Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
DiamDawg #1437976 04/17/18 02:37 AM
E
Legend
Legend
E
1. You forgot about his great hands wink

2. We havent had a possession WR since Joe Jerivicious, frankly Landry is much better at it.

We havent been missing the home run WR. What we have been missing is a QB to throw that homerun. What we have been missing is a WR who can get open n be there to extend drives.

Looking forward to having a flow in our O!

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
cfrs15 #1438185 04/17/18 05:39 PM
D
Legend
Legend
D

Dawg_LB #1438245 04/17/18 08:11 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB

Good stuff - thanks for posting.

Seems like a great guy, and more than that, a humble leader. His talk of TT's work ethic - first guy in, last guy to leave, is pretty inspiring as well. A lot of talent and a fresh new attitude on this team. Gonna be a fun year.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
FATE #1438295 04/17/18 10:10 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: FATE
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB

Good stuff - thanks for posting.

Seems like a great guy, and more than that, a humble leader. His talk of TT's work ethic - first guy in, last guy to leave, is pretty inspiring as well. A lot of talent and a fresh new attitude on this team. Gonna be a fun year.

We often hear how this is the year we start turning things around ...... but I do believe that this could well be the year it all starts. I like the adds we have made thus far, and if we make the right choice with our 1st and 2nd rounds, we could be well on the way to the road to real success.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
FATE #1438398 04/18/18 11:51 AM
P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
We vastly overpaid for Landry, but he brings a lot. Especially little things - he may be the most tenacious blocking WR in the league.

The idea of Gordon taking the top off with a guy like Landry working the middle is intriguing.

He could be a Hines Ward for us.

PDF #1438399 04/18/18 11:52 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PDF
We vastly overpaid for Landry,

naw

Joe Thomas #73
BADdog #1438414 04/18/18 12:22 PM
E
Legend
Legend
E
Any top tier investment into FA will have the players over paid. Nature of the beast. But we have none players in the elite FA cause we were not ready for the "MOVE".
Finally that day has arrived. No time to get squeamish about investing. As long as we play it smart. Now that we got rid of Sashi, hope we got a good bean counter to keep us on track!

jmho

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

eotab #1440632 04/23/18 07:34 AM
D
Legend
Legend
D
Tabber ... im not sure if I mentioned it or not and i want to make sure everyone is clear on this ...

He was a GREAT SIGNING because he CATCHES THE F’NG BALL!!!!

thumbsup

cfrs15 #1441120 04/23/18 06:59 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
He catches all of them.

He's what drives are made of.

BADdog #1441124 04/23/18 07:04 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Vastly overpaying is a constant of free agency. Maybe in a year or probably two we add a critical piece again and again overpay.

DiamDawg #1441201 04/23/18 08:30 PM
Legend
Legend
Diam, your subtlety may in fact be wasted on some posters.

I have heard he catches the ball often. This should be construed as quite the good 'thing.'

Transparency. Gotta love it.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
PDF #1441238 04/23/18 10:00 PM
J
All Pro
All Pro
J
The idea of having sam Darnold to throw Barkley with that crew excites to no end.
if they go nickel and the cornerback are weak against the run you run right at them.
if they stay in the normal aligment you have barkley and Njoku getting covered by linebackers.

Last edited by jacksondawg; 04/23/18 10:01 PM.
cfrs15 #1441799 04/25/18 01:23 AM
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Watched a highlight video.

Dude's not just got good hands but he's also got quick hands. Like he works slight of hand while catching. It's this smooth motion where the ball just gets snatched right out of the air and for a second it disappears and all of a sudden he's running down field.

He also fights for the ball. That's his ball and he's gonna catch it. Lots of hopping over dudes in order to make the catch. Dude looks fearless in the slot.

This is a developing quarterback's best friend because dude is gonna be reliable.

