Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
not a fan of cutting Meder or McKinnon

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
Legend
Legend
M
This is what happens from regime change to regime change. The FO is gonna normally keep people they bring in and there is no connection to the guys previously on the roster. There are a handful of guys I think we shouldn't of cut, but this is part of process when you shuffle in a new group. We'll see how they pan out and if the players cut make an impact elsewhere. I'm guessing a decent amount get picked up quickly.

Tackles are tackles.
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Agree with Memphis. Let’s hope it brings us wins because by bejesus we are deserved of some. Enough of this offseason shenanigan. Let us see the dragon!

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
people are forgetting you are 1 and 31 not because of excellant talent but because your talent is subpar.
your are starting players who shouldnt be starting.
why are the Pats Steelers Packers in the playoffs every year?
because they put starting calibur difference makers on the field each Sunday

V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
This is what happens from regime change to regime change.

I say the same thing all the time. The only difference is I catch grief for saying it. LOL

V
Legend
Legend
V
While most are talking about Meder, I am surprised that we cut both Orchard and Nassib. I thought one of the two would make it.

Maybe Davis is better? I really have no idea.

Legend
Legend
I want to be able to play for something after the BYE for a change. For us, BYE is like mathematically gone.

Just to be in the mix for awhile for a change, and then to have a chance.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
both were one move pass rushers in college.
once they got to.the NFL their inability to shed blocks and counter move were exposed.
Sashi saw the end numbers of Nassib Orchard and Coleman and bam.hey we are draft them..its like he took a Street and Smiths Draft guide or Athlons and that was his reference

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper
once they got to.the NFL their inability to shed blocks and counter move were exposed.
Sashi saw the end numbers of Nassib Orchard and Coleman and bam.hey we are draft them..its like he took a Street and Smiths Draft guide or Athlons and that was his reference

I just doubt Ifaedi could ever be better than Nassib not just from a technical point, but from an effort standpoint. I know Ifaedi pretty well, and have always rooted for him, but I think we fell a bit too in love with his physical abilities.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I think these cuts are more Dorsey wanting to own the roster than upgrading. Meder, Nassib, Drango, Reiter, McKinnon are all as good as or better than the talent replacing them and they were here for CAMP!

Now we have a handful of bubble backups that don't know the systems... real head scratcher for me. But I'm just a fan, not a "Football" guy so it is what it is. We'll have to see how it all plays out, but I think we cut some very solid backup players.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 09/02/18 06:41 PM.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Well, we were 0 and 16 w/those dudes.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I'll be interested if Nassib, Orchard, and Meder get picked up

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Well, we were 0 and 16 w/those dudes.

We're 1-31 under Hue and he's still here!

V
Legend
Legend
V
We were 1 and 31 because of the roster Sashi assembled and he isn't here.

O
Legend
Legend
O

Or the players were not well coached... Time will tell.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
Originally Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper

I just doubt Ifaedi could ever be better than Nassib not just from a technical point, but from an effort standpoint. I know Ifaedi pretty well, and have always rooted for him, but I think we fell a bit too in love with his physical abilities.

--Nassib and Orchard were known commodities on the backend of the roster in a crowded group to begin with.

--Ifaedi is an unknown, therefore another roll of the dice.

So whats the scoop on Ifaedi?

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
We as fans can have our opinions on guys like Meder or Nassib but you either believe in management or you don't.

It's not like management can't be wrong.

However, they know the players. They have seen them up close for months and years. We watch games.

They also study rosters. It is their job. Making cuts and signing guys are not decisions they take lightly.

When they cut guys and add they believe in their research.

So you either believe in their judgement or you don't.

Meder to me was a plugger. Played hard and to a degree over achieved.

Nassib and Orchard were marginal guys. They may get picked up. But if gone I expect the guys brought in to be improvements.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:
Meder, Nassib, Drango, Reiter, McKinnon are all as good as or better than the talent replacing them and they were here for CAMP!

just wondering how you know that? i never heard of these guys lol

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
Legend
Legend
What I wrote is a general statement not directed at anyone.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
My friend is a Raven fan (how are we friends?) and he says we'll love the Davis pickup FWIW

V
Legend
Legend
V
<<sigh>>

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
2018 Browns Practice Squad:

--WR Da’Mari Scott — The Browns cut Scott on Friday, but he has apparently signed on to stay with the team on their practice squad, per NFL Draft Diamonds.

--OG Kyle Kalis — Kalis was cut by the Washington Redskins this week. The Skins claimed him off waivers last December after he was released by the Colts. Born and raised in Lakewood, Ohio, Kalis was a consensus high school All American at St. Ed’s. If you remember, he initially committed to Ohio State before drawing a ton of heat when he decided to attend hated rival Michigan. Cleveland decided to find a practice squad role for the former Michigan Wolverine guard, per The Sport Capitol’s Ben Standing.

