Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
E
Legend
Legend
E
In a nut shell... Hunt was still young in his mistakes and they are pretty incidental compared with Rice's sucker punch of his Fiance. Or was it his wife???

Anyway I'm a big believer in sticking with somebody who can take control of their lives and do not repeat the mistakes of the past. He doesn't seem to have anything habitual, I don't think he's an Alcoholic but it seems his mistakes have been when he is under the influence of Alcohol. If we can remember our college days at least for me there were no intense cameras for these actions to be caught in action. So many can be deemed equal to or worse. And although no Angel I was not the worst.

I think he can mature. In many cases if they meet the right woman and get married it changes them almost over night!

I am not too worried about Hunt. But I can't wait for the Players new agreement to have all suspensions under supervision of the team including working out with the team. Sending him off without the ability to have any contact with the team which usually is the best Support unit that they have. I thought it was always a stupid rule.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Can someone clarify exactly what "...he's left the door open..." means?

I'm guessing it means he's not going to make an announcement yet and will hope people forget about it due to the next "crisis"/crazy story/mega trade. Maybe that means he's going to let Hunt stick around unless public pressure mounts. Any announcement would have its detractors, so he's probably trying to slip it under the radar.

Or he might have more hoops for Hunt to jump through to be allowed to hang around.

It's hard to say.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
eotab #1607837 03/27/19 07:11 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: eotab
I don't think he's an Alcoholic but it seems his mistakes have been when he is under the influence of Alcohol.
jmho
There's a saying in AA (one of many); "If your drinking causes problems, you have a drinking problem." I'm not saying he is an alcoholic, but if drinking is a common thread in his misbehavior, it is something he and those offering him guidance should address.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
E
Legend
Legend
E
My use of the term alcoholic is primarily to signify that he is going to be able to Improve his Faulty character, if he was an Alcoholic then he won't stand much of a chance to control his behavior.

That was sort of what I was suggesting there.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Can you imagine not only Chubb and Duke but freaking Kareem Hunt in the backfield??????

AMAZING!

John Dorsey is a GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nick Chubb:

Duke Johnson:

and...

Kareem Hunt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXvLeE0UGyY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tZrsIwERBQ&t=99s

E
Legend
Legend
E
Duke highlights. 4 runs, the rest as a Receiver: Hmmm makes ya wonder. Well I've been claiming, you all can wonder...lol laugh

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

eotab #1608319 03/29/19 11:11 AM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

Watching that.... I enjoyed the Johnny moments... I hope he catches on and pans out somewhere. Wishing him the best.

Legend
Legend
j/c:

Hunt, the person:

'Freddie Kitchens, John Dorsey attend Kareem Hunt’s baptism on Sunday'

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/05...-on-sunday.html

P.S. I hope he's sincere. If so, this is definitely a step in the right direction.

Legend
Legend
I think that this is the sort of thing Kitchens was talking about when he said that Hunt has things he can learn from Chubb, too.

Chubb is such an old school, throwback, "Sir/Ma'am, Please/Thank you" kinda guy with such a strong work ethic and sense of morals and manners... there is a LOT a guy like Hunt can learn from Chubb in the way of "what sort of person do you want to be?" and "how are you going to conduct yourself?"... and that sort of maturation flows back to football and the way you approach life and the game.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: 3rd_and_20
j/c:

Hunt, the person:

P.S. I hope he's sincere. If so, this is definitely a step in the right direction.

I wish someone would have told him he could have been instantly absolved for his ridiculousness and stupidity if he had just jumped into Lake Erie in June. It's clearly worked before.

Tackles are tackles.
P
Legend
Legend
P
And..... there it is. Some people just can't leave it alone. Then it becomes everyone elses fault.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
your schtick is getting old. you oughtta move on.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
And..... there it is. Some people just can't leave it alone. Then it becomes everyone elses fault.

Some people get so triggered. It's too bad.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: keithfromxenia
your schtick is getting old. you oughtta move on.

Feel free to place me on ignore.

Tackles are tackles.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

Some people get so triggered. It's too bad.

And some people spend their time trying to trigger others like it's their favorite past time. The longer things go on the more people see your agenda and lack of being able to let things go. They make medication for that.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
You might want to go check your post activity in a certain thread and reconsider your "letting things go" comment.

Weren't you in that search count excercise?

