Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: ddubia
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
... here’s some things ya’all need to consider ...

Good post all around Bro. This board is too full of haters.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see a ton of haters. Maybe a half dozen tops. I do see a lot of criticism...which has been earned. I understand the reason why he's still here...I want him to succeed...but criticizing his past performance does not equate to hate. JMO

P
Legend
Legend
P
Actually he would have to win 30 in a row to be .500, not 31.

Just sayin'.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
One of the comments coming from the team, I'll assume I recall it being Dorsey, about not selecting Josh Allen, ...

One of the comments, (This April, or May) was that if you have to keep coming up with excuses for incompletions, that is not the guy.

How long are they going to put up with and keep making excuses that Hue can't find a win as a head coach, of the Browns.

People can talk about new talent and changes and I think the two years, (this year vs last) and (last year vs the year before) are similar in the changes and new faces.

The difference is, I think every 3-4 years or so, the schedule seems to cycle to where you get favorable matchups on your schedule, (for instance in the years since manning left the colts, I'd say a game vs Indy is easier on paper than a game vs New England.)

I feel the easier schedule finally cycled around to the Browns again last year, meaning the Browns should have had their most success.

No one can plan for another teams struggles, but the Browns were gifted 3 or more games last year vs the opponents 2nd Qb from that teams opener.

And if I recall correcty the 2016 year before, the Browns faced a couple of teams with injured Db's.

I can't deny Hue Jackson now has an O coordinator.

Hue Jackson is the HC of the Browns, I may not like it, but what am I gonna do.

Hope the Browns win this time, (and continue to gripe when the losses pile up), what else can I do.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Had about 4 posts in succession getting on me for siding with Hue...ergo the you all...as in if the shoe fits, if it doesn't then don't apply.

Yeah I get that sometimes two...I started to answer one or two things from your statement then continued in my train of thought answering other statements and posts. Sorry about that.

I still don't get it. I think to a MAN including myself. If he has a bad record W's n L's this coming year he would be considered a Bad HC...I think we all agree on this.

I was confused cause you were talking about judging him and talked about how hard its going to be for him to be considered a .500 coach. I don't think that would be hard. I think most will start judging him from here on in where he has a team that can compete, what will he do with it now. Now how much he has to win to get to be considered a .500 HC.

He wins 10-6, 11-5 he still will be 22-42... .344 but I would evaluate him as an above average HC regardless of the Overall W/L record.

I think Hue had the team playing Well he just didn't have the veteran experience to finish games and win. HC job ready to win...easy to say hard to do in a league that there are no powder puff teams. Or shouldn't be. There are no easy wins to schedule as in college so that they can win. We were in no way built to win. So HC job is to get the team out there to put their best foot forward to win. I think we did that several times just you cannot overcome the lack of certain players, QB being one of them.

Things should be better with meds. Just frustrating...you know like being a Brown's fan...lol laugh

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: eotab
Had about 4 posts in succession getting on me for siding with Hue...ergo the you all...as in if the shoe fits, if it doesn't then don't apply.

Yeah I get that sometimes two...I started to answer one or two things from your statement then continued in my train of thought answering other statements and posts. Sorry about that.

I still don't get it. I think to a MAN including myself. If he has a bad record W's n L's this coming year he would be considered a Bad HC...I think we all agree on this.

I was confused cause you were talking about judging him and talked about how hard its going to be for him to be considered a .500 coach. I don't think that would be hard. I think most will start judging him from here on in where he has a team that can compete, what will he do with it now. Now how much he has to win to get to be considered a .500 HC.

He wins 10-6, 11-5 he still will be 22-42... .344 but I would evaluate him as an above average HC regardless of the Overall W/L record.

I think Hue had the team playing Well he just didn't have the veteran experience to finish games and win. HC job ready to win...easy to say hard to do in a league that there are no powder puff teams. Or shouldn't be. There are no easy wins to schedule as in college so that they can win. We were in no way built to win. So HC job is to get the team out there to put their best foot forward to win. I think we did that several times just you cannot overcome the lack of certain players, QB being one of them.

