Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
T
Rookie
Rookie
T
Originally Posted By: Knight_Of_Brown
"Sigh"

Just when the Browns had a good thing going. We got a young roster with a lot of talent, and one guy (Callaway) that appears to finally be getting over his off the field issues thanks to be around a positive environment and we add this POS in Hunt to our roster....unbelievable.

This guy KICKED a 19 year old girl while she was on the ground after he shoved her down...think about that KICKED a girl while she was on the ground...

I am all about forgiving Hunt, Everyone should have forgave him long ago. BUT forgiving him, and allowing him to play football again are to completely different things.

Kareem Hunt should have been barred from the NFL for life for what he done. Actions must have consequences. Even if you forgive, their must still be consequences.

This will be the move that will cause the Browns to fail. This will be the move that seals Dorsey's ticket out of Cleveland. This will be the move that puts a cancer in the locker room.

We got rid of Josh Gordon because he was problem, but then we bring in an even bigger problem. Say what you want about Gordon, but at least he wasn't violent and beating the stuffing out of women and beating people unconscious at night clubs...Josh Gordon was a choir boy compared to Hunt.

The worst thing about Hunt is not only is he a worthless POS human being, but even his word is worthless...He lied to the Chiefs and Andy Reid. Reid made the right move getting rid of this guy...Dorsey is just biased because he drafted him and brought him in back in KC.

This one move right here has the potential ruin EVERYTHING we got going here. This is the last guy you want Mayfield, Callaway, Ward, and Chubb being in the same room with...this is awful beyond belief.

There is a reason no one else was interested. Even Bellichik(the only guy I think could maybe keep him out of trouble and turn him around) wasn't interested in him...you can't win, coach, or be successful with losers like Hunt...losers breed losing...what a monumental blunder of vast proportions siging this twit...I don't care if we signed him for cupcakes...what he did was worse than what Ray Rice did...

It won't be long before the Women's Rights protests begin...people are ******, and rightfully so...this move is going to cost Haslam some money....this move will NOT sit well with women, and women will begin refusing to buy tickets, merch, and other things because the Browns organization is seen as an organization that supports men who beat and abuse women....Dorsey just proved himself a complete twit.

exaggerate much ?

J
All Pro
All Pro
J
looks like to me the type of move you make to put you over the top.
right now we are a 11 team

T
Rookie
Rookie
T
Originally Posted By: jacksondawg
looks like to me the type of move you make to put you over the top.
right now we are a 11 team

That's great but 2 of the 5 losses will be to the Steelers...

P
Legend
Legend
P
Really?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Got it, Thanks

Man, I've not seen this much outrage over a signing. At least not by us...

On Facebook, someone posted a picture of Kapernick saying he isn't playing, but Hunt is signed.

I guess they have a point, Kap didn't break any laws are commit any crimes and he's pretty much blackballed. Hunt is under contract after kicking a girl...

When you think of it in those terms, it sounds odd.

That leads me to a question, what about Kap as our replacement for Taylor?

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
P
Legend
Legend
P
Why?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Damanshot

Two questions for you:

1. When was the last time Kap played in the league?

2. When was the last time he was good?

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I seem to recall that he has had a chance to come back into the league as a backup, and has declined.

I read that he wants to sign with theh Redskins, who happen to have a starter opening, but they want someone with a skill set similar to Smith.

Speaking of the Redskins. I heard something that really set wheels spinning in my head.

Supposedly Kingsbury doesn't really want Rosen, because he's not the mobile QB he wants. What is they trade Rosen to DC, and then grab their choice of QB at #1?

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm actually impressed it too this long to mention Kapernick. Considering that every 3rd tweet I saw about Kareem Hunt mentioned him.

Tip of my cap to you all.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg

Two questions for you:

1. When was the last time Kap played in the league?

2. When was the last time he was good?

2016 for the 49ers and probably the last time he played good was in the Superbowl,,, or at least that year..

But in digging up that information, I found he's 31 years old... SO Never Mind

Last edited by Damanshot; 02/12/19 04:11 PM.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Got it, Thanks

On Facebook, someone posted a picture of Kapernick saying he isn't playing, but Hunt is signed.