The situation is similar regarding Hunt's desire to be reborn and forget all of his poor decision-making. And making a joke about a ridiuclous ritual for either person was the point. So, yes, you're triggered again.

Tackles are tackles.
V
Legend
Legend
V
I don't go to church and I am not religious, but I think Hunt turning towards the church is a really good thing. It shows he is trying to turn his life around. Surrounding himself w/good people is important.

I also think that it's a great thing to see that Dorsey and Freddie attended. It's promoting a caring, family atmosphere.

I may be hokey for thinking these things, but I see this as a positive story.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Ignore him, Pit. Don't give him what he wants.

P
Legend
Legend
P
No, I just know pathetic when I see it.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c
Pretty easy at times, to push buttons on here... rofl

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Legend
Legend
j/c:

Hunt, the person:

Freddie Kitchens, John Dorsey show Kareem Hunt they support him as a person

Kitchens, Dorsey surprise Hunt at his baptism Sunday

https://923thefan.radio.com/articles/freddie-kitchens-john-dorsey-support-kareem-hunt-person

Rocky River, Ohio (92.3 The Fan) – Cleveland Browns general manager John Dorsey and head coach Freddie Kitchens surprised Kareem Hunt Sunday.

They wanted to be there to support Hunt at his baptism.

“We care about Kareem as a person,” Kitchens said Monday at the 20th annual Browns Foundation golf outing held at Westwood Country Club. “We went there for Kareem Hunt as the person and not the football player. The thing we did yesterday was not about football at all, it was about Kareem as the person.”

Hunt’s agent Dan Saffron posted a picture of Hunt standing with Dorsey and Kitchens on Instagram after the ceremony.

From the moment the Browns signed Hunt both Dorsey and Kitchens have both said that they wanted to help Hunt as a person first and foremost with his football talent coming second.

Showing up Sunday was a way of showing Hunt that actions speak louder than words.

“I care about Kareem Hunt 50 years from now,” Kitchens said. “What’s going to make him have a better chance at succeeding in his life 50 years from now? And that’s not lip service from me and that’s not lip service from John Dorsey. So, from time to time you have to show that. But to show that, you’re showing it for the person again. You’re not showing it to prove a point or anything. We showed up to support him as a person.”

Helping Hunt rehabilitate as a man is the No. 1 priority of Kitchens and Dorsey, who are all in on the troubled running back.

Football comes second.

“That’s the way I have always approached coaching even at Mississippi State or North Texas or wherever I have been,” Kitchens said. “It’s always been about the person. I feel like John is the same way.”

According to Dorsey and Kitchens, Hunt has been a model citizen since signing for the league minimum in February.

Hunt, who has been suspended by the NFL for the first eight games of the upcoming season for his off-the-field behavior, has checked all the boxes to reestablish his public image since that infamous video in February 2018 of him pushing and kicking a woman in the hallway outside of his residence at the Metropolitan at The 9 which, when it became public, led to his release from the Chiefs surface in late November of last year.

He has apologized, is attending counseling twice a week, is doing community service and has also found his faith.

“Kareem understands the things that have happened happened, and nobody's going to dispute that,” Kitchens said. “But he also understands it's a new day for you, it's a new day for me every time we week up, and you either get better or you get worse during the course of that day. Kareem understands that and he's doing a good job of just staying in the moment and continuing to strive to get better and making good choices each and every day.

“I think [Sunday] was just another step for him to do that.”

Kitchens has come to admire Hunt’s willingness to tell his story to kids. And not the one about how he led the NFL in rushing as a rookie either.

“One of the most one of the truest forms of bravery is showing your scars,” Kitchens said. “You show your scars so people don’t make the same mistakes that you make. And Kareem has done an exceptional job of showing his scars out in the public and some of these schools he’s visited without any advertisement at all. He’s chosen to do that to sorta show his scars so maybe some of the other kids don’t make the same [ones].”

Redemption stories are always hits and the Browns believe they’ve found one in Hunt.

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
C
Legend
Legend
C
j/c:

Hunt, the person:

This is awesome. I feel very uneasy about Hunt being on my team but it is very cool to see him, seemingly genuinely, try to get on the right track with the support of John Dorsey and Freddie Kitchens. I commend all who are involved.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Good for him "With God All Things Are Possible" thumbsup

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
The more I hear Freddie speak, the more sure I am that he's a good guy.

