Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
CalDawg #1569219 12/18/18 07:24 PM
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I'd like to see at least another win this season. Two would be nice, but start with the Bengals. Crush them and put them at the bottom of the AFC North for the season.

Everyone on the Browns can get better. It's a young team, with lots of room to grow. The coaching staff hasn't been together all that long and can do the same. Show the world that the Browns are for real. Make the top coaches want this job-- I'm not saying you have to bring in a new guy, just make the job desirable-- make players want to re-sign here, make free agents want to come here.

Keep adding to that pile of real players. There's still plenty of cap space and draft picks available. Let the coaches, Mayfield, and other leaders on the team do their thing and demand improvement and accountability from the rest of the guys.

There are some really good players at important positions on this team on rookie deals. The mindset has to be to improve quickly because this advantage won't last forever. Eventually you have pay guys who perform, but take advantage of it while we can.

Last edited by Haus; 12/18/18 07:33 PM.
CalDawg #1572194 12/23/18 10:18 PM
CalDawg Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
I supposed I would say biggest sign of growth against the Bengals came when Landry and others rushed to Baker's aid.

They've clearly developed a tight knit group.

They took care of business in a very business-like fashion most of the day. It was a bigger beatdown than the score indicated.

The blocked punt and the penalties remind us it's still a young team.

They are winning the games they're supposed to win. Next step will be a win over a winning team. Doing it on the road would be icing. Looking forward to the game next week.

The defense is improving weekly.

The o-line has jelled and is performing well both in run blocking and pass protection.

We've stayed relatively healthy.

Everyone (who's serious) is contributing. Big plays are being made on both sides of the ball.

We're seeing the emergence of future stars. Legends in the making.

Having Baker is great. Having a receiving corps, effective TEs, and a running game is amazing. (Chubb, Higgins, Landry, Perriman, Duke, Njoku, and Fells all looked like studs today.) And seeing them all come together at once, like today, is fantastic. Watching guys like Peppers, Ogunjobi, and Avery develop into impact players is so much fun.

Side note: It's tough watching Denzel. I only pray he's going to be all right. While we are definitely better with him, and watching him is amazing, I hope he chooses health over football if it comes to that.

Finally, we swept a division rival, guaranteeing we would not end up in last place, and our final game of the season determines the fate of the division. That's real growth.

Go Bengals.

What did you notice?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Team Growth

Link Copied to Clipboard