Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
Legend
Legend
T
Ever since the Browns cut Travis Benjamin, and Andrew Hawkins.

The Browns have cut their number 1 WR from the previous year every single time, often the top 2 receivers if you include the tight ends.

How can any team do this and expect to improve the winning percentage.

A coaching staff, I'd expect, would be raising some stink as to why this kind of thing goes on,

and why if the players had to go, why were the players brought in in the first place.

It's time for the coaching staff to say "hold on a minute".

Somebody ought to.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
If Taylor doesn't perform well today, I'd get the wide receivers together and start a strike\mutiny of not playing as a unit until Baker Mayfield starts.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
BDU Offline
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies
If Taylor doesn't perform well today, I'd get the wide receivers together and start a strike\mutiny of not playing as a unit until Baker Mayfield starts.

I forget where I saw it but someone tweeted last week that their team sources said the receivers and team in general support Tyrod 100%.

Anyone trying to get a strike/mutiny started would be out of football in a second. The last thing this team needs is a locker room cancer trying to get a raw rookie thrown into the deep end.

Damn. Can we literally just let him develop for more than five minutes? Surely we, more than any other team in the entire history of the NFL, have to be sick of putting rookie quarterbacks in horrible situations and failing to let them develop their skill set before stepping on the field. How many rookies do we need to watch struggle before logic becomes a virtue?

Yeah, that's what this team needs, a friggin' player-led mutiny of "Start the rookie or we'll refuse to play." That'll go well.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies

...because that would clearly help things.... boo

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
https://twitter.com/clevezirm/status/1041704407073796097

For people at work: That's a video of the Calloway end around

Playcalling is garbage and execution of playcalling is even worse. Why doesn't Fells block that DE? Why are we in a two TE offset formation from under center?

How is Duke Johnson an effective slot WR, but we're using other WRs to do sweeps?

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
https://twitter.com/clevezirm/status/1041704407073796097

For people at work: That's a video of the Calloway end around

Playcalling is garbage and execution of playcalling is even worse. Why doesn't Fells block that DE? Why are we in a two TE offset formation from under center?

How is Duke Johnson an effective slot WR, but we're using other WRs to do sweeps?
valid points, good job bringing that clip up...looked very odd set up, then lackadaisical execution.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
I was yelling at the TV for him to throw it away. Awareness of a rookie.

Legend
Legend
Well, it isn't like they were using them much, or even well for that matter for the most part. But, we see some production lately. How we seem to be using (or failing to use) these guys has confused me.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
during the browns 19 game winless streak, 9 of those games were decided by 6 points or fewer.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: WSU Willie
I was yelling at the TV for him to throw it away. Awareness of a rookie.

Exactly what I was shouting. Way outside the tackle box, just toss it over the bench.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I'll help you. It means that:

--Hue Jackson is the head coach.

--Callaway isn't quite ready for that responsibility.

--You and the other haters have a new reason to bash Hue.

That's how I read it.. odds of running one back are very slim.. need a guy who you are at least comfortable is going to catch the ball and make the smart play..

yebat' Putin
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
You can tell that many haven't played football. They act like disputes between coaches is a novel thing. rofl

Disputes between the coaches isn't an issue. They can be quite healthy, in fact.

Now when the assistant coaches are almost always right and the head coach is almost always wrong, that's a problem.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: Swish
during the browns 19 game winless streak, 9 of those games were decided by 6 points or fewer.

Let the record speak for itself.

It has been zero days since the Browns have cut a veteran player off their starters.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
well looks to me hue was right.. gordon should have not started and should have been on limit snaps.. our oc made a ass of himselfe having him play so much

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: pblack18707
well looks to me hue was right.. gordon should have not started and should have been on limit snaps.. our oc made a ass of himselfe having him play so much

I don't see it that way. Heck, Hue could have cut him last year.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
BDU Offline
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

I think the difference this year is the additions of Landry and Callaway, and the emergence of Higgins.

All three of them had some really nice moments against the Saints, which bodes well for the coaches. The only concern now is injury. We're definitely a little thin.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

i dont think so.. brown was in charge

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
P
Legend
Legend
P
Sashi was in charge of the roster and that was made public. But people never let facts get in the way when it comes to making up reasons to blame Hue.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Sashi was in charge of the roster and that was made public. But people never let facts get in the way when it comes to making up reasons to blame Hue.

