Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
Is it just me or does anyone else have a hard time dealing with the fact that these teams have no issues and will pickup these freeloading slackers while they boycott a known NFL caliber QB because his stance on equality for all?

You mean cuz Kap would suddenly sit on a practice squad when he previously demanded to be a starter?

Or wait, you must mean cuz Kap is in the same universe, talent wise, as Josh Gordon.

Yeah, come to think of it, I have NO hard time dealing with it.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
E
Legend
Legend
E
Coleman was inactive in that many games in 2017??? I guess so if they are able to get him on the practice squad. Of course any team can steal him if they are hurting for WR.

Pats like our talent as they invest not so much for guys like Shelton, Mingo, Gordon and others. Considering they screwed us with JG but in the end it was a blessing. Mayfield will be a great QB. Can't wait for the era to commence.

If those 2 cannot make it with the Pats..then they will be out of football soon. We all know Josh is a Doobie away from Suspension.

jmho Is this the beginning of the fall of ROME?

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
All Pro
All Pro
4 of the 10 practice squad players are permitted to have 2 accrued NFL seasons (6 games on an active roster).

It's one of the weird changes from when they expanded the practice squad a couple years ago.

People ask me what I do in spring when there's no football. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for fall
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: RedBaron
4 of the 10 practice squad players are permitted to have 2 accrued NFL seasons (6 games on an active roster).

It's one of the weird changes from when they expanded the practice squad a couple years ago.

Thank you, I didn't know that.

Legend
Legend
Thanks. I knew there had been PS changes, but I didn't know that. Odd little wrinkle that.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
Thanks. I knew there had been PS changes, but I didn't know that. Odd little wrinkle that.

It just gives young veterans another chance at an NFL career.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
Is it just me or does anyone else have a hard time dealing with the fact that these teams have no issues and will pickup these freeloading slackers while they boycott a known NFL caliber QB because his stance on equality for all?

If BB thought Kap would give him an edge, I have no doubts that he'd be a Pat.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Crazy to me how some in the media are looking at Gordon and the Pats.

Here is a strong dose of hypocrisy. Hypocrisy by the Browns, Gordon and other teams.

"We care about Josh the person". Lie. The Browns don't care about Josh the person and neither do the other teams including the Pats. They care about Josh's talent. They want to win games and that is ok. Just don't sugarcoat it with the garbage about Josh the person.

Gordon has been enabled by many but he deceived many as well. If he loved his teammates or cared about the organization he would have done more for them. He didn't think that much about them when he skipped training camp.

What has he done do take care of his children? What sacrifices has Gordon made for anyone other than himself?

If Gordon was motivated by caring for those around him and the people who have tried to help him. He would have not done the things he has done.

NFL football is about money. That is just the way it is.

Players will come and go. When you are used up; you are let go.

I don't want to hear the crap about "we are a family" and "we we care about so and so the man".

Football is a business and the business is about winning games. No different than your employer is about profit.

So Gordon is now a Patriot. He will be there as long he can contribute to winning when or if he can not; he will be told to leave the premises.

Last edited by bonefish; 09/20/18 11:43 AM.
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Went back to watch the Pitt game (I was in the stadium) more closely. Gordon wasn’t getting a lot of separation, even Joe Haden was all over him on deep routes. Even on his TD catch he was covered like a blanket.

Legend
Legend
Josh Gordon expected to be disciplined after reportedly getting in trouble with Patriots

After just six weeks in New England, it looks like Josh Gordon might have already found his way into Bill Belichick's doghouse.

According to NFL.com, Gordon got in trouble with the team this week due to tardiness issues and the team has decided to discipline him by benching him for the first part of the Patriots' Monday night game in Buffalo. Gordon is expected to spend the first few offensive possessions on the bench and could end up missing the entire first quarter, depending on how many times the Patriots have the ball. After the punishment is over, Gordon is expected to return to the game and play his usual amount of snaps.

As for the issue that led to his punishment, Gordon was late to show up at Gillette Stadium on Sunday when the Patriots were getting ready to leave for Buffalo, according to the Athletic.

More in the article.

