Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
everytime I get fast food I remind myself Im dealing managers that are overworked and employees that are undertrained.
if they make a error. whatever.
i politely tell them what happened and they
make it correct.
every person thats working at a fast food establishment is trying to make money...pay bills etc.
no different than me.
I can choose to eat it or not.
the other day I went to BW3s.got 12 tenders and Dr.Pepper.
my bill. 13 dollars and change.
Im.never eating their again.
talk about zero.value

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
We probably eat more fast food than we should, no real complaints with any chain. BK has the best sandwich, the chicken parmesan is absolutely delicious. McD’s has the best fries. Wendys the best burger. Nuggets all the same. Tenders McD’s by far. We love Arby’s but they are so expensive, love their mozz sticks, curly fries with a cheddar cup yummy. DQ’s toast is really good.

Wendy’s has $.50 frosty’s right now.

Legend
Legend
I put Burger King's chicken nuggets about a mile below McDonald's or Wendy's.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
I only eat this stuff when I'm pressed for time and can't make something at home.

I rate local 4- and 5-star restaurants against what My Wife can make at home.

BK and me are not boys.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend
Burger King has good breakfast. (Croisanwiches)

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
Gas is certainly more consistent and predictable, but charcoal is an art. Love that extra flavor that charcoal imparts.

To each their own buddy. thumbsup I don't like that extra flavor or smell from charcoal.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
D
Legend
Legend
D
IMO Panera is the food version of Starbucks with bad coffee and muffins ....

I went to both establishments exactly once .... the only difference was at least the hot chocolate and muffin at Starbucks were good .....

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Legend
Legend
I will eat at Sheetz occasionally ... great fries

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
You made me realize, even though I always meant to, I've still never been inside a Panera Bread,

Do they have anything in there except loaves of fancy bread?

The bagels are really good, I bought some for my group at work and they were outstanding.

I love their breadbowls. I get the cheddar broccoli soup and dip their bread in it. Quite tasty

I do not go there very often though

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
I only order a few things from McD's

McChicken is my go too
McNuggets as well.

Everyyyy once in a while ill order a big mac - but im disappointed afterwards as its always nasty.

I go more than I should - maybe 2-3 times a month.

O
2nd String
2nd String
O
Am I the only one that thinks McDonald's McNuggets are nasty?

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Except for KFC, I think most fast food chicken nuggets are nasty.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: ohio1974
Am I the only one that thinks McDonald's McNuggets are nasty?
yes, yes you are. . . .

I don't know of a better mcnugget. and I think the fact that everyone calls them MCnuggetts, when technically that McDonalds twist on the name of Nuggett, says they are the best.

Ever go to a wendys and order McNuggetts? They know what you want. . . rofl

O
2nd String
2nd String
O
The only chicken nugget I eat is Chick-fil-A or homemade.

2nd String
2nd String
I use to shop at Sears when their tools were good. I had been doing yard work and couldn't get my chainsaw to start. The filter was needing to be replaced so I went to Sears to get a new one. I'm in a flannel shirt and work pants that both have years of paint and other stains on them so looked like a little ragged.
I couldn't find the filter I needed so went to the single staff member in that section who was helping a customer. I waited until he was done and as soon as he was done some one came by and walked up to him and he took off with this other guy. He knew I was standing right there because I told him I needed some help as soon as hew was done with the lady he was serving.

I blew a gasket. I let him know that I was there first and was not happy he didn't bother to even ask me what I needed. I went to Customer Service and asked to see the manager. He was the manager, go figure. I asked them how much I owed on my account. They told me, I pulled out my check book and paid it off then told them to close my account. That was 25 years ago and I have never went back. Just so you know, my son worked for Sears at this time in the the electronics section. Sears called me asking why I closed my account I told them, they said they were very sorry and I said "Too bad".

The Constitution shall never be construe to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. – Samuel Adams
O
2nd String
2nd String
O
Quote:
Ever go to a wendys and order McNuggetts?

No I'm not braindead.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Quote:

No I'm not braindead.
wendys nuggest aint bad, the point im making is that most people call chicken nuggets Chicken MC Nuggetts.

When you cut your finger you do you ask for a band-aid or an adhesive bandage?

When you sneeze do you ask for a Kleenex or a facial tissue.

That's the point im making.

I find it hard to believe you have never ordered a "McNuggett" elsewhere while trying to order chicken nuggets.

O
2nd String
2nd String
O
Quote:
I find it hard to believe you have never ordered a "McNuggett" elsewhere while trying to order chicken nuggets.
No I never have have you? saywhat

Quote:
the point im making is that most people call chicken nuggets Chicken MC Nuggetts.
Not on this earth lol.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
On that chainsaw check the rubber hose I your fuel tank. They rot quickly with Ethanol and the saw won't suck fuel.

Back to Chicken McSquirtgets.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

No I'm not braindead.

It's better than ordering their fries.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: Southwestdawg
I use to shop at Sears when their tools were good. I had been doing yard work and couldn't get my chainsaw to start. The filter was needing to be replaced so I went to Sears to get a new one. I'm in a flannel shirt and work pants that both have years of paint and other stains on them so looked like a little ragged.
I couldn't find the filter I needed so went to the single staff member in that section who was helping a customer. I waited until he was done and as soon as he was done some one came by and walked up to him and he took off with this other guy. He knew I was standing right there because I told him I needed some help as soon as hew was done with the lady he was serving.

I blew a gasket. I let him know that I was there first and was not happy he didn't bother to even ask me what I needed. I went to Customer Service and asked to see the manager. He was the manager, go figure. I asked them how much I owed on my account. They told me, I pulled out my check book and paid it off then told them to close my account. That was 25 years ago and I have never went back. Just so you know, my son worked for Sears at this time in the the electronics section. Sears called me asking why I closed my account I told them, they said they were very sorry and I said "Too bad".

Beauty!! sometimes you just have to boycott and make it permanent.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
U
Rookie
Rookie
U
Poor service is getting to be the normal thing with all big business. This comes from the Top people running the companies. They are making the customers do the work instead of their own employees. From McD's and their kiosk ordering to Walmarts / big box stores and their self scan check out (while they pay someone to watch you do it). Non of these places give a crap for the customers. Just separating the money from our hands and making their pockets fatter. I may be ol' fashioned but I believe the customer should come first and not do the work for YOUR employees. If I should have to work in your stores then pay us customers or give us a discount. Tired of this Crap but as consumers, What can we do? We have to buy stuff that is needed. Sorry if this was a little off topic but I thought it falls in line with poor service.

One more thing to add, I get really ticked off when I'm in the drive thru at a fast food place and when I'm at the window they ask me to pull up past the window because they were waiting on getting my fries done. This happened once and I waited 20 min. and had to go inside to get my food because they forgot. From now on I don't do it. They have my money now give me my food. everybody else can wait like me. So I apologize ahead of time, If you are behind me in the drive thru lane and they try to make me pull up. I won't and will wait for my food next to the window every time till I get it.

Last edited by UrbanaDawg; 05/30/19 08:50 PM.
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted By: UrbanaDawg
Poor service is getting to be the normal thing with all big business. This comes from the Top people running the companies. They are making the customers do the work instead of their own employees. From McD's and their kiosk ordering to Walmarts / big box stores and their self scan check out (while they pay someone to watch you do it). Non of these places give a crap for the customers. Just separating the money from our hands and making their pockets fatter. I may be ol' fashioned but I believe the customer should come first and not do the work for YOUR employees. If I should have to work in your stores then pay us customers or give us a discount. Tired of this Crap but as consumers, What can we do? We have to buy stuff that is needed. Sorry if this was a little off topic but I thought it falls in line with poor service.

I am not saying you individually, but we are getting just what we deserve. WE as a country stopped going to locally owned hardware stores, clothing stores etc. Instead we flocked to Wal Mart and Kohls for the cheapest prices. Small stores died out.

Price was king, then we realized service lacked and good luck finding someone who actually knows anything about the product you want to buy.

These small local businesses that supported our schools and organizations no longer exist and the Wal Marts of the world can't replace the assistance and sponsorships the small business owners provided.

A
Legend
Legend
A
You know why McDonalds has self ordering kiosks? It works every day.

Where my wife works they just recently got about a $20 million machine that replaced 30 employees. That company offered the displaced workers jobs in different departments, at the same pay rate. That company has sever difficulty finding employees that can pass drug tests AND show up for work, 40 a week.

Couple of weeks ago I was at my brother's business. He took me on the floor and showed me the latest purchase. Automatic saws, and computer operated sorting, etc. I have no idea what the cost was, though. But, it replaced - on 3 shifts - 9 people on the saw alone. That doesn't include the sorting/stacking.

He didn't get rid of any employee - just moved them to other production where, get this, they couldn't find people that could pass drug tests AND show up for work.

U
Rookie
Rookie
U

So your happy doing the work for free? Doing something what another person was getting paid for? It might work out for you and your wife but I have a problem going though these self scan areas and kiosks and there is someone standing there to make sure YOU are doing it right! It is their job to do it , not mine!

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: UrbanaDawg

So your happy doing the work for free? Doing something what another person was getting paid for? It might work out for you and your wife but I have a problem going though these self scan areas and kiosks and there is someone standing there to make sure YOU are doing it right! It is their job to do it , not mine!

Honestly, you can make more money mowing lawns than working at McD's.

I'm ok with the self scanners, but probably because I abhor lines.

If I have a few things I rather go through the self scanner at the grocery store.

They kinda make it so if you have a bunch of stuff you'd be better off going to a proper cashier line. Cashier + Bagger is always faster if you have a bunch of stuff.

No Craps Given
U
Rookie
Rookie
U
I am not saying you individually, but we are getting just what we deserve. WE as a country stopped going to locally owned hardware stores, clothing stores etc. Instead we flocked to Wal Mart and Kohls for the cheapest prices. Small stores died out.

I agree with what your saying, but small stores are things of the past where I live. I try to buy local but can't. Its Walmart or we as a town have to travel 12 miles or more to go to another store. Matter of fact Walmart and Kroger both in my town have killed all its competition. As for our closest Kohls ( which I like because it competes against Walmart) store 12 miles away, its all check out with a person doing it , no self check out. As for our local hardware store, They close the doors @ 5 p.m. daily. usually after everyone gets off work. I guess they believe that no body works on projects around the home after work and I have to go to a big box store like Lowes or Home Depot 12 miles away. Yes the Lowes, Home Depot and Kohls are all in the same area 12 miles away all for our convience.

U
Rookie
Rookie
U

[/quote]

Honestly, you can make more money mowing lawns than working at McD's.

I'm ok with the self scanners, but probably because I abhor lines.

If I have a few things I rather go through the self scanner at the grocery store.

They kinda make it so if you have a bunch of stuff you'd be better off going to a proper cashier line. Cashier + Bagger is always faster if you have a bunch of stuff.[/quote]

But thats the thing , we all had small item lines ( 15 items or less) where someone did their job, usually a senior citizen or retiree running it making extra money on the side. The lines were never long for these lines . Now we have to do it while some one gets paid to watch us do it. And even worse they are replacing the Walmart greeters with cart checkers , shaking down the customers before they are leaving to make sure we aren't stealing merchandise. Some of you may not see this yet in your Walmart but you will. They are replacing the greeters with people that are checking the receipts to the carts. This is even after watching you go through the lines and paying for the merchandise, self scan and employ scan. This is what I believe to be POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE.

E
Legend
Legend
E
I don't know about that. My Kroger usually has more express cashier lanes (15 items or less) open than regular lanes.

And they will funnel the full carts to the express lanes when there are too many full carts.

The self scanner customers usually just have a hand basket of items. Not a cart.

I don't go to Walmart enough to know about Walmart.

I agree that small/medium retail is being crushed as far as brick and mortar stores go. HOWEVER, they are killing it by selling on Amazon. When one door closes, another opens.

Also, local service jobs/businesses are booming. I hire a lot of local mom and pop businesses for various things.

For example, I have a lawn guy and his wife come do my yard. They rock. Tons of people in my neighborhood hire local lawncare. Pays a lot better than minimum wage and you set your own hours.

No Craps Given
A
Legend
Legend
A
Did I say I was happy about it? Or did I say WHY it's happening?

And also, it's not doing 'the work for free' as you state. It's keeping costs of running a business down, which helps keep the costs of the product down.

I've said this for years on end...........I'll try 1 more time.

Everyone here wants to be paid more. I get it.

Yet, everyone flocks to buy the cheap stuff. Or, the stuff that is cheapest. It's "pay me more, so I can save by buying cheaper." That isn't how it works.

Saw a facebook post today about how China is the number 1 producer of solar panels. Don't know if it's true or not.........but, my guess is, IF true, it's because the Chinese work for pennies on our dollar. Do those workers get paid vacations, sick days, paid holidays, health insurance, pensions, matching 401k's, you know, all the things American workers demand, yet still won't can't fill a $15 an hour starting off job?

Pay me more, so I can go buy stuff from a big box store that bought there stuff from China because it's cheaper.

That'll work. Work, sending more jobs over seas.

Pay the fry cook $15 an hour.......but bitch when you have to push a few buttons? Other choice is, pay a bit more for your food from McDonalds. You choose.

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
I think I'd enjoy a landscaper - type job.

gmstrong

-----------------

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: lampdogg

Those zero-turn mowers look like a lot of fun. I watched a commercial landscape guy do a business's small front lawn and tree lawn while I was sitting at a long-ish red light one day. Zip, zip, zip, zip, done.

Legend
Legend
My wife likes soup from them. I like that they really help our Rainbow Table with their donations. I like some bread there. Salads are solid as well.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
Quote:
Poor service is getting to be the normal thing with all big business. This comes from the Top people running the companies. They are making the customers do the work instead of their own employees.

Kind of funny because I think service, especially at fast food places, has gotten a lot better. Department stores and such, not so much.

Quote:
If I should have to work in your stores then pay us customers or give us a discount.

Whether you realize it or not, you are getting a discount. Places like grocery stores and Wal-marts are very price competitive, they are using self-check out to try to keep prices down and allow folks to get in and out quickly. I can have 1 person per register (or two if I have the cashier and the bagger) helping one person at a time... or I can have 1 person monitor 6 self-check outs with no baggers... pretty simple economics. That helps them keep prices down, which you get the benefit, even if you don't use the self-check.

Also means the person with 1 thing doesn't have to stand in line behind the person with a full cart full of stuff...

Quote:
One more thing to add, I get really ticked off when I'm in the drive thru at a fast food place and when I'm at the window they ask me to pull up past the window because they were waiting on getting my fries done. This happened once and I waited 20 min. and had to go inside to get my food because they forgot. From now on I don't do it. They have my money now give me my food. everybody else can wait like me. So I apologize ahead of time, If you are behind me in the drive thru lane and they try to make me pull up. I won't and will wait for my food next to the window every time till I get it.

So you will tick off an entire line full of people because one time in the past somebody messed up and forgot you were waiting on some fries? Boy that sounds extremely spiteful and vindictive.. not to mention you are punishing the wrong people.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN

Quote:
If I should have to work in your stores then pay us customers or give us a discount.

Whether you realize it or not, you are getting a discount. Places like grocery stores and Wal-marts are very price competitive, they are using self-check out to try to keep prices down and allow folks to get in and out quickly. I can have 1 person per register (or two if I have the cashier and the bagger) helping one person at a time... or I can have 1 person monitor 6 self-check outs with no baggers... pretty simple economics. That helps them keep prices down, which you get the benefit, even if you don't use the self-check.

That's what I shake my head at these days. If you want to see what the discount is, then shop at a place that uses a full-service check-out lines with baggers and carry-out service. That larger difference in price? That's what you're saving when you bag it yourself.

People complain about things like airlines treating people like cattle. But you know, you can avoid that by going to airlines that charge a much higher price but give you great customer service. Yet consumers would rather get the cheapest thing available and somehow expect them not to skimp.

The old adage is usually true: You get what you pay for. And most consumers would rather not pay much. So this is what we get.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Dave
Originally Posted By: lampdogg

Those zero-turn mowers look like a lot of fun. I watched a commercial landscape guy do a business's small front lawn and tree lawn while I was sitting at a long-ish red light one day. Zip, zip, zip, zip, done.

I have a zero turn mower. I actually like mowing my yard because of it. So much fun. So much easier than a traditional tractor. Mows while moving both forward and backward. Can turn on a dime.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
The old adage in the construction industry applies to many other industries as well..

We can build your building to the highest quality, at the lowest price, and on time.

**Pick any 2.

Because it's impossible to provide all 3 simultaneously, yet that is what folks expect.

Your airline analogy is dead on... Expedia, travelocity, and cheap-o-air don't exist because people want great quality, they want the cheapest flight.

And you'll notice that Cathay Air, Air Emirates, and Singapore Air never seem to appear on those discount websites, because they are expensive.. the planes are amazing and the service is 5-star... but it's expensive.

yebat' Putin
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
I don't entirely agree on the airlines. Last time I flew I could but $100 ticket on frontier or an $800 ticket on Delta. Both tickets got me a "smashed in like sardines" seat.

I do agree with the general point. People are cheap and are always looking for the lowest price to pay.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
When I order root beer, I want root beer. Not ice tea.

When I ask for no pickles on my burger I don't expect to crunch into one. I realize I'm not dining at the Ritz, but if I pay money for a commodity, I expect to get what I asked and paid for.

Last edited by lampdogg; 05/31/19 09:52 PM.

gmstrong

-----------------

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Done with McDonald's

Link Copied to Clipboard