Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
ddubia #1474218 07/13/18 08:11 AM
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: ddubia

He has 10 1/2" hands.

Hmmm ...with that hand size he’d of been a GREAT QB ... *L* ...

DiamDawg #1474252 07/13/18 09:09 AM
E
Legend
Legend
E
You can come anyday to my house and spend the day/night and watch the ticket with me... wink

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I watch so many NFL games that I'm embarrassed to admit the number. But, I tape a ton of games and watch some of those on Tues, Wed, and Friday nights.

In my opinion, these WRs have the best hands I have seen in recent years. I'm not going to put them in order. Too subjective and I don't like being inaccurate.

Fitz is one. Large catch radius.

Marvin Jones is another. Dude isn't big, but he soars and makes some of toughest high-point catches I have ever seen.

Antonio Brown has the unique ability to work his hands and feet together. No one is better at this.

Our own Jarvis Landry has strong hands and snatches passes out of the air.

His college teammate, Odell Beckham Jr has incredible hands. Similar to Landry. I know people don't like him, but he can catch.

Doug Baldwin has great hands. He is another guy who can coordinate his feet w/his hands very well on the sidelines.

Jeremy Maclin is steady as can be. He might not be sensational, but he doesn't drop the ball.

I am probably leaving some dudes out, but those are the guys that pop into my mind.

Not sure why your embarrassed cause u get to spend a great deal of time doing something u love ... sounds good to me ... thumbsup

I watch the games on the 30 minute quick take on the ticket ... two years ago they switched it ... the quick takes were on tv for about 48 hours straight and i used to tape them ... two years ago they made it online only so I couldn’t record them and kept it to the 48 hour limit ... I couldn’t squeeze that in last year so for the first time in 5 or 6 years i didnt see every snap of every game ...

Interesting list ... a few names onit i never really thought of as guys with great hands ...

Love me some Fitz ...

Always liked Jones ... never really noticed his hands or high point ability ... good stuff ... thanks ...

AB is AB ... love watching him play but hate him as much as i did Hines Ward ... *L* ..

Bro .. u have NO CLUE how much i am looking forward to seeing Jarvis making plays for us ... i think this is by far the most excited i’ve Been to see a player since our return ... I LOVED when we got Jamar Miller .. LOVED HIM ... just knew on our D he could only make a small difference ... with this team .. Jarvis can actually help us win some games ... thumbsup

Jr’s a “sign of the times” kid IMO ... but man .. can he make the incredible catch .. and they say he works his ass off at it ... love his work ethic and what he does in between the lines .. not a fan of the crap that hurts the team on the sidelines or in the press ...

Baldwin is vastly underrated ... one of the most underrated in football .. hes good ... never really thought of him as a great hands guy ... but now that u bring it up .. he doesn’t drop the ball .. EVER ... also great body control as u pointed out .. he’s TOUGH as nails too ...

We should make this a running topic next year ... who has the best hands and talk about the drops and catches we saw ...

What do ya’all think?

eotab #1474269 07/13/18 10:11 AM
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: eotab
You can come anyday to my house and spend the day/night and watch the ticket with me... wink

*L* ... thanks dawg ... its a pretty long commute though ... wink ...

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: WSU Willie
Originally Posted By: eotab
Just curious, how is 10" hand size a negative???

It is difficult for guys with giant hands to shoot free throws in those charity basketball games he will surely play in. So there's that.

I have no plans to watch Jarvis play in charity hoops games so were good there ...

However, Sunday afternoons through the fall and hopefully into February at some point in the future are a different story ... thumbsup

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

Nice read. Something to get excited about... I'm on record as not liking the signing, but hopefully he can prove me wrong and he ends up being better than he was for the Dolphins.

Legend
Legend
His reputation is: makes the hard catches, sometimes misses the easy ones.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Originally Posted By: devicedawg

Nice read. Something to get excited about... I'm on record as not liking the signing, but hopefully he can prove me wrong and he ends up being better than he was for the Dolphins.

To me, Landry is the first attempt by the Browns, to bring in a true Pro Bowl caliber WR, young and in his prime. So I'm looking forward to see what he can do.

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
P
Legend
Legend
P
Some people expect people to take their word about a player who has never taken a snap in the NFL, then in the next breath refuse to recognize a player who has already proven himself in the NFL. You can't make this stuff up!

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
bonefish #1474818 07/15/18 12:39 PM
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: bonefish
His reputation is: makes the hard catches, sometimes misses the easy ones.

Who u reffering too?

cfrs15 #1474819 07/15/18 12:41 PM
Legend
Legend
j/c

it's pretty rare to get an All-Pro type talent who is still young to change teams via trade/FA ... IMO this was a no brainer

He adds legitimacy and leadership and playmaking.

If it doesn't pan out, it's 100% worth the chance

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Legend
Legend
D
Better than he was for the dolphins???? ...

This statement is as head scratching as u thinking Baker didnt hurt the team when he was benched to start a game ...

Not sure exactly how much more u expected him to do there ...

Quite frankly its mind boggling that your “dissapointed” in his play in Miami ...

I can’t wait to see dude ...

U do know that he CATCHES THE F’N BALL!!!!! .... don’t u ... naughtydevil

PitDAWG #1474838 07/15/18 02:02 PM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Some people expect people to take their word about a player who has never taken a snap in the NFL, then in the next breath refuse to recognize a player who has already proven himself in the NFL. You can't make this stuff up!

Wow. School of vers much?

You get a kick out of making stuff up too, I take it?

P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't make the news. I just report it.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
DiamDawg #1474849 07/15/18 02:43 PM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:
Better than he was for the dolphins???? ...

This statement is as head scratching as u thinking Baker didnt hurt the team when he was benched to start a game ...

Not sure exactly how much more u expected him to do there ...

Quite frankly its mind boggling that your “dissapointed” in his play in Miami ...

I can’t wait to see dude ...

U do know that he CATCHES THE F’N BALL!!!!! .... don’t u ... naughtydevil

I never said I was "disappointed," did I?

I love how several of you take someone's words and twist them into something they didn't say. rofl

I never said anything about him not doing what I expected in Miami.

A crotch grab in the NFL only nets you a fine, not a suspension. Ask Jarvis, pretty sure he knows.

And I think based on the stats, which must lie, we well overpaid for Landry. I'm allowed to say that and have that opinion. He's paid like a top 5 WR and he's certainly not a top 5 WR, not even top 10.

I get everyone here wants to pay the man whatever it takes because he's the best WR we've seen in years. I can see where this might work out, but if he produces like he did in Miami he wasn't worth the bill. His yards per target is atrocious. Higgins who played slot quite a bit of the time was about 3 yards better than Landry. But I guess if we get the same stats as last year in Miami it was well worth it. Yeesh...

PitDAWG #1474851 07/15/18 02:44 PM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

Then what did I say?

Actually, nevermind. Not going back and forth with you because you'll deny any wrongdoing.

D
Legend
Legend
D

I’m not getting dragged into the 10 year old crap that Vers engages U in ... it destroys threads when u two do it and i won’t partake ...

See the bolded part ... that led me to believe U WERE “DISSAPOINTED” in his play in Miami ... guess i mis read it ... rofl ... i’ll make sure to have my attorney proof read my posts to u from now on ... thumbsup

We do agree he is not a top 5 WR in the NFL ...

I’m not gonna bother replying to your we “overpaid” him BS ... cause thats all it is ... complete and utter BS ...

U either don’t understand the nature of todays nfl contracts or have no clue how FA works ... and yes i do know he wasn’t a FA YET ... i’d explain but my lawyer just went home for the day ... *LOL* ...

Just curious ... if U think we overpaid for Jarvis ... Thank god your not a chiefs fan cause they paid Watkins more per year than we paid for a 3 time pro bowler ... rofl ..

Have a good one dude and GO BROWNS!!!!

DiamDawg #1474865 07/15/18 03:50 PM
B
Legend
Legend
B
Bottom line is Landry makes us a much better offensive team.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K

Then what did I say?

Actually, nevermind. Not going back and forth with you because you'll deny any wrongdoing.

Just STOP already.

First you got this silly ass BS going with Vers on Mayfield.

Now you're saying silly ass BS about Landry?

OMG. This Kat is one of the best WRs in the league.

WHY is he, Diam? Drumroll please. Lol

kwhip #1474885 07/15/18 04:32 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
You're a beer holder too, huh? Damn.....that's a shame.

Tackles are tackles.
kwhip #1474889 07/15/18 04:45 PM
D
Legend
Legend
D
*L* ....

CAUSE HE CATCHES THE F’NG BALL!!!!!!!!

Dude ... in like 2 weeks ... I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE HIM MAKING PLAYS FOR US!!

thumbsup

V
Legend
Legend
V

Wow. School of vers much?

You get a kick out of making stuff up too, I take it?

I don't make "stuff" up. I am an honest poster. I argue strongly and might offend people, but I do NOT make stuff up.

Please stop spreading that misinformation.

DiamDawg #1474939 07/15/18 08:50 PM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I'm not the "problem" here. The problem here is that no one is allowed to have an opinion unless it coincides with the opinion of about 3-4 certain posters. If it doesn't, be prepared to be called names and ridiculed for such opinions.

Go back and read my post. I simply posted my point of view. It was actually a positive comment towards Jarvis with some questions, much like many here do with Baker.

The other poster I was conversing with about baker asked me to post links to support my post. I did. They were there for all to see and he says he's still waiting for proof. Really?!!? I gave 4 links to support my claims and he gave one and treats it as gospel.

The funny thing is no one wanted to have a meaningful football conversation about why I said what I did. Everyone just rushed to be the first person to call me stupid.

In Miami, the dolphins actually did better when Landry was targeted less. He averaged 6.1 yards per target which is kinda awful. Heck he's the first receiver in history to have 100+ catches and not reach 1000 yds. You can catch 2 yard passes all day long and never get a first down. And speaking of first downs, his catches for first down percentage is like 53%! Think about how bad that is!

And yet I'm ridiculed for questioning paying him like a top 5 receiver? Give me a break.

But, we obviously aren't paying him to be a top 5 receiver. And I would be shocked beyond belief if Landry is actually in Cleveland for his full contract term!

I believe there are 3-4 posters here who will just look at the name of the person who posted and find a way to disagree and start an argument just because...

Oh, and you're not getting "dragged into the 10 year old crap?!" Haha. You guys are the ones who dragged me in... kudos!

edit:

I've said my peace. I apologize to the board for this incessant BS. Im not going to make another post concerning this matter.

Last edited by devicedawg; 07/15/18 09:16 PM. Reason: My peace
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: ChargerDawg
I think the Browns will get more production out of Landry then they did out of Bowe and Britt combined.

Not exactly going out on a limb.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Another lie. Your links talked about Baker's overall strengths and did not address the false claims you made.

I am so sick of you calling me a liar when you are the one making things up.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
In Miami, the dolphins actually did better when Landry was targeted less. He averaged 6.1 yards per target which is kinda awful. Heck he's the first receiver in history to have 100+ catches and not reach 1000 yds. You can catch 2 yard passes all day long and never get a first down. And speaking of first downs, his catches for first down percentage is like 53%! Think about how bad that is!

I looked up his stats... https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/L/LandJa00.htm

2014 84 receptions 758 yds 9 y/r
2015 110 receptions 1157 yds 10.5 y/r
2016 94 receptions 1136 yds 12.1 y/r
2017 112 receptions 987 yds 8.8 y/r

total 400 receptions 4038 yds 10.1 y/r

that is yards per catch .. not yards per target

V
Legend
Legend
V
Ricardo Lewis probably beats him out. LOL

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg
I think the Browns will get more production out of Landry then they did out of Bowe and Britt combined.

haha i would say

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

haha i would say

If I could do it he can do it. I must have caught a dozen bags of peanuts in games that they played and I never dropped one beer.

