Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I feel sorry for you.

I can tell. rofl

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
V
Legend
Legend
V
You're hilarious.

Legend
Legend
Maybe, but you're the funny one tonight. Your response to Day of the Dawg was a real knee slapper. thumbsup

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
V
Legend
Legend
V
I get that your personal vendetta, but you might want to go back and re-read all of that. I have no problems w/him not wanting to trade Duke. But, he is the ONE who asked the question first. Not me. I just used his same technique from the polar side.

Of course, you being you, ignored what he said and decided to criticize me............w/out adding any football talk at all. It's who you are.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
But, he is the ONE who asked the question first. Not me. I just used his same technique from the polar side.

Of course, you being you, ignored what he said and decided to criticize me.

What a load of BS. Day of the Dawg responded to a post by Bonefish and backed it up with an opinion that differs from yours. He's said nothing to you in this thread, yet you felt a need to belittle him. It's who you are. blush

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: kingodawg
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
Originally Posted By: bonefish

My guess is Duke will be traded. He has more value. And that trade may come sooner rather than later.

If the suspension comes down and it 3 or 4 games. Hilliard may be the third guy and Duke traded in a package deal. Duke plus draft picks to get somebody.

Well, if we trade Duke, I sure as heck hope it's after Hunt returns from suspension.

Duke is signed for a while,,, 2 more years I think?

We Hunt plays and does well, there is no guarantee he's resign so I have some questions about getting rid of Duke..
We have RFA rights to Hunt for next season.

I was not aware of that, thanks for the info.. in that case, maybe Duke would be a little more trade ready. Again, once Hunt is with the team.

There would be strong interest in Duke.. no question about it.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
O
Legend
Legend
O
.... anyway....

I don't think the whole "Duke will be traded" thing is so far off the mark. It just won't happen until it has to, though (think years, not weeks/months). Unless we get blown away by a trade offer (which isn't out of the realm of possibility... Duke's contract is easy to take on, and his talent is undeniable). Can easily see a team that's loading up for a run and could benefit greatly from a complementary back like the Duke.
But barring a team coveting him like that, Duke is here for at least another year or two before Dorsey has to do anything. I don't think there are enough touches to go around to satisfy Chubb, Hunt, and Duke... in addition to the WRs... so that's why I say that the Duke trade talk isn't all that overblown to me... just premature.

I will say one thing, though. Once Hunt is on the field, I wouldn't mind seeing that Duke Johnson WR experiment he was talking about for a little bit. I'd rather that than have his talent riding the pine.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
E
Legend
Legend
E

My guess is Duke will be traded. He has more value. And that trade may come sooner rather than later.

If the suspension comes down and it 3 or 4 games. Hilliard may be the third guy and Duke traded in a package deal. Duke plus draft picks to get somebody.

Sorry Bone don't see that happening. Of course I could be wrong. But not this season. I've said it several times but Duke can provide impact as a WR well not can but "HAS" and will continue to do so.

Hunt coming here is him replacing Hilliard not Duke.
Replacing Duke is not an upgrade especially considering Hunt's past of immaturity. You add all the variables and Hunt is not an Upgrade on Duke.

But you take the replacing Hilliard as the result. You are talking about a tremendous UPGRADE for the team.

Again that Formation with Baker in Shotgun (3 yards from the center) and Chubb 2 yards behind Baker and Duke 1 yard back and left of Baker, Hunt on the other side mirroring Duke.

I see this becoming a formation and a OC's dream to experiment and the plays are endless. It didn't quite work with great success with Hilliard in it. But with Hunt instead of Hilliard. We will do quite well with it and I think it has possibilities of being our Base O???

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
eotab #1593868 02/19/19 11:29 AM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

Dorsey IMO didn't take the Hunt PR story on for nothing. He knows Hunt. He had the research done.

He didn't bring Hunt to Cleveland with the idea he won't play.

Duke is under a friendly contract. He is only 25. His touches went down as the season moved along.

There are only so many touches. Chubb is the lead dog. Once Hunt's suspension is announced the decision on Duke will be made.

The decision to sign Hunt was made partly with the idea to use Duke as trade capital. Use him to address another position.

I don't see them keeping Duke, Hunt, and Chubb. I think they like Hilliard as insurance. Duke is too valuable to sit behind Hunt.

There is no reason to believe that Hunt will step out of line. Why would he? Way to much on the line.

If the suspension is over 8 games then maybe Duke stays for the year. In any event he will gone between now and next year.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Who said Hunt won't play... Just saying it doesn't really upgrade the Browns with him taking the place of Duke and Hilliard staying.

Just stating one thing. Hunt replacing Hilliard not Duke makes the Browns different and much better.

Duke's friendly contract is another reason to keep him here.

Hunts suspension just that alone makes us ridding ourselves of Duke not a smart move. I wouldn't advise you to bet on that prediction.

