Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted By: AaigSuckinDawg
Originally Posted By: BigWillieStyle
Nobody is hiring Hue to be a HC ever again..... heck I think it’s 50/50 if he gets an OC job. A ton of stuff coming out from national guys and local guys about how toxic it was here. Teams not owned by Haslem don’t want that in their building.

But a team owned by a dummy like Mike Brown does.

Hue is very popular in Cincinnati. They love him down there. Hue was slated to be the successor to Marvin Lewis. I think Mike Brown would be delighted to bring Hue back home.

And, like Versatile said, it would be very interesting. Once and for all, we would find out just what Hue could do with a fully talented roster. The argument would at last be over.

No he is not, you are just making stuff up to make a point.

Nobody likes Hue, except buses...

P
Legend
Legend
P
Pot meet kettle?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D
It made me wanna puke watching him get congratulated by the hoodie ... he never does that ..

I wish Josh well ... no ill will ... just BUMMED is all ....

And now ... to top it off ... Kendricks will be play8ng again in the next few weeks ....

OH VAY ...

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
j/c

Sometimes you just have to let go and accept that it wasn't going to work out with a player. Josh did not want to be here. He had a long history of suspensions and various off-field and team related incidents. It appeared he was faking an injury and had used his recovery status as a way to get out of team functions.

What can you do with a guy like that? Just ship him off for whatever you can get and find some players who are committed to the team and want to win.

It's a good lesson for the Browns in that people should be held accountable-- even really talented ones with unique skillsets. Otherwise you are not doing a favor to the team or the player. When you build a team, you want to build a good culture and atmosphere, and having different sets of rules for different players doesn't really fit in with that.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Hue and John screwed that one up....

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
It's on Dorsey. He has final say over the roster and he pulled the trigger even if Hue got to put his 2 cents worth in.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
It made me wanna puke watching him get congratulated by the hoodie ... he never does that ..

And now ... to top it off ... Kendricks will be play8ng again in the next few weeks ....

OH VAY ...

Kendrycks will be back for the Hawks week 14 game.

That would not be what a young team would need. We need to figure out who can play on this team, and who can not .....instead of who can play for 3 or 4 weeks.

Gordon needed to be dealt. he should have been dealt long, long ago. Not only has he been of no value here, he really has been a waste here. He has taken up a roster spot that another player could have had, and he has given false hope that the receiver corps could be so much better, if only he could pull his head out of his butt.

As I said earlier, sometimes a guy has to be traded for next to nothing to finally decide to make a commitment to his chosen profession. Let's also not forget that Gordon has only played 1 season in his entire career in which he has not been suspended for drugs. It is always a risk with him. What if we had counted on him, only to have him be suspended again?

I would add that the Pats have a veteran locker room that can enforce rules, and just in their WR room, they have 32 year old Julian Edleman, and 31 year old Chris Hogan. They have experienced veterans to show a guy, prone to wandering off the trail, the way. They have tons of other veterans as well who can show a wayward soul the truth of playing in the NFL. Will it all work, or will Gordon screw up yet again? I hope he stays on the straight and narrow, for his kids' sake as much as anyone's. We'll see though.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
20 years from now I wonder if the talk will be about Josh as it has been about Bill... Somethings never die.

D
Legend
Legend
D
I got no problems with Josh ... its a shame but it had to happen ...

Kendricks will be playing for 8 weeks not 3 or 4 ....

And even if he played just the first 4 ... what were we after 4 games .. 1 - 2 - 1 ...

The stilers tie ... the aints game we led the entire game til the last minute and we missed a last ditch long butt fg to tie it ..... and the faiders OT hose job .....

Maybe were 4 - 0 after 4 games instead ... thats a BIG SWING ... and witch LBer’s did we need to find out if they could play ...

Collins ... Kirksey ... Shobert ... Burgess .... who else is there ... who was it exactly ...