I think that the players realize that as well. Not in an "I'm going to walk all over him" way, but in a "I'll not only run through a wall for him, but through 2 semi trailers, and the wall on the other side of the road as well".

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
A
Legend
Legend
A
I don't feel it's hokey at all to feel that way.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
Good for him "With God All Things Are Possible" thumbsup

Amen!

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I hope he does turn his life around. I hope he is a great player for the Browns too. Personally, I would not have signed him. But I'm old-school. I find what he did reprehensible. If from now on he keeps his nose clean and his stuff together then I guess it's fine. As a player, he's a top-five running back. How they will get Hunt AND Chub enough carries is a real question...

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
The more I hear Freddie speak, the more sure I am that he's a good guy.

I think that the players realize that as well. Not in an "I'm going to walk all over him" way, but in a "I'll not only run through a wall for him, but through 2 semi trailers, and the wall on the other side of the road as well".

I hope so. I hope he is the right coach for this team. I know we let a coach go that won 7 games and had us playing good football. So he BETTER be the right guy smile He does seem to be a really nice guy. That can be either good or bad. Schrödinger's cat... Time will tell.

ALL eyes are on Cleveland rght now. That's a lot of pressure.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
Travis Kelce: It ripped our hearts out to lose Kareem Hunt

Charean Williams,ProFootball Talk on NBC Sports 10 hours ago

Kareem Hunt and Travis Kelce both grew up in the Cleveland area. They were teammates in Kansas City for 27 games and have remained in touch since the Chiefs waived the running back last season.

Kelce will miss Hunt. He also will root for Hunt.

And Kelce expects Hunt to be the same player he was in Kansas City when he won the rushing title in 2017 and ran for 824 yards in 11 games last season.

“He’s an unbelievable player,” Kelce said before Jarvis Landry‘s celebrity softball game in Eastlake, Ohio, via Mary Kay Cabot of cleveland.com. “It ripped our hearts out when he got released from Kansas City, but to see him get another chance, I would hope, and I would think he’s going to make the absolute most of it.”

The Chiefs cut Hunt after a video surfaced showing Hunt showing and kicking a woman. The Browns signed him in February, but Hunt will have to serve an eight-game suspension before he makes his Cleveland debut.

Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield talked to Kelce and Patrick Mahomes about Hunt, Kelce said Saturday.

“The biggest thing was as much as you try to stay away from the actual situation that happened, Kareem has been nothing but a good friend and a good teammate,’’ Kelce said. “He’s been in the community trying to make a difference in other people’s lives. That’s what’s real. Everyone has things that go wrong in their lives. It’s how you come out of those situations that determine your true character. I think I’ll just leave it as that. What we said is true. Kareem, I hope he makes the best of his situation.”

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/travis-kelce-ripped-hearts-lose-015942590.html

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
From a football perspective, their loss is our gain.

Our backfield is outstanding, probably the best in the league. I like the dynamics also. Too many times we see teams that have a great young back like Chubb, and they run him into the ground. Young backs can handle it for a while but it catches up to them.

It's better to have another great young talent to split the workload up. It's good for Chubb because he can stay fresh for longer... that means (hopefully) deep into the playoffs, but also on a year-to-year basis; it'll probably help him get bigger money in his second contract.

It's good for Hunt because he might still be out of a job if it weren't for the Browns willing to take a chance on him. He can rehabilitate his image and show he's still a great player in this league. He still has a bright future as long as he doesn't have any repeats of last off-season.

And of course it's nice for the Browns to have 2 great young backs to lean on. I know we all want a fine-tuned juggernaut in week 1 but we still have a young quarterback and new offense. It's going to take some time to gel and to be able to lean on a great back or two is a nice luxury to have.

Haus #1633028 06/16/19 01:59 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Haus
It's good for Hunt because he might still be out of a job if it weren't for the Browns willing to take a chance on him.

If I remember correctly, both Chicago and Kansas City approached him the same time we did.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg
It's good for Hunt because he might still be out of a job if it weren't for the Browns willing to take a chance on him.

If I remember correctly, both Chicago and Kansas City approached him the same time we did.

Which is strange .. because KC knee jerked cut him.