V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

Getting back to catching the football. I am a bit buzzed, but let me try:

--look the ball all the way in.

--proper hand positioning. Triangle at the top. Fingers down and palms out on low passes, etc.

--catch the ball away from your body

--watch the tip, catch the fat part of the ball

--bring the ball into your body immediately.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
That was the way I was taught.

We called it making a diamond with our fingers though. Tips of index fingers and tips of thumbs touching. (flip the diamond so pinkies are touching on low passes or when you are catching over the shoulder.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DeputyDawg
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

haha i would say

If I could do it he can do it. I must have caught a dozen bags of peanuts in games that they played and I never dropped one beer.
brownie

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Ok.

Yards per reception... highest paid WR... top 15.

Antonio Brown - 13.5
Mike Evans - 14.8
DeAndre Hopkins - 14.2
Sammy Watkins - 15.9
Jarvis Landry - 10.1
AJ Green - 14.8
Davante Adams - 11.9
Julio Jones - 15.5
Demaryius Thomas - 13.8
Allen Robinson - 14.1
TY Hilton - 15.8
Alshon Jeffery - 14.8
Doug Baldwin - 13.4
Keenan Allen - 12.4
DeSean Jackson - 17.3

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Figuring in the number of catches .. first downs .. moving the ball .. and the fact we have not had a receiver who can hold onto the ball since 1999 .. I'm good with that. Everyone has a role to play.. I don't expect Jarvis to be Gordon .. or Gordon to be Jarvis.

V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

Bill Belichick and the rest of the NFL doesn't agree that Landry wasn't very good in Miami.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Of course he is good.

I think where some have a problem is what we are paying him. Me, I don't care. We have a boatload of money and it is up to them to figure out how to allocate the money.

We got a receiver who can help us win games. That is all I care about.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Legend
Legend
D
Dudes complaining cause he LED THE LEAGUE ON CATCHES but didn’t gain enough yards on those catches .... think about that ... not sure how to phrase this w/o offending him and my lawyers not in yet ... *LOL* .... seriously ... how can u “complain” about a guy that led the league in receptions cause he didn’t gain enough yards ...

Let me phrase that another way ... it may be more affective ...

He is “not happy” with the player that LED THE LEAGUE IN RECEPTIONS cause he didn’t gain enough yards with those receptions or get enough 1st downs ...

I’m pretty sure he doesn’t get to pick his route tree on any particualr play .... but i could be wrong ... naughtydevil ...

I’ve also seen him play a TON ... man makes people miss and always gets every inch he can once contact is made ...

WERE GONNA LOVE THIS DUDE!!!!!

DiamDawg #1475040 07/16/18 09:37 AM
V
Legend
Legend
V
Watch the video that I just posted. Here what BB says and then watch how Landry catches the ball. It's amazing!

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
j/c:

Bill Belichick and the rest of the NFL doesn't agree that Landry wasn't very good in Miami.

thumbsup

(Don’t let your head swell .. what i said in PM’s still stands ... this one falls under the “blind squirrel” category .... u just happend to find your nut at the absolute worst time for me .... *LOL* .... )

Ballpeen #1475042 07/16/18 09:41 AM
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
j/c

I too don't really care how much we paid him.

I'm very intrigued by how he will likely fit into our new offense though. Has he ever played with a combo of guys who can stretch the filed like Gordon with the mismatch of a guy like Njoku? I don't follow the Dolphins that closely, but his skill set appears to be exactly what we need...and he's very good at what he does.

He simply catches the ball and gets himself open. He's done that for his career. We need that...a lot. He should get more room to operate in an offense that has to account for guys who should be able to open things up.

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Jarvis Landry

Link Copied to Clipboard