Kendricks would have started the first 4 ... and we sure as heck could use him for the last 4 ... he may be the only healthy LBer then ... *L* ...

You’ll NEVER convince me letting Kendricks go wasn’t BULLCRUD!!!!

Oh well ,,... moving on ...

Another potent O awaits ... OH VAY ...

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg

That sums it up for me. Made worse by our rookie QB desperate for a quality WR to throw the ball to.... But bottom line I hope JG sorts his life out and finds a way to control and keep his demons in check.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
O
Legend
Legend
O
I feel your pain re: Kendricks, but it's hard to pile on Dorsey too much for that one. Dude was picking out his cell for the next decade+.

If there is ever a time to empathize with a knee-jerk reaction, it's this one.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
BDU Offline
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
J/C

The Gordon reactions frustrated me because EVERYONE wanted him gone. There was only handful of people willing to continue the Gordon experiment.

Now the team is dumb for moving on? Hell, I'm fresh off getting banned because I dropped the big, naughty "s word" when saying it was inappropriate for a certain poster (No points for guessing who) to be making comments about Gordon's children - and nobody else seemed to give a damn because it was Josh Gordon.

That was Gordon's legacy in Cleveland. Everyone was sick of him. What we're seeing isn't anything new. We knew as recently as last season that Gordon remained a tremendous receiver. The only question was if he could stay on the field or not.

We gave him so long to get it together. It's just our luck that our patience wears thin the moment he actually gets it together. But you can't doubt the Browns willingness to support Gordon and persevere with him. It's unlikely any other team would have given him this long.

It's fair to lament the Browns refusing to go down with the ship, but this wasn't so half-baked plan. Josh Gordon's legacy, no matter what he does from here out, will be that the majority of it was with a Cleveland Browns team waiting for him to grow up.

Can't really fault our team here.

L
Legend
Legend
L
I was always of the mind that if and when Gordon got it together it should be with the browns..he owed us that much and the browns already waited years, multiple suspensions and failed drug tests and partying, yet being 5 minutes late for a meeting is a deal breaker? Come on. its not like his contract was detrimental. He was still on rookie contract. If you were going to trade him, you simply hold on to him to deadline and maximize your value. I absolutely believe we could have received ALOT better than we got. Thats a black eye on Dorsey.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
I was always of the mind that if and when Gordon got it together it should be with the browns..he owed us that much and the browns already waited years, multiple suspensions and failed drug tests and partying, yet being 5 minutes late for a meeting is a deal breaker? Come on. its not like his contract was detrimental. He was still on rookie contract. If you were going to trade him, you simply hold on to him to deadline and maximize your value. I absolutely believe we could have received ALOT better than we got. Thats a black eye on Dorsey.

He doesn't owe us anything... that's just the nature of professional sports and free agency. After I pick that nit, I agree with you wholeheartedly, or at least the basis of your post.

Josh Gordon, once he got his stuff together, should've reaped the benefits of such with us. Not because he owed us anything, but because it didn't make a whole lot of sense for us to move on from him while he was so cheap. As long as he didn't accrue seasons, he could sit and rot on our roster with little to no consequences to the team. It was a logical decision on the part of the Browns.

Fast forward to this past offseason, and I think 2 things lined up to see him shipped out of town.

1. He got caught up in a housecleaning. Remember, this was the same offseason that saw Coleman shipped out for PEANUTS. Honestly, the Coleman move was more shocking than the Gordon move, given the compensation and Coleman's age. We found cancers in our WR room, and we cut it all out.

2. I think Dorsey knew that Gordon was goofing around on the Browns. Dorsey seems, to me, like a guy that has absolutely 0 tolerance for guys trying to clown on him, and I think that's what Gordon was doing with the mystery hamstring injury. I know the thing that REALLY stuck in my craw was that Gordon was out with the hammy, got traded, and said he was good to go for that very same game (except for the Patriots). He didn't play, but he said he was good to go. That tells me that he was playing games with the Browns, and Dorsey put his foot down.
That's vividly in my memory, as when I read that I immediately jumped on here and posted in anger. Other than guys like James Harrison, Burfict and ones of their ilk, I don't think I've wished injury on anybody other than Gordon in that moment.