Yep, It was also made public when Hue said in a press conference that it was his job to find us a QB and also said in press conference when Sashi was hired that the draft would be a team effort between the scouting dept. and the coaching staff and that Sashi would only step in when the two disagreed yet Sashi gets all the blame on passing up Wentz and the draft failures.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm not going to get into a peeing match with you. Yet I refuse to ignore the evidence. Hue is here. Sashi is gone. There are reasons for that.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
PROBLEM Hue Jackson 1-32-1 thumbsdown

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I'm not going to get into a peeing match with you. Yet I refuse to ignore the evidence. Hue is here. Sashi is gone. There are reasons for that.

Are you suggesting Haslam made a mistake?

P
Legend
Legend
P
Quite the opposite actually. But you already knew that.

#gmstrong
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Hue was the third head coach the Haslams hired, and their fourth head coach overall (Pat Shurmur was already here when the Haslams bought the team.)

I'm curious to know what you have seen to think that Hue Jackson is the one they actually got right. What I've seen is that he is inept and over his head. It's not like the Haslams are executing this grand strategy where everything they do turns out brilliantly and us simpletons can't understand it. No. Look at their record since they bought the team in 2012.

Look what happened at Pilot Flying J under Jimmy's glorious leadership.

Hue was supposed to be a QB whisperer, and told us to "trust him" on Cody Kessler. He fell in love with RG3. He made DeShone Kizer the starter and repeatedly yanked him and re-insterted him back into the starting lineup. Yet the very next year, he won't even consider allowing Baker Mayfield to play.. not even if he gave us the best chance to win. (I'm not so much advocating for Baker to play as I wonder what Hue's thought process is as there doesn't seem to be much consistency.)

We thought so highly of his offense that we brought in an actual offensive coordinator and put him fully in charge of, something I can't actually think of happening to a head coach whose expertise lies on the same side of the ball.

He's supposed to be the head guy, an executive of coaching of sorts. The problem is you have to have good ideas for this to even begin to make sense, but everything Hue touches falls apart. The not getting players into a rhythm, the moving Bitonio to LT and back, on and on it goes. We have a dominant defense and +6 turnover differential, by far the best in the league, and he still can't coach the team to a win.

Even a replacement level team-- that is a team full of street free agents signed for minimum salary-- would be overwhelmingly likely to outperform the Browns the last two seasons. I understand the Browns talent level in 2016-2017 wasn't what it needed to be but they were still far better than replacement level.

Hue got a great contract (I think it was 5-6 years, in the mold of what Kyle Shanahan got from SF) and the Haslams weren't ready to eat it after year 2. Had he gotten a typical 3 year, ~10 million dollar contract that many unproven coaches get, he'd have been fired no later than the Monday after the 2017 regular season ended.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I guess you aren't watching this year. I don't feel anyone thinks he's a "great coach". I think those with just a little common sense can see that he hasn't had a roster that could compete in the NFL until this year.

I think everyone deserves a fair shot and this year he has some talent to work with. I'm going to see what he can do with that talent and form my opinion based on that.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
I want hue to have the whole year, actually.

But dang..........he didn't even know his kicker was supposedly injured?

He didn't know Josh was starting week 1, when he said over and over Josh wasn't starting week 1?

I mean - come on. Maybe people don't report to him like they should? I don't know.......

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg

As others have said, my guess is this was the team doing Gonzalez a solid or, more likely, his representation putting an excuse out there so he can hopefully get another shot somewhere down the road. Hue Jackson knows his job is on the line this season, I don't think he would run knowingly run an injured kicker out there in make or break situations.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I guess you aren't watching this year. I don't feel anyone thinks he's a "great coach". I think those with just a little common sense can see that he hasn't had a roster that could compete in the NFL until this year.

I think everyone deserves a fair shot and this year he has some talent to work with. I'm going to see what he can do with that talent and form my opinion based on that.

Ok, sure. I like where we're going with this. I'm a "show me" guy, I'm rooting for him (well I root for the Browns but you know what I mean), and there's no sense in making a coaching change now. So he gets the year.

I see a team with two capable quarterbacks, quite a few good linemen, three capable backs, and the best slot receiver in football. Several other offensive weapons with high upside, but low experience.

The defense is honestly pretty stacked. They've had excellent performances against two high powered offenses and are deep on the line and in the secondary. I think we're at 8 takeaways on the season.

This, to me, is a playoff team. Or at least it is a playoff team with good coaching. Look at the Bills last season or some fringe playoff team-- I don't see the talent there that I do here.