I guess they have a point, Kap didn't break any laws are commit any crimes and he's pretty much blackballed. Hunt is under contract after kicking a girl...

I think if Kap was as talented as say.....Pat Mahommes, he would have a job.

People forget that Kap sucks. lol

Watch the video of Hunt, he didn't kick anyone, he pushed her with his foot. The initial shove was worse than the "kick". The entire situation is overblown a bit if you ask me.

Does he deserve to be suspended - yes.

8 games - nope

Your comparing apples to oranges with Kap. Hunt is a probowl bowl player. Kap is a qb that once threw 2 completions in an entire half his last year he played. Ill give you a hint, they didn't only throw the ball 3 times.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
Got it, Thanks

I think if Kap was as talented as say.....Pat Mahommes, he would have a job.

People forget that Kap sucks. lol

Watch the video of Hunt, he didn't kick anyone, he pushed her with his foot. The initial shove was worse than the "kick". The entire situation is overblown a bit if you ask me.

Does he deserve to be suspended - yes.

8 games - nope

Your comparing apples to oranges with Kap. Hunt is a probowl bowl player. Kap is a qb that once threw 2 completions in an entire half his last year he played. Ill give you a hint, they didn't only throw the ball 3 times.

I actually never saw the video of the incident, I'll go check on it. I was just going by what I've read in reports.. But I guess they are talking about 6 games, not 8 games for a suspension.

Either way, I remember (because I'm not a 49er fan so I didn't pay attention) him playing pretty well when Harbaugh was coach. So I'm clearly out of touch with his skills or lack thereof.

Remember, all I did was ask a question, Just a QUESTION...

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg

Two questions for you:

1. When was the last time Kap played in the league? 2016

2. When was the last time he was good? 2013

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W

im just answering it man, no hard feelings. Im not coming at you.

I never thought outside of a cannon of an arm that Kap was a good QB. He was in a GREAT system, with a GREAT if not DOMINATE defense that his poor play was made up for.

My thoughts on Kap have nothing to do with the kneeling, and everything to do with the fact that if he had talent he would still be playing. Risk / Reward. Kap is a risk (PR wise) no one can deny that. But if the Reward (his being a good QB) was worth that, he would have a team. And he has been offered opportunities that he has turned down.

But yea, watch the video of Hunt, its not nearly as egregious as the media or some fans are making it. I am completely against any violence on women, and he deserves to be punished. But by no means should he be punished in any of the light that Mixon was - because the two cases are not even comparable.

Legend
Legend
FYI, I watched the Hunt Video,,,I gotta tell you, the kid made a dumb move, but it's in no way a Ray Rice Moment.. No way, no how. Dumb yes, enough to kick him out of the league, I don't think it rises to that level at all..

I'm feeling better and better..

Oh, and I'm not offended... Sometimes when questions are asked as you did, it can come across poorly, I don't think you meant it that way, but I was making sure you knew, I was just asking. Not promoting Kap, Just askin

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
If Kap really wanted to play, the AAF had a spot for him reserved. Probably just wants to whine and moan, poor poor thing.

#GMSTRONG
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
FYI, I watched the Hunt Video,,,I gotta tell you, the kid made a dumb move, but it's in no way a Ray Rice Moment.. No way, no how. Dumb yes, enough to kick him out of the league, I don't think it rises to that level at all..

Oh, and I'm not offended... Sometimes when questions are asked as you did, it can come across poorly, I don't think you meant it that way, but I was making sure you knew, I was just asking. Not promoting Kap, Just askin
No worries!

Its a touchy subject. Political, football, PR wise, anyway you cut it - with Kap there are a lot of angles people take on him. I am one of the few that I could care less if a player kneels, but I truly believe with 1000% of my heart and head, if he could play at a high level, he would be on a squad.

Glad you watched the video of Hunt. I will admit, there is a thread on here when it happened, I had the same comments. "throw him out! hes a POS!" "no excuse"

Now, I still believe there is not excuse for what he did. he shouldn't have done it, but in no way shape or form did he HIT that girl. He shoved her. He didn't HIT her. he should not have shoved her, at all! 4 games I think is fair punishment.

anything over that, and I think they are just trying to use him as an example. Because Rice and Mixon flat out leveled a girl and basically nothing.

Legend
Legend

No worries!

Its a touchy subject. Political, football, PR wise, anyway you cut it - with Kap there are a lot of angles people take on him. I am one of the few that I could care less if a player kneels, but I truly believe with 1000% of my heart and head, if he could play at a high level, he would be on a squad.

Glad you watched the video of Hunt. I will admit, there is a thread on here when it happened, I had the same comments. "throw him out! hes a POS!" "no excuse"

Now, I still believe there is not excuse for what he did. he shouldn't have done it, but in no way shape or form did he HIT that girl. He shoved her. He didn't HIT her. he should not have shoved her, at all! 4 games I think is fair punishment.

anything over that, and I think they are just trying to use him as an example. Because Rice and Mixon flat out leveled a girl and basically nothing.

Ahhh, how nice is it to agree LOL

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W

No worries!

Ahhh, how nice is it to agree LOL
Yeah you might wan to save this for a xmas card or something lol.

Legend
Legend

Wow. What a dynamic player to add to your roster. Probably Top 5 in the "Electric" category. These are the kind of calculated moves that turn franchises into championship contenders. Not necessarily because Hunt takes us to the promise land, because this is the dictionary definition of HUGE upside, very little downside. Incredible signing by Dorsey, as crazy as it sounds... regardless of Hunt's contribution. Do the math, weren't we just applauded for paying $16 mil for a second round pick with Osweiler? This one cost us way less than 1 mil.

Upside:
One of the most dynamic players in the league.
One year lease before you define ongoing relationship, with a great ROI if you decide to part ways.
Fits our scheme almost perfectly.
Takes some of the grind off Chubb and makes trying to analyze our offense a constant guessing game.
Is back with the man who drafted him and may fit the bill of "mentor" to him.

Downside:
Locker room cancer?

I say absolutely no way. First, he won't be the new guy in camp upsetting the apple cart, he will be a complementary piece coming along as we brace for a playoff run. Second, he's not typecast as a problem player, a diva, or a locker room problem. Just a dude that made a couple of terrible decisions. Call me crazy but OBJ rates much higher on the possible "bad chemistry" scale than Hunt.

Constant off the field problem?

Good chance. This is where the the real test is, and how continuous exercises in "bad judgment" can affect the team. It goes to the "can't take the street out of the kid" discussion. Some people just never learn to keep themselves out of questionable circumstances, never cut ties with "the wrong crowd", etc... Now we have put him even closer to the people that he should have been trying to avoid in the first place. We'll see what happens, but AGAIN, we're not tying our hopes, dreams and salary cap to a long term relationship. We hope he screws his head on straight, We hope he doesn't have a substance abuse problem, We hope he avoids the relationships that keep putting him in these situations... but we don't need to hitch our wagon to all of these things coming to pass because we truly have nothing to lose.

Lastly, I've said it before in a couple discussions and I feel now it is inevitable. Duke Johnson's days in the brown and orange are numbered. Three years of flashes but never showing this team, in it's many changing variables, that he is a vital cog to the future. I can't put a finger on why, but I'm pretty sure the experiment is over. If he's still here in week 1, he'll get showcased early in the season and traded to someone still salivating over the "upside". There is just not enough there that you can't get from other places to justify the price tag or need to constantly "try to get him touches". I love him as much as the next fan, but I'm prepared for the inevitable. With Chubb, Hunt, a great slot receiver and a very formidable WR corps, Duke is becoming a square peg. There are a lot of other teams where the fit would be better.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
I think this potentially signals the end of Duke Johnson in CLE.

These are the kinds of posts I least like to read on Dawgtalkers.

It happens every time the team gets somebody who potentially would be good.

Why the "heck" wouldn't the team be best to have both players on the team?

But somebody always assumes the team can't improve but must cut somebody because they signed somebody.