3. (I know I only said I had 2 points)... I think another thing that helped/helps Dorsey sleep at night over Gordon for a 5th is the fact that Gordon's 2nd contract is no longer something he has to look forward to.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/josh-...health-reasons/

Josh Gordon announces that he is stepping away from the Patriots for mental health reasons
Gordon has played well since being traded to the Patriots but will now be out for an undetermined amount of time

Jared Dubin
9m ago • 1 min read

The New England Patriots will be playing without Josh Gordon for a while. Gordon announced on Thursday morning that he has decided to step away from the team in order to focus on his mental health.

"I take my mental health very seriously at this point to ensure I remain able to perform at the highest level," Gordon wrote. "I have recently felt like I could have a better grasp on things mentally. With that said, I will be stepping away from the football field for a bit to focus on my mental health. I would like to thank Coach Belichick, Mr. Kraft, as well as countless others within the Patriots organization for their continued support. I want to thank my fans for their support as well as I continue down the path getting back to 100%."

It marks the second time during the 2018 season that Gordon has announced an intention to take time away for mental health reasons. He did the same thing while in training camp with the Browns, though he ultimately returned to the team soon after.

Gordon was traded to the Patriots earlier this season in exchange for a late-round draft pick. In 11 games with the team, he has caught 40 passes for 720 yards and three touchdowns, emerging as a valuable downfield threat for Tom Brady while also apparently becoming a "reliable" player and person, according to teammate Rob Gronkowski.

According to a report from NFL Network's Tom Pelissero, however, Gordon is facing another suspension for violating the terms of his reinstatement under the NFL's substance abuse policy.

Gordon has obviously been very open about his struggles with addiction, including the fact that he used to play games and practice while high and/or drunk while he was in Cleveland. He was suspended for violating the substance abuse policy on several occasions, and also by the Browns themselves for violating team rules. He applied for and was granted a conditional reinstatement late last year.

Last edited by Jester; 12/20/18 11:05 AM.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Glad he is someone else's problem.

C
Legend
Legend
C
This is sad.

Legend
Legend
just can't get over his demons. such a sad story honestly

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
It's sad but not unexpected. As another poster stated I'm glad it's not our problem. We were right to trade him. I doubt the Pats will have the patience with him that we had.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Its not that sad. The cancer ward at a hospital is sad. This guy is a goof.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
It was always likely this was going to happen at some point.

I do find it somewhat fitting that Gordon and his agent got out in front of it by announcing that "I am stepping away for mental health reasons". I suppose it sounds better than "I have no choice because I failed my 10th or whatever drug test."

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Dave
Its not that sad. The cancer ward at a hospital is sad. This guy is a goof.

When someone can’t stop doing something that is actively hurting them because of a mental illness it is sad.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Flash Gordon
Jan 28, 2015

Dear Sir Charles, Stephen A., Cris and other interested parties,

Thank you for your recent outpouring of concern about my well being. In what has been a difficult time for my family, friends and fans, you — and those like you — have taken it upon yourselves to express just how much you care about me and my future. For that, I am truly appreciative.

The thing is, though, you don’t even know me.

Chuck, you have never so much as shook my hand, let alone exchanged a single word with me. Few of you have, to be honest. Respectfully, your worry over my “problems” with substance abuse and my twisting descent into darkness and, apparently, my impending death, is misplaced — mostly because you have very little idea what you are talking about. None of you do, even those of you who seem curiously obsessed with the goings-on in my life:

You’re done with me, Stephen A.? That presumes we ever actually got started. How, exactly, can you be “done” with someone you have never had a meaningful conversation with beyond a quick First Take spot? Regardless, I am relieved that you no longer need to harbor sympathy for me — mostly because I never asked for it, never wanted it, and certainly never needed it. I am not a victim here; I never claimed to be one, either.