Things should be better with meds. Just frustrating...you know like being a Brown's fan...lol laugh

Say we go 20-12 the next 2 years that would make Hue 21-43 but I believe most sports shows and those in the NFL would begin breaking that down when they talk about his record, like Hue Jackson has led the Browns to a 20-12 record over the last 2 years after a horrible beginning at 1-31 ... JMO thumbsup

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
O
Legend
Legend
O
... which would really put some weight behind the "he had no talent" argument.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
B
Legend
Legend
B
Nice.

I will say 7 wins minimum, but we aren't far apart. I say 7 because 6 wins means 10 losses. The guy can't lose double digit numbers again.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Vambo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: oobernoober

Or Todd Haley and Gregg Williams are doing a great job.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Vambo

And Hue isn't all that involved.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The appointment (anointment?) of Haley to take over the offense will be by far, the biggest single contributor to our anticipated improvement this coming season...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Legend
Legend
Quote:
Say we go 20-12 the next 2 years that would make Hue 21-43 but I believe most sports shows and those in the NFL would begin breaking that down when they talk about his record, like Hue Jackson has led the Browns to a 20-12 record over the last 2 years after a horrible beginning at 1-31 ... JMO thumbsup

That would be cherry picking. I think you have to look at the entire body of work. grin

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32

The appointment (anointment?) of Haley to take over the offense will be by far, the biggest single contributor to our anticipated improvement this coming season...

Playing with two safeties will help too.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Nice.

I will say 7 wins minimum, but we aren't far apart. I say 7 because 6 wins means 10 losses. The guy can't lose double digit numbers again.

Are you kidding.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T
GC. What does real progress look like for this team?
What's the record after the first 10 games?

Who gets the credit, or where does the buck stop?

My thinking is 4-12, 2-14, 0-16 are real possibilities.

And I don't know where to find more than 2 wins on that schedule. Tyrod's going to have to be a Real good Qb, or Bakers going to have to have a Real Good rookie season, if somebody's talking 7 or more wins.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Most of the talking heads have us winning between 4 and 9 games this year! We're better on paper, but I'm not buying in to that until the wins start coming. How many games will hue need to save his job? I'd say 6 or more.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
Most of the talking heads have us winning between 4 and 9 games this year! We're better on paper, but I'm not buying in to that until the wins start coming. How many games will hue need to save his job? I'd say 6 or more.

I agree, though I lean towards the more. As I said, I don't want 10 losses.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

I wonder how many games we would have won last year with decent quarterback play. I don't blame Kizer, we just weren't equipped with a good quarterback ready to play in the NFL. Tyrod Taylor alone should significantly increase our chances of winning. We weren't out of that many games last year, a consistent quarterback would probably have won quite a few. (5 or more.) IMHO

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Browns' Hue Jackson jumping in Lake Erie June 1 for charity

Cleveland Browns coach Hue Jackson will make his celebrated jump into Lake Erie on June 1, according to an announcement Monday on the team's Twitter page.

Jackson has turned the event into a fundraiser for his charitable foundation that fights human trafficking.

"Fortunately I'm not going alone," Jackson said about keeping his word to jump in the lake. "Many members of the Browns organization have agreed to jump with me."

The jump goes back to January 2017, when after a 1-15 season Jackson vowed 2017 would be better or fans would "find him swimming in the lake."

The Browns went winless in 2017, and Jackson said the time has come for him to keep his word. He promised to donate $100 for every individual who jumps in the lake with him to The Hue Jackson Foundation, which he set up a year ago to fight human trafficking.

"My goal is to get $15,000," Jackson said.

That means he would be joined by 150 members of the organization.

"We are working toward making 2018 a much better year for the Cleveland Browns," Jackson said, "and I'm hoping to also cleanse ourselves of all the losing for the past two seasons by jumping in."

The jump will be a private event, open only to members of the organization. Jackson said the team will release a video of the event on its social media platforms after June 1.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23503689/cleveland-browns-hue-jackson-jumping-lake-charity

wonder if sashi will be there too?

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
I'm sure he will raise a ton of money if he stays in the lake...

D
Legend
Legend
D
Good for Hue ... he’s a raising money for a great cause ...

Thats a good thing ...

This and the parade raising money for food for the needy are possibly the only two good things to come out of last year ...