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
Haus #1633041 06/16/19 03:26 PM
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
It's strange. I find myself pretending Hunt is not even on the team. A lot of things can happen in 2 months (A LOT):

- The Chubb/Hilliard combo might light it up, and we won't want to mess with it too much.

- The Chubb/Duke combo likewise.

- Chubb might get injured early, and we'll have to bring in someone else to help Hilliard or Duke.

- Hunt might have another off-field issue.

- D'Ernest or Trayvone might come out of the woodwork somehow (ST?) and be a larger part of our offense.

- Maybe we trade him (I don't know the appropriate dates) - once eligible - for a player at a different position for which we are in dire need at the time.

Etc.....

Too many variables. I choose to pretend he's not going to help us at all. If he gets on the field in 2 months, and we have a healthy Chubb/Hunt/Hilliard backfield, then that will be icing.

It's hard to imagine a Chubb/Hunt backfield going into the future after this season.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Halfback32
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg

Which is strange .. because KC knee jerked cut him.

This is what I found:

Link

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Dorsey didn't sign Hunt for an 8 game rental. That makes absolutely no sense. The Browns retain his rights, he will be a restricted FA at the end of this season. What Dorsey and the Browns' have done to help him rehabilitate his career creates a huge incentive for him to remain in Cleveland.

I'd be interested to hear your scenario where he's out of Cleveland after this season.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Just a hunch, an opinion. Nothing more.

Like I said, if we go into November and December with a healthy backfield of Chubb/Hunt/(whomever), that would be the icing.

If that's the case, I suspect Dorsey wouldn't hesitant to pull the trigger on a trade in the offseason that would net us a position of need at some point. He's not been hesitant to do this so far.

Anyway, no specific scenario. Just interesting to speculate at the slow time of the year.

Here's to hoping we find a way to have the most potent backfield in the AFCN for the next few years!

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: AZBrown
It's strange. I find myself pretending Hunt is not even on the team. A lot of things can happen in 2 months (A LOT):

- The Chubb/Hilliard combo might light it up, and we won't want to mess with it too much.

- The Chubb/Duke combo likewise.

- Chubb might get injured early, and we'll have to bring in someone else to help Hilliard or Duke.

- Hunt might have another off-field issue.

- D'Ernest or Trayvone might come out of the woodwork somehow (ST?) and be a larger part of our offense.

- Maybe we trade him (I don't know the appropriate dates) - once eligible - for a player at a different position for which we are in dire need at the time.

Etc.....

Too many variables. I choose to pretend he's not going to help us at all. If he gets on the field in 2 months, and we have a healthy Chubb/Hunt/Hilliard backfield, then that will be icing.

It's hard to imagine a Chubb/Hunt backfield going into the future after this season.

Hunt Is on the team, reagardless of whether you Like it or Not!

Chubb and Hunt are both on the team Now, so if you don't like them being on the team after this season, Maybe Don't Watch!

If and or But? Tell me where anything you said before ended up as you claimed?

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: guard dawg
Dorsey didn't sign Hunt for an 8 game rental. That makes absolutely no sense. The Browns retain his rights, he will be a restricted FA at the end of this season. What Dorsey and the Browns' have done to help him rehabilitate his career creates a huge incentive for him to remain in Cleveland.

I'd be interested to hear your scenario where he's out of Cleveland after this season.

This is a good take, but let's say that Hunt stays out of trouble and Chubb keeps balling. Dorsey can trade one of them for assets. I don't think that will happen, but it's an option.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
LOL, the Browns once traded Bobby Mitchell so I know that it's possible. A deal involving Hunt would have to be very lucrative.

Looking at how the roster is built right now, I see position depth as our only real need. I don't envision trading him for depth. But hey, stranger things have happened.

This is an edit, just read another Pete Smith article on Brownsmaven. He has a "next level" assessment of the potential to move Duke and Hunt. It makes me uncomfortable as a fan but it might make sense if you're managing a roster. I wouldn't do it though.

Brownsmaven

Last edited by guard dawg; 06/17/19 07:16 AM.
E
Legend
Legend
E
I don't expect much from Hunt this season. Considering it won't start for him until we are half way into it. I expect him to be Chubbs backup to give him a blow.

If we get in the playoffs maybe we would see more from him as he should be fresh!

jmho

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Hunt The Player

Link Copied to Clipboard