With that being said, I'm willing to give the guy a fair shot. However, that is relative to what the team is capable of and not the coach's extremely poor performance in previous years.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:
I think those with just a little common sense can see that he hasn't had a roster that could compete in the NFL until this year.

And here I thought those with common sense can see that we should have won a handful of games. Winning isn't easy, but not impossible, however if you continue to put yourself at a disadvantage it becomes extremely difficult.

Someone here keeps saying a losing culture is difficult to change... and yet we kept Hue (who has the worst 2 year stretch in the history of the NFL) which makes it even more difficult, right?

I'm not saying to fire him. Never really did. I would love for him to turn it around and become a winner. I am saying, however, that he's part of the problem, but everyone keeps wanting to give him a free pass because we presumably had poor talent.

Not saying we are going 0-15-1 this year, but we have a QB that took a team to the playoffs a year ago, a defense that is presumably much better than the one said quarterback had when he went to the playoffs, yet we are off to yet another winless start.

Again, I'm just saying... not arguing. We all know Sashi was fired because he wasn't a football guy. That's not hard to figure out.

Anyway, I'm pretty much selling the farm that we will win thursday, we have to. This is absolutely a must win for Hue, although the tie might help his cause because we will never be 0-3. We have to win, but if we don't... eh, nevermind, it's not Hue's fault. Just blame the talent, or the lack of cohesion, or the wind...

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
well, dang!!! to think they could have hired chs as our our coordinator and instead hired an inexperienced hillbilly like Haley. another bad hire by the browns!!! lol

V
Legend
Legend
V
Pit, I get that it sucks when these guys start w/their BS, but maybe we should just ignore them? Maybe make one comment, but to get in a back-and-forth w/them is what they want.

They would rather that Hue be fired than to see the team succeed. How do you try and reason w/people like that? You can't.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

As others have said, my guess is this was the team doing Gonzalez a solid or, more likely, his representation putting an excuse out there so he can hopefully get another shot somewhere down the road. Hue Jackson knows his job is on the line this season, I don't think he would run knowingly run an injured kicker out there in make or break situations.

If the team did Gonzo a solid and Hue wasn't even in on it, that is more telling than anything.

L
Legend
Legend
L
I doubt the team did him a favour, nor should they have. it would not get him another job even if they did.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
B
Legend
Legend
B

Sashi has been gone for a good while.

Start to focus on the head coach.

That is my opinion.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
Start? rofl

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Pit, I get that it sucks when these guys start w/their BS, but maybe we should just ignore them? Maybe make one comment, but to get in a back-and-forth w/them is what they want.

They would rather that Hue be fired than to see the team succeed. How do you try and reason w/people like that? You can't.

When Hue is fired I wonder if "these guys" will receive an apology from the Hue backers?

I also don't recall anyone saying they'd rather see Hue fired than win a game. I'm unsure why you constantly choose to make stuff up...

S
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
S
Originally Posted By: devicedawg

When Hue is fired I wonder if "these guys" will receive an apology from the Hue backers?

I also don't recall anyone saying they'd rather see Hue fired than win a game. I'm unsure why you constantly choose to make stuff up...

Why would they be owed an apology if Hue is fired? All they are saying is to see how it goes this year since there is more talent on the team.

S
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
S
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

To me he seemed ok. He wasn't in any apparent discomfort after he kicks, and he seemed to have plenty of length to his kicks, especially since that last one was over 50 yards. It just looked like the pressure got to him once he missed the first extra point.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Your comment seems to suggests that "these guys" are asking for Hue to be fired now. Not the case. And the Pro Hue guys in this thread are not saying give him a year, they're saying it's asinine for anyone to question a head coach with a 1-32-1 record. They don't believe Hue's coaching has cost us any wins.

2nd String
2nd String
This team is so upside down. Finally, the defense is starting to click and keep us in ball games even in all of its youth. The offense though couldnt find the end zone or uprights if the field was 10 yards long with poor execution and poor play calling. How long do you expect the defense to give their all if all their effort gets them at the end of the day is a loss. Guys arent going to play their guts out if all the team is doing is bowling for draft picks again. And if that isnt the reason then this has to be the most incompetent coaching staff and Gm in all of football. These players are tired of being losers. They know they are better than their record shows. And they are!

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Problem With The Coaching Staff.

Link Copied to Clipboard