Anybody still think we were morons to jettison this guy? After all of the chances he's gotten, he can't be on time for Tom and the freaking Patriots.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Loser

V
Legend
Legend
V
Surprising news.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Surprising news.

What's left to think here? A life basically wasted. It's sad but hard to remain caring at the same time. Imagine if he had someone like Josh Cribbs desire to succeed. Hard to wrap your head around what goes on in this guys mind.

Legend
Legend
You should hear the NFL network downplaying this.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
V
Legend
Legend
V
That's even more surprising.

D
Legend
Legend
D
OH NOES! THEY ARE HOLDING HIM OUT OF THE FIRST TWO POSSESSIONS!

P
Legend
Legend
P
Only the beginning for JG in NE ... willynilly

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
He wont make it thru the season.

Joe Thomas #73
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Showing up late for meetings is what NFL network reported. no way!

Legend
Legend
color me surprised

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
No problem. He will probably will be late getting to the game anyway.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
and in other news.. the sun rose today.

Last edited by superbowldogg; 10/29/18 07:55 PM.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Fake news. Fake news everywhere.

No Craps Given
A
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
A
Josh was enabled by the Browns for many years into developing this bad habit of not showing up on time for meetings, practices, flights out of town, etc. It was all part of the Browns pathetic losing culture.

Coaches before Hue let Josh get away with this crap. Hue let Josh get away with this crap. Hue's refusal to discipline players and hold them accountable is part of the reason he was and always will be mediocre coach, same as Josh's previous head coaches.

But now, Josh is playing for Bill Bellichick who is very strict about player discipline and accountability. For the first time in his life, Josh Gordon is being held to a high standard of behavior as a player. When he screws up, he is actually punished. Shock! shocked

It will be interesting to see how Josh responds. He could embrace this new ethos and thereby thrive, as both a player and a person.

But I suspect he will grow weary of Bellichick's rigorous discipline. He will either intentionally screw up enough to get cut, or he will leave the Patriots in free agency and go play for a nice, comfy, soft player's coach.

Maybe Hue will be the head coach for the Bengals by then. That would be a suitable landing spot for Josh.

V
Legend
Legend
V
It will get very, very interesting if Hue gets the Bengals job next season.

2nd String
2nd String
Very cloudy, his future is. Weak with this one, the force is. Hmmmmmm.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Nobody is hiring Hue to be a HC ever again..... heck I think it’s 50/50 if he gets an OC job. A ton of stuff coming out from national guys and local guys about how toxic it was here. Teams not owned by Haslem don’t want that in their building.

Against logic,the most effective armor is willful ignorance.
V
Legend
Legend
V
We'll see...

B
Legend
Legend
B
So are you going to become a Bengals fan? I doubt it.

Hue is gone. Should have been before this season, but you and the Haslams wanted to give him a last shot......ok, cool, one more shot....I am for giving a last shot.

It didn't work. I wish Hue the best and success in whatever position he gains, be it football or otherwise.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
A
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
A
It will get very, very interesting if Hue gets the Bengals job next season.

Yes, it would.

Mike Brown, after a few decades of floundering, has turned into a pretty respectable GM. Nowadays, the Bengals have pretty good talent on the roster most seasons.

The Bengals downfall is Marvin Lewis, who is always guaranteed to produce a stupid team. He lets the thugs run wild and somebody always makes a boneheaded play in high pressure situations, like playoff games.

If Hue replaces Marvin, I think some of the worst stupidity would ease off, such as fewer penalties over the season. But the thugs would still run loose. Since Hue didn't have the sense or the guts to discipline Josh Gordon, there's no way he could keep somebody like Vontaze Burfict in check.

The Browns-Bengals rivalry would get a shot in the arm, but I don't see the Bengals getting much better than they are now with Hue newly in charge.

A
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
A
Originally Posted By: BigWillieStyle
Nobody is hiring Hue to be a HC ever again..... heck I think it’s 50/50 if he gets an OC job. A ton of stuff coming out from national guys and local guys about how toxic it was here. Teams not owned by Haslem don’t want that in their building.

But a team owned by a dummy like Mike Brown does.

