Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Legend
Legend

Barry McCockiner @SportsTalkBarry

Emotional scene just now in the #Patriots locker room. Josh Gordon went around and gave every teammate a hug. When he got to Tom Brady, the two engaged in a deep kiss. “I’ll miss you out there”, said Brady. Both began to cry.
11:05 AM - Dec 20, 2018

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend

When Dorsey let him go for me it was both sad and an elation.

Sad because I hated to see what could have been now ended.

Elated because Dorsey knew it was over and he was right to move on.

At the point the talent didn't matter. It was over.

It is clear now. You are either a part of this team or you are not. Baker on playing the remainder of the schedule "play to win all out or leave the team."

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Meathead is gone. This time it is likely forever. I don't see Goodell ever letting him play again. I've said it for years, meathead is a loser. It is in his nature to lose. To destroy his career and hurt his team in doing so. All he cares about is self-gratification. He doesn't care about his team or his teammates. Dorsey was right in ridding the Browns of the meathead cancer. We are much better off with him.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
E
Legend
Legend
E
Again we are talking about a 5th round pick...I think it was worth it. Good trade on both parts.

What is hurting BB right now is that at this time he would have been trading Brady for 2 draft picks and this season would have been the year that Garropollo would be leading the team.

So in the off season Brady would have been traded for two first round picks at least. And this would have been Jim Garrapolo's first year starting. I think that was the master plan. Its what they did with Bledsoe.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
D
Legend
Legend
D
Quote:
When he got to Tom Brady, the two engaged in a deep kiss.

Wait, whut? This is from The Onion, right?

Edit: nevermind - just got the name.

Last edited by Dave; 12/20/18 01:49 PM.
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Heard there was definite tongue involved.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
That account is parody, at best. The most recent tweet:

Quote:
Barry McCockiner
‏

@SportsTalkBarry
1h1 hour ago
More
#Patriots owner Robert Kraft announces that the first 100 fans into Gillette Stadium for Sunday’s game vs the Bills will win one of Josh Gordon’s used bongs.

Unbelievably classy gesture.

Incidentally, the only funny tweet I could find.

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Hammer
Heard there was definite tongue involved.

Follow the thread of that tweet. A lot more than tongue got involved.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dave
Its not that sad. The cancer ward at a hospital is sad. This guy is a goof.

I feel bad for him bc everybody goes through stuff. But I feel even worse for people who have these addictions and do NOT have the money or resources to overcome them. It's a shame.

Get well though. Glad we don't have to worry about him anymore in regards to football status. And all those Pats fans are eating crow thinking well it was cleveland, in new england, he'll be just fine.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Cancer IS Terrible but so is addiction, it will destroy the addict and everyone around them unless they get help ... I went to God and He saved me and I have been clean for 18 years, my Dr. told I was 1 in a thousand that make it the other 999 are either in prison or dead so yes Cancer is a dreaded disease, but addiction is a destroyer also superconfused

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend

#GMSTRONG
D
Legend
Legend
D
Poor kid .... wow ... what a waste ... literally ...

I wish him well ... hopefully the next time we hear about him isn’t an arrest or suicide ...

Good Luck dude ....

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
As stated earlier, I'm so glad this is no longer the Browns' problem.

There may be people who have more talent than you, but there's no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.
-Derek Jeter
Legend
Legend
I remember how I got blasted for saying that the Browns would be better off without him. Unreliable players wind up hurting their teams. Gordon has hurt his team. "Mental health" my butt. He is unable, and probably also unwilling to stay away from drugs. His unwillingness to just come out and admit that he screwed up again does not bode well for his future sobriety.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
You probably got blasted for it, but it sure as heck wasn't from me. If I remember, I wanted to get rid of the guy sometime during the 2016 offseason. And I thought I was late on that train...

E
Legend
Legend
E
I eat crow, because I was one of the ones that were mad about the trade.