Last edited by The Collector; 04/25/18 01:23 AM.
cfrs15 #1455939 05/22/18 09:11 AM
Legend
Legend
I don't know if anyone else watched "The Top 100", on NFL Network yesterday, but Jarvis Landry was #52 on the players' list. They showed his hands, and he has some huge hands, and can easily grab the ball with one hand. He has a monster catch radius, as well. I can't wait to see him this coming season. I think that he is going to be a perfect 2nd receiver.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
I don't know if anyone else watched "The Top 100", on NFL Network yesterday, but Jarvis Landry was #52 on the players' list. They showed his hands, and he has some huge hands, and can easily grab the ball with one hand. He has a monster catch radius, as well. I can't wait to see him this coming season. I think that he is going to be a perfect 2nd receiver.
It looks to me like we'll have a much better offense. The additions of Landry, Gordon (basically) and Taylor should open things up for the run big time.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Legend
Legend
D

Catch radius indeed. Impressive... most impressive.

D
Legend
Legend
D

He’s not a #2 ... hes not a #1 either ... he’s like a 1B and 1/2 ... *L* ...

Dude can ball ... WERE gonna LOVE this dude ...

You’ve known me for awhile ...

U ever seen me this excited about a player we picked up ... i’m More excited about Landry than i was BQ ... wink ...

This man can CATCH THE F’N BALL ....

Man I LOVE TYPING THAT ...

WOOOOOHOOOOOO ...

DiamDawg #1456186 05/22/18 09:38 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
"U ever seen me this excited about a player we picked up ... i’m More excited about Landry than i was BQ "

Well hopefully this works out Much better

Joe Thomas #73
cfrs15 #1456194 05/22/18 10:04 PM
Legend
Legend

Jarvis Landry the 2nd Browns player to crack NFL’s Top 100

Bill Belichick summed it up perfectly as the Patriots prepared to face Jarvis Landry and the Dolphins last season.

“Landry’s role,” the New England Patriots coach said, “is he gets the ball a lot.”

No NFL wide receiver touched the ball more than Landry in 2017, and it’s why the new Cleveland playmaker checked in at No. 52 on NFL Network’s list of the league’s top 100 players. It marks the third straight year Landry, who has amassed more catches (400) than anyone in NFL history over the course of his first four seasons, has made the list.

Landry is the second Browns player to make the list, which is being unveiled in reverse order over the course of the next few weeks. Running back Carlos Hyde was 97th.

“Whether the ball is thrown behind me, too high, it’s my ability to catch the ball with one hand or two hands. Receivers talk about it. We call it catch radius,” Landry said. “The bigger your catch radius is, the more likely you have a chance of catching the ball. I like to think I have a big catch radius and it makes my game special.”

The Browns are banking on Landry’s special prowess as a playmaking vacuum at the wide receiver position. Cleveland acquired the three-time Pro Bowler in a trade with the Dolphins at the start of the league year and recently signed him to a contract extension.

Landry figures to be at the center of a revamped passing attack that features new options at all of the skill positions.

“Jarvis Landry is the type of football player we want on this team for a long time,” general manager John Dorsey said. “Obviously, he’s an accomplished playmaker, that’s why we went after him in the trade but in his short time as a Brown we can already see the type of leadership and competitiveness he’s going to bring to his teammates.”

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Jarvis-Landry-the-2nd-Browns-player-to-crack-NFL%E2%80%99s-Top-100/bfa11e46-c472-491b-86df-ed8949373aa5

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
DiamDawg #1456281 05/23/18 07:06 AM
V
Legend
Legend
V
I think a lot of people on this board are underestimating how good Landry is. I think I hear terms like "slot receiver" being said in an almost derogatory manner.

He was my number one target in FA and I'm thankful that the Browns were able to bring him to Cleveland.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I think a lot of people on this board are underestimating how good Landry is. I think I hear terms like "slot receiver" being said in an almost derogatory manner.