Hue is very popular in Cincinnati. They love him down there. Hue was slated to be the successor to Marvin Lewis. I think Mike Brown would be delighted to bring Hue back home.

And, like Versatile said, it would be very interesting. Once and for all, we would find out just what Hue could do with a fully talented roster. The argument would at last be over.

V
Legend
Legend
V
There were rumors last year that the Bengals were going to fire Marvin and hire Hue if the Browns fired Hue.

The Bengals are playing well this year, so I don't know if Marvin is still on the hot seat, but the folks in Cinci really, really liked Hue and wanted him to be their HC.

I don't think it is as far-fetched as some believe.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:

And, like Versatile said, it would be very interesting. Once and for all, we would find out just what Hue could do with a fully talented roster. The argument would at last be over.

The greatest part of Hue coaching in Cinci would be about a half-dozen or so posters simultaneously crapping their pants. rofl

A
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
A
Quote:

The greatest part of Hue coaching in Cinci would be about a half-dozen or so posters simultaneously crapping their pants. rofl

Eh. Sucks to be a Hue Hater.

Me? I'm a Hue Rationalist - the guy's mediocre at best. And I don't blame Hue for Browns suckage, I blame the Haslams.

I hope Hue enjoys an easy year or two off with his family and then goes to coach the Bengals for years to come. He'll enjoy the low pressure environment and relaxed standards.

Suffering from a brain fart, I would also venture to say that the Browns would stomp on the Bengals far more often than they do now. But then I clear my head, remembering who owns the Browns, and I lose my silly, delusional hopes.

A
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
A
Originally Posted By: AaigSuckinDawg
Josh was enabled by the Browns for many years into developing this bad habit of not showing up on time for meetings, practices, flights out of town, etc. It was all part of the Browns pathetic losing culture.

Coaches before Hue let Josh get away with this crap. Hue let Josh get away with this crap. Hue's refusal to discipline players and hold them accountable is part of the reason he was and always will be mediocre coach, same as Josh's previous head coaches.

But now, Josh is playing for Bill Bellichick who is very strict about player discipline and accountability. For the first time in his life, Josh Gordon is being held to a high standard of behavior as a player. When he screws up, he is actually punished. Shock! shocked

It will be interesting to see how Josh responds. He could embrace this new ethos and thereby thrive, as both a player and a person.

But I suspect he will grow weary of Bellichick's rigorous discipline. He will either intentionally screw up enough to get cut, or he will leave the Patriots in free agency and go play for a nice, comfy, soft player's coach.

Maybe Hue will be the head coach for the Bengals by then. That would be a suitable landing spot for Josh.

Say it ain't so, Bill! Say it ain't so!

Bill Bellichick went all soft and gooey and rescinded Josh's well deserved punishment.

Josh Gordon started the game and has played every possession so far.

Sigh.... forget everything I just said about the Josh getting checked and corrected by the Patriots organization. I don't know how Josh did it, but he turned the mighty stone golem Bellichick into a soft, fuzzy, care bear.

Geeze, Bellichick's getting old and senile. Maybe he should retire before Brady does. smile

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Quote:

I will donate yearly to any charity, if the NFL would allow hue to simultanously coach the steelers, ravens, adn bengals next year, or the year after. In fact, i might start an change.org petition to allow this to happen. It would most certainly guarantee us a division title. great idea!

Legend
Legend

Reporter:
Is there any problem with you and tardiness?

Josh Gordon:
You know what, that's gonna be a question you'll have to ask coach about. As it relates to the game... I was available, so, that's a plus.

We get it Josh, you'll show up when you want to and people should feel lucky that you're on the field. So, were you late and it shouldn't matter or is BB lying?

Availability thru eight weeks = 18 for 237

Rock on dude.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: AaigSuckinDawg
[
Eh. Sucks to be a Hue Hater.

Some of us are just Bengal haters. I think they should just stick with Marvin. Why change things now?

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
Legend
Legend
All the attention and none of the discipline. JG rules!

Just starting a horror show over IMO. I was certainly taken aback by the tardiness . . . .

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Josh Gordon Continued....

Link Copied to Clipboard