And Cris, your level of interest in my life is even more puzzling, especially considering we have never met, either.

In addition to being concerned about me — like when you publicly called for the Browns cut me so I could learn the same lessons you learned — you also stated as fact that “we are dealing with addiction here.” Know this: We are not dealing with anything, Cris. We are not the same. Not at all.

So, in the interest of lifting the heavy burden of my welfare off your collective consciences, I’d like to set the record straight about a few things.

First, words cannot express the remorse and regret I feel over this latest incident. I acknowledge that the repeated transgressions that have led up to this point have damaged my credibility, and for that, the only person to blame is me.

I have let down many in Cleveland — my Browns teammates, our hard-working coaching staff, the team’s ownership, and the loyal fan base that wants nothing more than to win. Playing there is different than in many other cities. We feel the fans’ pain. We know how important this is to them.

Also, I have disappointed the family and close friends who have always stood by me — no matter how tough things have been at certain points in my life. Believe me, there have been more dark days than I care to remember.

Most importantly, I have failed myself. Again.

I failed myself when started using marijuana regularly as a young teenager. I failed myself when I ruined a once-in-a-lifetime chance to be Robert Griffin III’s running mate during his Heisman Trophy-winning season at Baylor. I failed myself when I didn’t check with the league office to ensure that my doctor-prescribed, codeine-based medicine was allowed under NFL guidelines. I failed myself when I was arrested for driving a motor vehicle with a blood-alcohol level over the legal limit. I failed myself when I missed a team walkthrough late in the season and was suspended for the final game of the year.

But you know what, Charles, Stephen A., Cris and everyone else? I also have succeeded.

I succeeded by escaping a youth riddled with poverty, gang violence and very little in the way of guidance or support. I succeeded by narrowly avoiding a life of crime that managed to sink its clutches into almost all of my childhood friends. I succeeded by working tremendously hard on my craft and my body to even have a chance to play professional football for a living. And, contrary to popular belief, I succeeded by overcoming my longstanding relationship with weed — because I knew I was risking my future over it.

Truth is, I have not smoked marijuana since before I was drafted by the Browns in 2012 — and there are years’ worth of drug tests to prove it.

So, then how did I get here, you ask? That’s easy. I messed up. But to even begin to understand why I messed up, you need to know the Josh Gordon that existed before the NFL.

I don’t speak of it often, and even less so publicly, but I faced a fair amount of hardship growing up. My father was pretty much out of the picture, which left my mom to fend for herself with three sons at home. She did the best she could, but there were large stretches of time as an adolescent when I was completely alone — with no supervision, no one to guide me, and no one to keep me in line.

We lived in a poor section of Houston called Fondren, and to say it was a rough place would be putting it lightly. The other kids in the neighborhood weren’t well off, either, but it always felt like we had even less to our name. We moved at least seven times, and things were so bad sometimes, there were days I would come home from school and there would be no electricity, heat or hot water.

Over time, particularly after my older brothers moved out, I started hanging out with the wrong kind of people. The kind who would think nothing not only of carrying guns, but using them. Back then, smoking marijuana wasn’t an addiction for any of us — we were still boys, basically. It was just what everyone did. It was everywhere, just like alcohol was.

So Charles, Stephen A., Cris — you judge me now, but what if you came from where I come from? Heck, maybe you did experience similar upbringings, but I wouldn’t know, because I do not know you. Each of you have dealt with more than your fair shares of self-inflicted controversies, though, that I do know.

Again, I make no excuses for my past. That culture didn’t make me do anything I didn’t want to do, but when you judge me without actually knowing me, you deny the existence of the world I come from.