I am not doubting John Dorsey ever again.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
I remember how I got blasted for saying that the Browns would be better off without him. Unreliable players wind up hurting their teams. Gordon has hurt his team. "Mental health" my butt. He is unable, and probably also unwilling to stay away from drugs. His unwillingness to just come out and admit that he screwed up again does not bode well for his future sobriety.

I got blasted for saying the Browns should trade him the day he was reinstated. I knew he’d screw up again. At least we sent BB a well deserved rotten egg. Enjoy NE!

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Someone has to beat Pittsburgh in the playoffs. Over the years, it has probably been the Patriots more than anyone else.

Just saying.. be careful what you wish for.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

I got blasted for saying the Browns should trade him the day he was reinstated. I knew he’d screw up again. At least we sent BB a well deserved rotten egg. Enjoy NE!

Or two... Shelton has been a healthy scratch three straight weeks.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend

Originally Posted By: Haus
Someone has to beat Pittsburgh in the playoffs. Over the years, it has probably been the Patriots more than anyone else.

What’s your beef? The only team I care about is the Browns. And what I wish is that Holmgren never drafted the loser, and that the Browns FO had the nads to cut him years ago. “Careful what you wish for”? rofl

Last edited by PerfectSpiral; 12/20/18 05:32 PM.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
What a crazy situation... I wish him well, but it may be over.... for good

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

I wonder if anyone will bring back the old Gordon threads to make other posters look bad like some are so eager to do w/other subjects?

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H

Originally Posted By: Haus

What’s your beef? The only team I care about is the Browns. And what I wish is that Holmgren never drafted the loser, and that the Browns FO had the nads to cut him years ago. “Careful what you wish for”? rofl

No beef here, though I do sometimes wonder about the irrational hatred for the Patriots that some people have. I have some unique thoughts on that, though some of them are political in nature. At some point, I may put those where they are appropriate.

Other than that, I root for the Browns too. I try not to root against other teams to be honest, though I'm human too. I won't complain if someone beats Pittsburgh and Baltimore. Weaker AFC teams makes this less likely.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
j/c:

I wonder if anyone will bring back the old Gordon threads to make other posters look bad like some are so eager to do w/other subjects?

oh my god, get over it

P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't hate the Pats. But I am tired of seeing the same team being in the AFC championship and SB all of the time. I like the thought of parody and seeing different teams at the top.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I don't hate the Pats. But I am tired of seeing the same team being in the AFC championship and SB all of the time. I like the thought of parody and seeing different teams at the top.

Now, at the risk of being assumed to be a jerk, I'm going to point something out.

Just as you pointed out to me, in one of my posts about illegals, when I said "export" them, and you corrected me: The word was 'deport'.........

Parody does not mean 'parity'.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H

I don't have a problem with that. I'm talking more about the largely ESPN-driven fanatical hatred of all things Belichick and Patriots. This includes people known to be close confidants, such as Urban Meyer and Greg Schiano, which might pique the interest of some Buckeyes fans who wonder why the media was so ruthless toward those two men the last couple years.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Yep. I sometimes get in a hurry and don't proof read. lol

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H

Who needs to proofread when you can just edit after the fact.

Mods probably look at my post sometimes and see, "This user has edited the post 7 times." notallthere

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Damanshot

You know? I hear this here a lot. I understand the humanity and wishing him well and all. But geez this guy has been given so many chances. It’s obvious he’s trying but his consistent pending NFL reinstatement’s should have ended with a life time ban a couple years ago.

Also I’ve seen Brown’s fans jump all over players for poor talent. Really awful things said about certain players that had bad performances. Yeah it’s something to hear this stuff. I just don’t get it. Ok they had a bad game or they really do suck. But they showed up day in day out and towed the line stayed out of trouble. IMO Josh Gordon was never anything, not worth his weight. Talent is nothing without work, sacrifice, and dedication.

Gordon has never done the work, or sacrificed a thing. And he certainly isn’t dedicated to football.