Hunt still has to EARN his way onto our roster and getting reps. He has to prove he has matured.

Just don't see Duke gone like you say he is.

Doesn't make sense nor makes the Browns better. You keep Hilliard on board but not Duke???

Sorry Bone ya missed the boat on this one. jmho and nothing more.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

eotab #1593878 02/19/19 12:11 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Hunt replacing Duke in and of itself would be a huge upgrade.

Duke's contract isn't terrible. But after guaranteed money it's still over 8 mil. for three years. That's close to 3 mil per season.

I don't believe Duke will be gone unless they extend Hunts contract. But if and when they do, with both Chubb and Hunt, paying almost 3 mil a year for your third RB doesn't make sense from a salary cap standpoint.

Now if Duke can move to WR that may be a different scenario. But that remains to be seen. It's not that I don't like Duke as a player. I would just like for someone to show me an example of another NFL team who pays their third RB almost three million a season. I don't think there is one.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

Duke is not moving to slot receiver.

We shall see how it plays out.

Duke is not Hunt.

When asked about Duke being expendable he stated "not yet".

Let see what he says when they announce what Hunt's suspension is? He will say thanks and good luck.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't think will "find a new position" at this point in his career either. Just throwing a few Dawgs a bone. wink

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I would keep all three and let Duke play the slot WR like he likes to play. I could even see plays where all three are on the field at the same time creating total chaos. That is a lot of shiftiness to cover out in space.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Hunt replacing Duke in and of itself would be a huge upgrade.

Why does that not surprise me...lol laugh

I said what I said and don't wish to be redundant. If anyone wishes to talk football with me. Its about making the team better. What ever you think -huge upgrade. Don't agree but the fact is this.

Chubb, Duke & Hunt or Chubb, Hilliard & Hunt.

I'll take option #1 all day long!

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Legend
Legend
FWIW: I think it is equally likely that Hunt is an April bargaining chip for a big trade up as it is he plays for us in August and beyond. It is exactly the sort of master stroke that this front office sees as opportunity to get better. No risk, all reward.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

eotab #1594272 02/20/19 12:42 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
It's just a fact Tab. How much cap space do you think a team will tie up in this day and age at the RB position? That's the "football part" you keep ignoring. Once again, do you think in today's NFL a team is willing to pay their "3rd RB on the depth chart" almost 3 mil. per season?

Duke is certainly safe this year with the looming suspension of Hunt. But, IF Hunt is signed to a long term contract, Duke is most likely gone. Why? NFL teams don't pay the third RB on their depth chart almost 3 mil. per season.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
FACT? come on Pit...Duke has a very Browns friendly contract. 3 mil with all bonuses cap hit.

Chubb 1.6 mil cap hit.

Hunt .975 mil cap hit.

So talking about 5.5 mil for this RB position cap hit...OH NO WE ARE DOOMED and it hanicaps us crazy

come on Pit. Zeke Elliot is just under 8.mil in cap hit alone.
So we are not a big deal in cap hit that you say I'm ignoring.

How much cap space do I think a team will tie up in this day and age.

I think if you tell every team they have Chubb, Duke and Hunt for under 6 mil they would dance in the streets.

So you are trying to somehow school me with a MADE UP NARRATIVE of keeping Duke puts us in this terrible expenditure for the entire RB position.

You actually should do your homework before you try to Miss Lead all that I've painted myself in a corner and once again you are the smartest guy in the room.. rofl

Give it up Pit.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

eotab #1594668 02/21/19 01:09 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
No, your reading comprehension is just poor.

I said that Duke would be safe this year. For all of the reasons you mentioned. But if Hunt pans out, in 2020 his cap hit will be MUCH larger. That's when you don't pay your 3rd string RB almost 3 mil.

And it's funny how you avoided the question. Let's try again shall we?

Please name an NFL team that pays their 3rd string RB almost 3 mil.

Good luck with that.

#gmstrong
L
Legend
Legend
L
I agree, Duke is safe this year. I think it depends on if Dorsey views Hunt as a long term guy, or just a guy that he can use to get more draft capital. Either way I'm fine with because I like chubb. But chubb and hunt are a formidable duo and both could carry the load if needed

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
J
All Pro
All Pro
J
to be honest i can see duke and hunt being trade options for future draft picks

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: jacksondawg
to be honest i can see duke and hunt being trade options for future draft picks

I could see Duke being traded at some point .... but if Hunt stays away from trouble, why would we trade him? We would have an affordable and dangerous RB duo ... quite possibly the best in the NFL. That's not something you break up.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, well not so quick.

Hunt is cheap THIS year. By all accounts he will be suspended for a portion of this year. We only have him on a one year deal.