Later, when I went to college, it was like a dream come true, but in retrospect, I wasn’t ready for it. I had to have that opportunity taken away from me before I could really look within myself and decide what I wanted for my future. Was I going to continue to break rules to get high, or was I going to get straight and make the most of my God-given talents?

I made my choice when it came to the NFL, and I haven’t wavered.

Now, I messed up again. It happened about four weeks ago.

As most everyone knows, I missed a considerable portion of the 2014 season because I was suspended by the league. The details in relation to my reinstatement, however, are important to understand.

In connection with the DWI case, the league — in consideration of the fact that my blood-alcohol level was just .01 over the legal limit — agreed to shorten my punishment from four games lost to two. These games were tacked on to my eight-game suspension that had been levied on account of my inadvertently inhaling second-hand marijuana smoke last offseason.

That punishment — while harsh, given what my lab results clearly showed, including a backup sample that was under the league threshold — was just. I foolishly put myself in a precarious situation, one which I could have easily avoided if I had thought more clearly about the potential ramifications of my actions and who I chose to spend time around.

As a strict condition to my reinstatement in Week 12, I had to agree not only to abstain from drinking for the rest of the season, but also to submit to an alcohol screen as part of my in-season drug testing under the league’s substance-abuse protocol. Did I think that was excessive given I had never had any issue whatsoever with alcohol? Yes. Did I think it was hypocritical that a professional league making hundreds of millions of dollars off beer sponsorships was telling me not to drink? Yes. Did I so much as blink at the condition? No.

My primary concern was — and is — being the best football player I can be; I really didn’t even view it as much of a punishment or sacrifice.

On Jan. 2 of this year, just days after our season ended earlier than we all had hoped — and yes, my actions during the prior offseason definitely contributed to our failure to make the playoffs; it killed me seeing our guys fight so hard when I wasn’t out there with them — I boarded a private flight to Las Vegas with several teammates. During the flight, I had two beers and two drinks. It was the first time I had consumed so much as a drop of alcohol since July 4, 2014, the day of the DWI.

Anyone who knows me knows that I am not much of a drinker. Even calling me a social drinker would be an exaggeration, but at that moment, on that flight, I made a choice. The wrong choice, as it turned out.

Upon landing, I received the all-too-familiar notice by phone that I was to report to a testing location within four hours. I failed the test, obviously, and the rest is history … colored by media speculation and outrage from strangers.

In the end, of course, I failed myself.

It doesn’t matter if I thought that the league-imposed restriction on drinking had expired at the end of the regular season; what matters is that I didn’t confirm whether or not that was the case. Now, that oversight has further jeopardized my relationship with my team and our fans, my reputation, and maybe even my career.

So that’s it, Charles & Co.

These are the actual facts surrounding my situation, and these are my words. What comes next is uncertain. I haven’t decided whether to appeal the latest suspension. That’s a matter for my agent and me to discuss.

To those of you who traffic in lies and innuendo over fact, with seemingly no consequences for your actions …

I really don’t know how you get away with it.

What I do know is the following: I am not a drug addict; I am not an alcoholic; I am not someone who deserves to be dissected and analyzed like some tragic example of everything that can possibly go wrong for a professional athlete. And … I am not going to die on account of the troubled state you wrongly believe my life to be in. I am a human being, with feelings and emotions and scars and flaws, just like anyone else. I make mistakes — I have made a lot of mistakes — but I am a good person, and I will persevere.

If I have a “problem,” it is that I am only 23 years old — with a lot left to learn. I’ve come a long way from those mean Fondren streets, but it’s clear that I can be a better me — one who kids coming up to me for selfies and autographs can be proud of. I want that future for myself. And I truly believe that what I am going through right now will only make me stronger. I believe that my future is bright.

If you see me someday, Chuck, Stephen A., Cris, or any other well-intentioned person to whom this letter is directed, please come on over, shake my hand, and say hello. I won’t be holding a grudge, but I will expect you to admit you were wrong about me.