Duke wasn't even the worst RB on the team last year, the Rb on the team, who was there the vast majority of the Reg season, and provided the least impact was Hilliard.

But somebody, (not always any one in particular) always wants to post about kicking a contributor off the Browns, and makes the post prematurely.

Stop cutting veteran players. And why would anyone wish for it?

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
From every account that I can remember, after any bonuses paid, the remainder of your contract is split into 16 equal game checks. You are only eligable to be paid if you are available to the team. Meaning you lose the game checks that correspond with a supsension.

ie.... If you're suspended for six games you lose three eighths of your salary.

Wouldn't it depend on the contract status, if it's fully guaranteed money, shouldn't he receive it all?

No, unless the Browns legal team is stupid ( they aren't). All contracts would have a clause pertaining to suspensions and obligations to fulfill the contract terms. In other words, a player can't sign the contract, then retire and still collect a signing bonus. We saw that today where Kyler Murray had to pay back a large portion of the bonus he received from the A's since he is giving up baseball.

Not having that protection would be similar to if the team could stop paying a injured player.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B

I said similar when it happened. That didn't go over well at the time. It didn't look like any kind of a hard kick. It was like a bump in the rump saying, get out of here.

You can't see what happened behind closed doors, but in the hall the woman was clearly the one slapping, scratching, whatever. Men shouldn't have to stand there and take it no matter what. At some point it needs to end.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Originally Posted By: FATE

It goes to the "can't take the street out of the kid"

Take the street out of the kid??? He grew up in Willoughby for cripes sake....not Compton.....LOL

I agree with everything else...every indication is he is a great lockeroom guy...

I agree with others that say this is being overblown. For a while there I was wondering if I missed seeing the video or I saw the wrong video...Bad move on his part??? yes... punishment needed??? definitely... Crucifixion??? A bit harsh.

I see this as a BIG win for the Browns. If the kid can keep his nose clean that is. I mean the Chiefs were looking to resign him. The Bears as well...KC was a different team without him...it took them a while to adjust.

We beat them to the punch and it is a low risk/high reward situation. As long as he keeps out of trouble...

I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken...

What's the use of wearing your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????
Legend
Legend

LOL. Okay, bad terminology. Wasn't really talking about where he's from geographically as much as referencing "old habits die hard".

Carry on.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
B
Legend
Legend
B
The gangs of Willoughby. lol

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Yea they are tough lol.

I needed to let this set in for a day because at first I was like WTH, why? Now I am really liking this move. There is very little risk involved at all, and if Kareem stays true to his word that he is sorry, we got a great player that can help our teams in a lot ways.

Great move John!!

“It doesn't make sense to hire smart people and tell them what to do; we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do.” -Steve Jobs.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Get rid of this douche. Its not like he made 1 mistake. He did this three times.

I predict he will not last a year. He will be in jail for assault by then.

And the people making excuses him kicking a woman on the ground are disgusting. thumbsdown

No Craps Given
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
Get rid of this douche. Its not like he made 1 mistake. He did this three times.

And the people making excuses him kicking a woman on the ground are disgusting. thumbsdown

Cool. I understand your viewpoint. I don't like what happened. I really don't.

I also don't like that some women think they can punch at a man and not expect retaliation. That is in a guys DNA. Women want to act like men and start a fight....there ya go.

I have never hit a woman...I did hit a girl when I was maybe 5-6. This girl down the street walked up to me and started biting me hard enough in the arm to draw blood. I hit her in the ear. She ran off screaming for her Mom and I went screaming to my Mom.

In your world I should have allowed her to bite me all she wanted? Of course not...I don't think you do.

In the adult world and not kid stuff, I didn't hang around women who were going to start punching me if they didn't get their way......no draw for me.

Ladies and Gentlemen...that was the way I looked at it. Both need to act the part.