At the end of this season, Hunt won't be cheap anymore. That's when real decisions have to be made. But common sense dictates a choice will certainly be made at that point. If we sign Hunt to a long term deal every ounce of common sense says Duke will be gone at that point.

Dorsey drafted both Hunt and Chubb. Dorsey has no ties to Duke. With a big contract signed by Hunt, no NFL team is going to pay their third string RB almost 3mil.

I know Tab wants to keep fighting about it but the writing is obviously on the wall at that point.

#gmstrong
L
Legend
Legend
L
don't we technically control hunt next year too since he will only be an RFA?

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
Depending on the length of his suspension, Hunt will be either a ERFA or an RFA. A 1st round RFA tender in 2018 was around $4 million. Very affordable for a player of Hunt's ability. If he remains an ERFA, he would get a far more modest amount.

I think that if he gets through this year without issue, the Browns could try and work out a long term deal with him after this season, and if they don't come to an agreement, then he's an RFA. No big deal.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't really see how any of that changes anything I posted.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Yep we'd be able to keep all 3 next year and 3 more just like them for less than somebody is going to pay Leveon Bell this year.

It would be stupid to get rid of a weapon like Duke in the next two years unless we got something equally valuable in return for him.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
No, your reading comprehension is just poor.

I said that Duke would be safe this year. For all of the reasons you mentioned. But if Hunt pans out, in 2020 his cap hit will be MUCH larger. That's when you don't pay your 3rd string RB almost 3 mil.

And it's funny how you avoided the question. Let's try again shall we?

Please name an NFL team that pays their 3rd string RB almost 3 mil.

Good luck with that.

Quite frankly I don't respect your football enough to believe you are the guy who determines our depth chart.

I see you totally ignored the fact that our RBs Duke, Chubb and Hunt add up to a cap hit of less than 6 mil when you clearly stated that it was going to be much much more and an unheard of amount.

Now you change it to your made up fantasy of the 3rd string RB... rofl

Show me where he is named as our 3rd string RB? I apologize as I actually try to deal with FACTS not your made up stuff to make you look like the smartest guy in the room. rolleyes

It's just a fact Tab. How much cap space do you think a team will tie up in this day and age at the RB position? That's the "football part" you keep ignoring.

As you can see I did not ignore it and gave a detailed answer to your Question. You were way off base and out of ignorance didn't respond to what I showed you. A RB position for the team to be well within the norm of what an NFL team would have it at.

Then along with the quote above you did state your made up FACT of 3 mil for a 3rd string RB.

Made up. Because I see Duke producing in the Run game but also in the Air game.

I'll just take our Division.

Steelers depth chart of 3rd string RB. Steven Ridley and Trey Edmunds.

Ridley: 80 yards rushing and 3 receptions. 2 lost fumbles.1 rushing TD

Edmunds: 0 rushes, 0 Receptions.

Ravens
Ty Montgomery: 83 yds rushing 0 TD, 10 receptions 65 yds 0 TDs.

Bengals
Mark Walton: 34 yds rushing 0 TD, 5 receptions 41 yds 0 TD

Duke: 201 yds rushing 0 TD, 47 receptions 429 yard 3 TD.

But to you he is a 3rd string RB.

He will he has slowly showed impact more to the Air game and that still will go on. You can make up some fantasy narrative to make you look like the smartest guy in the room.

But he will provide impact to this team and nothing of the sort resembling a "3rd String RB"

So stop making stuff up and say "FACT" you really don't know what you are talking about do you... crazy

The football part...lol laugh you didn't really say that all you did was ignore my discussion towards your football part. And then grasping for straws make up a fact that he is a 3rd stringer and who would pay a 3rd stringer 3 mil.

Prove it that he is a 3rd stringer. What remotely beckons you to state he will put up Statistics and impact for the Browns that a NORMAL 3rd string RB would. smh Just say you are wrong and lets leave it alone. I won't bring it up to make you look bad, we will forget about it OK?

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

eotab #1594926 02/22/19 11:47 AM
P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't really care if a homer doesn't respect my football. Those who I respect on this board do respect my football breakdowns. You are not among those.

It's very simple. If Hunt is re-singed he will make in the neighborhood of four million dollars. He and Chubb will be the feature backs, not Duke. That will make Duke third on the depth chart. Nobody pays the RB that's third on the depth chart almost 3 mil. It's just not done in the NFL.

Dorsey has zero ties to Duke and didn't draft him. Unless Duke is moved to WR, which I find very doubtful as he's been in the league for four years and will be entering his 5th NFL season, he will be expendable.

I'm sorry you can't do the math on this one. The feelings we have for each other is mutual so you can quit trying to pat yourself on the back. Of course if anyone is going to do it, it will have to be you.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
Yada yada yada, where's the beef. smh

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Please, both of you, cease and desist with the bickering. It adds nothing to the thread...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm not making the silly argument that an NFL team will pay the RB that's 3rd on the depth chart almost 3 mil.