He was my number one target in FA and I'm thankful that the Browns were able to bring him to Cleveland.

that slot reciever thing really bothers me ... i made a post some weeks ago where i said that i could care less how u label him he’s a top 15 or so RECIEVER in the league ...

I think a lot of these guys either don’t understand what a true slot WR is or they have a different definition than i do and maybe u also ...

Landry lines up in the slot a lot when there’s 3 or more reciever sets ... that makes him a slot reciever to some ... NOT ME ... Landry is out there in almost all 2 WR sets if not all of them ... that disqualifies him from being a “slot” reciever to me ...

Theres a difference between lining up in the slot a lot and being what i consider a “slot” reciever ... make sense?

When i hear that i think of Larry Fitz (guess its time to change my sig now ... *L* ..) ... he’s spent a hell of a lot of time in his career in the slot ... but hes not reffered to as a “slot” reciever cause he started before the term slot reciever became so popular ... at least thats what i think ... *L* ...

DiamDawg #1456288 05/23/18 07:48 AM
V
Legend
Legend
V
I think labeling him as a certain kind of receiver is inaccurate and unfair. I don't care where he lines up. All I know is that he runs good routes, has great hands, is tough as nails, and is a quality receiver who consistently gets the job done.

PDF #1456289 05/23/18 07:50 AM
Legend
Legend
If we have reliable consistency in our receiving with Landry and new OC, with Gordon and the wideout herd, then it may well prove a bargain. If we paid too much, well, given the past crappiness and lousy results, we may pay a premium. A bargain if it works and offers a buildable base.

Nobody complains they are having entirely too much success passing, price tag aside.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
D
Legend
Legend
D
This is WAY DIFFERENT then the guys that have burned us ...

Bowe was done ... a few of us said the day of the signing it was a HORRIBLE SIGNING ... he was coming off a very down year and was way older than Landry ...

Britt has always been a lazy underachieving bum ... he had a great contract year considering his situation in LA ... a few of us said it was not a good signing and a lot of our fellow dawgs were going to be dissapointed because his contract year was a huge STATISTICAL OUTLIER ... i had no clue it would be that bad .. i have no clue what turned him off but he went above and beyond being NON PROFFESIONAL ... i thought it was going to be a bad signing .. but no way did i see it turning out that bad ...

Landry is going into year 4 and he’s coming off back to back pro bowl seasons ...

Like i said ... WAY DIFFERENT ... the only thing Landry has in common with them is they play the same position ... thats in name only ... Landry plays it at a different level than they do ..

3 of the main posters crapping on the Bowe and Britt signing (Vers, Pit and myself) LOVE THIS SIGNING ... Pit .. correct me if i’m Wrong ... if i am i apologize for speaking out of turn for u ...

It doesn’t mean were going to be right ... but it is DEFINELTY a grape to watermelon comparision when u compare the Landry singing to any other WR FA signing we’ve had not named Joe ...

And dawg ... its no coincidence that Jarvis and Joe have one thing in common that Britt/Bowe or any other WR we’ve brought in ...

THEY CATCH THE F’N BALL ... thumbsup

DiamDawg #1456300 05/23/18 08:19 AM
V
Legend
Legend
V
I know this sounds like a crazy example, but I watched parts of the Pro Bowl's Skill Challenge. The wide receivers had to navigate this crazy obstacle course while catching the ball. Landry absolutely destroyed every WR there. Not only did he show how superior his hands were, but his footwork was far and away the best out there. He can change directions, measure his steps, and get his feet down w/amazing grace.

Later, he won the dodge ball competition. At the end, it was him against one other guy. Landry drops his ball and dares his opponent to throw at him. Of course, he caught the ball to win the event. Dude is a stud.

DiamDawg #1456301 05/23/18 08:21 AM
Legend
Legend
Dawg! I love the spark!

I realize we may not be 'cured' of all bad stuff yet, but we are 'bettered' I agree. And this quality and experience we have now, is solid to build on and set the bar higher IMO. I hated the signings you mentioned, especially the no-dress non-starts. Appalling.