Thanks for raising some money for a great cause Mr. Jackson ... thumbsup

B
Legend
Legend
B
I agree.

I have been a critic of Hue, but was never in favor of holding to some stupid jump in the lake comment.

Anyway, he is doing it for a good cause.

Last season is over. I have washed my hands of that mess. We have added talent to the talent we had. Hue is not not trying to be a coordinator and head coach. I think that will work in his favor.

Like you, I am optimistic with what this season can bring. I wasn't going to bring up playoff potential, I am just set on 7 wins. We can and should win 7 games. No more 10 loss seasons.

I wish Hue well.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
I agree.

I have been a critic of Hue, but was never in favor of holding to some stupid jump in the lake comment.

Anyway, he is doing it for a good cause.

Last season is over. I have washed my hands of that mess. We have added talent to the talent we had. Hue is not not trying to be a coordinator and head coach. I think that will work in his favor.

Like you, I am optimistic with what this season can bring. I wasn't going to bring up playoff potential, I am just set on 7 wins. We can and should win 7 games. No more 10 loss seasons.

I wish Hue well.

Nobody expected Hue to hold his word... First because when we believed in him we expected him to quit for the miserable seasons we gave us,and when we started to no know him better, we figured that is word has no value at all.

The only way this would be less embarrassing for him would be for Hue to jump in the lake after the last game...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Hue went and thought of the charity event and made me feel bad about myself and my Google searches for a shark rental.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R

lol

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
jc

I haven't followed this all that closely to apologies if it has already come up. But what exactly does Hue Jackson do?

He was never a defensive guy; Williams handles that. This happens sometimes with an offensive coach.

He's supposed to be a QB guru. I think this was based on how Andy Dalton developed, but it hasn't worked out with Cody Kessler ("Trust me on this one"), RG3, Kizer, or anyone else we brought in. We didn't go after McCarron, which gives some insight into what both Dorsey and Sashi thought of his opinion.

He's not even in control of the offense anymore. Haley is.

Hue hasn't exactly shown a knack for game management, either.

So why exactly is he still the head coach, after going 1-31? Is it just to get his buyout down to a more palatable amount, while we build the talent on the team and make the Browns HC job more desirable for when we hire our real head coach next year?

Vambo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Haus
jc

I haven't followed this all that closely to apologies if it has already come up. But what exactly does Hue Jackson do?

He was never a defensive guy; Williams handles that. This happens sometimes with an offensive coach.

He's supposed to be a QB guru. I think this was based on how Andy Dalton developed, but it hasn't worked out with Cody Kessler ("Trust me on this one"), RG3, Kizer, or anyone else we brought in. We didn't go after McCarron, which gives some insight into what both Dorsey and Sashi thought of his opinion.

He's not even in control of the offense anymore. Haley is.

Hue hasn't exactly shown a knack for game management, either.

So why exactly is he still the head coach, after going 1-31? Is it just to get his buyout down to a more palatable amount, while we build the talent on the team and make the Browns HC job more desirable for when we hire our real head coach next year?

M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

The argument of him remaining as HC is the following:

1. Stability in coaching
2. The players like playing for him
3. Not enough talent has been built up to fully judge him as a HC.
4. Took on alot as HC + OC that perhaps handing off OC job allows him to focus more on the game planning, which I agree, was questionable many times.
5. Won the battle where Jimmy was forced to choose between keeping his experienced coach or the head of his FO.
6. Jimmy and Dee bent over backward trying to get Hue (the hottest FA head coach candidate at the time) to come to Cleveland. They were able to convince him and don't want to give up on that.

But you know, I have an agenda on Hue. notallthere

Tackles are tackles.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Don't worry so much. That will all change this year.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Quote:

1. Stability in coaching
4. Took on alot as HC + OC that perhaps handing off OC job allows him to focus more on the game planning, which I agree, was questionable many times.
5. Won the battle where Jimmy was forced to choose between keeping his experienced coach or the head of his FO.
6. Jimmy and Dee bent over backward trying to get Hue (the hottest FA head coach candidate at the time) to come to Cleveland. They were able to convince him and don't want to give up on that.