I mean even John Dosey wouldn't commit to Duke long term. Here's what he said.....

John Dorsey: Duke Johnson not expendable “yet”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/11/john-dorsey-says-duke-johnson-not-expendable-yet/

What a glowing endorsement.

wink

#gmstrong
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
When the Browns have been at their best, They have had 2 powerful running backs. Brown/Green .. Kelly/Green .. Byner/Mack. I'm not ignoring Bernie, or Frank Ryan, but none of those duos had a QB who could do the things Mayfield can. And none of those duos had a number 3 behind them like Duke. I know that Kelly played as the #3 behind Brown/Green in his rookie year, but Duke is more proven now than Kelly was at that time. I am happy with what the running back position brings to the table.

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Halfback32
When the Browns have been at their best, They have had 2 powerful running backs. Brown/Green .. Kelly/Green .. Byner/Mack. I'm not ignoring Bernie, or Frank Ryan, but none of those duos had a QB who could do the things Mayfield can. And none of those duos had a number 3 behind them like Duke. I know that Kelly played as the #3 behind Brown/Green in his rookie year, but Duke is more proven now than Kelly was at that time. I am happy with what the running back position brings to the table.

You forgot Pruitt and Pruitt wink

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend

Kitchens: Hunt can do 'most good' in Cleveland

4:08 PM ET
Pat McManamon
ESPN Staff Writer

Kareem Hunt may be able to do "the most good" returning to the field in his hometown, Cleveland Browns coach Freddie Kitchens said at the NFL combine on Wednesday.

The Browns signed Hunt a few months after a video from February 2018 was released that showed him shoving and kicking a woman during an early-morning altercation outside his downtown Cleveland residence.

The video, and the fact that Hunt had lied about it, prompted the Kansas City Chiefs to release the running back.

"Kareem has to be willing, has to show remorse and be willing to make a change," Kitchens told the media at the combine in Indianapolis. "And he's shown us that. It could be in Kansas City, Cleveland, that doesn't matter.

"In a lot of ways, you know, it's more important for Kareem to make those advances and to evolve into a better person in his hometown. That's where he's going to do the most good.

"There's some good that can come out of this. We never justify anything that's happened. But there's some good that can come out of this if he keeps evolving and keeps doing the things he's supposed to do to become a better person. And we'll worry about the football stuff later. But right now we're in the Kareem Hunt business of making him a better person."

Hunt, who grew up in Willoughby, outside Cleveland, signed a one-year contract with the Browns on Feb. 12.

He faces a significant suspension from the NFL for violating its personal conduct policy. He remains on the commissioner's exempt list.

Hunt's family in the Cleveland area has had its share of legal issues. His father was arrested in January and charged with selling crack cocaine, according to Cleveland.com. USA Today reported in December that Hunt's father has been arrested at least 35 times and has been sentenced to prison terms for drug-related offenses.

He also has been arrested on charges of domestic violence, and Hunt's mother, brother and stepfather have also been arrested and convicted for various offenses, including cocaine possession and drug trafficking, USA Today reported.

The Browns said Hunt sought counseling before they signed him, and he has committed to continue with counseling in the future. Kitchens said over and over that Hunt has told him he's "remorseful" about what happened.

"Now it's our job to move forward and support him and get him to a place as an individual and as a person to give him the opportunity, a second chance, per se," Kitchen said. "The second chance is not now. He's got a lot of work to do between now and that time the second chance comes. We'll see how that goes. Right now we're day to day and just trying ... to offer him support where he needs to become a better person to get him eventually on the field."

Kitchens said that Nick Chubb is the Browns' primary running back. He also acknowledged that the decision to sign Hunt might not be "accepted in a positive nature" by everyone.

"But in saying that, it's those issues that you can have the biggest growth too," Kitchens said. "Let's don't forget that this is a people business and we're in the people-building business and then we'll get to the football later. But our foremost thing right now for Kareem Hunt is to offer him support to be the man that he wants to be, and that's where we're at."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26094824/kitchens-hunt-do-most-good-cleveland

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
FATE #1599317 03/07/19 01:03 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

Does anyone know when a ruling on Hunt's suspension is scheduled to be made?

M
Legend
Legend
M

Does anyone know when a ruling on Hunt's suspension is scheduled to be made?

Has Goodell even removed Hunt from the Commissioner's Exempt List?

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
I would imagine that it would be in July.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend

I have no idea about the whole process.

I would think that given this case and the time that has passed that there is plenty of time to come to some ruling?

The Browns should not be penalized for the signing by the commissioner's office. An answer allows us to make roster decisions.

Legend
Legend
I thought I had seen something around the time we signed him that there was a hope/expectation that we would have something from the Commish before Free Agency opens.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Hunt The Player

Link Copied to Clipboard