thats how he's always operated, so i dunno why people think thats a slight against Hue.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
People see what they want to see.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
People see what they want to see.

And people don't see what they don't want to see.

Hue has a history of opening his mouth too much. I would only tell him what I think he needs to know.

It's really only a story because Hue was the last QB 'chooser' until Dorsey arrived...that's it.

It's an insignificant story because Hue has given his input - which is a part of his job - and Dorsey will be the final chooser of the next QB - which is part of his job.

Legend
Legend
Michael Silver
‏
Verified account

@MikeSilver

Last year Hue Jackson (who desperately wanted Myles Garrett) WAS kept out of the loop—by then-GM Sashi Brown. He found out who Browns were taking 1 overall the morning of the draft. This year with John Dorsey has been a different story. He’s in the loop. All good. 😱

https://twitter.com/MikeSilver/status/989199454736596992

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Well let's base this on what the sources are actually saying. They're saying that "Dorsey has told nobody." Not just Hue, but Hightower, DePodesta, Andrew Berry, Alonzo Highsmith and everyone else in the Browns organization.

You do understand that, right? lmao

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
i think both dorsey and sashi listen to hue and then do what they want lol

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
Legend
Legend
Quote:
From a practical standpoint, reducing the number of people who know the identity of the pick also reduces the likelihood of that information making its way to the general public via a member of the media.

....or the coach's offspring. smile

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Pdawg
Michael Silver
‏
Verified account

@MikeSilver

Last year Hue Jackson (who desperately wanted Myles Garrett) WAS kept out of the loop—by then-GM Sashi Brown. He found out who Browns were taking 1 overall the morning of the draft. This year with John Dorsey has been a different story. He’s in the loop. All good. 😱

At this stage, I think I'm going to just give up on it all... this is why I stopped being active in the draft forum. There's just too much gossip and "he said, she said" and I just can't wait for tomorrow to come and go.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Give it about 26 hours. It'll be crystal clear!

B
Legend
Legend
B
Michael Silver
‏
Verified account

@MikeSilver

Isn't Silver Hues buddy?

I think Sashi kept Hue in the loop and and Hue screwed him.

Dorsey isn't going to get run over by loose lipped Hue.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Legend
Legend
D
He's Zero Dark Dorsey until we pick. I see this as a good thing.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Dave
He's Zero Dark Dorsey until we pick. I see this as a good thing.

Zero Dark Dorsey, hahahaaha...

Legend
Legend
Michael Silver
‏
Verified account

@MikeSilver

Isn't Silver Hues buddy?

I think Sashi kept Hue in the loop and and Hue screwed him.

Dorsey isn't going to get run over by loose lipped Hue.

Let's ignore the fact that there have been reports that the Browns draft board is set, and that no less than a dozen people know who is at the top. (and hence, who the #1 pick will be)

Perhaps it just wasn't important to Sashi that the pick be kept quiet. It is to Dorsey, and there gas been little except for shadowy "friend of" type comments.

You have to get over this Hue fetish. If Dorsey had wanted Hue gone, he'd have been gone from the moment Dorsey was hired.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Quote:
You have to get over this Hue fetish. If Dorsey had wanted Hue gone, he'd have been gone from the moment Dorsey was hired.

Not if the rumors are actual that Jimmah's original deal with Hue - regarding the cost of canning Hue before year 3 - are true.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Well let's base this on what the sources are actually saying. They're saying that "Dorsey has told nobody." Not just Hue, but Hightower, DePodesta, Andrew Berry, Alonzo Highsmith and everyone else in the Browns organization.

Lighten up Francis...who relies on any "source" 24 hours before the draft? Not me or even you.

I believe I said that Dorsey going 'dark' at this point is a non-story.

I'm actually agreeing with you. Try to be a smidgen less senitive.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

I guess I can't get over 1-31 and him throwing front office people and players under the bus.

I'll get over it when he brings his record as a Browns coach up near .500

Since that isn't going to happen any time soon, I guess I won't get over it any time soon.

Tell you want, to be fair, Hue isn't the only reason for our poor showing, when he gets the record to within 15 games of .500 I'll get over it. That will be a positive step.

I just can't wipe the slate clean. Call it a fault if you must. I just don't give 'do overs".