Note: Kalis is the only player not confirmed in the league’s transaction report from today.

--RB Dontrell Hilliard — Hilliard was also cut by the Browns this week. However, he did show some juice in preseason, and they decided to keep him to develop further as they are already content with their three active rushers, per the Houston Chronicle’s Aaron Wilson.

--DL Daniel Ekuale — Ekuale was injured early in training camp but played well in the time he was able to get on the field. He will be kept on the team’s practice squad, per NFL Draft Diamonds.

--DL Zaycoven Henderson — The Browns also released Zaycoven Henderson this week, but the undrafted rookie decided to stick with the team’s practice squad, per NFL Draft Diamonds.

--OT Christian DiLauro — Of the Browns’ backup linemen in camp, DiLauro figured to be the one who would stick around on the practice squad.

--S Montrel Meander — The lone defensive back to stick around so far.

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/9/2/17812944/updates-on-cleveland-browns-practice-squad-signings

Last edited by FL_Dawg; 09/02/18 10:04 PM.

[Linked Image]

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

<<<sigh>>>

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Ifeadi has always been a speed demon. He's a freak athlete and does a good job at bending on the edge and getting under linemen in general. He doesn't do a good job at handfighting and is slow to grasp new concepts. The Vikings moved him to DT this summer (His brother plays DT for the Hurricanes), and it seemed like he generated some pressures from that position. He will probably make a better edge rusher than Nassib, but he's far more liable to get gashed in the run game. I'm thinking this move just reflects the need for pass rushers teams need. I'm upset, but I'm glad Ifeadi is back in Ohio, I'm sure his parents are happy.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Glad we got Scott onto the PS

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
Ifeadi has always been a speed demon. He's a freak athlete and does a good job at bending on the edge and getting under linemen in general. He doesn't do a good job at handfighting and is slow to grasp new concepts. The Vikings moved him to DT this summer (His brother plays DT for the Hurricanes), and it seemed like he generated some pressures from that position. He will probably make a better edge rusher than Nassib, but he's far more liable to get gashed in the run game. I'm thinking this move just reflects the need for pass rushers teams need. I'm upset, but I'm glad Ifeadi is back in Ohio, I'm sure his parents are happy.

Ty, where does he play for us? DT or DE?

BTW ... I think it will be hard for him to achieve the 9 PD in two seasons, as Nassib gave us.

[Linked Image]

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
He'll probably play DE, but we might kick him to DT on pass rush situations, if he's good enough. I agree. I really liked Nassib's size. He wasn't the fastest or strongest, but he knew how to get in the way of people with his body.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

I like that we have Dontrell Hilliard on the PS too.

I like him on KO return.

[Linked Image]

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: FL_Dawg

I like him on KO return.
yeah, i was hoping we'd keep he or Dayes

V
Legend
Legend
V
I was hoping McKinnon would be signed to the PS.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I was hoping McKinnon would be signed to the PS.

He is still under waivers ... Until 2morrow

[Linked Image]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: FL_Dawg

I like him on KO return.
yeah, i was hoping we'd keep he or Dayes

I was thinking that Days might get picked up on waivers?

Last edited by FL_Dawg; 09/02/18 08:15 PM.

[Linked Image]

V
Legend
Legend
V
Does anyone know why Chad Thomas belongs on the roster over either Nassib or Orchard other than being drafted by Dorsey?

M
Legend
Legend
M
Does anyone know why Chad Thomas belongs on the roster over either Nassib or Orchard other than being drafted by Dorsey?

Nope.

Tackles are tackles.
V
Legend
Legend
V
I didn't think so. I thought he missed a bunch of time. Is that correct? I sure as hell didn't notice anything positive in the games.

This is why I hate how we always are firing people. We never stick w/developing guys. We are always in a state of flux.

And yeah, I know I never talk about that. LOL

O
Legend
Legend
O

I think Dorsey wants to own the roster bro. He'd rather roll the dice that he is a better talent evaluator than Sashi and company than stick with the status quo backups. I don't like all the moves but I don't get paid big money to make the decisions. From a fan standpoint I don't see the reasoning behind a lot of moves, that doesn't make them bad though.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

To warrent his high Draft status?

He did start to come on once he started to get reps in the preseason.

[Linked Image]

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg
#Browns have released backup center Austin Reiter

https://twitter.com/MaryKayCabot/status/1036287544583962624

Didn't see that coming. Does this mean Corbett will be our backup OC?

Yes, I think if Haley gets hurt, Corbett will be the offensive coordinator.

wink

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
V
Legend
Legend
V
LOL

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer