Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Tyler_Derden
QB is by far most worrisome to me.....just bc of how snake-bitten this franchise seems to be..

Oddly, QB is the one position I'm not really concerned with... I'm still wanting more help on the DL.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I'm still very concerned about the OL. I remember the year we lost Schwartz and Mack and the entire team imploded. When the dam is busted, it doesn't matter what weapons you have. At least with S & LB, if there's a lot of pressure on the QB, they'll look better than they are. On pass plays anyway.

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: CalDawg
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg
LB and safety

^This.

K isn’t on this.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I'm worried about LB and CB.

P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

I'm not as concerned about the OL as some seem to be. I'm confident that a plan is in place and we're prepared to fill the hole left by Zeitler with Corbett. When it comes to depth, and even a spot starter due to injury on the interior, I think we're in pretty good shape. I'm not as worried about the LT position as some are. I'm one of I think only two posters on this board that saw Harrison as super talent that was just very raw and needed to develop and add some strength. As much as many doubt it, I think the long term plan there will end up being Harrison. Baker and the system we're running with the weapons we have is going to help your OL look better than they really are. Buying time in the pocket and having the weapons so your opponent can't be throwing 8 man fronts at you make more of a difference than it seems some people understand.

Kicker also doesn't worry me as much as it seems to worry some. As has been pointed out on this board already, even Dawson didn't look great early on. To me that doesn't mean Joseph is a lock to be great, but you can find a kicker late in the draft. You certainly need a dependable kicker but we're not talking the QB position here in terms of difficulty to address.

The two spots at the top of my list would be CB and LB. We need someone opposite of Ward that is a good man cover guy. And I'm not as concentrated on the LB position because I don't feel we have a terrible weakness there. It's not a strength by any means but at the same time it's not like we have some huge hole there.

With the talent we have in place my position is pretty much as it always has been. Only now we're much closer at having the required talent that would make any team feel they can compete. My position is any time you can make a move to upgrade any position on your 53 man roster, you make that move. I'm also one who knows you can't build Rome in a day. And while you can't do that, Dorsey has came damned close to doing it.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
As of today, S, DB and LB in that order for me.

Ward's injury/concussion history are of concern. Hopefully, this past season was a one-off and he stays healthy, because he is a tremendous player. It'd be a tough blow to lose him.

L
Legend
Legend
L
with as deep as this draft is in db, i'm taking a couple atleast. I think ward is out of football in the next year or two..he's just not built for it. Concussions aren't anything to mess with. I still think S and LB are biggest need. guess reports are Dorsey has reached out to reps for Berry and Boston

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
C
Chilly Offline OP
Rookie
OP Offline
Rookie
C
I KNOW!!!!! The same here. Which is killing me. I want Baker to have the durability of Favre and Brady but I know how the Gods just love screwing Browns fans. Its almost like having a great car but you don't want to get it dirty or park on the street.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Get over it Chilly.

You sound like a youthful Dawg.

I am a old Dawg. Maybe we can work together....the Browns CAN dominate....you can share you youthful exuberance, I can share my wisdom.

It's a good combination that helps both.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
E
Legend
Legend
E
Can't have enough Edge Rushers and CBs...2 of the 4 Rare commodities. QB, LT are singular positions and not rotational. But Edge Rusher and Cover Corners the other two rare commodities are rotational or in the case of Cover Corners there can be 5 eligible WRs on the field at one time. So you need 5 solid Cover Corners and you have a big time advantage over other teams.

Right now we got two in my eyes and they will start. Mitchell and Ward. We have to add 1 more and then you are getting into your Nickel and Dime units which could have Safeties who can cover along with a LB that can cover to make up the 5!

But you need at least 3 and the 4th n 5th are needed in case of injuries!

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawg Duty
I'm worried about LB and CB.

So? The thread started with a discussion about kickers. Stalk much?

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
Two kickers. Phil for anything under 45, Joseph for the longer one. Unless there's a blizzard and it's from 48 yards or so, in the swirling, cold winds of Lake Erie, cuz we'd need Phil for that one.

That is a waste of a roster spot.

But is it though?

How many NFL games were decided by the FG kicker last year?

How many were decided by a 3rd string offensive lineman?

Hmmmmmm.....

yebat' Putin
L
Legend
Legend
L
exactly.
Bring Phil home! And I'm serious. We need a reliable kicker for the PAs and shorter field goals.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend
We won't be kicking many, if any, from outside of 40 and I'd wager solid money that there is still not a kicker in the NFL that knows the winds and the field in CBS better than Phil Dawson.

#bringhimhome

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I love Phil, but he is very old and doesn't have the leg anymore.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Joseph doesn't even have that strong of a leg does he? How many times last year did we punt when we had a 50-57 yard try lined up. It seems to me that this happened like twice a game...

I love Dawson but he was only 5/8 last year before being replaced by Zane...

I think it would be worth using a 5th or 6th rounder on a kicker. Cole Tracy, K, LSU seems like the best prospect in the draft at this point.

Cleveland Browns, Space Browns
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
We won't be kicking many, if any, from outside of 40 and I'd wager solid money that there is still not a kicker in the NFL that knows the winds and the field in CBS better than Phil Dawson.

#bringhimhome

only extra points this year hehehe all we will be doing...

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
L
Legend
Legend
L
Yeah but 32-yard PAs would be automatic with Phil. Remember Zane and what's his face who replaced him, when converts were nail-biting moments?

gmstrong

-----------------

L
Legend
Legend
L
I'm kinda joking, but not really.

gmstrong

-----------------

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Anyone else remember that the comedian Martin Mull (A huge Browns fan from North Ridgeville) used to go out and kick FG's? On his birthday he would go out and kick his age in yards ever year.

Martin Mull is like 75 years old now.

I'm just sayin...

V
Legend
Legend
V
Damn. I'm old!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Damn. I'm old!

We both are!

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DeputyDawg
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Damn. I'm old!

We both are!

Me too .... just not as old as you guys are. rofl (I think)

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
L
Legend
Legend
L
Martin Mull is a straight up beast.

gmstrong

-----------------

Legend
Legend
We gotta get that guy!

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend

What Me Worry?

Ain't worried about a thing.

Dorsey has my back.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Lol!

Jokes aside, I'm sure we'll see a kicker in here for camp, but I'm not so sure I'd write him off as our kicker for 2019. He actually has a very strong leg. He'll probably be given a shot to win the job.

T
Legend
Legend
T
I know who Martin Mull is. Where am I?

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum The one position that is most worrisome

Link Copied to Clipboard