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
BDU Offline
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Isn't Silver Hues buddy?

Yep. What I really dislike is that Myles Garrett just did an interview in which he was asked when he definitively knew he would be the pick. Garrett said "the coaches" tipped him off a few days in advance that he would be the pick.

At the same time, Silver is claiming that Jackson wasn't told until draft day who the pick would be?

I'm calling blueshirt. One of my big issues with Hue is the lack of accountability. It seems to me he's willing to point fingers at everyone but himself. It hasn't gone how he wanted it to go, we get it, but why must he so often put out disinformation?

I don't think Myles Garrett is a liar. I can't say the same for Jackson and Silver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0FydxLgFB4

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: BDU
Isn't Silver Hues buddy?

Yep. What I really dislike is that Myles Garrett just did an interview in which he was asked when he definitively knew he would be the pick. Garrett said "the coaches" tipped him off a few days in advance that he would be the pick.

At the same time, Silver is claiming that Jackson wasn't told until draft day who the pick would be?

I'm calling blueshirt. One of my big issues with Hue is the lack of accountability. It seems to me he's willing to point fingers at everyone but himself. It hasn't gone how he wanted it to go, we get it, but why must he so often put out disinformation?

I don't think Myles Garrett is a liar. I can't say the same for Jackson and Silver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0FydxLgFB4

*mic drop*

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Quote:
the other thing is that no matter what SPIN JOB people try to put on this, at the end of the day, Hue wanted AJ, could've got AJ, but instead Dorsey said "nah, imma get Tyrod instead".

I'm not sure where you got that. I kinda half listen to the bull that goes around in the off season.. But that I never heard Jackson say. Nor have I heard it reported... So either I'm out of the loop or there was nothing said..

Help me out Swish,,, where did that come from.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

One thing to remember is that we have an entirely different regime running the show now... What happened last year is a bit irrelevant.

I'd like to hear from Mahomes when he found out the Chiefs wanted him....

Legend
Legend
we literally tried to trade for AJ during the season.

it was widely known hue wanted AJ here, and if it was up to him, we would've signed him in free agency.

Dorsey instead traded for Tyrod, even though we could've had AJ without giving up assets.

its pretty clear who's calling the shots at the QB position.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Hue's days are numbered.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: pfm1963
Hue's days are numbered.

That applies to every single person working for an NFL team. rofl NFL = Not For Long, and quite often even the best get fired, or forced into retirement, eventually.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Originally Posted By: pfm1963
Hue's days are numbered.

That applies to every single person working for an NFL team. rofl NFL = Not For Long, and quite often even the best get fired, or forced into retirement, eventually.

Hue has less numbers remaining than most.

Legend
Legend
According to @mortreport on ESPN just now, John Dorsey’s known who he was going to take for “about six weeks.”

Dorsey told Haslams “about a month ago.”

“Finally told his head coach Hue Jackson two days ago.”

https://twitter.com/WillBrinson/status/989583368949063682

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg
According to @mortreport on ESPN just now, John Dorsey’s known who he was going to take for “about six weeks.”

Dorsey told Haslams “about a month ago.”

“Finally told his head coach Hue Jackson two days ago.”

https://twitter.com/WillBrinson/status/989583368949063682

Everyone but Mary Kay and Mike Silver have been saying that Hue was just told.

Tackles are tackles.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: WSU Willie

Lighten up Francis...who relies on any "source" 24 hours before the draft? Not me or even you.

I believe I said that Dorsey going 'dark' at this point is a non-story.

I'm actually agreeing with you. Try to be a smidgen less senitive.

The only sensitive people I see on here are the people that have been, and will continue to whine for months about Hue. lmao

Sorry Nancy, your shtick is old and has been used by many.

#gmstrong
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
The oldest shtick on this board is that wacky notion that a coach who is 1-31 at the helm is somehow not responsible for his record, should not be criticized and is not responsible for the reality that he's been unable to work with any/every QB he's had here...followed up by that believer's astonishment that another would find that notion ridiculous.

How could anyone reasonably be dissatisfied with such a coaching performance.rolleyes If you need to name that as 'whining' in order to understand that reality...then so be it.

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Will Cleveland Browns' Hue Jackson be a coach in name only? Bill Livingston

Link Copied to Clipboard