– Jackie Robinson
D
Legend
Legend
D

Proof read? .... *LOL* ...

P
Legend
Legend
P
It's a lost art. lol

#gmstrong
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Originally Posted By: Damanshot

You know? I hear this here a lot. I understand the humanity and wishing him well and all. But geez this guy has been given so many chances. It’s obvious he’s trying but his consistent pending NFL reinstatement’s should have ended with a life time ban a couple years ago.

Also I’ve seen Brown’s fans jump all over players for poor talent. Really awful things said about certain players that had bad performances. Yeah it’s something to hear this stuff. I just don’t get it. Ok they had a bad game or they really do suck. But they showed up day in day out and towed the line stayed out of trouble. IMO Josh Gordon was never anything, not worth his weight. Talent is nothing without work, sacrifice, and dedication.

Gordon has never done the work, or sacrificed a thing. And he certainly isn’t dedicated to football.

I think you make some good points but I don't wish ill on the guy. Not saying you do, just that I can see both sides of the addiction vs spoiled athlete debate.

The way I look at it, if Josh Gordon doesn't have a roster spot in the NFL, somebody else will. That guy won't be as fast or athletically gifted as Gordon, but I bet he'll be a harder worker and better role model in the community.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Gordon's rant to the media just shows that he still doesn't get it. I'm hoping that he does some day for his sake.

Legend
Legend
He never got out of his rookie contract, he never got his payday. Now he probably never will.

#GMSTRONG
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I still don't understand what Belichick was thinking when he traded for Gordon. There's the part about it's only a late round pick or two, cheap contract, could still be a great receiver, fine.

It's the part that year after year, it's always something else. Failed test, back to rehab, mental health, back to rehab, failed test, DUI, nursing an injury, gaming the media for sympathy, and so forth.

Why the heck would they want to put up with that? Now that Gordon got out in front of all this and the narrative is, "stepping away due to mental health issues" rather than "failed another drug test", the Pats are probably going to have to deal with all this going forward.

They won't know which weeks he'll be available. The locker room may divide at some point between those who want him around and those who want to move on. This is not the Patriots way.

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
I was in Gordon's corner for a long time. I understand his addiction, been there, but when he went on Instagram and posted himself laughing at Hue when they let him go, it showed me that the guy is a fake. He is a selfish ungrateful person. He may have an addiction, but there is no way I believe he is actually trying to beat it. I think he got straight for a while so he could make money to payoff his legal problems, and never really planned to stay clean.

Dude is a bum, period.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
S
Legend
Legend
S
I don't want to celebrate a situation like this, or somehow champion that it wasn't my team that is dealing with this, but man I am glad we cut the cord with him when we did.

The Browns stood by that guy for a long time, and he continuously let them down. I feel bad for the situation, but I am glad that the Browns look like they made the smart move in parting ways, and even secured a draft pick out of it.

It's a disappointing situation because a talent like his is rare. I think Marijuana should be legal, especially for football players, but until then, it's not hard to follow the rules. I get that there may have been more than Marijuana, but that was quite a bit of the situation.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Spergon FTWynn
I don't want to celebrate a situation like this, or somehow champion that it wasn't my team that is dealing with this, but man I am glad we cut the cord with him when we did.

The Browns stood by that guy for a long time, and he continuously let them down. I feel bad for the situation, but I am glad that the Browns look like they made the smart move in parting ways, and even secured a draft pick out of it.

It's a disappointing situation because a talent like his is rare. I think Marijuana should be legal, especially for football players, but until then, it's not hard to follow the rules. I get that there may have been more than Marijuana, but that was quite a bit of the situation.

People say Marijuana is not addictive, so I would believe he had to be HOOKED on some other drug and /or alcohol.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Marijuana, Codeine, DUI, alcohol after that DUI

There was other stuff. He mentioned some of it in one of those ill-advised interviews a while back.

Last edited by Haus; 12/20/18 09:29 PM.
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Josh Gordon Continued....

Link Copied to Clipboard