Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
L
Legend
Legend
L
Furthermore we have plenty of cap space. We sign Dez as insurance, Josh comes back and we cut a deadweight WR.

Win, win.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Okay, we do not know...........but, why don't you say that when people talk like the "anxiety" issue is a fact? We don't know if that is true, either.

The dude has hosed two colleges and us countless times. Yet people are always defending him and getting on people who have doubts about him.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Complicated, isn't he?
And this situation.

I think Browns fans love his talent, as do coaches. If this guy were some bottom-feeder we wouldn't have cared had he been cut three years ago.

So there is that, but he's been in our lives - Browns fans lives - for so long he almost feels like a family member.
i hope it works out.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Negative, hate to be abrupt or rude, but those that want dez, are the same that wanted to start Manziel over Hoyer.

It’s just a bad decision

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
V
Legend
Legend
V
The following article makes me think that perhaps signing Dez might not be the best idea.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/dez-bryant-...-233125747.html

T
Rookie
Rookie
T
i actually think dez could be a big addition, in addition to teaching the young en's ..if the man had like almost 900 yards last year...gets open still..his greatness, while on decline physically, still leads to production...plus we got extra $...also a big te like option in the red zone...i really think a proven pro even though overpriced would..really kick us into high gear and would trickle down to our already great potential at wr

T
Rookie
Rookie
T
if you can gain 4 yards a play...only the clock can stop you!

C
Legend
Legend
C
I would to not sign Dez Bryant and figure out how to get Njoku the ball more.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
I would to not sign Dez Bryant and figure out how to get Njoku the ball more.

It's hard to teach professionals how to catch and run routes.

T
Rookie
Rookie
T
if you also have a defense,, no one can

T
Rookie
Rookie
T
if you also have a defense, no one can

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: tazolio
if you also have a defense,, no one can

Dude? I didn't get this the first time and I still don't get it.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Personally, I'd like to pass on Dez.

I was really hoping to sign Pryor or Jordan Matthews because of how unreliable Gordon is.

But Dez has a lot of baggage to bring this young team.
If he could learn to accept a role like Boldin and Steve Smith did, I could go with it.

But personally this I see Dez as a diva personality that isn't worth it.

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
j/c:

If the Browns are this interested in Dez, what does that say about Gordon's situation?
I get your point. I think the answer to your question could simply be; hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
Legend
Legend
I know gordon has left us in a bit of a pickle, but bryant doesn’t sound like such a sweet dill to me.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Well, catching the ball consistently has never been his bread and butter ..... though some might say that evaluation isn't kosher.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
I think our FO is really concerned about two things: 1. Gordon's strange situation and 2. Coleman's inability to improve

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
“i find your lack of faith disturbing”

there are no atheists in foxholes

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I assume with some of the wording looseness that JG may miss some games, possibly more than a couple. The need is apparently real. A TT to DB combination might work. But the sideshow he brings with him is still a real price to pay for the team. Almost deranged when he ratchets himself up.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
M
Legend
Legend
M
I hope the team just put this rumor out so Josh Gordon sees it and decides to come back soooner rather than later.

Tackles are tackles.
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Memp...I hope you are right, that the Browns possible interest in Dez is just being talked about to influence Gordon to return ASAP.

Not knowing what is going on is frustrating for me...at this point we are left to "guess".

Looking at all NFL headlines of Dez and his public fight with the Cowboys made me think..do we want this kind of player on the team?

... I hope not.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
mac #1479355 07/28/18 10:04 AM
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Ditto, remember how Johnny M. was so happy to get out of Cleveland and basked everyone but himself....denial. Please pass on him, he could be a cancer.....GO Browns!!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
I think our FO is really concerned about two things: 1. Gordon's strange situation and 2. Coleman's inability to improve

I think Coleman is pretty talented, he just can’t stay on the field.

Legend
Legend
I may be in the minority here, but I think that Dez could be a good add on a 1 year deal. (which is what he has said he wants) I think that his abilities fit well with Taylor's. He's not a deep burner, but that doesn't fit what Taylor does best anyway. We have a couple of guys with great speed, in Coleman and Callaway, and Landry isn't exactly slow, so maybe Dez can fill that possession receiver role. Also, we have speed at TE .... so having that WR who can work underneath could be a huge help.

He would have to earn his spot, of course, and would have to understand that we do have weapons here, and he would be one of several, not "the one".

I remember when TO went to Buffalo for a year. People expected the worst, but he was a good teammate, and played his butt off there. Everyone expected him to be a headcase, and a distraction, but he was anything but. Who knows, maybe Dez could help like that here.

I also think that it would be pretty funny to have him come here after having turned the Ravens down. wink

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I tend to agree with YTown that a one year deal is fine. Hue was a WR coach and Haley has dealt with big personalities before. Neither will put up with his crap. But, he will get coached harder than he was in Dallas. I just hope we aren't signing another Bowe or Britt who just suck the money and lazily do nothing.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
Okay, we do not know...........but, why don't you say that when people talk like the "anxiety" issue is a fact? We don't know if that is true, either.

The more I think about it, the more I believe he screwed up and bailed before he got caught. I don't want to believe it. I want to believe he is doing things right to get his life in order, but the timing of this whole thing stinks. He's ripped, he's working out, he's saying and doing all the right things, and suddenly he's too anxious to come to training camp? I have to wonder if the anxiety doesn't revolve around being tested.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
j/c

I'm firmly on the fence about Dez. I don't know what we'll get with him. I think he can still play. I don't think he fits here if he expects to be the featured receiver. He has to be willing to take the targets that come within the scheme of the offense. I don't know how his personality will impact the team, so I'm concerned.