Sincerely,

Josh Gordon, No. 12

Old letter from Gordon and/or his agent

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Jc...

We still keep the 5th round pick and dont surrender the 7th round pick right?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
How many are wondering if Dorsey did the right thing now?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I Think we get a 7th thats it

Joe Thomas #73
V
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
V
Wonder if this is the same rumored drug test failure that was floating around over the summer? I doubt it would take that long to become official. What is the suspension time for another failed test? I thought the last time was indefinite.

I said at the time it seemed that the Browns knew something more than what they were able to share.

E
Legend
Legend
E
THE EAGLE HAS FLOWN AWAY...

He was being suspended folks for another violation. Don't know what but a violation never the less. So I guess he is putting himself into some Rehab facility again.

Onsite in the rolling hills of Tennessee, under the recommendation of Dr. Phil McGraw...lol laugh

Yeah I do have less empathy for him now that he is not a Brown.

But its another Suspension

According to a report from NFL Network's Tom Pelissero, however, Gordon is facing another suspension for violating the terms of his reinstatement under the NFL's substance abuse policy.

So this is just double talk to make people feel sorry for him...What a guy. Truth is he either failed another drug test or failed to submit a test and abide by the rules. Same ole same old.

Once again a good move by Dorsey. As he didn't buy into his BS...jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: tru_dawgs
Jc...

We still keep the 5th round pick and dont surrender the 7th round pick right?

the 7th was changed from a conditional to a set trade so no we don't get it back

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: BADdog

Nope, we keep the 5th from the Pats and don't give up the 7th. Had he not been available to start at least 10 games we would have given them our 7th. The 5th was always ours.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Originally Posted By: CalDawg
How many are wondering if Dorsey did the right thing now?

I would have thought Dorsey did the right thing regardless of how things turned out in New England. It may have been hard to watch him light the league up there, if that is how it had turned out, but sometimes you just have to move on from a guy.

Hopefully Josh can get it together so he can lead a decent life and provide for his family. My sympathy starts and ends with them.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Looks like another setback for the Pats. Maybe the law of averages is finally catching up to them. About time.

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
So Josh says he hasnt smoked weed since prior to 2012? What is he popping hot for then?

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Belichick's edge over the rest of the league is shrinking.

Age and injuries are catching up to Brady and Gronk.

Add in a few close losses (that Miami one has to hurt) and they probably won't get a first round bye for the first time in many years.

The Gordon trade was always silly from the Pats perspective. I get the idea behind it and usually give Belichick the benefit of the doubt because he's earned it over the years, but that was stupid.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: FATE

Nope, we keep the 5th from the Pats and don't give up the 7th. Had he not been available to start at least 10 games we would have given them our 7th. The 5th was always ours.

7th was changed to non conditional, we lose the 7th

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Originally Posted By: teedub
So Josh says he hasnt smoked weed since prior to 2012? What is he popping hot for then?

The letter I posted was written in January 2015. Kinda puts it in perspective how long we've been dealing with this nonsense. It was tiresome even back then, which is reflected in the tone of the letter.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Haus

The Gordon trade was always silly from the Pats perspective. I get the idea behind it and usually give Belichick the benefit of the doubt because he's earned it over the years, but that was stupid.

I prefer to think of it as a Dorsey win. wink

#GMSTRONG
D
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
D
I look at it like this....

We got B. Perriman & a fifth round pick for J. Gordan and a conditional pick.

Once again, J. Dorsey makes the right call.

Perriman has really brought a lot to this team as he continues to make play after play. In hindsight, I would not have thought this possible in September... Perriman has been a better player than Gordan.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Haus, I hope the Pats don't resort to cheating; no not them never!!! tsktsk

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: texaslostdawg
Originally Posted By: FATE

7th was changed to non conditional, we lose the 7th

Thanks, was not aware of that... so basically there was never a ten game insurance policy but a straight up trade.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Josh Gordon Continued....

Link Copied to Clipboard