Last edited by Ballpeen; 02/12/19 07:55 PM.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Legend
Legend
D
Maybe its good news that Hunt's father is probably going to jail for selling crack cocaine in Elyria.

https://www.cleveland.com/crime/2019/01/...-in-elyria.html

Kareem Hunt Sr, 47, has been arrested 35 times, multiple times for domestic abuse. He also has 9 felony convictions for drug offenses for which he spent 9 years in jail. Link below also mentions his cousin, Rashan Hunt, who was sentenced to 23 years for voluntary manslaughter.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf...ory/2289525002/

It can only be a good thing for the younger Hunt for his father to be out of the picture during his tenure with the Browns, but its also easy to see why some people think the worst thing for Hunt is to return to Cleveland where he'll be immersed in his apparently troubled family issues every day.

V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

It's not a big deal, but it is rather irksome when people go on and w/questions and comments about things that have already previously been answered in a thread.

It's odd they don't have time to read the thread, but then ask as series of questions that have already been posed and addressed.

Legend
Legend
Did they bring him back to the Cleveland area, or did he migrate back on his own after his release from Kansas City?

#GMSTRONG
B
Legend
Legend
B
Maybe Kareem is the victim of his upbringing?

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
And how have you been Kash. Haven't seen you around much.

Hope all is splendid.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Legend
Legend
D
Did they bring him back to the Cleveland area, or did he migrate back on his own after his release from Kansas City?

The USA Today article says he was at his mother's home in December, following his release by KC, so I assume he came back on his own.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Get rid of this douche.

rofl ... good luck with that one ...

He is a douche for what he did ... NEVER EVER a good reason to hit a girl short of being attacked by her when she has a knife or she pulls a gun on U ...

But good luck wth your pipe dream of us cutting him cause u think he’s a douche ... rofl

U gonna cheer for him when he breaks off a 68 yard TD run with 2:15 left in the 4th quarter that puts us up by two scores against the stilers ... pretty sure we all know the answer to that one ... thumbsup

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Maybe Kareem is the victim of his upbringing?

It seems likely that he saw his father abusing his mother at some point in his life, and its possible he was abused too, I suppose.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

Cool. I understand your viewpoint. I don't like what happened. I really don't.

I also don't like that some women think they can punch at a man and not expect retaliation. That is in a guys DNA. Women want to act like men and start a fight....there ya go.

I have never hit a woman...I did hit a girl when I was maybe 5-6. This girl down the street walked up to me and started biting me hard enough in the arm to draw blood. I hit her in the ear. She ran off screaming for her Mom and I went screaming to my Mom.

In your world I should have allowed her to bite me all she wanted? Of course not...I don't think you do.

In the adult world and not kid stuff, I didn't hang around women who were going to start punching me if they didn't get their way......no draw for me.

Ladies and Gentlemen...that was the way I looked at it. Both need to act the part.

She was laying on the ground not even near him. HE HAD TO WALK OVER TO HER JUST TO KICK HER.

WHAT PART OF THAT IS HER ATTACKING HIM?

No Craps Given
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Dave

The USA Today article says he was at his mother's home in December, following his release by KC, so I assume he came back on his own.

OK, it means he is a good son. When lost, go back to Mom.

I'd say parents, but it sounds like Dad was lost.

Even at my age, there are still times I wish I could go sit on the porch and talk to my Mom or Dad. Dad Passed in 95, Mom in 97. I miss them a lot.

If your parents are still alive....ask them questions. They aren't going to live forever, and you will never find a better friend. Most "friends" wouldn't die for you....right now.....most parents would, no questions asked.

Last edited by Ballpeen; 02/12/19 08:21 PM.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
Get rid of this douche.

rofl ... good luck with that one ...

He is a douche for what he did ... NEVER EVER a good reason to hit a girl short of being attacked by her when she has a knife or she pulls a gun on U ...

But good luck wth your pipe dream of us cutting him cause u think he’s a douche ... rofl

U gonna cheer for him when he breaks off a 68 yard TD run with 2:15 left in the 4th quarter that puts us up by two scores against the stilers ... pretty sure we all know the answer to that one ... thumbsup

I dont think he's going to last. JG was a neanderthal who didnt learn, and the same with this guy.

No Craps Given
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns sign Kareem Hunt

Link Copied to Clipboard