I'm firmly on the fence about Josh Gordon. With the absence of facts there is a whole lot of space for speculation. I don't think Dorsey knows how this will all play out. He must look at all options even if they are not ideal. Dez isn't ideal but he might be the best option available.

P
Legend
Legend
P
After reading the Twitter exchange you posted it seems nothing is ever going to change with Dez. At any time in any game, we're one play away, one injury away from Baker taking the field. That's the point we certainly wouldn't want Dez on the field in the rookies ear.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
All Pro
All Pro
No! Not a good idea right now!

Exciting football will be back in Cleveland this fall!
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
J/C
I've thought about the Dez thing a little. On a one year deal he is likely the best option out there.

1) The way I look at it, the tweet from Dez was due to the long term corrosive relationship that developed in Dallas. None of that has anything to do with the Browns.
There are no old grudges here and his deal should be one year only. That's not enough time for him to get as sour on this organization. Also, he needs to show he can be a good teammate. I think for his future in the league he can hold it together for one season. I think there is enough veteran presence on the team that he would not be a disruption. Vets like Taylor, Landry, Kendricks, Collins, Zeitler and Hyde should be able to help.

2) He can still play. Haley should be able to show Dez that he can succeed in this offense by defining a specific role that will accentuate his best skills. Hopefully he is eager to shed the "cancer" reputation so if he is smart he will demonstrate he can be a team guy.

3) I think he could be effective between the 20's with slants and other quick routes. He and Landry can be interchangeable working underneath on intermediate routes. In the red zone he can be a real weapon especially if Tyrod can throw a better back shoulder fade than Dak.

4) Hopefully, Coleman or Callaway can threaten defenses vertically on a consistent basis so that there would be more room for Dez to work.

5) If Gordon comes back at some point things could really get interesting.

Legend
Legend
Jason La Canfora
‏
Verified account

@JasonLaCanfora
Following Following @JasonLaCanfora
More
Being around Browns camp for a day now, do not get the sense anything is cooking with them and Dez Bryant

#gmstrong
K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
At this point, I think gordon is finished. the kid has all kinda talent, but I don't think he can stay away from the nose candy (It isn't weed, no one gives up millions and repeatdly smokes weed like they are addicted to nose candy)

I wish Josh Gordon all the best, but I really think he is done. I think it will come out in a few weeks that he failed another drug test, and he should be lifetime banned at that point...he is just too stupid to get the message no matter how many times its sent.

As for Dez Bryant, we should sign him given a reasonable contract can be agreed upon. 30 is young for a WR, Dez could easily give us 3 years of 70 catch seasons. Most of his problems the last few years has been the Qb throwing him the ball rather then Dez himself. Sure he isn't the same guy he was in 2015, but he is better then any Wr on our rster bar Landry...it wouldn't hurt to take a flier on him, he can still get down the field and Taylor could get him the ball.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Based on what exactly?

The more things change the more they stay the same.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Pdawg
Jason La Canfora
‏
Verified account

@JasonLaCanfora
Following Following @JasonLaCanfora
More
Being around Browns camp for a day now, do not get the sense anything is cooking with them and Dez Bryant

For once I hope Jason LaCanfora is correct.

V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

Not sure where to put this and didn't want to start another thread, but......

New England just signed Eric Decker. Dude's been down the last couple of years, but I can see him doing well w/NE. He is tall and has skills. I wouldn't have minded him as a possible guy to bring for Josh.

Legend
Legend
Yeah, Decker is a pretty solid guy ... injuries have hurt him (and not having good QBs) ... he could do well for NE, especially without Edelman

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Decker is slow, but he runs good routes, if Dez ran routes like Eric then he would already be on a team.

BpG #1481872 08/03/18 12:01 PM
E
Legend
Legend
E
I could be wrong but Dez isn't that fast.

Why when a guy signs for another team he becomes a good option for us...lol laugh Where was the pimping prior to him being signed???

Injury Prone right now. Landry is clearly our Leader of the WR corp. The rest will be younger healthier and more talented than the oft injured Decker. Kid was great in his time but he is not the same guy. I do agree with you - he could prosper with Brady at QB. As much as I like TT he is no Brady.
Its amazing actually what the Pats have done with a very mediocre group at WR over the last decade with Brady at the helm. Only Moss was a great talent and look what the two were able to do! I think the Pats actually have missed the boat as they had one of the best ever at QB and didn't give him weapons and still they won how many Championships...actually an amazing feat.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
V
Legend
Legend
V
A couple of mentioned Decker when Gordon took off.

I also think that Brady has had weapons. Gronk is one of the biggest mismatches in the entire NFL. He changes the way teams scheme.

I think that guys like Wes Welker and Edeleman were/are very good WRs who displayed great hands, intelligence, toughness, ran great routes, etc

I think guys like Cooks and Hogan gave/give them deep threats. I think guys like Amendola, Troy Brown, Deion Branch were good receivers. And Moss is a HOFer.

That's not all that bad.

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
how about Brandon LaFell.the Bengals just released him
that must mean John Ross is moving up the charts.
LaFell is a sure handed WR and a good locker room guy.
not a burner but he still can produce as a 3rd option

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Dez Bryant Anyone?

Link Copied to Clipboard