It was a fair post. I guess we'll see what happens this year. I think that, with the amount of talent that was added this off-season, there should be no more excuses.

Last edited by Haus; 06/06/18 11:13 AM.
P
Legend
Legend
P

Admitting you have a problem is the first step in solving it.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

Admitting you have a problem is the first step in solving it.

I didn't know you hold people's beers too?!

Tackles are tackles.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Weak...

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

1. Stability in coaching

And...

7. It was easier and less disruptive at that point in the season to replace the GM as opposed to the HC...

Last edited by bbrowns32; 06/06/18 12:10 PM.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32
Quote:

1. Stability in coaching

And...

7. It was easier and less disruptive at that point in the season to replace the GM as opposed to the HC...

the infighting stop... now that the snake is gone.. we have a GM that understands how to get coaches the players they need to be competitive.. just facts...

M
Legend
Legend
M
Snake? How did you come to that conclusion?

Tackles are tackles.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Snake? How did you come to that conclusion?

the way he threw pettin farmer under the bus on his climb to power.. took him 2 years but he got it done... and the fact is now no infighting.. Gm on same page as the coaching staff.. first time in a long long time.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
the way he threw pettin farmer under the bus on his climb to power

I stopped here, but thanks for the reponse.

Tackles are tackles.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:
the way he threw pettin farmer under the bus on his climb to power

I stopped here, but thanks for the reponse.

Brown’s a smooth operator, and people inside the facility adore his demeanor and likability. In his dealings with Pettine and Farmer he rightfully scolded the pair for their defensive scheme and signing over-the-hill free agents.

guy was running behind everyone backs the whole time clawing his way to the top at the cost of us losing.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Well, you certainly drew out the Hue Hate Club. LOL

I think you have a couple of assumptions wrong.

--Hue did coach DBs at one point, so he does have experience on the defensive side of the ball.

--He has also coached Special Teams in a couple of places.

--Hue is given credit for helping QBs like C. Palmer, J. Flacco, Dalton, Patrick Ramsey, & Jason Campbell. Hue was a qb himself and even Brock Osweiler commented that no one had ever did a better job of working on his mechanics than Hue.

Hue has been an OC for 4 teams and is widely respected as a good teacher and for his offensive philosophies by the people who count......that is.........NFL people. Not some guys who are butt hurt because Sashi got fired.

I don't know if Hue Jackson is a good HC or not. I do know that he didn't have the talent in Cleveland the last two years to win. I think that guys like Joe Thomas defending him and praising him for keeping the team together means something. I think he deserves a shot w/some talent on the roster.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Well, you certainly drew out the Hue Hate Club. LOL

I think you have a couple of assumptions wrong.

--Hue did coach DBs at one point, so he does have experience on the defensive side of the ball.

--He has also coached Special Teams in a couple of places.

--Hue is given credit for helping QBs like C. Palmer, J. Flacco, Dalton, Patrick Ramsey, & Jason Campbell. Hue was a qb himself and even Brock Osweiler commented that no one had ever did a better job of working on his mechanics than Hue.

Hue has been an OC for 4 teams and is widely respected as a good teacher and for his offensive philosophies by the people who count......that is.........NFL people. Not some guys who are butt hurt because Sashi got fired.

I don't know if Hue Jackson is a good HC or not. I do know that he didn't have the talent in Cleveland the last two years to win. I think that guys like Joe Thomas defending him and praising him for keeping the team together means something. I think he deserves a shot w/some talent on the roster.

Solid post.

I think Hue's mismanaged things on this team, but I do think at this point we're headed in the right direction.

I also think this assumption that Hue doesn't really know anything about offense, etc. is ridiculous. He's been very respected in this league. You don't get all those jobs without being respected.

We see differently on Haley (whom I like, but you don't), but I think people make Hue out to be a dolt when really he's not. There might be better coaches out there, and he might not be the answer to this team.

But if he was a dolt, his players wouldn't respect him the way they do, and fellow coaches wouldn't speak so highly of him. And I don't think there's a chance in heck that John Dorsey would be willing to work with him if he was a dolt

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Will Cleveland Browns' Hue Jackson be a coach in name only? Bill Livingston

Link Copied to Clipboard