Hope we open the playbook and stop giving away wins like Halloween candy. I want to beat the sand out of people who dare to play us.

Let the paybacks begin.

D
Legend
Legend
D
U I know how i feel about feet ... lord only knows i took enough heat for it from the dolts back in the day ... *L* ...

I LOVE that stuff ... it shows how great an athelete he is and also what a COMPETITOR he is ... i don’t feel like thinking about how to spell competitor so if i spelled it wrong ... BITE ME ... *LOL* ..

If he had a tad more speed ... he’d be very comparable to Antonio Brown ... your thoughts on that?

Hes not a threat to take it to the house every time he catches it ... but man ... he’s HARD TO TACKLE ... he FIGHTS for every inch ...

Last year was the first year in a decade or so i didnt watch every single snap of every single nfl games except some of the Thur or Sunday night games ... they weren’t on the directv re-run package ...

When i watched Landry even as a rookie he made it impossible to NOT NOTICE HIM ... he was always moving the chains ... sometimes by making one guy miss and then breaking the next ones tackle .. he was ALWAYS MAKING PLAYS even as a rookie that made me think this dude does a lot of things that don’t impress on the stat sheet but we’re HUGE in helping his team win games ...

I said many times this kid is way underrated in year 2 and he has a shot to be a Cris Carter type in this league ... play for ever, catch everything and always seem to PEE Tthe other team off cause ther making that “keep the drive” alive type play ...

DiamDawg #1456346 05/23/18 10:19 AM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
U I know how i feel about feet ... lord only knows i took enough heat for it from the dolts back in the day ... *L* ...

I LOVE that stuff ... it shows how great an athelete he is and also what a COMPETITOR he is ... i don’t feel like thinking about how to spell competitor so if i spelled it wrong ... BITE ME ... *LOL* ..

If he had a tad more speed ... he’d be very comparable to Antonio Brown ... your thoughts on that?

Hes not a threat to take it to the house every time he catches it ... but man ... he’s HARD TO TACKLE ... he FIGHTS for every inch ...

Last year was the first year in a decade or so i didnt watch every single snap of every single nfl games except some of the Thur or Sunday night games ... they weren’t on the directv re-run package ...

When i watched Landry even as a rookie he made it impossible to NOT NOTICE HIM ... he was always moving the chains ... sometimes by making one guy miss and then breaking the next ones tackle .. he was ALWAYS MAKING PLAYS even as a rookie that made me think this dude does a lot of things that don’t impress on the stat sheet but we’re HUGE in helping his team win games ...

I said many times this kid is way underrated in year 2 and he has a shot to be a Cris Carter type in this league ... play for ever, catch everything and always seem to PEE Tthe other team off cause ther making that “keep the drive” alive type play ...

I love his fight on every play. Ball's not coming his way? He'll block his ass off.

He'll catch anything that is anywhere in his general vicinity, and makes one handed grabs as easily as some players make 2 handed catches. He catches away from his body.

Every one of Miami's receivers saw a significant drop off in yards/catch last year. They also didn't run the ball all that much. People complained, rightly, about how we didn't run the ball much last year, but we had more than 300 more yards rushing than the Phins. They had to bring in Cutler, who I don't like as a QB. I think that he negatively impacted every one of their WRs last year.

Here's a staggering stat .... Landry was targeted 26.6% of the time last year. I think that he was used as a safety blanket, despite the fact that he can get open down the field. He can stop/start with amazing proficiency, and he is so quick that it's amazing.

I just hope that we'll use him in way that really utilizes his talents and abilities.

cfrs15 #1456349 05/23/18 10:23 AM
Legend
Legend
watching a guy when he knows the ball isn't coming his way is a BIG indicator IMO

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Would you guys stop, already.... I'm trying to maintain low expectations and not get my hopes up.

Thoughts of a guy akin to JoeJ, or better, running the field with Gordon (WAY better than Braylon), a TE as athletic as K2, and a QB better than Anderson has me starting to think we can make some noise.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

DiamDawg #1456355 05/23/18 10:33 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
... i don’t feel like thinking about how to spell competitor so if i spelled it wrong ... BITE ME ...

That will not be necessary...this time around. thumbsup

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

"Slot receiver", was one of the terms I used immediately after we traded for him. However, as usual, since we did sign him I looked deeper into his playing career. I watched a lot of game footage on him and found that yes, he's known first as a slot receiver but he also has a lot of catches on deeper routes. He can run the route tree and get open for completions at any spot on the field.

So I take back the derogatory remark I initially made.

#gmstrong
DiamDawg #1456377 05/23/18 11:53 AM
E
Legend
Legend
E
All I know is I'd rather have ONE LANDRY...than 3 Kenny Britts...

If my math memory is correct 3 x 0 = 0

The payment to Landry has less value as a negative for the simple reason that we had 100 mil in cap space at the time. Why we had the FA war chest so we can make sound FA (even though a trade) investments. Instead of the Britts or what's him name the year before. Good priced WRs. If not young up n comers why bother its a waste of money. Got to pay for talent as long as we choose wisely.

We got 3 first round talent WRs now on the team. Gordon, Landry and Calloway. We never had that kind of talent before, Never and the best part is that we finally have QBs to take advantage of the talent! Man I can't wait to see BM come in and be our franchise QB. Nothing against TT probably the best QB since 1999...but there is a reason we made BM our first pick in a Very talented QB class. Once all understands the O and it has good flow. Well I will stop there. Cause after all I'm a homer and my opinion must therefore be tainted. But I studied this kid. He can make every throw at all kinds of angles and throw at the velocity needed for each play, he has that natural feel and ability. One we get the two OTs established...I see nothing stopping us.

Man we got some great days ahead of us as Fans and we EARNED IT!

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

DiamDawg #1456380 05/23/18 11:57 AM
P
Legend
Legend
P
One thing that I don't hear a lot about is the crispness of his routes. His footwork allows him to be in that "special" category as an ankle breaker. What a lot of people don't consider is that Jerry Rice and Jarvis Landry had very similar 40 times and both were pretty slow. Yet in both cases, their ability to get open are unmatched.

Being a great WR is far more about a players feet and not about straight line speed.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The number one guy I wanted as well. First down machine.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: DeputyDawg

The number one guy I wanted as well. First down machine.

Chain Mover + something we haven't had in a loooooong time ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
V
Legend
Legend
V
It's nice to see other posters like you and Dep and others appreciate Landry's talents. I really do believe he is "very good."

cfrs15 #1456741 05/23/18 10:59 PM
Legend
Legend
There were reports that the Ravens were closing in on getting Landry before we did. I was so happy that we beat them to the deal, especially when we didn't have to give up a whole lot.

ddubia #1456943 05/24/18 11:39 AM
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: ddubia

"Slot receiver", was one of the terms I used immediately after we traded for him. However, as usual, since we did sign him I looked deeper into his playing career. I watched a lot of game footage on him and found that yes, he's known first as a slot receiver but he also has a lot of catches on deeper routes. He can run the route tree and get open for completions at any spot on the field.

So I take back the derogatory remark I initially made.

Did u happen to see ANY DROPS .... wink ....

PitDAWG #1456944 05/24/18 11:40 AM
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
One thing that I don't hear a lot about is the crispness of his routes. His footwork allows him to be in that "special" category as an ankle breaker. What a lot of people don't consider is that Jerry Rice and Jarvis Landry had very similar 40 times and both were pretty slow. Yet in both cases, their ability to get open are unmatched.

Being a great WR is far more about a players feet and not about straight line speed.

Couldn’t agree more Pit ... theres a reason were this excited about him ... the man can BALL ... thumbsup

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Jarvis Landry

Link Copied to Clipboard